Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,290 members, 7,807,984 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:22 AM

NLC, TUC Shift Strike Notice By 2 Weeks - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NLC, TUC Shift Strike Notice By 2 Weeks (15617 Views)

Hardship: NLC, TUC Issue 14-day Nationwide Strike Notice To FG / Fuel Subsidy: NLC Issues Seven-Day Nationwide Strike Notice / Buhari Extends Gradual Ease Of Lockdown In Lagos, Abuja, Ogun By 2 Weeks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NLC, TUC Shift Strike Notice By 2 Weeks by jackie35(m): 6:01pm On Mar 28, 2023
Re: NLC, TUC Shift Strike Notice By 2 Weeks by cletz991(m): 6:02pm On Mar 28, 2023
Weaklings sadNLC always bottling
Re: NLC, TUC Shift Strike Notice By 2 Weeks by geoworldedu: 6:02pm On Mar 28, 2023
otuomasirichi:
The strike should be suspended for now because CBN had already complied to the agreement 🀝
I went to GTbank last week Friday, i was asked to write ✍️ any amount i want, I taught they were joking, I requested for 500,000.00 thousand naira, to my greatest surprise' it was given to me πŸ€ΈπŸ’ƒπŸ‘
Sounds like lies.

2 Likes

Re: NLC, TUC Shift Strike Notice By 2 Weeks by RenaissanceGuy: 6:03pm On Mar 28, 2023
otuomasirichi:
The strike should be suspended for now because CBN had already complied to the agreement 🀝
I went to GTbank last week Friday, i was asked to write ✍️ any amount i want, I taught they were joking, I requested for 500,000.00 thousand naira, to my greatest surprise' it was given to me πŸ€ΈπŸ’ƒπŸ‘
That cash is now readily available doesn't mean the weekly limit of N100K has been lifted, so how would they allow you make a withdrawal of N500K?

3 Likes

Re: NLC, TUC Shift Strike Notice By 2 Weeks by Judolisco(m): 6:03pm On Mar 28, 2023
helinues:
When it comes to strike in Nigeria, we can only take ASUU seriously

grin
d rest organisations r thieves
Re: NLC, TUC Shift Strike Notice By 2 Weeks by Evaloyal2J(f): 6:04pm On Mar 28, 2023
NLC? The union was long gone since the days of oshimole. Never heard of that for over a decade
Re: NLC, TUC Shift Strike Notice By 2 Weeks by adedayoa2(f): 6:06pm On Mar 28, 2023
Atarakpa:
No need for strike. In island here getting cash from ATM is easy as abc.
even here in Abuja, some ATM queues not even long, money is in circulation already.
Re: NLC, TUC Shift Strike Notice By 2 Weeks by Somebody2020: 6:06pm On Mar 28, 2023
Please Nairalanders,
I purchased a pair of shoes from Jumia on the 8th February but I had to cancelled the order the same day when I realized the situation of the country was getting bad. I got a message from them on the 9th confirming the money in my Jumia voucher then I emailed them to help transfer the funds to my bank account. I received an email asking for bank info which I forwarded to them. They asked me to wait for 5 working days for the money to be paid.
After the 5 working days elapsed and the money is not there I went to my bank and I was asked to contact Jumia. I contacted them immediately on livechat and lodge complaint. I was not satisfied with their response on live chat and that prompted me to send another email they acknowledged it and promised to escalated the issue to my bank and promised today being 28th March all issue would be resolved.
I also asked my bank to follow up with that and gave them transaction info Jumia provided.
I went to my bank today but no money.
I chatted with Jumia representative, they asked me to wait again.
This is frustrating... I need my money back.
Please Nairalanders how can I go about this to get my refund.
Thank you guys.
I’ll be waiting for your advices.

Yours,
Somebody
Re: NLC, TUC Shift Strike Notice By 2 Weeks by PythonPros: 6:08pm On Mar 28, 2023
No surprises there
Re: NLC, TUC Shift Strike Notice By 2 Weeks by SirLakes: 6:08pm On Mar 28, 2023
Toothless NLC n TUC

E no go better for una grin
Re: NLC, TUC Shift Strike Notice By 2 Weeks by easytig(m): 6:09pm On Mar 28, 2023
Awon werey ti gbowo,nlc don change mouth as dem don collect small change from emefiele.yeye people,nlc will only bark but to bite na lie
Re: NLC, TUC Shift Strike Notice By 2 Weeks by geoworldedu: 6:09pm On Mar 28, 2023
N3TRAL:
Apart from my political bias, I love and admire Mr. Emefiele's commitment to a cashless economy.

It will benefit Nigeria in the long run. Let's cooperate for the sake of our future.

A cashless society will check embezzlement and misappropriation of public funds. It will reduce terrorism financing drastically.

Focus should be on improving e-banking infrastructure and enlightening computer illiterates on the need to evolve.
A cashless policy in a corrupt Nigeria will not check embezzlement and misappropriation of public fund because before now, banks are asked to report any withdrawal more than 500k to cbn. Yet with that people still withdraw and make use of public funds for selfish interest without anyone getting arrested. As for kidnapping, it will not stop. Only that people kidnapped will be killed more if the kidnappers don't get as much money as they want.
Re: NLC, TUC Shift Strike Notice By 2 Weeks by otuomasirichi: 6:09pm On Mar 28, 2023
RenaissanceGuy:
That cash is now readily available doesn't mean the weekly limit of N100K has been lifted, so how would they allow you make a withdrawal of N500K?
not only me, many people got enough money that day. Someone got 600k, some 400k, I can't lie to you, this is what happened in my State and I'm a witness. As I'm speaking πŸ—£οΈ with you now, I have enough money with me πŸ’°πŸ€ΈπŸ’ƒ
Re: NLC, TUC Shift Strike Notice By 2 Weeks by ufotunang: 6:12pm On Mar 28, 2023
B
wunmi590:

I said it, strike ko striker ni...

