Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,545 members, 7,808,998 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:51 PM

This Is Why Buhari Failed & Another Reason Tinubu May Fail Woefully - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / This Is Why Buhari Failed & Another Reason Tinubu May Fail Woefully (895 Views)

Jega: No Comparison, APC And Buhari Failed Nigerians not Us - PDP / How Buhari Failed To Settle Rift Between Oshiomhole And Obaseki / Why Buhari, Atiku May Fail — Fr. Mbaka (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

This Is Why Buhari Failed & Another Reason Tinubu May Fail Woefully by franchasofficia: 1:38pm On Mar 29, 2023
I am going to be brief and straight to the point.

Aside Buhari's nepotism and ineptitude which Bola Tinubu is also inheriting and even expanding on, the number one reason Buhari's regime failed economically and otherwise is because after Buhari won the 2015 Presidential election, he used the opportunity of appointing competent Nigerians who are proven technocrats with proven track records to be compensating old, criminal political jobbers that helped him to win the election.

In doing so, more than 70% of his cabinet members ended up becoming ex Governors who had nothing to offer aside the fact that they helped APC rig in their state for Buhari to win. You don't run a country like that and still expect progress.

No reasonable President runs his economy and cabinet with career politicians who are only in for the money they would loot to recoup their investment during the election campaigns.

If you must reward them, you can reward them with temporary contracts not permanent appointments into key positions that runs the nation, doing this will run the country down.

Imagine packing all the ministerial roles and handing it over to one man Fashola just because they helped you win without considering his capacity in the said ministries and the workload.

This was the beginning of Buhari's failure.

Let career politicians that helped you win the election remain at the background, they should be kept at the party politics and not imported into running the nation where there are competent experts who aren't career politicians.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: This Is Why Buhari Failed & Another Reason Tinubu May Fail Woefully by franchasofficia: 1:42pm On Mar 29, 2023
Bola Tinubu is on the same dangerous route of trying to reward his political jobbers with key positions.

Anybody that knows Tinubu should forewarn him now to desist from that before its too late.

Tinubu should look beyond partisan politics and tribe and search for competent Nigerians in and outside Nigeria with proven track records to help rescue and deliver Nigeria out of the mess Buhari and Tinubu's APC put Nigeria into.

This is what made Obasanjo and Goodluck Jonathan's regime to flourish economically despite their own shortcomings.

They brought in competent technocrats who aren't career politicians.

The likes of Akinwunmi Adesina, Chukwuma Soludo, Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, Amina Mohammed, Sanusi Lamido Sanusi, Oby Ezekwesili, Aruma Oteh, etc.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Is Why Buhari Failed & Another Reason Tinubu May Fail Woefully by franchasofficia: 1:48pm On Mar 29, 2023
Imagine Tinubu appointing these known terrorists, religious fanatics, irredeemable rascals, tribal bigots and kleptomaniacs like;

El Rufai
Umar Ganduje
Bayo Onanuga
Bagudu
Festus Keyamo
Femi Fani Kayode
Nuhu Ribadu
etc

into key positions, what can they offer Nigeria? These men ought to be retired to oblivion where they belong to. Bring in young, vibrant, competent and incorruptible young chaps from in and outside Nigeria and let these criminal career politicians go and enjoy their loots angry

2 Likes

Re: This Is Why Buhari Failed & Another Reason Tinubu May Fail Woefully by Pearlokeys: 1:57pm On Mar 29, 2023
He has said he aims to run a government of national competence. Like that you used the word, "may". That's conditional. So, we'll let time be the judge of your assumptions. One thing I do know is BAT would do better than his predecessors, sentiments aside.

5 Likes

Re: This Is Why Buhari Failed & Another Reason Tinubu May Fail Woefully by babyfaceafrica: 2:00pm On Mar 29, 2023
Let's wait and see

3 Likes

Re: This Is Why Buhari Failed & Another Reason Tinubu May Fail Woefully by franchasofficia: 2:02pm On Mar 29, 2023
Pearlokeys:
He has said he aims to run a government of national competence. Like that you used the word, "may". That's conditional. So, we'll let time be the judge of your assumptions. One thing I do know is BAT would do better than his predecessors, sentiments aside.
His words doesn't align with his actions so far.

Take a look at the people he has been appointing so far, and those speaking for him, do you see light in them?

What can FFK, Bayo Onanuga, Keyamo offer than to complicate Tinubu's issues with more dangerous lies and bigotry that will earn Tinubu more political enemies and critics?

