Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,372 members, 7,808,297 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:01 AM

I Want To Relocate To Uyo Without Job Assurance - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / I Want To Relocate To Uyo Without Job Assurance (21967 Views)

I Need Your Advice On Whether To Relocate To Canada Or Start Poultry Farm / With A Capital Of N2M: Should I Relocate To Europe Or Open A Pharmacy In Nigeria / Duran Hotels, Uyo Forcing Employees To Surrender Federal Survival Grant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Want To Relocate To Uyo Without Job Assurance by Nobody: 6:29am On Apr 06, 2023
Good morning, Nlder's. Pls, I need your advice. I created this account just now to hide my identity.

Without wasting time on this, I need your advice as I want to take a blind step because i don't know what else to do.

I graduated since 2018 and since then, I don't have a good job till now. Just surviving that's what I am doing.

Currently, I asked my mom to help me secure loan of 100k while I source for another 100k from friends and relatives and repay in 6 months time. I have planned with my wife to secure a room apartment with at least 60k for 1 year and use the balance to hold ourselves till we get something better doing. This is because I want to relocate to Uyo to hustle with my woman and our only daughter. I can't leave my woman aside and travel to Uyo alone. I want her to join me either in 2 weeks time or 3. She is a stylist and can work as Chef. She is also educated with O'level and I have been taken her through computer lesson's.

Now, I don't have any job assurance in Uyo but I have made some contacts. The 2 person's I contacted said once I relocate, I should let them know to help me get job. Also, I don't mind dropping my certificate just to do any job till I get my dream job. I am also working to get myself a driving license certificate and ID in case, I get a driving job in Uyo.

Pls, I want to know if it's wise to relocate to Uyo without any job at sight?

Also, my current state is one of the worst ever as firms here don't pay there staff good money. Like some pay Accountants here 25k/month to work from Monday to Saturday.

Your ideas will be great. My other areas of relocating is Enugu, Port Harcourt, or Anambra. Pls, help a brother.

18 Likes

Re: I Want To Relocate To Uyo Without Job Assurance by eastgates1: 6:32am On Apr 06, 2023
Why uyo? What is special about it?

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Relocate To Uyo Without Job Assurance by Nobody: 7:03am On Apr 06, 2023
eastgates1:
Why uyo? What is special about it?

I was in Uyo for 2 weeks and I love the environment and how busy it is. Also, when I check on Jiji, there are more job openings in Uyo than Enugu which was my initial plan.

What's your advice, pls?

19 Likes

Re: I Want To Relocate To Uyo Without Job Assurance by Nobody: 7:50am On Apr 06, 2023
I need your advice in this, fam. Pls, contribute.
Re: I Want To Relocate To Uyo Without Job Assurance by TheManPregnant: 9:24am On Apr 06, 2023
IRuinUrDay:

I was in Uyo for 2 weeks and I love the environment and how busy it is. Also, when I check on Jiji, there are more job openings in Uyo than Enugu which was my initial plan.

What's your advice, pls?

You check jiji? Are you for real?!

Better siddon for where you dey.

85 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Want To Relocate To Uyo Without Job Assurance by Nobody: 1:18pm On Apr 06, 2023
TheManPregnant:

You check jiji? Are you for real?!

Better siddon for where you dey.

This is not advice, Bro. I have been sitting at the same place since December 2018 till now without a good job. Just from hand to mouth and you're advising I continue sitting there?

I need suggestions from you guys not for me to continue grinding like hell without success in a place without luck or chance of success.

91 Likes 6 Shares

Re: I Want To Relocate To Uyo Without Job Assurance by TheManPregnant: 1:46pm On Apr 06, 2023
IRuinUrDay:

This is not advice, Bro. I have been sitting at the same place since December 2018 till now without a good job. Just from hand to mouth and you're advising I continue sitting there?

I need suggestions from you guys not for me to continue grinding like hell without success in a place without luck or chance of success.

No serious job seeker uses Jiji as a job search portal. It is filled to the brim with scammers. Going to Uyo na just set up.

You have been looking for job since 2018.

What kind of jobs have you been looking for?

What are your qualifications and how have you been applying?

Have you tried developing the necessary skills to get a job?

These and other questions need answers. I know Nigeria is not easily, but mehn you need proper orientation.

