Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,970 members, 7,806,812 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:37 AM

Next Anambra State Governor Must Be An Igala Man!! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Next Anambra State Governor Must Be An Igala Man!! (4582 Views)

Meet Nonye Soludo, The Next Anambra First Lady / Obiano Is An Igala Man From Ibaji LGA, Kogi State / Key Areas Lagos New Governor Must Look Into - AutoReportNG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Next Anambra State Governor Must Be An Igala Man!! by Kewtt: 4:18pm On Mar 29, 2023
Igala people occupy Nzam, Inoma, Owelle, Ukwala, Ala, Odomagwu, Udi, Igbokenyi, Igbedor, Onugwa and Odegbe in Anambra state but they have never been governor, deputy governor, commissioner or anything in Anambra’s political space.

It's time to correct the wrongs of the governmental composition of the Anambra State... The igala man and woman are bonafide indigenous people of Anambra State and deserve the chance to partake in governance in Anambra State.

The unhealthy and unethical marginalisation must stop 🛑

IGALA:THE PLIGHT OF IGALA PEOPLE IN ANAMBRA STATE BY VICTOR O EKELE.

lgala is an ethnic group In Nigeria with over ten million population as of now. The home of the Igala people is situated east of the river Niger and Benue confluence and astride the Niger.

The Igala people shares boundaries with the Igbo's(ibo) people at the south, Idoma at the east, Benis people at the west and Ebira people at the north.

The Igala people are found in Kogi state with 55 percent of kogi state population and also found in Anambra state, Enugu state, Edo state and Delta state.

The Igala people which are found in the Anambra west are mostly Mmiata Anam, Umuoba-Abegbu Anam, Umuenwelum Anam, Oroma-Etiti,Umueze Anam, Umudora Anam, Umuikwu Anam, Inoma-Akator, Nzam, Igbedor and Iyiora Anam all from the family of Ogbe the descendants of General Ajida, a notable warrior of Idah origin(Idah is traditional headquarters of Igala kingdom) Ajida is the father of field marshal Ogbe who was married to Iyida.

The family of ogbe and other Anambra west villages. Anam, Anako, and Akpanam people have recently neglected their real tribe Igala which was the language they were speaking originally as their mother tongue before the Nigeria civil war.

As a Igala tribe in an Igbo state, it is very difficult because Anambra state government has made it compulsory for all the school to speak igbo(ibo) language through out which sometime makes it difficult for Igala young ones to speak Igala.

Igala people in Anambra west are making a lot of mistakes now because some of them are giving Igbo's names to their children rather than Igala names. They know that they are Igala people but the Anambra west generations of youths does not really knows who there are rather they thinks they are igbo because most of them bears Igbo names.

The history of Nzam are traces back to descendants of General Ajida, a notable warrior of Idah origin who came to the town. Ajida is the father of field marshal Ogbe who was married to Iyida. He was the first settler of the present place Ogbe area of Anambra west.

In my interview with a man called chinedu Idoko an indigene of the land. I asked him about himself and his tribes and also his names.
This was his replies, "my names is chinedu Idoko, I am an Igala man, but I bears igbo names while my father names Idoko Atama an Igala names. I was given the names after the Nigeria civil war in in 1971."

Speaking further to chinedu:
Why are you people in this Generation doesn't want to give Igala names to your children again? "I don't know maybe it is because we are living in Anambra an Igbo state. But we still speak our Igala language as our mother tongue".

Most youths in Anambra who are bearing Igbo names and some times are not living in Anambra west will thinks that there are igbos not knowing there are Igala people.
Their land has lack development and government neglection. The only roads that links their town is not something we might talks about because it is not good.

They are the least undeveloped area in Anambra state lacking many facilities after my research.

Nzam people must know their origin and try to preserve their origins before it dies off.

An advice to Ogbe family of Anambra west. Stop given your children Igbo names and teach your children how to speak Igala.