What can a midget terrorist like El Rufai offer Nigeria aside sponsoring more terrorists to deal with his political enemies and Christian minorities in Kaduna?

Who is Bagudu?

Tinubu is already on the runway of failure if he doesn't turn back now!

Watch and see

2 Likes

Re: This Is Why Buhari Failed & Another Reason Tinubu May Fail Woefully by Pearlokeys: 2:05pm On Mar 29, 2023
franchasofficia:
His words doesn't align with his actions so far.

Take a look at the people he has been appointing so far, and those speaking for him, do you see light in them?

What can FFK, Bayo Onanuga, Keyamo offer than to complicate Tinubu's issues with more dangerous lies and bigotry that will earn Tinubu more political enemies and critics?

What can a midget terrorist like El Rufai offer Nigeria aside sponsoring more terrorists to deal with his political enemies and Christian minorities in Kaduna?

Who is Bagudu?

Tinubu is already on the runway of failure if he doesn't turn back now!

Watch and see

Like I said and will say again, let time be the judge of (y)our assumptions.

2 Likes

Re: This Is Why Buhari Failed & Another Reason Tinubu May Fail Woefully by franchasofficia: 2:12pm On Mar 29, 2023
Pearlokeys:

okay na but my people said from the smell of soup you can predict the taste grin
Re: This Is Why Buhari Failed & Another Reason Tinubu May Fail Woefully by Jessyjeff: 2:17pm On Mar 29, 2023
Such appointments like Buhari did is an example of how to kill an economy of a country. And he pretty much accomplished it in Nigeria.

That's why Obasanjo's economic policies were felt positively by everyone in Nigeria. He went out to get professionals like Soludo, Okonji-Iweala, etc into his cabinet. There was economic stability in Nigeria then; food and shelter were affordable.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Is Why Buhari Failed & Another Reason Tinubu May Fail Woefully by Nobody: 2:27pm On Mar 29, 2023
@OP.

Stop the hearsay and gossip. It is unmanly and best left to teenage girls.

Wait for the composition of Tinubu's ministerial team, because that is the koko of the matter, before you start bitching.

Forecasting Tinubu's 'failures, when nothing is visible yet, bears you out as an irredeemable hater.

If progressive, then wait to see his comprehensive team and pass judgement then.

1 Like

Re: This Is Why Buhari Failed & Another Reason Tinubu May Fail Woefully by Nobody: 2:38pm On Mar 29, 2023
Pearlokeys:

Absolutely. Peripheral, compensatory or politically expedient appointments, which no President can escape in our political system, are necessary and only those naive or unhelpfully idealists would argue otherwise.

I am more interested in those who will be doing the 'Donkey' work. Who will be health minister? Transport infrastructure is critical. Who can take us into the modern age to be a match for South Africa?

Who will head the power sector? Who will orchestrate Nigeria's attempted march into an age of gaining real value for her mineral assets etc, etc. Will can get the best out of our youths and, for example, create a new vocational skill system for those who cannot go to university rather than leave them to be condemned waste products and menace to society on our streets?

Who will be CBN governor to anchor Tinubu's dream.of a credit system and powerful naira capable of drastically reducing corruption and empowering our international trading sons and daughters?

Those are what shoukd matters to progressive minds. Tinubu can send Bagudu etal to China or America. Not my bizo. I want to see those who will be doing transformational work in very critical sectors.
Re: This Is Why Buhari Failed & Another Reason Tinubu May Fail Woefully by Nobody: 2:41pm On Mar 29, 2023
Jessyjeff:
Such appointments like Buhari did is an example of how to kill an economy of a country. And he pretty much accomplished it in Nigeria.

That's why Obasanjo's economic policies were felt positively by everyone in Nigeria. He went out to get professionals like Soludo, Okonji-Iweala, etc into his cabinet. There was economic stability in Nigeria then; food and shelter were affordable.

Obasanjo achieved nothing. If he did we would surely feel the impact with solutions provided to address critical and perennial problems.

You all love praising OBJ perhaps because he appointed some.Igbos but you forget, after 8 years of OBJ, our perennial power problems was even worse!!!

Health sector still moribund. Transport we ain't still close to South Africa or the North African nations.

Security still in the dark ages. Manufacturing sector revival zilch. Naira still a worthless currency because OBJ and his team never diversified out economy away from dependence on oil to create a socio-economic powerhouse firing on all cylinders.