107 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Want To Relocate To Uyo Without Job Assurance by Nobody: 2:36pm On Apr 06, 2023
[quote author=TheManPregnant post=122333659]

No serious job seeker uses Jiji as a job search portal. It is filled to the brim with scammers. Going to Uyo na just set up.

You have been looking for job since 2018.

What kind of jobs have you been looking for?

What are your qualifications and how have you been applying?

Have you tried developing the necessary skills to get a job? ]

I have B.Sc in Accounting and I have worked with it in 3 places since 2017 before I obtained my degree. I have freelance skill like web design, graphics design, Amazon KDP publishing, blog maintenance, content creation, and all the rest. But it's a side hustle and clients are not much like that.

I have been going to interviews in my base and will be picked, but the problem is the pay. For instance, a big firm wanted me to run their two firms as a sole Accountant at a pay if 35k. Can you imagine that? If I can get a job of 50k at my base, I will be very happy.

I apply for job with Jiji, WhatsApp job groups, hotnigerieanjobs.com and many more and I do receive calls. For instance, I have about 6 job interviews to go from today till next week. But their locations are far like Benin, Lagos, Kaduna, Delta, and many also from Uyo. But when I spoke with the HRM in Uyo about accommodation, they said they need who is based in Uyo. So, I want to relocate and have chance to attend these interviews.

45 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Want To Relocate To Uyo Without Job Assurance by wahahlawahala: 4:21pm On Apr 06, 2023
Give it a try, don't loose hope

14 Likes

Re: I Want To Relocate To Uyo Without Job Assurance by TheManPregnant: 5:09pm On Apr 06, 2023
[quote author=IRuinUrDay post=122334640][/quote]

Hope it's not GNLD and MLM jobs you are referring to?! kiss

You need to start small and grow. This appears to be the challenge. You want big salary.

I started job hunting in 2018. I got paid N1,500 daily for my first gig. Now I am earning over 400k as take home after tax cheesy cheesy cheesy. Start small and grow. This Uyo thing no gell at all.

13 Likes

Re: I Want To Relocate To Uyo Without Job Assurance by Nobody: 7:13pm On Apr 06, 2023
wahahlawahala:
Give it a try, don't loose hope

Yes, Bro. I have made so many inquiries today and last last, I'm satisfied with the feedback from everyone. I believe I will achieve something useful when I leave this place.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Relocate To Uyo Without Job Assurance by wahahlawahala: 7:29pm On Apr 06, 2023
IRuinUrDay:

Yes, Bro. I have made so many inquiries today and last last, I'm satisfied with the feedback from everyone. I believe I will achieve something useful when I leave this place.
God bless u bro! Good luck man

9 Likes

Re: I Want To Relocate To Uyo Without Job Assurance by Kylexy21: 11:16pm On Apr 06, 2023
Which state are you currently ?
Re: I Want To Relocate To Uyo Without Job Assurance by Nobody: 6:06am On Apr 07, 2023
Kylexy21:

I'm in Abia State, Umuahia.

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Relocate To Uyo Without Job Assurance by Nobody: 6:37am On Apr 07, 2023
Kylexy21:

Pls, I can relocate to any part of the country for a job. Not just Uyo, why I needed Uyo is because it's closer to my home. I'm a very smart and hardworking guy. When you go through my CV, you will certainly calm me because of my experiences. I can also forward you my CV privately if you will assist me.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Relocate To Uyo Without Job Assurance by EastAlchemist: 8:29am On Apr 07, 2023
You are not smart and hardworking
You say that to make yourself feel good

Follow your heart sha

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Relocate To Uyo Without Job Assurance by Kvngfrosh(m): 11:40am On Apr 07, 2023
I don’t think you should take your wife along.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Relocate To Uyo Without Job Assurance by Nobody: 11:56am On Apr 07, 2023
Kvngfrosh:
I don’t think you should take your wife along.

I will look into this. Maybe, she will come over after a month or 2 after I have explored the area. But she's a hair stylist and very sociable. She can integrate with her environment easily.

4 Likes

Re: I Want To Relocate To Uyo Without Job Assurance by Delightsome2023: 11:22pm On Apr 09, 2023
IRuinUrDay:
Good morning, Nlder's. Pls, I need your advice. I created this account just now to hide my identity.

Without wasting time on this, I need your advice as I want to take a blind step because i don't know what else to do.

