Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,298 members, 7,808,012 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:19 AM

Amuneke Expresses Interest In Super Eagles Coaching Job - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Amuneke Expresses Interest In Super Eagles Coaching Job (12125 Views)

NFF Declares Super Eagles Coaching Position Vacant / Amunike Joins Super Eagles Coaching Crew / Enyeama Lands First Coaching Job In France (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Amuneke Expresses Interest In Super Eagles Coaching Job by robosky02(m): 9:53pm On Mar 27, 2023
Amuneke Expresses Interest In Super Eagles Coaching Job

Former Nigeria international Emmanuel Amuneke has said if given the opportunity to coach the Super Eagles he would not turn it down.

Amuneke made this known in an interview on News Central.

The former Barcelona forward’s only coaching experience with the Eagles was as an assistant.

In 2018, he was appointed as the coach of the Tanzania national football team and qualified them for the 2019 Africa Cup of Nations.

And Amuneke, who is currently consultant to the coaching crew of Zambian club Zanaco, said he it would be a welcome development for him if given the opportunity to handle the three-time AFCON winners.

“I’ve never coached the Super Eagles, I’ve only gone twice to assist someone but coaching Super Eagles on my own I have not.

“But of course Nigeria is my country and the national team we are all part of it and when the opportunity comes and Nigerians feel that we can add something to the national team of course it’s a welcome development.”

In 2015 Amuneke guided the Golden Eaglets to win the U-17 World Cup in Chile.

Serie A top scorer Victor Osimhen, Samuel Chukwueze and Kelechi Nwakali were part of Amuneke’s 2015 World Cup winning squad.
https://www.completesports.com/amuneke-expresses-interest-in-super-eagles-coaching-job/

12 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Amuneke Expresses Interest In Super Eagles Coaching Job by robosky02(m): 9:59pm On Mar 27, 2023
I think Amunike will be a good coach if given the chance…….But he needs all the help he can get……He needs freedom to select the best for each position……he needs financial support interms of his salaries and allowances being paid promptly…….He needs good pitches to play his brand of football which is the tiki taka…….He will do well because some of the current national team players where once under his tutolage……Ndidi Iheanacho Awoniyi Moffi Osimhen Chukwueze Nwakali Uzoho and co know Amunike very well.

By the way why bring in a Dundee called Peseiro when Amunike is here with us

Some prophet are not honoured at home

60 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Amuneke Expresses Interest In Super Eagles Coaching Job by Kemi11: 9:59pm On Mar 27, 2023
Omo, It's actually not a bad idea to keep changing them until we get it right o.

6 Likes

Re: Amuneke Expresses Interest In Super Eagles Coaching Job by brain54(m): 10:03pm On Mar 27, 2023
Amunike is not a bad coach…

I think him and Siasa are two of the best coaches we have!

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Amuneke Expresses Interest In Super Eagles Coaching Job by Onowu33: 10:06pm On Mar 27, 2023
Na money them go still chop

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Amuneke Expresses Interest In Super Eagles Coaching Job by Jesse6(m): 10:15pm On Mar 27, 2023
The problem with a Nigerian coaching the Super eagles is religion,ethnicity, corruption e.t.c
But is never a bad idea though

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amuneke Expresses Interest In Super Eagles Coaching Job by LUGBE: 11:06pm On Mar 27, 2023
I can see, he did not even wait till 29th May before indicating interest no wonder he campaigned for failure.

God will judge all greedy and selfish citizens

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Amuneke Expresses Interest In Super Eagles Coaching Job by Freshtruth(m): 6:32am On Mar 28, 2023
Oga rest
Re: Amuneke Expresses Interest In Super Eagles Coaching Job by Freshtruth(m): 6:34am On Mar 28, 2023
Jesse6:
The problem with a Nigerian coaching the Super eagles is religion,ethnicity, corruption e.t.c
But is never a bad idea though
If Nigeria is a serious football nation they we go for Joachim loew

2 Likes

Re: Amuneke Expresses Interest In Super Eagles Coaching Job by ABIODUN105(m): 8:04am On Mar 28, 2023
Welcome development he is the only qualified local coach
Re: Amuneke Expresses Interest In Super Eagles Coaching Job by LithiumSupplier: 8:55am On Mar 28, 2023
He could be the lifeline we so much need to bring life back to the Super Eagles.

I am a certified lithium supplier.

