Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,480 members, 7,801,211 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 12:31 PM

Armless Gombe Girl Writing With Toes Gets Varsity Admission - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Armless Gombe Girl Writing With Toes Gets Varsity Admission (35858 Views)

Benue State Uni Bans Mini-Skirts, Dreadlocks, Armless Shirts, Others / After PUNCH Report, ASUU Gives Armless Gombe Girl N1.6m Scholarship / Armless Ghanaian Maths Teacher Writing With Marker In Her Mouth (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Armless Gombe Girl Writing With Toes Gets Varsity Admission by adenigga(m): 2:35am On Apr 02, 2023
A 22-year-old girl, Maryam Umar, who was born without arms, has pleaded with public-spirited Nigerians, the government and non-governmental organisations to come to her aid to enable her to complete her registration into Gombe State University.

Umar writes and does house chores with her toes.

Based on the payment advice obtained by Sunday PUNCH, she recently obtained admission to study Economics at the varsity but has to pay N81,322.50 for school fees.

Pleading for assistance in an interview with journalists at the Correspondents’ Chapel, Umar said her parents did not have the resources to enable her to proceed in her academic pursuit, adding that she survived on alms from residents.

She said, “My parents reside at BCGA, Gombe. I rounded off secondary school in 2022. I scored 182 in the UTME and I already have four credits, including English and Mathematics, in NECO.

“But I don’t have money for registration to study Economics at the Gombe State University. My parents don’t have money and I’m appealing to public-spirited individuals to support me so that I don’t waste this opportunity.”

Umar disclosed that she was from a large family, adding that her father had eight children.

“I am the third child and the only one born without arms. I will also have eight children; I want to do business when I complete my education,” she stated.

She maintained that she had chosen to see ability in her disability, noting that she practically did everything for herself without being a liability to anyone.

Umar said, “I feel happy that I have seen ability in my disability and whatever anybody can do with hand I can do with the leg.”

Interested Nigerians may donate to Umar’s Union Bank account: 0015749904.
Source: https://punchng.com/Armless-Gombe-girl-writing-with-toes-gets-varsity-admission

37 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Armless Gombe Girl Writing With Toes Gets Varsity Admission by sulakishop(m): 3:14am On Apr 02, 2023
There is always ability in disability

89 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Armless Gombe Girl Writing With Toes Gets Varsity Admission by Mumusaphire: 4:25am On Apr 02, 2023
Congratulations

13 Likes

Re: Armless Gombe Girl Writing With Toes Gets Varsity Admission by orikoku: 5:25am On Apr 02, 2023
I celebrate you young lady.

44 Likes 1 Share

Re: Armless Gombe Girl Writing With Toes Gets Varsity Admission by smokinloud(m): 7:35am On Apr 02, 2023
God is awesome!.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Armless Gombe Girl Writing With Toes Gets Varsity Admission by Nuhskhut: 10:39am On Apr 02, 2023
She even deserves more.

23 Likes

Re: Armless Gombe Girl Writing With Toes Gets Varsity Admission by Fut9ure: 10:43am On Apr 02, 2023
Andrewblog:
God of mercy

Which God are you talking about

The one that allowed forty thousands people to die in Turkey earthquake
Hahah...one nairaland says turkey is too far
"turkey is too far. The flood that ravaged Nigeria last year nko? That killed countless number of human beings and destroyed farms and millions of properties, just because godly Nigerians reneged on building dam in adamawa as agreed in 1982 with Cameroon when Cameroon built theirs."

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Armless Gombe Girl Writing With Toes Gets Varsity Admission by Kingpele(m): 10:43am On Apr 02, 2023
God is great .GOD created human being in a unique way..we don't even know what we are capable of doing by God's grace upon his creation... Christians should not allow APC thieves to divide our unity of purpose to retrieve Peter stolen mandate .
They will come with more propaganda against Peter obi don't fail for it ..if they're not shameless to share a private phone conversation between two elite citizens of Nigeria then we need to brace up for more propaganda from this shameless propagandists ..

