Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,637 members, 7,801,842 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:36 AM

An Imperfect Democracy Is Better Than A Perfect Military Dictatorship - Omokri - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / An Imperfect Democracy Is Better Than A Perfect Military Dictatorship - Omokri (16935 Views)

N5.5bn SUVs: If Democracy Is Expensive, Try Dictatorship - Adedayo Adeyeye / Our Democracy Is Under Threat - Secondus / CJN Suspension: Our Democracy Is On Fire - House Of Reps Speaker, Dogara (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

An Imperfect Democracy Is Better Than A Perfect Military Dictatorship - Omokri by Peterobiisathie(f): 2:25pm On Mar 30, 2023

No matter the lapses in the #NigerianElections2023, an imperfect democracy is much better than a perfect military dictatorship. I condemn calls for a military intervention, and an interim government. We must win or challenge a win through democratic channels only.

#TableShaker
https://mobile.twitter.com/renoomokri/status/1641403723179077632

85 Likes 6 Shares

Re: An Imperfect Democracy Is Better Than A Perfect Military Dictatorship - Omokri by Peterobiisathie(f): 2:26pm On Mar 30, 2023
How I wish Pandoras can reason like human being

153 Likes 22 Shares

Re: An Imperfect Democracy Is Better Than A Perfect Military Dictatorship - Omokri by ganisucks(f): 2:26pm On Mar 30, 2023
Peterobiisathie:
https://mobile.twitter.com/renoomokri/status/1641403723179077632

This one, and his godfather, Jonathan, are just confused and frustrated.

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: An Imperfect Democracy Is Better Than A Perfect Military Dictatorship - Omokri by Amotolongbo(f): 2:26pm On Mar 30, 2023
These Gen Z pikins who were born and started knowing their left from right when Obasanjo started wearing “Agbada” to rule Nigeria won’t understand what a military dictatorship is.

A simple analogy for them to understand, can they just imagine rtd General Muhammad Buhari ruling Nigeria with no opposition at all and having the absolute power to ban social media, kill anyone without trial, install sole administrators in each state and be whipped by security men on the road for not obeying rules and order.

People who witnessed Buhari’s military regime can testify to this.

159 Likes 20 Shares

Re: An Imperfect Democracy Is Better Than A Perfect Military Dictatorship - Omokri by Massiveglory: 2:26pm On Mar 30, 2023
An unconstitutional democratic government is same as a military government or even worse.
At least a military government will govern by decree.
What will an unconstitutional democracy govern by?

What is bad is bad and must not be allowed.

The constitution of the federal republic of Nigeria is supreme. It is above any person, advice or thoughts.

I believe there is a temporary point we can get to as a nation. Then we do the needful to ensure the right leadership according to constitution takes over.

119 Likes 10 Shares

Re: An Imperfect Democracy Is Better Than A Perfect Military Dictatorship - Omokri by Ashez: 2:27pm On Mar 30, 2023
That's ur own opinion,
So because you prefer an imperfect democracy that sees an individual wield more power than he ought to, and also turns the civilians into spineless individuals, that can't talk or even defend themselves cos of fear of arrest from the so called imperfect democratically elected (if actually they were elected or rigged in per say) selfish politicians. I say No, I rather stick to a perfect military regime that openly takes power and makes good use of it and favour the populace, than forcing yourself on me as an elected democrat, what's even the difference that you rigged urself into power knowing fully well that the people didn't vote you, and the same military grabbing the power to rule
Are you not worse than the military?

53 Likes 3 Shares

Re: An Imperfect Democracy Is Better Than A Perfect Military Dictatorship - Omokri by MasterJayJay: 2:27pm On Mar 30, 2023
A fugitive on the run. If Buhari is not acting like a military dictator, you would have visited Nigeria several times.

Visit imperfect democracy of Buhari, let's see.

59 Likes 4 Shares

Re: An Imperfect Democracy Is Better Than A Perfect Military Dictatorship - Omokri by degamonn: 2:28pm On Mar 30, 2023
.That's what those who benefit from ill system always use in deceiving the masses.
If what we are practicing in Nigeria is what is referred to as democracy, then I prefer military regime.

35 Likes 5 Shares

Re: An Imperfect Democracy Is Better Than A Perfect Military Dictatorship - Omokri by MrColdsweat: 2:28pm On Mar 30, 2023
Does this man have nothing else to do with his life?

