Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,646 members, 7,801,878 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:25 AM

Any Reduction In Ethnic Slurs On Nairaland? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Any Reduction In Ethnic Slurs On Nairaland? (2213 Views)

NANS Commends Tinubu For Approving Reduction In Transport Fare / A Total Ban On The Use Of Ethnic Slurs On Nairaland / Marketers Kick Against ₦5 Reduction In Petrol Pump Price (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Any Reduction In Ethnic Slurs On Nairaland? by ivolt: 6:11pm On Apr 05, 2023
No practical reduction.
Some hateful posters seems to be immuned from penalties while
others merely reconfigure their words by using different spellings
or use dog whistles to make ethnic attacks.

You either need more mods or an intelligent AI that can read between the lines.
Re: Any Reduction In Ethnic Slurs On Nairaland? by alfa666: 6:20pm On Apr 05, 2023
No matter how they try, I'll never love them backstabbers!

I love my skull where it is.
Re: Any Reduction In Ethnic Slurs On Nairaland? by N3TRAL: 6:23pm On Apr 05, 2023
Seun, I was given almost a week-long ban for using all caps. The moderator cited the rule I broke.

After your warning against slurs, I tried my best not to discriminate people with my words on this forum. I know I made the list of those to be banned πŸ˜‚. So I was suspended because of capital letters .

I learnt that such rule existed on Nairaland for the first time. My arguments were deleted because I flouted the rule against all block comments.

I didn't claim to be a victim even though my comment leaned towards a far right political ideology.

Seun, deep in your heart you know that Nairaland mods have banned more Tinubu supporters than those of any group.

However, the other group is notorious for picking an individual to hate collectively.

Mynd44 is their own collective enemy at the moment in this micro space.

In the macro space we have Buhari, Tinubu, El Rufai, Mc Oluomo, etc.

I stand for justice. If mynd44 is suspended because of the comments of those who consistently break Rule 20 by attacking a mod publicly, then we will boycott Nairaland for you.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Any Reduction In Ethnic Slurs On Nairaland? by david102(m): 6:55pm On Apr 05, 2023
[center]Yes[/center][color=#990000][/color]
Re: Any Reduction In Ethnic Slurs On Nairaland? by Softmirror: 7:00pm On Apr 05, 2023
Feintline:
Seun , caution myndd to behave .
His partiality is too loud to hear and clear to hear.
I am not against him having his preferred side but as a moderator here, he should be reasonable enough not to make it too glaring.
I can bet my life that he is a directly or indirectly paid agent of tinubu.

We tinubu has many people in different places on his payroll. But in order not to totally kill nairaland , you guys should do It with some decorum.

MYNDD IS DOING A WONDERFUL JOB. HE ONLY BANS PEOPLE WHO ARE CRIMANALLY MINDED.
Re: Any Reduction In Ethnic Slurs On Nairaland? by FlawlessKarl: 12:32pm On Apr 06, 2023
Seun you did well but what I have observed is that Mynd44 is targeting a set of groups. Caution that your moderator very well o.

2 Likes

Re: Any Reduction In Ethnic Slurs On Nairaland? by Beremx(f): 12:42pm On Apr 06, 2023
Pochettino:

Shut up.
We Nairaland ladies entertain ourselves with those ethnic banter. That's how we select our men.

Your forum is now boring because you banned all the monikers against Tinubu your minions are roaming around politics section insulting other tribes without consequence.
πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚.
Udonminit!!!
Re: Any Reduction In Ethnic Slurs On Nairaland? by maureensylvia(f): 2:36pm On Apr 08, 2023
Seun:
Hello,

Have you noticed any reduction in the use of ethnic slurs and other derogatory names in this section of the forum?

Regards,
Seun Osewa.
Previous Thread

Hi Seun
There are some noticeably improvements so far.
There's still room for more sanity

Best Regards
Maureen
Re: Any Reduction In Ethnic Slurs On Nairaland? by finallybusy: 3:28pm On Apr 08, 2023
Seun, was Ishilove sacked or not? I know you saw my thread.
Re: Any Reduction In Ethnic Slurs On Nairaland? by BiafranPatriot: 4:26pm On Apr 08, 2023
Just imagine you talking ...

@seun..this particular moniker..is an active participant in the Propaganda foolishness of APC

Softmirror:

MYNDD IS DOING A WONDERFUL JOB. HE ONLY BANS PEOPLE WHO ARE CRIMANALLY MINDED.
Re: Any Reduction In Ethnic Slurs On Nairaland? by husbandsnatcha(f): 4:27pm On Apr 08, 2023
Supremos:
Seun the only reduction we've seen so far is Labour party supporters and Igbos voice in Particular being suppressed by moderators so that we don't respond to attacks tagarted at us.

If we respond we're banned immediately while the other groups are left off the hook.

You must fine a way to remove Mynd44 as moderator of politics section.

He's a chronic bigot and bans people indiscriminately. I won't be surprised if he bans me or suppress my threads.

We need neutral minds on nairaland to kill tribalism and ethnic slurs here.

Suppressing one section and leaving the other isn't a way of curtailing ethnic slurs
don't u think who want to remove is whom u are talking with . ?

1 Like

Re: Any Reduction In Ethnic Slurs On Nairaland? by BiafranPatriot: 4:34pm On Apr 08, 2023
Mynd44 is a certified Tinubu supporter. That is his right, but something that is glaring, is his constant infraction on people and monikers that counter the useless narratives of APC brigades.