2 Likes

Re: Armless Gombe Girl Writing With Toes Gets Varsity Admission by booksbook: 10:44am On Apr 02, 2023
Acer laptop
Intel core i3 7th gen
8GB ram( you can upgrade to 16 GB)
1TB massive storage
6hrs+ long lasting battery
Keyboard light
Very neat

Price is 180k(negotiable) selling fast/first come first serve

Call or whatsapp 0-9-0-2-1-3-9-2-9-2-7 (for more pictures and videos)

Location is Lagos state

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Armless Gombe Girl Writing With Toes Gets Varsity Admission by IrepChrist: 10:44am On Apr 02, 2023
May God forgive the able-bodied that complains that God has not been good. You will never know what means to be physically challenged

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Armless Gombe Girl Writing With Toes Gets Varsity Admission by Offpoint1: 10:44am On Apr 02, 2023
The government should sponsor her education, these are some of the place our tax money should go to.

11 Likes

Re: Armless Gombe Girl Writing With Toes Gets Varsity Admission by Nobody: 10:45am On Apr 02, 2023
Smarter than all APC supporters combined

1 Like

Re: Armless Gombe Girl Writing With Toes Gets Varsity Admission by Kingpele(m): 10:45am On Apr 02, 2023
[quote author=Boardmembers234 post=122237252]God is good [yea all the time
Re: Armless Gombe Girl Writing With Toes Gets Varsity Admission by blowjohn(m): 10:45am On Apr 02, 2023
Prosthetic hands first pls.

4 Likes

Re: Armless Gombe Girl Writing With Toes Gets Varsity Admission by seanwilliam(m): 10:45am On Apr 02, 2023
She fit get better writing pass me self ..

1 Like

Re: Armless Gombe Girl Writing With Toes Gets Varsity Admission by spafu(m): 10:45am On Apr 02, 2023
Nice
Re: Armless Gombe Girl Writing With Toes Gets Varsity Admission by jogsman01(m): 10:47am On Apr 02, 2023
Someone above said he will commit suicide if found in that situation. Just thank God for life

6 Likes

Re: Armless Gombe Girl Writing With Toes Gets Varsity Admission by Emeskhalifa(m): 10:47am On Apr 02, 2023
So what's your reason for being depressed again?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Armless Gombe Girl Writing With Toes Gets Varsity Admission by Ndimkpurummiri(m): 10:47am On Apr 02, 2023
Organic love
Re: Armless Gombe Girl Writing With Toes Gets Varsity Admission by Pecopo(m): 10:48am On Apr 02, 2023
Wow congrats

1 Like

Re: Armless Gombe Girl Writing With Toes Gets Varsity Admission by GeneralPulal: 10:48am On Apr 02, 2023
sulakishop:
There is always ability in disability
True, but Not always. It doesn’t happen always. It’s once a while.

2 Likes

Re: Armless Gombe Girl Writing With Toes Gets Varsity Admission by haybhi1(m): 10:48am On Apr 02, 2023
Brave and courageous. Hope she gets all the help she needs and hope she get oriented against the 8 children she years for, unless she would encounter no financial issues raising them, which, of course, is very hard to conjure.

1 Like

Re: Armless Gombe Girl Writing With Toes Gets Varsity Admission by SMARTMOTORS(m): 10:49am On Apr 02, 2023
It's so appalling how the society has turned.....you have to be completely disabled in other to get help, poverty, hunger, unemployment, lack of basic amenities, insecurity are all part of disability, our leaders should fix these!

1 Like

Re: Armless Gombe Girl Writing With Toes Gets Varsity Admission by Mccullum: 10:52am On Apr 02, 2023
This is great, I think this young lady suppose to be placed on state government scholarship. I salute her courage.

1 Like

Re: Armless Gombe Girl Writing With Toes Gets Varsity Admission by Emmanuel30a: 10:57am On Apr 02, 2023
Fut9ure:

Which God are you talking about

The one that allowed forty thousands people to die in Turkey earthquake
Hahah...one nairaland says turkey is too far
"turkey is too far. The flood that ravaged Nigeria last year nko? That killed countless number of human beings and destroyed farms and millions of properties, just because godly Nigerians reneged on building dam in adamawa as agreed in 1982 with Cameroon when Cameroon built theirs."
Did you or have you join the list...?...
Re: Armless Gombe Girl Writing With Toes Gets Varsity Admission by christejames(m): 10:58am On Apr 02, 2023
I pray help locates her...

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Steps For Document Authentication In Ministry Of Education And Foreign Affairs / Project Supervisor Leaves His Students In Confusion As He Relocates Abroad / ASUU Strike, Deaths: UNICAL Loses Over 21 Lecturers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.