Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,894 members, 7,802,877 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:53 AM

Effects Of Cashless Policy On The Church - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Effects Of Cashless Policy On The Church (22387 Views)

BISHOP OYEDEPO: Is CAMA Policy Antichurch? / When And Why Did You Change The Church You Were Born Into? / SEE 10 Main Reasons Why The Church Should Not Abandon Politics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Effects Of Cashless Policy On The Church by Omooba77: 7:55am On Apr 02, 2023
During the Cashless policy and ban on the old notes.
Some of the things I observed happened to the Church;
- Attendance dropped because many people living far, couldn't make it to Church.
- Offering and contributions reduced due to failed transactions.
- Many people that get helps in form of welfare couldn't get much.
- During service, some people that managed to trek distance, usually dose or sleep during service because of tiredness.
- Anger and frustration can be seen on most faces.
In all things we are Survivors, we bless God we came out of this ill thought policy.

112 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Effects Of Cashless Policy On The Church by JASONjnr(m): 8:19am On Apr 02, 2023
Many churches got moniepoint POS for contributions....

Anyway, I can't remember the last time I went to church.

The fraudsters calling themselves pastors are irredeemably jobless and depend fully on Sunday offerings to pay their children school fees and feed for the week!

116 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Effects Of Cashless Policy On The Church by Omooba77: 8:43am On Apr 02, 2023
JASONjnr:
Many churches got moniepoint POS for contributions....

Anyway, I can't remember the last time I went to church.

The fraudsters calling themselves pastors are irredeemably jobless and depend fully on Sunday offerings to pay their children school fees and feed for the week!

Nobody has ever forced you. Church is a free entry and exit.......

96 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Effects Of Cashless Policy On The Church by JASONjnr(m): 8:47am On Apr 02, 2023
Omooba77:

No body can ever force me!

And church isn't a free entry and exit!

I've been stranded before on a travel and I located a church to sleep over the night, I was denied access!

Church is opened on days designed to extort money from gullible followers! And close when the time elapsed!

176 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Effects Of Cashless Policy On The Church by Aboguede(m): 9:13am On Apr 02, 2023
grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Effects Of Cashless Policy On The Church by booksbook: 9:13am On Apr 02, 2023
jesusjnr2020:
If You End Up In Hell Fire, Who Would You Blame?

Humans generally have the tendency to apportion blame to others for their own mistakes.

Instead of taking responsibility for them, they were quick to find someone else to blame.

Some are quick to even blame the devil when caught in the act, even though the devil cannot force them to do anything without their own consent.

This tendency, they seemed to have inherited from their foremost ancestors, Adam and Eve, who after eating the forbidden fruit which God commanded them not to eat were blaming someone else for their own error, with Adam blaming "the woman" while Eve "the woman" blamed "the serpent"... Genesis 3:12-13

So sadly it seems humans have not yet learnt from the errors of the first humans on earth, as they're still playing the blame game up til date, so they were bound to continue repeating the same mistakes they made instead of repenting from them, which however comes with serious eternal consequences, for "the wages of sin is death..." Romans 6:23

Hence the question, who would you blame if you end up in hell fire?

As for me, I would only have myself to blame because if after God has done everything thing He could to ensure I don't end up in hell fire but have eternal life, I still managed to end up there for whatever possible reason I could conjure, it could only be my own fault and no one else, because no one, not even the devil, could force me to reject life and choose death without my consent.

God bless.

I'll blame the same God that brought me to this world without my permission

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Effects Of Cashless Policy On The Church by Fut9ure: 9:13am On Apr 02, 2023
There should be a law requesting religious organisations to pay tax

Pastors are cashing out

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Effects Of Cashless Policy On The Church by NwaNimo1(m): 9:13am On Apr 02, 2023
Mugu must can't pay......

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Effects Of Cashless Policy On The Church by bigdammyj: 9:13am On Apr 02, 2023
Reading...
Re: Effects Of Cashless Policy On The Church by sevo(m): 9:14am On Apr 02, 2023
Watch how peter obi's name would be brought up In this conversation...

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Effects Of Cashless Policy On The Church by Trymeh: 9:14am On Apr 02, 2023
Omo
Re: Effects Of Cashless Policy On The Church by APCNig: 9:14am On Apr 02, 2023
Omooba77:
During the Cashless policy and ban on the old notes.
Some of the things I observed happened to the Church;
- Attendance dropped because many people living far, couldn't make it to Church.
- Offering and contributions reduced due to failed transactions.
- Many people that get helps in form of welfare couldn't get much.
- During service, some people that managed to trek distance, usually dose or sleep during service because of tiredness.
- Anger and frustration can be seen on most faces.
In all things we are Survivors, we bless God we came out of this ill thought policy.

I am sorry for you
Re: Effects Of Cashless Policy On The Church by EriMma1: 9:14am On Apr 02, 2023
It didn't really have a negative effect on my own church as most people resolved to online offering and there were no glitches in bank transfers that period as the few times I did, it always went through .