I could go on all day because it seems most Nigerian don't understand what leaders should do I.e deliver solutions for the most severe and destructive problems. Something OBJ distinctly failed at and I no Tinubi never will.

Tinubu , a technocratic and thoroughly modern leader himself, will do a thousand times better than the insince OBJ who is a poster child of the moribund system we are trying to toss out so that we gain a meritocratic and free market decentralised democracy that OBJ never allowed.
Re: This Is Why Buhari Failed & Another Reason Tinubu May Fail Woefully by JAMO84: 2:41pm On Mar 29, 2023
So according to you, Buhari ruin the economy by appointing career politicians, So, Kemi Adeosun and Godwin Emefiele, the two people that run the economy were career politicians?

1 Like

Re: This Is Why Buhari Failed & Another Reason Tinubu May Fail Woefully by franchasofficia: 2:50pm On Mar 29, 2023
JAMO84:
So according to you, Buhari ruin the economy by appointing career politicians, So, Kemi Adeosun and Godwin Emefiele, the two people that run the economy were career politicians?
How many ex Governors served under Yaradua or Goodluck as Minister, and how many served under Buhari?

Kemi didn't have any proven track record before she was handed a portfolio bigger than her capacity.

Emefiele was never an exceptional entrepreneur to qualify as boss of Nigeria's Apex bank.

Can you compare Kemi with Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala or Oby Ezekwesili or Aruma Oteh or Amina Mohammed or Akinwunmi Adesina and co? Buhari messed his regime up by himself and Tinubu is on the same lane as we speak, wait and see
Re: This Is Why Buhari Failed & Another Reason Tinubu May Fail Woefully by JAMO84: 2:51pm On Mar 29, 2023
franchasofficia:
How many ex Governors served under Yaradua or Goodluck as Minister, and how many served under Buhari?

Kemi didn't have any proven track record before she was handed a portfolio bigger than her capacity.

Emefiele was never an exceptional entrepreneur to qualify as boss of Nigeria's Apex bank.

Can you compare Kemi with Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala or Oby Ezekwesili or Aruma Oteh or Amina Mohammed or Akinwunmi Adesina and co? Buhari messed his regime up by himself and Tinubu is on the same lane as we speak, wait and see
Ellu p

1 Like

Re: This Is Why Buhari Failed & Another Reason Tinubu May Fail Woefully by Pearlokeys: 2:54pm On Mar 29, 2023
franchasofficia:
okay na but my people said from the smell of soup you can predict the taste grin

Smell and taste of soup can both be subjective and relative.
Re: This Is Why Buhari Failed & Another Reason Tinubu May Fail Woefully by Nobody: 2:55pm On Mar 29, 2023
JAMO84:

He justs dislikes Tinubu and wants to hide behind semantics to predict BAT will fail. Bottom line is that any progressive-minded person will wait to see those in charge of critical sectors that can truly transform Nigeria.

Tinubu believes every State and region must first exhaustively utilise the god-given resources available to them to gain socio-economic success rather than the idiocy of all leaders running to Abuja with begging bowl.

This is what he did exemplarily with Lagos as someone who walks the walk and not just espouses rhetoric alone like 99.9% of Nigerian leaders.

We can all remember Tinubu, as Governor, never begged OBJ for anything. He could not anyway because he understand his own "last man standing" reality to know whatever success he will make has to come out of Lagos and not through the very hostile and anti-Tinubu FG of Obasanjo back then.

This is why so many are excited about the prospect of his Presidency. OP's negativity simply stems from innate bias nothing or no one can help him with.

2 Likes

Re: This Is Why Buhari Failed & Another Reason Tinubu May Fail Woefully by franchasofficia: 2:55pm On Mar 29, 2023
JAMO84:
Ellu p
75 shocked cheesy cheesy
Re: This Is Why Buhari Failed & Another Reason Tinubu May Fail Woefully by Femmyfamous4u(m): 2:55pm On Mar 29, 2023
franchasofficia:
I am going to be brief and straight to the point.

Aside Buhari's nepotism and ineptitude which Bola Tinubu is also inheriting and even expanding on, the number one reason Buhari's regime failed economically and otherwise is because after Buhari won the 2015 Presidential election, he used the opportunity of appointing competent Nigerians who are proven technocrats with proven track records to be compensating old, criminal political jobbers that helped him to win the election.