Do you know that the king of Nzam originally was called Ide of Nzam. Which means the Guardian of Nzam people. Ide means Guardian in igala not igwe now they are calling them.
This article was written by Victor O Ekele in 2016 for united Igala Nation

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Next Anambra State Governor Must Be An Igala Man!! by Kewtt: 4:19pm On Mar 29, 2023
Equity is needed in Anambra State

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Next Anambra State Governor Must Be An Igala Man!! by LILTJAY: 4:20pm On Mar 29, 2023
i support this

say no to igala marginilization in anampant grin grin grin

41 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Next Anambra State Governor Must Be An Igala Man!! by Kewtt: 4:20pm On Mar 29, 2023
Johnfavor54:
Hfry
Don't be unfortunate
Re: Next Anambra State Governor Must Be An Igala Man!! by Kewtt: 4:21pm On Mar 29, 2023
LILTJAY:
i support this

say no to igala marginilization in anampant grin grin grin
True. The fact that the igala man may be a Muslim must not stop such democratic quest...

25 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Next Anambra State Governor Must Be An Igala Man!! by Kewtt: 4:25pm On Mar 29, 2023
Equity is non-negotiable

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Next Anambra State Governor Must Be An Igala Man!! by chichar1(f): 4:27pm On Mar 29, 2023
Bunch of useless entities.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Next Anambra State Governor Must Be An Igala Man!! by Kewtt: 4:32pm On Mar 29, 2023
chichar1:
Bunch of useless entities.
How can you call a whole tribe that makes up to 40% of Anambra State bunch of.... That's very unfair

21 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Next Anambra State Governor Must Be An Igala Man!! by Kewtt: 4:36pm On Mar 29, 2023
As a Igala tribe in an Igbo dominated state, it is very difficult because Anambra state government has made it compulsory for all the school to speak igbo(ibo) language through out which sometime makes it difficult for Igala young ones to speak Igala.

This MUST be addressed. This is actually an act of genocide

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Next Anambra State Governor Must Be An Igala Man!! by Aldol: 4:37pm On Mar 29, 2023
I support this. Equity should be maintained

16 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Next Anambra State Governor Must Be An Igala Man!! by Aldol: 4:38pm On Mar 29, 2023
Kewtt:
As a Igala tribe in an Igbo dominated state, it is very difficult because Anambra state government has made it compulsory for all the school to speak igbo(ibo) language through out which sometime makes it difficult for Igala young ones to speak Igala.

This MUST be addressed. This is actually an act of genocide
Serious genocide

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Next Anambra State Governor Must Be An Igala Man!! by Kewtt: 4:38pm On Mar 29, 2023
Aldol:
I support this. Equity should be maintained
Genocide is actually happening in Anambra State

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Next Anambra State Governor Must Be An Igala Man!! by Kewtt: 4:41pm On Mar 29, 2023
The Court's founding treaty, called the Rome Statute, grants the ICC jurisdiction over four main crimes.

First, the crime of genocide is characterised by the specific intent to destroy in whole or in part a national, ethnic, racial or religious group by killing its members or by other means: causing serious bodily or mental harm to members of the group; deliberately inflicting on the group conditions of life calculated to bring about its physical destruction in whole or in part; imposing measures intended to prevent births within the group; or forcibly transferring children of the group to another group.

Igala people need to rise up...

8 Likes

Re: Next Anambra State Governor Must Be An Igala Man!! by Aldol: 4:41pm On Mar 29, 2023
Kewtt:

Genocide is actually happening in Anambra State
But why are these people like this

6 Likes

Re: Next Anambra State Governor Must Be An Igala Man!! by AyakaDunukofia: 4:42pm On Mar 29, 2023
Kewtt:

Don't be unfortunate

Every three, four years, you'll come out here to spew trash. I know that there's official state news broadcast in Igala language in Anambra state. Despite that native Igala speakers are about 1.5% of Anambra population. This is a privilege native Igbo communities of Kogi don't enjoy. Nor native Igbo communities of Benue state numbering over three hundred villages.

Discuss your grievances with your kinsman Dr Chukwuemeka Omaremi of the Labour Party. Or equally your traditional ruler Igwe Alokwu. You can also discuss with Chief Emmanuel Aniwetalu of Nzam. I am sure they will be suprise with your baseless accusation. And your ever penchant to whip up useless emotions.

