Stats: 3,150,486 members, 7,808,771 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:40 PM

Have You Ever Transferred Money To The Wrong Account? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Have You Ever Transferred Money To The Wrong Account? (19545 Views)

How To Handle Money Transferred To Wrong Account number Case (worth Sharing) / I Mistakenly Transferred Money To A Frozen Bank Account / What To Do When You Send Money To The Wrong Account (2) (3) (4)

Have You Ever Transferred Money To The Wrong Account? by Keziehenry(m): 6:43am On Mar 30, 2023
Please share your experience.

Re: Have You Ever Transferred Money To The Wrong Account? by Shedrack777: 6:46am On Mar 30, 2023
it is better to share yours first, then, others will do same

68 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Have You Ever Transferred Money To The Wrong Account? by JOHNFBOSCO(m): 7:10am On Mar 30, 2023
In my own case, it was a situation of transferring airtime to the wrong number. I wanted to buy airtime for myself 5k to be precise for sub, little did I know that I mistanly type 3 instead of 4 at the end of the number I field..

Omo that day ehn, e pain me die no be here, and the funny thing is that I wanted to use the sub to work..chai, the receiver go thank God now, say na blessing from above.

45 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Have You Ever Transferred Money To The Wrong Account? by Jesuschrist01: 7:25am On Mar 30, 2023
Yes, to my church acc. I was to transfer 5k, i transferred 50k.

My pastor refunded the money back when i called the church office. I then transfferred the 5k to the church account.

139 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Have You Ever Transferred Money To The Wrong Account? by Nemesis0147(m): 7:39am On Mar 30, 2023
Yes
Mine was airtime and the I got refunded without stress
The person was a lady…

83 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Have You Ever Transferred Money To The Wrong Account? by MasterJayJay: 7:40am On Mar 30, 2023
No. And it will never happen, I always crosscheck the amount and receipient name before proceeding

90 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Have You Ever Transferred Money To The Wrong Account? by Epositive(m): 7:53am On Mar 30, 2023
No, but I have recharged a wrong number #200 airtime, it was misplacement of number. I used USSD I let it go because it was a small amount. Recently, I mistakenly recharged my cousin #1000 because his number was the last on my Opay. I forgot to switch to mine. He paid me my money in full Sha. I worry am no be small. grin

67 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Have You Ever Transferred Money To The Wrong Account? by marlow1962(m): 7:59am On Mar 30, 2023
Are people really that dumb? That they can't verify the name of who you are transferring money to. That mistake is the dumbest mistake have ever seen or heard.

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Have You Ever Transferred Money To The Wrong Account? by advanceDNA: 8:07am On Mar 30, 2023
marlow1962:
Are people really that dumb? That they can't verify the name of who you are transferring money to. That mistake is the dumbest mistake have ever seen or heard.

Be calming down.....

156 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Have You Ever Transferred Money To The Wrong Account? by Keziehenry(m): 8:17am On Mar 30, 2023
Jesuschrist01:
Yes, to my church acc. I was to transfer 5k, i transferred 50k.

My pastor refunded the money back when i called the church office. I then transfferred the 5k to the church account.
Wow, but you could have let the 50k go na, maybe God was speaking to you.

Re: Have You Ever Transferred Money To The Wrong Account? by marlow1962(m): 8:38am On Mar 30, 2023
advanceDNA:

Be calming down.....
Am calming down.....

Re: Have You Ever Transferred Money To The Wrong Account? by 2ndchildhood(m): 9:18am On Mar 30, 2023
marlow1962:

Am calming down.....
Good., Now shut dah fvk up.

58 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Have You Ever Transferred Money To The Wrong Account? by MasterJayJay: 9:36am On Mar 30, 2023
Keziehenry:

Wow, but you could have let the 50k go na, maybe God was speaking to you.
God does not need our money.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Have You Ever Transferred Money To The Wrong Account? by Drsnives(m): 9:36am On Mar 30, 2023
I received 12k yesterday, it was sent from POS not that I was expecting any money

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Have You Ever Transferred Money To The Wrong Account? by Keziehenry(m): 9:43am On Mar 30, 2023
MasterJayJay:
God does not need our money.
But it is needed for His work

Re: Have You Ever Transferred Money To The Wrong Account? by MasterJayJay: 10:41am On Mar 30, 2023
Keziehenry:

But it is needed for His work
It's wickedness to collect one's monthly salary, when he has needs to be met under the pretence of God's work.

