Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,876 members, 7,802,818 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:35 PM

How Are You Preparing For Subsidy Removal? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How Are You Preparing For Subsidy Removal? (29104 Views)

Fuel Subsidy Removal Causes Sharp Decline In Generator Sales In Nigeria- Traders / Wema Quarterly SME Webinar: Impacts And Opportunities Of Fuel Subsidy Removal / Petrol subsidy increases by 2,000% in one year (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Are You Preparing For Subsidy Removal? by A001: 9:05am On Mar 27, 2023
Fuel subsidy is expected to be removed next month or in May before President Buhari leaves office on May 29, 2023.

Stakeholders in the Nigerian oil and gas sector have asked Nigerians to prepare to buy petrol at a rate of N750/Litre when the subsidy is removed.

How are you preparing for life after fuel subsidy removal?

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Are You Preparing For Subsidy Removal? by Nobody: 9:21am On Mar 27, 2023
When Jonathan removed this subsidy years ago and fuel was N140, all the nigerian GOs + politicians entered the street in the name of protest.

But I wonder how Nigerians are now enjoying fuel even at N200 today

230 Likes 14 Shares

Re: How Are You Preparing For Subsidy Removal? by A001: 9:28am On Mar 27, 2023
AbdulMagaji:
When Jonathan removed this subsidy years ago and fuel was N140, all the nigerian GOs + politicians entered the street in the name of protest.

But I wonder how Nigerians are now enjoying fuel even at N200 today
Hypocrisy is the name
Politics is the game

230 Likes 8 Shares

Re: How Are You Preparing For Subsidy Removal? by Amuluonyenaego: 12:56pm On Mar 28, 2023
Buhari and APC will kuku finish this country soon.

39 Likes 6 Shares

Re: How Are You Preparing For Subsidy Removal? by Felabrity: 12:57pm On Mar 28, 2023
I read APC supporters will be buying fuel at 120 per liter

256 Likes 15 Shares

Re: How Are You Preparing For Subsidy Removal? by Akshow: 12:57pm On Mar 28, 2023
Leaving 9ja....Best decision ever

53 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Are You Preparing For Subsidy Removal? by tunapawizzy: 12:57pm On Mar 28, 2023
Nigeria can actually afford to subsidize until infrastructure are fully in place for a full deregulation..... You cant be spending a lot of money to maintain the extravagance of the political class and turn around to claim there's no money to subsidize.....
If heads of govt agencies have funds to live so large and appoint needless advisers,
if presidency can afford to still have a bloated travel team on foreign trips,
if the legislative arm of govt can still afford feed fat on the resources of the country,
if the state governors can still afford to be spending billions on campaign and electioneering activities
then the country should be able to afford funds to subsidize until a refinery/refineries is/are in place to meet local demands AND ofcourse a proper competitive market is supported NOT a Dangote Oil & Gas Industry, because i am yet to see how self-sufficiency in cement production has brought down the cost of building houses in Nigeria

112 Likes 9 Shares

Re: How Are You Preparing For Subsidy Removal? by Nemesis0147(m): 12:57pm On Mar 28, 2023
Subsidy or no subsidy….me and my family will survive ☺️💯

220 Likes 11 Shares

Re: How Are You Preparing For Subsidy Removal? by millionboi2: 12:58pm On Mar 28, 2023
Tinubu sworn that he is going to remove subsidy.

No matter what Igbo ppl go survive, I pity my northern brothers.

62 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Are You Preparing For Subsidy Removal? by Adexgentle005(m): 12:58pm On Mar 28, 2023
It is going to get ugly soon!

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Are You Preparing For Subsidy Removal? by Tannhauser(m): 12:58pm On Mar 28, 2023
angry

Subsidy is going nowhere! Not until tha APC explains how Nigerians are consuming 4-5 times more fuel ⛽ under the current harsher economic conditions than they did in 2015.

Dey play.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Are You Preparing For Subsidy Removal? by Tobijays: 12:58pm On Mar 28, 2023
is Dangote refinery already operational? And if it is, can it meet Nigeria demands. All these questions must be answered before raising cost of living for ordinary citizens! Will they increase wages( but this happens to be a curse in Nigeria, Government raises the minimum wage everything other thing will be expensive!) the money made from subsidy removal will be for what exactly?. Nigeria is not ready for complete subsidy removal, maybe partial sha

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Are You Preparing For Subsidy Removal? by jaxxy(m): 12:58pm On Mar 28, 2023
people who can't fix the economy want to remove subsidy. Bunch of failures

apc has no business being in power. they are completely incompetent

58 Likes 7 Shares

Re: How Are You Preparing For Subsidy Removal? by Formularcr7: 12:58pm On Mar 28, 2023
Thanks for the reminder, I'm hoping dangote refinery will help