25 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Next Anambra State Governor Must Be An Igala Man!! by Kewtt: 4:42pm On Mar 29, 2023
Time for igala independence in Anambra State

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Next Anambra State Governor Must Be An Igala Man!! by Ojiofor: 4:42pm On Mar 29, 2023
Kewtt:
Igala people occupy Nzam, Inoma, Owelle, Ukwala, Ala, Odomagwu, Udi, Igbokenyi, Igbedor, Onugwa and Odegbe in Anambra state but they have never been governor, deputy governor, commissioner or anything in Anambra’s political space.

It's time to correct the wrongs of the governmental composition of the Anambra State... The igala man and woman are bonafide indigenous people of Anambra State and deserve the chance to partake in governance in Anambra State.

lgala is an ethnic group In Nigeria with over ten million population as of now. The home of the Igala people is situated east of the river Niger and Benue confluence and astride the Niger.

The Igala people shares boundaries with the Igbo's(ibo) people at the south, Idoma at the east, Benis people at the west and Ebira people at the north.

The Igala people are found in Kogi state with 55 percent of kogi state population and also found in Anambra state, Enugu state, Edo state and Delta state.

The Igala people which are found in the Anambra west are mostly Mmiata Anam, Umuoba-Abegbu Anam, Umuenwelum Anam, Oroma-Etiti,Umueze Anam, Umudora Anam, Umuikwu Anam, Inoma-Akator, Nzam, Igbedor and Iyiora Anam all from the family of Ogbe the descendants of General Ajida, a notable warrior of Idah origin(Idah is traditional headquarters of Igala kingdom) Ajida is the father of field marshal Ogbe who was married to Iyida.

The family of ogbe and other Anambra west villages. Anam, Anako, and Akpanam people have recently neglected their real tribe Igala which was the language they were speaking originally as their mother tongue before the Nigeria civil war.

As a Igala tribe in an Igbo state, it is very difficult because Anambra state government has made it compulsory for all the school to speak igbo(ibo) language through out which sometime makes it difficult for Igala young ones to speak Igala.

Igala people in Anambra west are making a lot of mistakes now because some of them are giving Igbo's names to their children rather than Igala names. They know that they are Igala people but the Anambra west generations of youths does not really knows who there are rather they thinks they are igbo because most of them bears Igbo names.

The history of Nzam are traces back to descendants of General Ajida, a notable warrior of Idah origin who came to the town. Ajida is the father of field marshal Ogbe who was married to Iyida. He was the first settler of the present place Ogbe area of Anambra west.

In my interview with a man called chinedu Idoko an indigene of the land. I asked him about himself and his tribes and also his names.
This was his replies, "my names is chinedu Idoko, I am an Igala man, but I bears igbo names while my father names Idoko Atama an Igala names. I was given the names after the Nigeria civil war in in 1971."

Why are you people in this Generation doesn't want to give Igala names to your children again? "I don't know maybe it is because we are living in Anambra an Igbo state. But we still speak our Igala language as our mother tongue".

Most youths in Anambra who are bearing Igbo names and some times are not living in Anambra west will thinks that there are igbos not knowing there are Igala people.
Their land has lack development and government neglection. The only roads that links their town is not something we might talks about because it is not good.

They are the least undeveloped area in Anambra state lacking many facilities after my research.

Nzam people must know their origin and try to preserve their origins before it dies off.

An advice to Ogbe family of Anambra west. Stop given your children Igbo names and teach your children how to speak Igala.

Do you know that the king of Nzam originally was called Ide of Nzam. Which means the Guardian of Nzam people. Ide means Guardian in igala not igwe now they are calling them.

Make sure you will buy form and sponsor his campaign next election.

4 Likes

Re: Next Anambra State Governor Must Be An Igala Man!! by Kewtt: 4:44pm On Mar 29, 2023
Ojiofor:

Make sure you will buy form and sponsor his campaign next election.

We will. The UN would be notified duly. Igala language must be taught in Anambra State schools by fire by force ...
I hate injustice in any form

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Next Anambra State Governor Must Be An Igala Man!! by dinachi(m): 4:46pm On Mar 29, 2023
Kewtt:

That will happen right after an Igbo man becomes the governor of Kogi State. Indigenous Igbos abound in many communities in Odolu, Igala Mela and other Local Governments in Kogi State. So their marginalization must come to an end.