5 Likes

Re: An Imperfect Democracy Is Better Than A Perfect Military Dictatorship - Omokri by ganisucks(f): 2:28pm On Mar 30, 2023
Peterobiisathie:
Sorry, but the order is from the oga at the top.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: An Imperfect Democracy Is Better Than A Perfect Military Dictatorship - Omokri by Obalacam(m): 2:30pm On Mar 30, 2023
I prefer the military any day anytime compare to this shame we have as democracy

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: An Imperfect Democracy Is Better Than A Perfect Military Dictatorship - Omokri by Quest7777: 2:32pm On Mar 30, 2023
... &the best is a democracy where no mandate was stolen. cool

3 Likes

Re: An Imperfect Democracy Is Better Than A Perfect Military Dictatorship - Omokri by Ashez: 2:38pm On Mar 30, 2023
Massiveglory:
An unconstitutional civilian government is same as a military government.

The constitution of the federal republic of Nigeria is supreme to any person, advice or thoughts.

I believe there is a temporary point we can get to as a nation. Then we do the needful to ensure the right leadership according to constitution takes over.
My thoughts exactly, you steal a mandate that doesn't belong to you through democracy, and yet expect people to accept you, does it make sense at all Reno na the biggest fool of all times

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: An Imperfect Democracy Is Better Than A Perfect Military Dictatorship - Omokri by Phantom233: 2:43pm On Mar 30, 2023
Corruption and impunity as seen in Apc led govts. is without measure in Democracy, nepotism is very high, cultism, kidnapping and terrorism cannot survive in military regime for two years. So I support military against this extremely corrupt nigerian Democracy.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: An Imperfect Democracy Is Better Than A Perfect Military Dictatorship - Omokri by Bobloco: 2:44pm On Mar 30, 2023
But Nigeria is not practising Democracy

6 Likes

Re: An Imperfect Democracy Is Better Than A Perfect Military Dictatorship - Omokri by History555: 2:47pm On Mar 30, 2023
Wat is the difference between 24 years of democracy and 35 years of military rule

5 Likes

Re: An Imperfect Democracy Is Better Than A Perfect Military Dictatorship - Omokri by goodness4ever(m): 2:48pm On Mar 30, 2023
Omokri is right. Those of us who were old enough to witness military regimes would never wish the country should go back to that dark, draconian era.

21 Likes 5 Shares

Re: An Imperfect Democracy Is Better Than A Perfect Military Dictatorship - Omokri by Dpharisee: 3:11pm On Mar 30, 2023
Democracy without proper mandate is robbery

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: An Imperfect Democracy Is Better Than A Perfect Military Dictatorship - Omokri by PlayerMeji: 3:12pm On Mar 30, 2023
Tell them ooo

They will be singing battle songs... ordinary, Oluomo, they cannot navigate around him...talk more of a war

21 Likes 8 Shares

Re: An Imperfect Democracy Is Better Than A Perfect Military Dictatorship - Omokri by inoki247: 3:12pm On Mar 30, 2023
Lol leave doz jonz people I wish everybody that's calling for Interim Govt should be round up nd send dem all to Barracks for at least two month to go experience aw it looks like to be under military rule ..

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: An Imperfect Democracy Is Better Than A Perfect Military Dictatorship - Omokri by Reelmii: 3:12pm On Mar 30, 2023
Absolutely correct...na pikin wey never see war before dey think say na action film....

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: An Imperfect Democracy Is Better Than A Perfect Military Dictatorship - Omokri by NothingDoMe: 3:12pm On Mar 30, 2023
lol
Bobloco:
But Nigeria is not practising Democracy
That's the problem I think. Still the concerns about the military are valid.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: An Imperfect Democracy Is Better Than A Perfect Military Dictatorship - Omokri by Ojijiki: 3:12pm On Mar 30, 2023
Massiveglory:
An unconstitutional civilian government is same as a military government.

The constitution of the federal republic of Nigeria is supreme. It is above any person, advice or thoughts.

True bro

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: An Imperfect Democracy Is Better Than A Perfect Military Dictatorship - Omokri by Sacchi1162(m): 3:12pm On Mar 30, 2023
He has an opinion on everything... Can he just shut up once?

2 Likes

Re: An Imperfect Democracy Is Better Than A Perfect Military Dictatorship - Omokri by Ireportlive: 3:12pm On Mar 30, 2023
Some people are too brainless to wish for Dictatorship

305 Likes 5 Shares

Re: An Imperfect Democracy Is Better Than A Perfect Military Dictatorship - Omokri by Dpharisee: 3:13pm On Mar 30, 2023
Peterobiisathie:
Tinubu the Pandora

2 Likes

Re: An Imperfect Democracy Is Better Than A Perfect Military Dictatorship - Omokri by Bahamas95(m): 3:13pm On Mar 30, 2023
Bloody civilians!

No difference between military regime and the agberocracy Nigeria is practicing now......Those wearing agbada are even worse than khaki guys.

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Abia Eyes 36,000-Job Capacity Cement Factory In Ohafia / $2billion Arms Deal; "Dasuki Has Refused To Say What He Did With The Money" / Nigerians Protest In London Over The Increasing Rate Of Youth Killings. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.