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Are You Preparing For Subsidy Removal? by Administration1: 12:58pm On Mar 28, 2023
Wait ooo, how much is this subsidy again? Because it was not even upto half the current price of petrol today as at 2014. Each successive government increases it

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Are You Preparing For Subsidy Removal? by jude33084(m): 12:58pm On Mar 28, 2023
cheesy

Tinubu will make it 140/lit again cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Are You Preparing For Subsidy Removal? by Omenapounds: 12:58pm On Mar 28, 2023
Re: How Are You Preparing For Subsidy Removal? by vivalavida(m): 12:58pm On Mar 28, 2023
Na to sell my car oo.
I can't be buying fuel at that price. Sell the damn car, add money and process japa things

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Are You Preparing For Subsidy Removal? by GoodbutBadguy: 12:58pm On Mar 28, 2023
Trying to save, earn and invest in USD or Euros, it's high time to start buying things in bulk cool

1 Like

Re: How Are You Preparing For Subsidy Removal? by B3sty(m): 12:58pm On Mar 28, 2023
First, I will Stock My House with Food Stuff that can last me at least for 6 Months. Food stuff like Rice, Beans, Egusi, Palm Oil, G4 etc.

Once there is an Increase in Fuel, Price of Food stuffs are most likely to Increase.

In other words
FRANCIS ANIWETA IS A CRIMINAL & A COMFIRMED SCAMMER. God will Purnish Him in his Current Location In UK.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Are You Preparing For Subsidy Removal? by barbstee(m): 12:58pm On Mar 28, 2023
It's actually necessary to do

I don't think any government can sustain that.

All the major presidential candidates promised to remove it too

I wish our refinery can function to full capacity.

But...
If only they had allowed GEJ to remove it then

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Are You Preparing For Subsidy Removal? by Tobijays: 12:58pm On Mar 28, 2023
Felabrity:
obi also said he will remove the subsidy!

6 Likes

Re: How Are You Preparing For Subsidy Removal? by NasMaleeq(m): 12:59pm On Mar 28, 2023
Hmmmmm, subsidy removal again? How much are we now going to be buying our fuel now? May God help us oo
Re: How Are You Preparing For Subsidy Removal? by RedPilChurchBoy: 12:59pm On Mar 28, 2023
angry
Re: How Are You Preparing For Subsidy Removal? by brain54(m): 12:59pm On Mar 28, 2023
Buhari is an irresponsible president…

How can you take such an action on the eve of your departure from government.

Without any policies in place to tackle the likely negative effects of subsidy removal?

Create a problem and run away, leave the next administration to face the consequences.

What stoped buhari from implementing this subsidy removal for 8 years. Why now?

Totally irresponsible!

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Are You Preparing For Subsidy Removal? by deandavid(m): 12:59pm On Mar 28, 2023
T

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Are You Preparing For Subsidy Removal? by Allisgud: 12:59pm On Mar 28, 2023
So after subsidizing what will be the benefit to nigerians

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Are You Preparing For Subsidy Removal? by xristos(m): 12:59pm On Mar 28, 2023
What is fuel subsidy in lay man english pls?

Because our elementary economics is that We are oil producing nation, though we dont refine.. but our oil should still be cheap nonetheless.. why subsidy in the first place

6 Likes

Re: How Are You Preparing For Subsidy Removal? by Heroicvic(m): 12:59pm On Mar 28, 2023
I'm preparing to leave the country
Thanks 🤝

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Are You Preparing For Subsidy Removal? by Ayilara1(m): 12:59pm On Mar 28, 2023
Felabrity:

I guessed all the three presidential candidate said they will remove subsidy after all.

Removing subsidy is not really the problem, where will the money go to that is the problem.

One of the preparation someone can do is to quickly do or upgrade your solar system, if truly fuel will be #750.

9 Likes

Re: How Are You Preparing For Subsidy Removal? by Emma1Oj(m): 12:59pm On Mar 28, 2023
This question shld be directed to employers. About how are dey planning to increase their staffs salary. Because it's no longer funny talkless of subsidy remover.

7 Likes

Re: How Are You Preparing For Subsidy Removal? by datola: 1:00pm On Mar 28, 2023
Necessary... that must happen

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Gomoney Bank Has Been Down For A Week Now, Customers Money Trapped / Nigerians Vent Their Anger On CBN, Bankers / Youngest Billionaire Still Bikes To Work

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.