In doing so, more than 70% of his cabinet members ended up becoming ex Governors who had nothing to offer aside the fact that they helped APC rig in their state for Buhari to win. You don't run a country like that and still expect progress.

No reasonable President runs his economy and cabinet with career politicians who are only in for the money they would loot to recoup their investment during the election campaigns.

If you must reward them, you can reward them with temporary contracts not permanent appointments into key positions that runs the nation, doing this will run the country down.

Imagine packing all the ministerial roles and handing it over to one man Fashola just because they helped you win without considering his capacity in the said ministries and the workload.

This was the beginning of Buhari's failure.

Let career politicians that helped you win the election remain at the background, they should be kept at the party politics and not imported into running the nation where there are competent experts who aren't career politicians.

You should consider past records in your judgement. No one can fault Tinubu's cabinet as a governor, he'd do same.
Re: This Is Why Buhari Failed & Another Reason Tinubu May Fail Woefully by franchasofficia: 3:01pm On Mar 29, 2023
Femmyfamous4u:

You should consider past records in your judgement. No one can fault Tinubu's cabinet as a governor, he'd do same.
We are waiting to see.

I use to own a Bentley in the 1990s is different from I am driving a Golf 3 today, hope you know cheesy

A part of me want supreme court to uphold Tinubu's mandate for peace to reign in Lagos so that I can have enough time to do some divestment out of Lagos and plan family relocation and also to restrategize my business model in Nigeria. And lastly to see the magic Tinubu would perform according to his irredeemable bigot supporters covering their tribalism with "Tinubu built Lagos".

I hope you people will be truthful enough to admit when he fails like Pa Buhari shocked grin
Re: This Is Why Buhari Failed & Another Reason Tinubu May Fail Woefully by justified007: 3:07pm On Mar 29, 2023
franchasofficia:
Bola Tinubu is on the same dangerous route of trying to reward his political jobbers with key positions.

Anybody that knows Tinubu should forewarn him now to desist from that before its too late.

Tinubu should look beyond partisan politics and tribe and search for competent Nigerians in and outside Nigeria with proven track records to help rescue and deliver Nigeria out of the mess Buhari and Tinubu's APC put Nigeria into.

This is what made Obasanjo and Goodluck Jonathan's regime to flourish economically despite their own shortcomings.

They brought in competent technocrats who aren't career politicians.

The likes of Akinwunmi Adesina, Chukwuma Soludo, Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, Amina Mohammed, Sanusi Lamido Sanusi, Oby Ezekwesili, Aruma Oteh, etc.

You are already wailing even when the man is yet to make a single appointment ? Are you one of his minders or how did you get to know who and who he will appoint into his government ? The same Obasanjo you're hailing appointed 80% core politicians into his cabinet with only few technocrats
Re: This Is Why Buhari Failed & Another Reason Tinubu May Fail Woefully by Nobody: 3:07pm On Mar 29, 2023
Femmyfamous4u:

Precisely. When someone ignores proven and factual history to be leading with their own completely unsubstantiated opinion then you know they have preconceived bias or agenda.
Re: This Is Why Buhari Failed & Another Reason Tinubu May Fail Woefully by Pearlokeys: 3:10pm On Mar 29, 2023
OneTemplate:

Absolutely. Peripheral, compensatory or politically expedient appointments, which no President can escape in our political system, are necessary and only those naive or unhelpfully idealists would argue otherwise.

I am more interested in those who will be doing the 'Donkey' work. Who will be health minister? Transport infrastructure is critical. Who can take us into the modern age to be a match for South Africa?

Who will head the power sector? Who will orchestrate Nigeria's attempted march into an age of gaining real value for her mineral assets etc, etc. Will can get the best out of our youths and, for example, create a new vocational skill system for those who cannot go to university rather than leave them to be condemned waste products and menace to society on our streets?

Who will be CBN governor to anchor Tinubu's dream.of a credit system and powerful naira capable of drastically reducing corruption and empowering our international trading sons and daughters?

Those are what shoukd matters to progressive minds. Tinubu can send Bagudu etal to China or America. Not my bizo. I want to see those who will be doing transformational work in very critical sectors.
Spot on, bro.

My only reservation about the feasibility of the credit system is our attitude to credit (in the business sense) as a people. We're in a country where some can't even afford to pay back loans obtained from loan apps and other credit-offering facilities, refund airtime borrowed from mobile network providers, etc, all in a bid to 'cheat' or 'beat' the system.

I'm sure he'd have had that aspect figured out.