DM for more enquiries.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Amuneke Expresses Interest In Super Eagles Coaching Job by callmevirus(m): 8:56am On Mar 28, 2023
Only if he can do it

1 Like

Re: Amuneke Expresses Interest In Super Eagles Coaching Job by oluseyiforjesus(m): 8:56am On Mar 28, 2023
I wish him d best
Re: Amuneke Expresses Interest In Super Eagles Coaching Job by ROYALMAXCLEANER: 8:56am On Mar 28, 2023
I love his styles of playing....

1 Like

Re: Amuneke Expresses Interest In Super Eagles Coaching Job by Ratedeyok: 8:56am On Mar 28, 2023
Hmmm
Re: Amuneke Expresses Interest In Super Eagles Coaching Job by Oboto700(m): 8:58am On Mar 28, 2023
Make Dem give am abeg... super eagles playing with no pattern.. they couldn't even understand osihmen's space at All..Moda fuckers

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amuneke Expresses Interest In Super Eagles Coaching Job by usagee36: 8:58am On Mar 28, 2023
Nigeria football died when shaibu qualified us for world cup twice and they didn't take him to the world cup. They need to go to his grave for forgiveness and give his family N50,000,000 If not, any Eagle will continue to turn to chicken grin grin

10 Likes

Re: Amuneke Expresses Interest In Super Eagles Coaching Job by captainamiedi1: 9:01am On Mar 28, 2023
Oga go to a football club and prove your competence. The job is not a free gift.
Re: Amuneke Expresses Interest In Super Eagles Coaching Job by Reference(m): 9:01am On Mar 28, 2023
If only he can handle the players and the issues of complex besetting the average black man.
He succeeded with the junior teams because they were starting out and eager to impress.
It is a tougher job handling players who are being led consistently by foreign coaches and managers in the respective clubs.

He can start out with the Nations Cup League team and build from there.
But he is certainly in pole position any time we decide to go indigenous once again.

1 Like

Re: Amuneke Expresses Interest In Super Eagles Coaching Job by Sleekfingers: 9:01am On Mar 28, 2023
You are welcome to coach the useless super chickens....
Re: Amuneke Expresses Interest In Super Eagles Coaching Job by Pk01(m): 9:02am On Mar 28, 2023
We need local players to rep us..

1 Like

Re: Amuneke Expresses Interest In Super Eagles Coaching Job by EmekaBlue(m): 9:02am On Mar 28, 2023
Okocha

Kanu

Other good options. They gat real football experience

1 Like

Re: Amuneke Expresses Interest In Super Eagles Coaching Job by Xlogistics(m): 9:03am On Mar 28, 2023
Say no to foreign coaches

Are you looking for a Reliable SUPPLIER from CHINA, DUBAI, UK, KENYA etc to help you import your goods and services at a reduced cost? I’m your plug
Re: Amuneke Expresses Interest In Super Eagles Coaching Job by SK1SOLA: 9:03am On Mar 28, 2023
Long over due, these are the guys that should be in the affairs of the super and chicken eagles.

ASIWAJU IS COMING
DONT PANIC

2 Likes

Re: Amuneke Expresses Interest In Super Eagles Coaching Job by superCleanworks(m): 9:05am On Mar 28, 2023
No passion in his comment at all

Nigeria is my country and the national team we are all part of it and when the opportunity comes and Nigerians feel that we can add something

Are we to give you the job because Nigeria is your country or because you are FIT for the job? Who asked for your nationality?
It would have been more SOLID if had shown more zeal and interest based on abilty and hunger for the opportunity to move the team forward rather than saying IF NIGERIANS FEEL WE CAN ADD SOMETHING.
Re: Amuneke Expresses Interest In Super Eagles Coaching Job by TOPCRUISE(m): 9:07am On Mar 28, 2023
Nigerian coaches are prone to chase their players away with an excuse of attitude.
They always have problem with their players. Once they get the job one or three members of the team will be on the news for indiscipline.
Nigerian coaches should manage under 17 and under 20 National team where they can shout at their players anyhow without being questioned.
Re: Amuneke Expresses Interest In Super Eagles Coaching Job by NairaLux(f): 9:08am On Mar 28, 2023
Good
Re: Amuneke Expresses Interest In Super Eagles Coaching Job by davidtemi(m): 9:08am On Mar 28, 2023
Give it to him

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Berti Vogts Must Go / Lionel Messi Records His First Goal Of 2022 / Nigeria’s 21-player List For Women Cup Of Nations Released By CAF

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.