20 Likes

Re: Next Anambra State Governor Must Be An Igala Man!! by Kewtt: 4:47pm On Mar 29, 2023
dinachi:

That will happen right after an Igbo man becomes the governor of Kogi State. Indigenous Igbos abound in many communities in Odolu, Igala Mela and other Local Governments in Kogi State. So their marginalization must come to an end.

That doesn't mean you should be committing genocide against igala man and woman in Anambra State

You cannot justify that in anyway. It's their ancestral land and home

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Next Anambra State Governor Must Be An Igala Man!! by dinachi(m): 5:06pm On Mar 29, 2023
Kewtt:

That doesn't mean you should be committing genocide against igala man and woman in Anambra State

Stop sounding uneducated. Where is the genocide against Igalas anywhere? A highly intolerant people. If not for God, Only Igala rule Kogi State. They ignore Kogi Central dominated by the Egbiras and Kogi West dominated by the Okun. But today, there is serious agitation for power to shift to Kogi West.

Very barbaric and backward people. I mean Igala people. Go to their region, juju and very outdated people everywhere!

Mention any notable Igala Man in the whole Nigeria. Ayingba is a very local place, LOKOJA is a little more than one street city. One flyover in the whole state. A very very backward people full of themselves.

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Next Anambra State Governor Must Be An Igala Man!! by SenatePresdo(m): 5:09pm On Mar 29, 2023
Kewtt:

We will. The UN would be notified duly. Igala language must be taught in Anambra State schools by fire by force ...
I hate injustice in any form

Yes ooh ,I support you.

Igala language must be taught in the whole Nigerian schools by fire by force grin

1 Like

Re: Next Anambra State Governor Must Be An Igala Man!! by SenatePresdo(m): 5:12pm On Mar 29, 2023
Kewtt:

Where are the proof of this Genocides, show pictures of dead Igalas killed by Obiano.

1 Like

Re: Next Anambra State Governor Must Be An Igala Man!! by SenatePresdo(m): 5:13pm On Mar 29, 2023
In the whole states in Nigeria, minorities find it difficult to produce a Governor, even in multicultural states, not to talk of homogenous states like Anambra.

1 Like

Re: Next Anambra State Governor Must Be An Igala Man!! by Kewtt: 5:14pm On Mar 29, 2023
dinachi:

Stop sounding uneducated. Where is the genocide against Igalas anywhere? A highly intolerant people. If not for God, Only Igala rule Kogi State. They ignore Kogi Central dominated by the Egbiras and Kogi West dominated by the Okun. But today, there is serious agitation for power to shift to Kogi West.

Very barbaric and backward people. I mean Igala people. Go to their region, juju and very outdated people everywhere!

Mention any notable Igala Man in the whole Nigeria. Ayingba is a very local place, LOKOJA is a little more than one street city. One flyover in the whole state. A very very backward people full of themselves.
Anambra State will soon feel the heat

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Next Anambra State Governor Must Be An Igala Man!! by SenatePresdo(m): 5:14pm On Mar 29, 2023
Kewtt:

Why don't you contest for the next Anambra Election, or ask your father to contest.

I will vote for you.
Re: Next Anambra State Governor Must Be An Igala Man!! by jimyjames(m): 5:15pm On Mar 29, 2023
Kewtt:

The next governor of ondo must be an ijaw man

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Next Anambra State Governor Must Be An Igala Man!! by Kewtt: 5:16pm On Mar 29, 2023
SenatePresdo:
In the whole states in Nigeria, minorities find it difficult to produce a Governor, even in multicultural states, not to talk of homogenous states like Anambra.
Anambra State is not homogeneous.

Igala is a major group there

We have the Oba of Awka

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Next Anambra State Governor Must Be An Igala Man!! by jimyjames(m): 5:16pm On Mar 29, 2023
Kewtt:
Equity is needed in ondo state

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Next Anambra State Governor Must Be An Igala Man!! by Quality20(m): 5:16pm On Mar 29, 2023
Igala or idoma

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

GEJ Wants Direct Access To Govt Funds Blocked To Curb Corruption / Gov. Ayo Fayose-going...going...(see PHOTOS) / The Truth About The Early 1900s Nigeria Vs India Match [PHOTO]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.