For me, it was fairly bearable as I didn't get to feel the cash crunch that much cos I always go to meet the church for cash while I do a transfer of the money to the church s account. So it really helped me a lot and reduced the number of times I bought cash from the POS operators who were exploiting people that period.

Thank God for the Church for coming through for it's members that period.

6 Likes

Re: Effects Of Cashless Policy On The Church by seanwilliam(m): 9:15am On Apr 02, 2023
Na small small church e go affect. But churches accept transfer cheesy
Re: Effects Of Cashless Policy On The Church by ShaqFu: 9:16am On Apr 02, 2023
Lmao
Re: Effects Of Cashless Policy On The Church by lokotamak(m): 9:16am On Apr 02, 2023
undecided
Re: Effects Of Cashless Policy On The Church by Femston: 9:16am On Apr 02, 2023
It reduced church physical cash and a sluggish increase for online transfers.
Thank God its normalizing now
Re: Effects Of Cashless Policy On The Church by Osiki18(f): 9:16am On Apr 02, 2023
Most churches now make use of POS and tell their members to transfer to the church account
Re: Effects Of Cashless Policy On The Church by Kimo21(m): 9:17am On Apr 02, 2023
JASONjnr:

I've been stranded before on a travel and I located a church to sleep over the night, I was denied access!

Church is opened on days designed to extort money from gullible followers! And close when the time elapsed!

Some churches can actually allow you sleep normally church is not a hotel or a place to pass the night...but you dont know the reason why that particular church didn't allow you then because of one church you get emotional for nothing?

Church is a free entry and exit meaning both saved and unsaved can go there..yes there are fake pastors and churches but dont becaus of one experience now talk like a little child.

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Effects Of Cashless Policy On The Church by millionboi2: 9:18am On Apr 02, 2023
Cashless or no cashless the church of God must moved on

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Effects Of Cashless Policy On The Church by Nairalander248: 9:20am On Apr 02, 2023
Hmmm
Re: Effects Of Cashless Policy On The Church by NairaLux(f): 9:21am On Apr 02, 2023
Omooba77:

No be lie bruh 📌
Re: Effects Of Cashless Policy On The Church by kals4luv990(m): 9:21am On Apr 02, 2023
JASONjnr:

so wat is your point now?

4 Likes

Re: Effects Of Cashless Policy On The Church by Jones4190(m): 9:21am On Apr 02, 2023
if you take away offering from the church, some churches will close forever

13 Likes

Re: Effects Of Cashless Policy On The Church by Pecopo(m): 9:22am On Apr 02, 2023
Turnover was small.

1 Like

Re: Effects Of Cashless Policy On The Church by JASONjnr(m): 9:23am On Apr 02, 2023
Kimo21:

Some churches can actually allow you sleep normally church is not a hotel or a place to pass the night...but you dont know the reason why that particular church didn't allow you then because of one church you get emotional for nothing?

Church is a free entry and exit meaning both saved and unsaved can go there..yes there are fake pastors and churches but dont becaus of one experience now talk like a little child.

You keep taking excuses for this churches why they keep using your brain.

I was stranded.... And there was no vehicle to take me to the town and the only hope I had was the church..... I was denied access to sleep. What if I got attacked and killed?

I have many experiences with the church! And I can conclude that there is no love in the church!

In Nigeria, churches are built to collect from the people!

You can foolishly quote me again since you're not making use of your brain. Afterall, today's Sunday and your pastor needs your brain to wash and rinse.... Tomorrow you need to go out and talk about your pastor instead of God!

35 Likes

Re: Effects Of Cashless Policy On The Church by Spirit247: 9:23am On Apr 02, 2023
angry Very unnecessary hardship caused to innocent Nigerians. Whoever manipulatively forced this heartless policy on our Country, Heaven shall deal with.

1 Like

Re: Effects Of Cashless Policy On The Church by Houseontherock1: 9:23am On Apr 02, 2023
It actually reduced attendance and offering. All in all, those without cash can attend nearby churches.
Re: Effects Of Cashless Policy On The Church by Karlifate: 9:24am On Apr 02, 2023
You can still pay your tithes & offerings by Transfer.

Even during COVID-19 lockdown, some still went ahead to create USSD to collect offerings, firstfruits etc. cheesy

How much more when there's no lockdown grin

3 Likes

Re: Effects Of Cashless Policy On The Church by Ralph117: 9:25am On Apr 02, 2023
Nothing can stop the church of Christ no human policy can’t stop the prosperity of the church

4 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Prophet Wale Olagunju: 'Atiku Will Defeat Buhari 2019, Osinbajo Has Failed God' / Gloria Bamiloye Celebrates Her 55th Birthday (Photos) / Bishop Oyedepo Establishes 848 Rural Churches In One Day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.