I graduated since 2018 and since then, I don't have a good job till now. Just surviving that's what I am doing.

Currently, I asked my mom to help me secure loan of 100k while I source for another 100k from friends and relatives and repay in 6 months time. I have planned with my wife to secure a room apartment with at least 60k for 1 year and use the balance to hold ourselves till we get something better doing. This is because I want to relocate to Uyo to hustle with my woman and our only daughter. I can't leave my woman aside and travel to Uyo alone. I want her to join me either in 2 weeks time or 3. She is a stylist and can work as Chef. She is also educated with O'level and I have been taken her through computer lesson's.

Now, I don't have any job assurance in Uyo but I have made some contacts. The 2 person's I contacted said once I relocate, I should let them know to help me get job. Also, I don't mind dropping my certificate just to do any job till I get my dream job. I am also working to get myself a driving license certificate and ID in case, I get a driving job in Uyo.

Pls, I want to know if it's wise to relocate to Uyo without any job at sight?

Also, my current state is one of the worst ever as firms here don't pay there staff good money. Like some pay Accountants here 25k/month to work from Monday to Saturday.

Your ideas will be great. My other areas of relocating is Enugu, Port Harcourt, or Anambra. Pls, help a brother.
where are you from?

1 Like

Re: I Want To Relocate To Uyo Without Job Assurance by meobizy(f): 1:55pm On Apr 10, 2023
Since you don’t believe a regular Nairaland account is required, I don’t believe you deserve a well-thought reply.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Relocate To Uyo Without Job Assurance by Darkandhandsom(m): 1:55pm On Apr 10, 2023
Nothing special about Uyo. Unless you want to start a bar or drink business. Those people Sabi drink alcohol and follow ashawo. Just start one.. No work in Uyo.
Before i forget, keke job is also thriving there..
Pick one

46 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Want To Relocate To Uyo Without Job Assurance by bigdammyj: 1:56pm On Apr 10, 2023
Safe journey.
Re: I Want To Relocate To Uyo Without Job Assurance by illuminutty: 1:56pm On Apr 10, 2023
Lol

1 Like

Re: I Want To Relocate To Uyo Without Job Assurance by TheBTCinvestor: 1:56pm On Apr 10, 2023
Uyo!! Agh! Olosho go finish ur money o grin...

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Relocate To Uyo Without Job Assurance by Lordsocrates: 1:57pm On Apr 10, 2023
Na this uyo wey we dong find work we no see wey u dey folo dey come... Lols.

Come and join us..
If Dem dey pay lawyers 25 and 30k for here, I wonder how bad d side wey you dey be, may u d come here.

Uyo is best for flexin, n Chopin of money already made... Or setting up ur own business

22 Likes

Re: I Want To Relocate To Uyo Without Job Assurance by clockwisereport: 1:57pm On Apr 10, 2023
How do you intend to pay your bills?
Re: I Want To Relocate To Uyo Without Job Assurance by tukdi: 1:57pm On Apr 10, 2023
grin
Re: I Want To Relocate To Uyo Without Job Assurance by chudez0147(m): 1:57pm On Apr 10, 2023
Nobody should mind the op . He wants to ruin your day

6 Likes

Re: I Want To Relocate To Uyo Without Job Assurance by ORIGENAL(m): 1:58pm On Apr 10, 2023
Safe journey, something must kill a man.
Good luck!
Re: I Want To Relocate To Uyo Without Job Assurance by madampresh(f): 1:58pm On Apr 10, 2023
Looking for a good paying Job is hard unless you have connections.

10 Likes

Re: I Want To Relocate To Uyo Without Job Assurance by AsomStructures: 1:58pm On Apr 10, 2023
All the best...
See our just concluded 3bedroom bungalow construction if you're about starting your building project.. Link in my signature

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Relocate To Uyo Without Job Assurance by nickae: 1:58pm On Apr 10, 2023
Chief, of all places, Uyo. Well...you can try your luck but there ain't many jobs here, except you want to do business. There are no private companies that offer employment, na okada, mini bus n keke plenty for here

23 Likes 4 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Four Ways To Get The Best Of Your Salary. / Unemployment Fear Grows As More Nigerians Lose Jobs / Confusion In Customs As Newly Retired Officers Stay Put

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.