1 Like

Re: This Is Why Buhari Failed & Another Reason Tinubu May Fail Woefully by coolitempa(f): 3:19pm On Mar 29, 2023
franchasofficia:

Soup like Akpu. Give the man time and see his team before you condemn him.
Re: This Is Why Buhari Failed & Another Reason Tinubu May Fail Woefully by GeneralPula: 3:21pm On Mar 29, 2023
If tinubu failed like Peter obi as a Governor, your brothers won’t make Lagos their paradise..
Re: This Is Why Buhari Failed & Another Reason Tinubu May Fail Woefully by coolitempa(f): 3:22pm On Mar 29, 2023
franchasofficia:

Tinubu is not Buhari. Stop being hateful and stop your tribal ways.
Re: This Is Why Buhari Failed & Another Reason Tinubu May Fail Woefully by Nobody: 3:22pm On Mar 29, 2023
justified007:

You are already wailing even when the man is yet to make a single appointment ? Are you one of his minders or how did you get to know who and who he will appoint into his government ? The same Obasanjo you're hailing appointed 80% core politicians into his cabinet with only few technocrats

I am always accused of being arrogant when I tell Nigerians they do not know what leadership is and what it is meant to achieve.

OBJ was a huge failure in my opinion. In any nation, reformational and visionary leaders tackle the perennial and very destructive problems because they know doing so will automatically make everything else work like clockwork.

How long are we going to shout about what constant power can do to make Nigeria truly great? We see SME's , the lifeblood of most major economies in the world, relocating out of Nigeria daily yet nothing is done to try and address the power conundrum once and for all so that our SME sector can grow and thrive to the extent, as obtains elsewhere, it becomes the major employer of labour for our teeming population of jobless and restive youths.

How much do you need to drum it into the ears of Nigeria that countries that do not strongly export their own manufactured goods and services have no right to expect a strong currency or decent foreign exchange stock for personal and national use?

I could go on all day yet ask what ObJ did and they will mention GSM.

I am excited at the thought of Tinubu's presidency because I saw what he did, in opposition, regarding the most major problems of Lagos. His method bore fruit to the extent Lagos quickly went on to become the 5th biggest economy in Africa !!!

That is real and transformational leadership not crappy crumbs thrown at a people who are at the very bottom in the world and hence have no idea of what obtains elsewhere. Even a trip to Morocco, South Africa etal, our fellow African nations, will show how much we are still in the dark ages .

OBJ did nothing to touch on even one of our major problems that would have brought a bit of light into the darkness yet some will be waxing lyrical about him. Tragic TBH.

1 Like

Re: This Is Why Buhari Failed & Another Reason Tinubu May Fail Woefully by Nobody: 3:41pm On Mar 29, 2023
franchasofficia:
We are waiting to see.

I use to own a Bentley in the 1990s is different from I am driving a Golf 3 today, hope you know cheesy

A part of me want supreme court to uphold Tinubu's mandate for peace to reign in Lagos so that I can have enough time to do some divestment out of Lagos and plan family relocation and also to restrategize my business model in Nigeria. And lastly to see the magic Tinubu would perform according to his irredeemable bigot supporters covering their tribalism with "Tinubu built Lagos".

I hope you people will be truthful enough to admit when he fails like Pa Buhari
shocked grin

Tinubu wont fail. You are just an unobjective, bigoted and unprogressive hater. Leaders can only be judged on their history.

Tinubu made Lagos the 5th biggest economy in Africa by tackling gargantuan problems. He did not engage in 'window dressing' insincere leadership like Peter Obi etal.

What you fail to understand that it is not Lagos alone that should be in the top ten economies in Africa. Some Nigeria States have the potentials to be there if they had the right leadership.

Everything, inspected dispassionately and without burden of bias and preconceived notion, indicates Tinubu will succeed and only folks like you are saying otherwise.

Don't think we don't know why.

1 Like

Re: This Is Why Buhari Failed & Another Reason Tinubu May Fail Woefully by Karlifate: 4:46pm On Mar 29, 2023
You mentioned a host of others, yet failed to mention sound people like Wale Edun, Yemi Cardoso etc.

These are top people that'll ensure the progress of BAT administration.

(1) (Reply)

Operation Reclaim Mandate: Obidients May Resume Street Rallies / I Didn’t Know Anything About Education Sector When Buhari Appointed Me / June 12, Peter Obi Has Not Done Anything For Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.