He extends lengthy bans to monikers that are anti-tinubu and APC and allows trolls and certified Propagandist to have a field day, opening useless threads based on falsehood to linger and continue their illicit and constant yapping.

Na so e be..

FlawlessKarl:
Seun you did well but what I have observed is that Mynd44 is targeting a set of groups. Caution that your moderator very well o.

2 Likes

Re: Any Reduction In Ethnic Slurs On Nairaland? by BiafranPatriot: 4:43pm On Apr 08, 2023
The very essence of listing monikers is irrelevant. It takes just 5mins and an email, a new moniker is BORN!!

The main thing is this...

Let any mod that bans a moniker be known. If
Mynd44 bans me..let me know it's him, and the reason for the ban. How can Mynd44 use 'frivolus' excuses to ban me, when the legion of APC trolls have a field day, insulting everyone and opening uselessly shallow topics, to push their wrapped Propaganda?

Nairaland, will need a moderator rejig to get things right. If everyone is talking about Mynd44...then deactivate his employment and look for capable and unbiased People to take charge of your platform. It's that simple

Na so e be .

Seun:
Please list the names of tribalists who are still using slurs on the forum.
Re: Any Reduction In Ethnic Slurs On Nairaland? by Supremos: 5:37pm On Apr 08, 2023
husbandsnatcha:
don't u think who want to remove is whom u are talking with . ?
I've made that assertion before now. Let him tell us if he's same person as Mynd44
Re: Any Reduction In Ethnic Slurs On Nairaland? by SisterAnn(f): 5:57pm On Apr 08, 2023
Seun:
Hello,

Have you noticed any reduction in the use of ethnic slurs and other derogatory names in this section of the forum?

Regards,
Seun Osewa.
Previous Thread
Yes and noticeably. Kudos.

But it's not yet uhuru. Some users are still above the law.
Re: Any Reduction In Ethnic Slurs On Nairaland? by BombAttack(f): 6:48pm On Apr 08, 2023
Seun:
Please list the names of tribalists who are still using slurs on the forum.

Seun look at this thread below, this is one of the monickers creating tribalistic threads to cause hate on the igbos race.

https://www.nairaland.com/7645710/letter-seun-osewa#122382653
Re: Any Reduction In Ethnic Slurs On Nairaland? by helinues: 6:50pm On Apr 08, 2023
BombAttack:

Seun look at this thread below, this is one of the monickers creating tribalistic threads to cause hate on the igbos race.

https://www.nairaland.com/7645710/letter-seun-osewa#122382653

Cry, wail, gnash teeth, na we dun care we dey
Re: Any Reduction In Ethnic Slurs On Nairaland? by Maazieze(m): 1:22pm On Apr 11, 2023
I think its gotten better, not sure what the others are complaining about
Re: Any Reduction In Ethnic Slurs On Nairaland? by FreeStuffsNG: 1:23pm On Apr 11, 2023
Seun:
Hello,

Regards,
Seun Osewa.
Previous Thread
Just lock the politics section for a day to experiment.
Re: Any Reduction In Ethnic Slurs On Nairaland? by slivertongue: 2:25pm On Apr 11, 2023
Seun:
Hello,

Regards,
Seun Osewa.
Previous Thread

Yeah, it has reduced a bit cos the elections are over
Re: Any Reduction In Ethnic Slurs On Nairaland? by Donjazet2: 2:26pm On Apr 12, 2023
Seun:
We have banned helinues once or twice; His behaviour seems to have improved but we will continue to watch him.

Seun I saw your tweet on Twitter complaining about "hatred obidients have for you". Surely you can't generalize all obidients as one. On the other hand, you can try to do more to curtail the propaganda of the APC group on frontpage and politics thread. The unusual number of likes on some pro-apc comments. The coordinated attacks by same group of people. Seunmssg, freestuff and the rest.

I commend your efforts in finally tackling the menace of tribalism on nairaland. But please do something about the propaganda of APC.

And please Seun, my main account donjazet was banned for 10 years. I don't even remember what for again. Please help me unban it.
Re: Any Reduction In Ethnic Slurs On Nairaland? by press9jatv: 3:19pm On Apr 12, 2023
It’s unfortunate that some mods are Tinubu diehard supporter and they don’t hide it at all. Seun kindly put out a poll for people to votes on the moderators that should be remove from banning people against their desire and wish on nairaland. It’s very important you do that. Infact Elon musk do put out poll on Twitter in order to know how he will improve on his platform more. Kindly do that thanks Seun
Re: Any Reduction In Ethnic Slurs On Nairaland? by blacksam01: 3:47pm On Apr 12, 2023
yes...very drastically reduced!

1 Like

Re: Any Reduction In Ethnic Slurs On Nairaland? by Christistruth03: 3:49pm On Apr 12, 2023
cheesy
Re: Any Reduction In Ethnic Slurs On Nairaland? by chatinent: 8:07pm On Apr 28, 2023
What exactly are tribal slurs?

Directly or indirectly?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Obi Remains Best Candidate For Nigeria, Says Obasanjo / APC And Yahaya Bello Unsmart As Rigging Formula Exposed / Tinubu Under Pressure As Chief Of Staff, Gbajabiamila Is Indicted In Corruption

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.