Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,353 members, 7,800,706 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 01:41 AM

A Total Ban On The Use Of Ethnic Slurs On Nairaland - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Total Ban On The Use Of Ethnic Slurs On Nairaland (88968 Views)

FG Charges Miyetti Allah Leader With ‘unlawful Creation Of Ethnic Militia’ / Sanwo-Olu Announces Total Ban Of Okada In 6 Local Government / Total Ban On Okada In Lagos Takes Effect In Two Months - Sanwo-Olu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (27) (Go Down)

Re: A Total Ban On The Use Of Ethnic Slurs On Nairaland by baralatie(m): 1:24pm On Mar 28, 2023
What is ethic or ethnic slur
undecided

1 Like

Re: A Total Ban On The Use Of Ethnic Slurs On Nairaland by BluePrincee: 1:24pm On Mar 28, 2023
grin
Re: A Total Ban On The Use Of Ethnic Slurs On Nairaland by Iamgrey5(m): 1:24pm On Mar 28, 2023
Asgard13:

90% of them are reaction to actions
This was your last comment before this thread as bigoted as ever.

7 Likes

Re: A Total Ban On The Use Of Ethnic Slurs On Nairaland by chukkystar(m): 1:24pm On Mar 28, 2023
I go report people tire
Re: A Total Ban On The Use Of Ethnic Slurs On Nairaland by Lovelife433(m): 1:24pm On Mar 28, 2023
Good Better best.
Re: A Total Ban On The Use Of Ethnic Slurs On Nairaland by socialmediaman: 1:24pm On Mar 28, 2023
missade:
This is long overdue Seun. Finally some form of sanity, you can’t comment on here without the use of nasty words. Thank goodness.

Words don't translate to actions. This is more like damage control to save face after the deed has been done already. I'm holding him by actions, not words

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Total Ban On The Use Of Ethnic Slurs On Nairaland by Lekan239(m): 1:24pm On Mar 28, 2023
Donjazet2:
Very wonderful development.

Raumdeuter, come and see oo.
You will no longer be tolerated for those hateful words towards Igbos.

Nice development Seun. This platform will see a beginning of sanity and healthy discourse. This is long overdue.

We're watching myndfourfour who has enabled these people to see how they react to this development.
chai
Re: A Total Ban On The Use Of Ethnic Slurs On Nairaland by stepaside2: 1:24pm On Mar 28, 2023
Good move Seun but I wonder if this is not coming too late. Nairaland has wide readership and followership and moulds opinions. Things shouldn't have been allowed to degenerate to this level. That said, better late than never. You will keep DSS and other security agencies at bay too. Best of luck!!

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Total Ban On The Use Of Ethnic Slurs On Nairaland by ThEGodFaDa2: 1:24pm On Mar 28, 2023
N3TRAL:
Seun, can you make a list of words that are prohibited so that our freedom of speech is not ridiculed in the guise of fighting tribalism.

Make a comprehensive list or a comprehensive definition of what tribal slurs are. Define tribal slurs and what can pass as tribal slurs if there's no list. Thanks.

" Tribe of the fallen demon" has been used to insult people here. It's a phrase not even a word.

SAY NO TO TRIBALISM OR CYBER BULLYING. I STAND AGAINST BOTH VICES AND CONDEMN THEM AS A GOOD NAIRALAND MEMBER!
Keep ya mouth shut, mischievous fellow looking for a way to beat the system.

3 Likes

Re: A Total Ban On The Use Of Ethnic Slurs On Nairaland by GoodbutBadguy: 1:25pm On Mar 28, 2023
If NCAN is disbanded with immediate effect then everyone will know that this measure is not a joke else na play grin

1 Like

Re: A Total Ban On The Use Of Ethnic Slurs On Nairaland by Investorozay: 1:25pm On Mar 28, 2023
Davash222:
I'll advise you remove Myndd from the enforcing team cos he/she will only ban people from a particular region.

true - we cant have bigots as mods

5 Likes

Re: A Total Ban On The Use Of Ethnic Slurs On Nairaland by tamdun: 1:25pm On Mar 28, 2023
Davash222:
I'll advise you remove Myndd from the enforcing team cos he/she will only ban people from a particular region.
Why,what has he done wrong?

2 Likes

Re: A Total Ban On The Use Of Ethnic Slurs On Nairaland by Oche211(m): 1:25pm On Mar 28, 2023
Better late than never. At least, we can have some sanity here.

This should have been done before the elections though

1 Like

Re: A Total Ban On The Use Of Ethnic Slurs On Nairaland by Nigerialabalaba: 1:25pm On Mar 28, 2023
Seun:
Fellow Nairalanders,

We have noticed the use of ethnic slurs and other derogatory names by a small but persistent group of political actors and trolls.