Giving is voluntary, without compulsion.
Someone admitted he only wanted to give 5,000 naira and you are saying the 50,000 naira might be from God's voice. Why didn't God tell you to give the 50k? Why must the 50k come out from another person's pocket? Why not your own pocket? This is how pulpit robbery start.

18 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Transferred Money To The Wrong Account? by accordadoga24(f): 2:32pm On Mar 30, 2023
I drink??
Re: Have You Ever Transferred Money To The Wrong Account? by inoki247: 2:33pm On Mar 30, 2023
Nope wrong account hardly exist bkuz most time when I du a single mistake with the Digit is always showing doesn't exist....

Re: Have You Ever Transferred Money To The Wrong Account? by Brendaniel: 2:34pm On Mar 30, 2023
In Nigeria account, yes in small amount,then in foreign account, yes in large amount, good news the foreign bank reversed theirs...

Re: Have You Ever Transferred Money To The Wrong Account? by beinstein(m): 2:34pm On Mar 30, 2023
I dey use toothpick count the digits and the benefiaciary's name 7 times before inputting my transfer pin.
So this one isn't for me.
As country hard so, how I want take reason am say I send my hard earned money to a wrong account?

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Have You Ever Transferred Money To The Wrong Account? by SMARTMOTORS(m): 2:34pm On Mar 30, 2023
4k to wrong bet ID

Re: Have You Ever Transferred Money To The Wrong Account? by GeneralPula: 2:35pm On Mar 30, 2023
No
Re: Have You Ever Transferred Money To The Wrong Account? by Emma1Oj(m): 2:35pm On Mar 30, 2023
No. But I have mistakenly transferred twice due to bad network thinking it has not gone. Thank God it was to a course mate.
8mins later, immediately I got double alerts, I checked my app and saw it. Kpa kpa kpa I called her. Aunty help me revert my 15k if you no want make I go Benin for you matter. She laughed hard, played prank with me and later revert it.

Since then any transfer if my brain is not connecting or settle I don't do it.

Re: Have You Ever Transferred Money To The Wrong Account? by DropsMic(m): 2:35pm On Mar 30, 2023
Nope
Re: Have You Ever Transferred Money To The Wrong Account? by Nobody: 2:35pm On Mar 30, 2023
Them don transfer me erroneous 25K before. I blow am take drink alcohol.. grin

Me wey them don dupe 5m for this life before? Na me wan come see free money for account come dey find the owner? Mtscheew! I go chop am like yam wey over-done with oily peppered beans.

Re: Have You Ever Transferred Money To The Wrong Account? by Nairalander248: 2:36pm On Mar 30, 2023
Yes!

So I went to one igbo Shop to buy Shoes years ago, 2 pairs cost 14k, the guy gave me his aza, I transferred the money, saw one igbo name, for my mind it's was his name ..

After 30 minutes money no enter account, we confirmed the account number, low and behold na wrong account...

5 years counting, Diamond bank no answer me...

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Transferred Money To The Wrong Account? by hashtagged(m): 2:36pm On Mar 30, 2023
SMARTMOTORS:
4k to wrong bet ID

Chai, and I be use 4k stake get 150k

Re: Have You Ever Transferred Money To The Wrong Account? by bankulizer: 2:36pm On Mar 30, 2023
Yes, it was First of January 2020. #12,000. The person would be so glad. I didn’t even bother.

Re: Have You Ever Transferred Money To The Wrong Account? by Billionaire2: 2:36pm On Mar 30, 2023
Deleted

Re: Have You Ever Transferred Money To The Wrong Account? by egoldman(m): 2:37pm On Mar 30, 2023
marlow1962:

Don't be so sure, even banks do such mistake.

Re: Have You Ever Transferred Money To The Wrong Account? by chelsea1116(m): 2:37pm On Mar 30, 2023
No and never received.

Sent 500k instead of 50k like 2 times.

One was to a friend who returned 450k and the other was my mom who didnt return it.
She returned blessings and prayers instead of 450k.

25 Likes 1 Share

N3.6 Billion Debt: AMCON Takes Over Bao Yao Firms In Abuja & Calabar / Woman, Two-yearold Son Detained Over Husband’s Debt (photo) / Dollar Debts: CBN Repays Banks Next Week, Naira May Rebound