NLC has expired since the day oshiomole left....

Brown envelope with lots of dollar has exchanged hand...
,.... money is now circulating almost every where.now....banks are giving out money now...many nigerians now have access to cash
Re: NLC, TUC Shift Strike Notice By 2 Weeks by otuomasirichi: 6:13pm On Mar 28, 2023
geoworldedu:
Sounds like lies.
I'm above lying. I got enough money now πŸ€ΈπŸ’ƒ
Re: NLC, TUC Shift Strike Notice By 2 Weeks by N3TRAL: 6:14pm On Mar 28, 2023
geoworldedu:

A cashless policy in a corrupt Nigeria will not check embezzlement and misappropriation of public fund because before now, banks are asked to report any withdrawal more than 500k to cbn. Yet with that people still withdraw and make use of public funds for selfish interest without anyone getting arrested. As for kidnapping, it will not stop. Only that people kidnapped will be killed more if the kidnappers don't get as much money as they want.

Kidnapping is the effect of a cause.

In the 90s and Early 2000s when e-banking infrastructure were not developed, what we had were highway robbers. It was why Bakassi boys were formed because traders were victims.

As people started travelling without cash, the crime evolved to kidnapping on highways. It was more like, "since they don't have cash with them, let's steal them so that their families and business partners bring cash to us".

When banks are short of cash, the crime of kidnapping will be less productive and gradually fade away.

Regarding misappropriation, with time it will be difficult to withdraw 200k over the counter.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NLC, TUC Shift Strike Notice By 2 Weeks by yarimo(m): 6:15pm On Mar 28, 2023
Emefiele is now humble oo , someone that was feeling to big to go and address national assembly, is the one visiting and begging a minister and NLC president
Re: NLC, TUC Shift Strike Notice By 2 Weeks by yusufmurry: 6:15pm On Mar 28, 2023
otuomasirichi:

That is not enough brush. There is little or no cash @ATM.

Again, NLC is citing scarcity of Fuel/hike in price and also "secret hike in electricity tariff "
Re: NLC, TUC Shift Strike Notice By 2 Weeks by ufotunang: 6:15pm On Mar 28, 2023
awoo10:
Anyone who thought that the strike would go as planned initially must be living in fools' paradise
...banks are now giving out money now.. at ATM machines people are withdrawing money... nigerians now have access to cash ..so no need to go on strike again when banks are giving out money .
Re: NLC, TUC Shift Strike Notice By 2 Weeks by otuomasirichi: 6:19pm On Mar 28, 2023
yusufmurry:

That is not enough brush. There is little or no cash @ATM.

Again, NLC is citing scarcity of Fuel/hike in price and also "secret hike in electricity tariff "
I agree with you on fuel scarcity and electricity hike, but when it comes to money πŸ’° we have it bountiful in my State. Just walk inside your bank and request for any amount of money πŸ’° you want ✍️
Re: NLC, TUC Shift Strike Notice By 2 Weeks by Jlow2: 6:19pm On Mar 28, 2023
N3TRAL:
Apart from my political bias, I love and admire Mr. Emefiele's commitment to a cashless economy.

It will benefit Nigeria in the long run. Let's cooperate for the sake of our future.

A cashless society will check embezzlement and misappropriation of public funds. It will reduce terrorism financing drastically.

Focus should be on improving e-banking infrastructure and enlightening computer illiterates on the need to evolve.
nobody is,against it but he should first make sure the infrastructures really in place at least 90% network data coverage, international network quality standard in local banks,etc ,not what we have experienced in the last 2months, you will transfer money and it takes 5days for receiver to get alert, and you want to go cashless? It can't work without right infrastructure in place
Re: NLC, TUC Shift Strike Notice By 2 Weeks by fabolouz1(m): 6:35pm On Mar 28, 2023
Partial compliance but ...
Re: NLC, TUC Shift Strike Notice By 2 Weeks by dappydozzy(m): 6:37pm On Mar 28, 2023
N3TRAL:

I concur my bro, i think the CBN as learnt
some lessons but i know the CBN will do the right thing to make a cashless economy work.
Re: NLC, TUC Shift Strike Notice By 2 Weeks by Nobody: 6:39pm On Mar 28, 2023
See the brown envelopes for their pockets.Yeye NLC
Re: NLC, TUC Shift Strike Notice By 2 Weeks by NothingDoMe: 6:48pm On Mar 28, 2023
N3TRAL:

Re: NLC, TUC Shift Strike Notice By 2 Weeks by thesicilian: 6:50pm On Mar 28, 2023
otuomasirichi:
That's why I love this Nairaland - we're all loaded! grin

1 Like

Re: NLC, TUC Shift Strike Notice By 2 Weeks by dododawa1: 6:54pm On Mar 28, 2023
USELESS NLC people.
Re: NLC, TUC Shift Strike Notice By 2 Weeks by Zealag(m): 6:55pm On Mar 28, 2023
I wrote it here that NLC will definitely postponed the strike before the date they announced it will commence,here we are.These country just face ur hustle and do it well.leave govt mata for those old fools.they will perish when their time comes
Re: NLC, TUC Shift Strike Notice By 2 Weeks by histemple: 7:00pm On Mar 28, 2023
N3TRAL:

I agree with you. The thinking is good but as a nation, we aren't ripe for a full blown cashless society. The infrastructure and technology are not in place yet.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Senate To Probe Killing Of IPOB Members / Nigerian Troops Kill 75 Boko Haram Militants At PHCN Facility In Borno / 2019: All Presidential Candidates Put Together Can’t Remove Buhari – Joe Igbokwe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.