This practice of derogatory name-calling adds no value to the forum. It's bad for our mental health, our harmony as a community, and the reputation of Nairaland. It's simply toxic. It's absence and the absence of the people who use those slurs will not be missed.

Therefore I have decided to ban the practice entirely. I have instructed dominique, mukina2, Lalasticlala and Mynd44 to ban anyone who uses an ethnic slur or derogatory name on Nairaland. The antispam bot will also contribute to the effort. Please report any case that you see.

- Seun Osewa, Founder of Nairaland
all those people wey dey put dot and special character in d centre nko.How about those wey dey do criminal defamation of Tinubu.

Banning dem no go wek, just start reporting them to DSS if u wan make dis platform make sense.

All dis one u do go soon become initial gragra.

Collabo with DSS and Police to be arresting and prosecuting dem. Shikena

4 Likes

Re: A Total Ban On The Use Of Ethnic Slurs On Nairaland by uncleck: 1:25pm On Mar 28, 2023
Better late than never

1 Like

Re: A Total Ban On The Use Of Ethnic Slurs On Nairaland by FatimaAbubakar(f): 1:26pm On Mar 28, 2023
socialmediaman:
Seun get rid of that ethnic champion of a mod who bans some people but allow others to use ethnic slurs. I've seen people use ethnic slurs on me but since I can't engage in such lows, I report them, only to see them trolling me and others right after.

Cc: Mynd44
Re: A Total Ban On The Use Of Ethnic Slurs On Nairaland by tommykiwi(m): 1:26pm On Mar 28, 2023
Good, Mr Seun.

1 Like

Re: A Total Ban On The Use Of Ethnic Slurs On Nairaland by seunmsg(m): 1:26pm On Mar 28, 2023
Asgard13:

90% of them are reaction to actions

Like “Tinubu must contest” and “Power to the north” are reactions to others? How?

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Total Ban On The Use Of Ethnic Slurs On Nairaland by eagleu: 1:26pm On Mar 28, 2023
A Mod like Mynd44 is emotionally biased, and not capable of cleansing NL of ethnic tribal bigotry, because his record shows that he is part of the problem.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Total Ban On The Use Of Ethnic Slurs On Nairaland by lavylilly: 1:26pm On Mar 28, 2023
DSS DON HALA YOU BA?, you refused to listen after many calls to act. It took DSS
Seun:
Fellow Nairalanders,

We have noticed the use of ethnic slurs and other derogatory names by a small but persistent group of political actors and trolls.

This practice of derogatory name-calling adds no value to the forum. It's bad for our mental health, our harmony as a community, and the reputation of Nairaland. It's simply toxic. It's absence and the absence of the people who use those slurs will not be missed.

Therefore I have decided to ban the practice entirely. I have instructed dominique, mukina2, Lalasticlala and Mynd44 to ban anyone who uses an ethnic slur or derogatory name on Nairaland. The antispam bot will also contribute to the effort. Please report any case that you see.

- Seun Osewa, Founder of Nairaland
Anyway, I don carry belle and pick your calls. I just keep quiet, you deleting my threadi about our affairs. You have 48hrs otherwise I will go to gistlover

3 Likes

Re: A Total Ban On The Use Of Ethnic Slurs On Nairaland by PonzlHater(f): 1:26pm On Mar 28, 2023
Seriously, I was even considering creating an "End Nairaland" campaign on Change because with the way tribalism is going here, it looks as if Seun is the man behind it.

5 Likes

Re: A Total Ban On The Use Of Ethnic Slurs On Nairaland by Injera(f): 1:26pm On Mar 28, 2023
No hate only truth
Re: A Total Ban On The Use Of Ethnic Slurs On Nairaland by BaddestQueen(f): 1:26pm On Mar 28, 2023
God bless Seun my love 😍 ❤️❤️❤️
Re: A Total Ban On The Use Of Ethnic Slurs On Nairaland by descarado: 1:26pm On Mar 28, 2023
After 10yrs?
You are not serious.

Maybe, cos of recent event happening in the country, guy man is afraid.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Total Ban On The Use Of Ethnic Slurs On Nairaland by Folanre(m): 1:27pm On Mar 28, 2023
Weldone Seun

1 Like

Re: A Total Ban On The Use Of Ethnic Slurs On Nairaland by tamdun: 1:27pm On Mar 28, 2023
Davash222:

Yeah, most hardworking in tribalism and segregation.

Una don start

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (27)

Ken Saro Wiwa's Last Words Before His Execution On 10 Nov. 1995 / Hanan Buhari Graduates With First Class From UK University (Photo) / What Diepreye Jackson Dikibo Said About Allen Onyema In 2014

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.