Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,362 members, 7,780,985 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 06:56 AM

World Class Cement Plant Will Be Established Next Year - Aganga - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / World Class Cement Plant Will Be Established Next Year - Aganga (3889 Views)

Dangote All Smiles Over His $600 Million Dangote Cement Plant In Ethiopia (photo / Dangote's $600million Cement Plant In Ethiopia (A Closer Look) / Dangote Cement Plant Launched In Addis Ababa (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

World Class Cement Plant Will Be Established Next Year - Aganga by OAM4J: 1:02am On Sep 19, 2011
[size=13pt]Nigeria to establish World class Cement Plant next year[/size]

By Favour Nnabugwu
Nigeria will next year establish a world class cement plant, Minister of Trade and Investment, Olusegun Aganga has said. Aganga told journalists in Abuja weekend during an interactive session with Commissioners of Commerce and Industry in the country that the establishment of the cement plant would not only create job opportunity for the Nigeria teeming youths, but would as well strengthen  the nation’s economy.

The minister though emphasized on closer collaboration with other ministries and relevant agencies, said this will fast track the transformational agenda of Mr. President on the nation’s development.

In his words: “I want to emphasis here that rather than being jack of all trade, we must focus on areas where we have comparative advantage and develop them to  world’s level. About 95 per cent limestone is used in cement production and this we have in abundance in this country. That is why the Federal Government is doing everything possible to ensure that come next year, Nigeria will establish the largest cement plant in the whole world.”

He also said Nigeria has comparative advantage in the area of iron ore for mining, coal, gold, oil and gas, and of course, agricultural and agro allied products.

While emphasizing  the need for collaboration among the three tiers of the government, Aganga enjoined relevant agencies and parastatals to work together with the ministry to achieve this feat.

“Mining is one area the world economic leaders are making it big right now. My ministry is already collaborating with Japan and other countries abroad in ensuring that our iron ore minerals are adequately explored. We are working with the ministry of agriculture, mineral resources and others in ensuring that within the shortest time, Nigeria will be great producers of all these resources.

“I have said this before and I can make bold to say it again that we can not achieve this great feat alone. That is the essence of this meeting where we will put heads together to ensure that things work out.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/09/nigeria-to-establish-world-class-cement-plant-next-year/
Re: World Class Cement Plant Will Be Established Next Year - Aganga by pappy2000: 7:43am On Sep 19, 2011
Good talk,we have heard things like this in the past,so there is nothing to be excited about.the question is it a private venture a public coporation
Re: World Class Cement Plant Will Be Established Next Year - Aganga by jamace(m): 8:19am On Sep 19, 2011
Always talk talk and talk again. No action. angry angry

The guy is just entertaining Nigerians with theory without action.
Re: World Class Cement Plant Will Be Established Next Year - Aganga by Demdem(m): 8:38am On Sep 19, 2011
grin grin grin grin

Another Promise.
Noted.
Re: World Class Cement Plant Will Be Established Next Year - Aganga by talktrue1(m): 9:27am On Sep 19, 2011
We all know all the VISIONS ranging From Vision 2000 all the way down to Vision 2010
Now another Vision 2012.
Re: World Class Cement Plant Will Be Established Next Year - Aganga by Nobody: 9:34am On Sep 19, 2011
All na Lie Jooooorhhhhhhhhhhhh,  Free us!!!
Let them 1st reduce the current price of Cement in the country. Its alarming.
Re: World Class Cement Plant Will Be Established Next Year - Aganga by COMPAQ(m): 9:52am On Sep 19, 2011
Stupid govt. Is Dangote's Obajana cement plant not "world class" enough? So why the emphasis on "woeld class"?? Just say Another cement plant will be established next year. Besides we all know it won't be anyway!!!! Just talk as usual.
Re: World Class Cement Plant Will Be Established Next Year - Aganga by buzcenter: 10:19am On Sep 19, 2011
we need action and nt plans upon plans, gosh
Re: World Class Cement Plant Will Be Established Next Year - Aganga by doctokwus: 10:28am On Sep 19, 2011
@COMPAQ,u spoke my mind.When I knew it was a fluke was wen d phrase"world class",evrytime dt word is used in nigeria,nothing gets done or if done its 'village class'
Re: World Class Cement Plant Will Be Established Next Year - Aganga by rabzy: 11:24am On Sep 19, 2011
doctokwus:

@COMPAQ,u spoke my mind.When I knew it was a fluke was wen d phrase"world class",evrytime dt word is used in nigeria,nothing gets done or if done its 'village class'

Guy thanks so much, in Nigeria politicians use words that are disgustingly inappropriate and utterly deceitful. The one i hate to hear most is Ultra-modern something something, and when you see the thing its something from the dead ages.
Re: World Class Cement Plant Will Be Established Next Year - Aganga by xxxkubexxx: 11:26am On Sep 19, 2011
can u at least make it available and cheap to the masses, before u think of building a world class one. What clueless government, filled with a bunch of intellectual thieves.
Re: World Class Cement Plant Will Be Established Next Year - Aganga by mrewe: 11:31am On Sep 19, 2011
That will bring down the price?!
Re: World Class Cement Plant Will Be Established Next Year - Aganga by klas(m): 11:57am On Sep 19, 2011
compaq, I co-sign your comment. Another question is who is building? government or private sector? if private, why can't the minister allow the company to be the one informing the public or name the company? If it is by government then it is vision 2050.
Re: World Class Cement Plant Will Be Established Next Year - Aganga by Pukkah: 12:15pm On Sep 19, 2011
Why do these people like to use superlatives when they speak or make promises?  smiley

OK, we have heard you, "come next year, Nigeria will establish the largest cement plant in the whole world.shocked

But you failed to include something Mr Aganga, what should be done to you if this target is not achieved?  lipsrsealed undecided
Re: World Class Cement Plant Will Be Established Next Year - Aganga by palugycolina(m): 12:28pm On Sep 19, 2011
Na wa oo this world make them no go kill us with visions oo, when God told naoh that he was gonna use water to destory the world, it took noah many years and d water fianli came after about 100years or so,
Re: World Class Cement Plant Will Be Established Next Year - Aganga by PointB: 12:54pm On Sep 19, 2011
@Topic,
This Aganga guy is a funny fellow. grin grin grin grin
Re: World Class Cement Plant Will Be Established Next Year - Aganga by Kx: 1:39pm On Sep 19, 2011
ANOTHER "WILL BE", TO BE .
Will this govt ever get down to business?
Re: World Class Cement Plant Will Be Established Next Year - Aganga by otokx(m): 2:18pm On Sep 19, 2011
Politicians and their futuristic lies.
Re: World Class Cement Plant Will Be Established Next Year - Aganga by JimmyBoy1: 2:29pm On Sep 19, 2011
There is a problem of communication by this administartion. No administration has ever promised much like this current admnistration. However, I observe that they just make casual statements without any attempt to describe current states, factors responsible for current state, proposed plans, clear description of strategies, possibile limiting factors, backup plans and other necessary information. For instance a lame statement like "Enough is enough" then Boko Haram responded with more bombings makes nonsense of authority vested in the president. Now, when Nigerians here statements credited to the president, they just brush it aside.

Proper communication will inspire people and make them believe even if situtation is still undesirable.

GEJ administration should communicate properly.
Re: World Class Cement Plant Will Be Established Next Year - Aganga by LoveIcon: 3:58pm On Sep 19, 2011
Another avenue to chop money. What does this guys takes us for? This is just a wishful thinking that may not materialize even comes 2050.
Re: World Class Cement Plant Will Be Established Next Year - Aganga by BMZK: 5:01pm On Sep 19, 2011
UNICEM is a world Class greenfield Cement plant which was commissioned in 2009 in Cross River State.
UniCem manufactures Ordinary Portland Cement (OPC), CEM 1 for use in general construction and building purposes.
In compliance with the NIS 444-1:2003, UniCem cement meets the following specifications:

Cement Specifications
SO3 2.70 % - 3.20 %
Ins. < 1.00 %
L.O.I. < 5.00 %
Blaine > 3300 Cm2 /gm
Sieve
32 µo Max 20
45 µo Max 10
Compressive Strength
2 Days > 17 N/mm2
28 Days > 46 N/mm2
Expansion < 5 mm
For more details visit unicem website below:
http://www.unicem.com.ng/AboutUs/CompanyOverview/tabid/71/Default.aspx
Re: World Class Cement Plant Will Be Established Next Year - Aganga by Kolababa: 5:43pm On Sep 19, 2011
I will never believe anything that comes out from Aganga because Aganga is no more a technocrat, he is more a politician now and you know if polititicians tell you fifty things, only one will be true. The remaining 49 na lie upon lie.
Let me bring you back to when Sanusi said that 25% of our budget was been spent by the last National Assembly. At the floor of the house, Sanusi confronted them with the facts he had while Aganga been the Finance Minister was talking like a politician beating about the bush.
The only person I can believe in GEJ cabinet is Madan Ngozi Iweala provided PDP has not initiated her into Nigerian politics like the case of Madam Dora Akunyili.I will never believe anything that comes out from Aganga because Aganga is no more a technocrat, he is more a politician now and you know if polititicians tell you fifty things, only one will be true. The remaining 49 na lie upon lie.
Let me bring you back to when Sanusi said that 25% of our budget was been spent by the last National Assembly. At the floor of the house, Sanusi confronted them with the facts he had while Aganga been the Finance Minister was talking like a politician beating about the bush.
The only person I can believe in GEJ cabinet is Madan Ngozi Iweala provided PDP has not initiated her into Nigerian politics like the case of Madam Dora Akunyili.
Re: World Class Cement Plant Will Be Established Next Year - Aganga by RickyRoss1(m): 6:26pm On Sep 19, 2011
WHERE IS AJAOKUTA, AFRICA'S LARGEST AND BIGGEST STEEL PLANT THAT NEVER BE?
THIS ONE NO BE ANOTHER WHITE ELEPHANT PROJECT?
ANYWAYS IT WONT COST ME A THING TO BELIEVE,
Re: World Class Cement Plant Will Be Established Next Year - Aganga by blacksta(m): 6:54pm On Sep 19, 2011
Politicians , especially the ones in government have been reduced to a bunch of jesters.  I am so happy that Nigerians are now seeing this lot as a bunch of clowns - who have nothing better to offer but bull shi t .
Re: World Class Cement Plant Will Be Established Next Year - Aganga by jossy26: 11:30pm On Sep 19, 2011
@BMZK, whats the meaning of all these blaine, surface area thingy this is a general forum not for cement heads like you. we already have enough world class cement companies in Nigeria, the minister is just making a noise
Re: World Class Cement Plant Will Be Established Next Year - Aganga by wiseguy(m): 10:36am On Sep 20, 2011
I wonder why these people cannot allow we the masses be. Must they tell us about one useless project or another? Until i see any project of the Government in operation, i will never take or believe anything politicians say. I rather be proved wrong than have my hope shattered. Nigerian politicians are a rare breed i must say.
Re: World Class Cement Plant Will Be Established Next Year - Aganga by Ultrame(m): 10:44am On Sep 20, 2011
Just like the world class shipping yard abi? Classic!
Re: World Class Cement Plant Will Be Established Next Year - Aganga by martinosi: 11:36am On Sep 21, 2011
COMPAQ:

silly govt. Is Dangote's Obajana cement plant not "world class" enough? So why the emphasis on "woeld class"?? Just say Another cement plant will be established next year. Besides we all know it won't be anyway!!!! Just talk as usual.

CO-SIGN, Dangote Cement plant is the Biggest in the World
so i agree with you that i dont have a clue what this Trade Minister Aganga
is talking about.

(1) (Reply)

Biz Opportunities In Kaduna / AMCON Acquires N275b Bad Loans Of Zenon Oil, Geometric Power, Seawolf / Pls, How Can I Have 2m In My Bank Acct With A 60k Salary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.