Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,772 members, 7,798,577 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 06:19 AM

Things To Keep In Mind For A Counter Offer? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Things To Keep In Mind For A Counter Offer? (6188 Views)

Would You Accept A Counter Offer After Resigning From A Company? / The Five Most Important Things To Include On Your CV / Question That's Been Bothering My Mind For A While Now (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Things To Keep In Mind For A Counter Offer? by lavylilly: 12:15pm On Mar 28, 2023
Things to keep in mind for a counter offer?

1. Identify what you want: Your reason for accepting the offer must be clear: Are you for work flexibility, higher pay, bonus, career growth, quality of work etc. You must be able to weigh your options if not you will succumb once temporary benefits are flashed before you. Understand the act of negotiaton.

2. Never play dirty: The idea of playing smart and playing both parties might eventually not favor you. If you are not ready to accept an offer, kindly be vocal about this from the get go. do not raise #HR hope when you know fully that you are not leaving your current place of work.

3. Take your time: Well most times you might not have all the time during a counter offer. I will say it is best to weigh the options with your inner circle. Don't rush the process. Take your time to really identify all facts and details that you need.

4. What else after Salary: You need to check the benefits that are included. also discuss net during this conversation. What are the benefits the parties involved are willing to offer.

5. Your Tone: During a counter offer, you need to always stay calm. it is easy to believe the other party is selfish because they refuse to yield to your offer. Emotions can play here and there however you need to stay focused. Never allow disrespect set in during a counter offer.

Don't be greedy
Don't be afraid
Don't be too emotional
Don't destroy relationship
Don't be confused
Don't be swayed by short term benefits

Avoid believing that counter offer are traps set by organization. I wish you the best

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Things To Keep In Mind For A Counter Offer? by xristos(m): 12:50pm On Mar 28, 2023
Make sure your value is almost indispensable before you think of countering any offer..
Build value first

I finally made FTC since 2013 grin
Oh my nairaland..u have become my hobby
Any reward??.. see my service and contact below

4 Likes

Re: Things To Keep In Mind For A Counter Offer? by noyd911(m): 12:50pm On Mar 28, 2023
Whatever the case may be 😉

For your dimensional fitted kitchen cabinets, closet and lots more please call.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Things To Keep In Mind For A Counter Offer? by benebaby77: 12:51pm On Mar 28, 2023
Be ready to for undesirable results like withdrawing of the offer....

1 Like

Re: Things To Keep In Mind For A Counter Offer? by ninety5: 12:51pm On Mar 28, 2023
grin
Re: Things To Keep In Mind For A Counter Offer? by Ameboperoo(m): 12:52pm On Mar 28, 2023
Click like if don't know what a counter offer is
share if you knew
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Things To Keep In Mind For A Counter Offer? by Nobody: 1:09pm On Mar 28, 2023
This would have been an educating post, unfortunately you ended up confusing people... Half of your readers won't understand you... You should have started off by explaining what a counter offer is.

10 Likes

Re: Things To Keep In Mind For A Counter Offer? by Skillsnigeria: 1:11pm On Mar 28, 2023
Noted

1 Like

Re: Things To Keep In Mind For A Counter Offer? by bigdammyj: 2:02pm On Mar 28, 2023
Noted.
Re: Things To Keep In Mind For A Counter Offer? by Johnjanrt: 2:25pm On Mar 28, 2023

Nairaland is becoming educative once again with calibre of threads making FP.
God help Nigeria to be great in our lifetime.

3 Likes

Re: Things To Keep In Mind For A Counter Offer? by remsonik(f): 3:37pm On Mar 28, 2023
Good
Re: Things To Keep In Mind For A Counter Offer? by MissOpe(f): 4:06pm On Mar 28, 2023
Counter offer or counter attack? grin
Re: Things To Keep In Mind For A Counter Offer? by kingimmade: 9:15pm On Mar 29, 2023
nice write up @op

1 Like

Re: Things To Keep In Mind For A Counter Offer? by lavylilly: 8:28am On Mar 30, 2023
wink
kingimmade:
nice write up @op

(1) (Reply)

United African State Recruitment / Nigerian Navy (a Word Of Advice ) / I Need A Sales Girl

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.