Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,785 members, 7,802,440 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:29 PM

Gangs Of Lagos: Ratings And Review - TV/Movies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Gangs Of Lagos: Ratings And Review (27293 Views)

Blood Vessel: Ratings And Review / "Gangs Of Lagos" Banner Torn On Third Mainland Bridge (Picture) / Blood Sisters: Ratings And Review (Nigerian Movie On Netflix) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gangs Of Lagos: Ratings And Review by meedoLock(m): 2:21pm On Apr 10, 2023
Teeklef:
Pls I have a question . I believe this movie was produced this year and I learnt Eniola Badmus(busty) has slimmed down since,how come she still looked extra large? cheesy
NB: I have gotten the answer,the film was shot in 2021......thank you.

Thought I was the only one scratching head on this. I was even thinking whether there is another Eniola Badmus ni

1 Like

Re: Gangs Of Lagos: Ratings And Review by Magnoliaa(f): 2:24pm On Apr 10, 2023
folake4u:
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣This Mango sef.

But for real, I think it's high time Nigerians embrace this Cancel Culture. Don't you think? lipsrsealed

Well, it is a dicey subject to me, sha.

A very dicey subject with its pros and cons and gray areas.

But for now, as at now, without mincing words and dancing around, Toyin Abraham is someone that deserves legit canceling so long as she doesn't right her actions publicly, in my books.
Re: Gangs Of Lagos: Ratings And Review by Olatara(f): 2:24pm On Apr 10, 2023
olab059:

Exactly. What a bad portrayal of he eyo culture to the outside world.
Those days, people use Eyo festival to do evil stuff and get rid of their enemies.

Ask those Iya Eko, them go give you history taya, my stepmom sold clothes at Balogun market till her death last year. So we get lot of gists from her.

Eyo as a cultural festival is not bad at all.

1 Like

Re: Gangs Of Lagos: Ratings And Review by Nobody: 2:24pm On Apr 10, 2023
Juleeee:

After lionheart, I give up on movies, if they like hype it for one year I no dey watch.
I didn't see Lionheart when it was out and it pained me. I kept waiting and hoping i will see it someday. First Nigerian movie on Netflix, wasn't it?

The day I saw it, I wept for myself cry Is this what I had waited and hoped for? Hain!

3 Likes

Re: Gangs Of Lagos: Ratings And Review by Angelfrost(m): 2:25pm On Apr 10, 2023
folake4u:

Despite all the hype with Shanty Town, I didn't watch it.😂😂😂

Shanty town started quite well but lost their way after the first episode! The story/plot was just too thin to keep up!

They need to quit rushing their script writing! It always shows in the quality and outcome of their movies!

Movies like Black Panther and Lord of the rings, the writing can take as long as 10 years to complete... Even after, editing and improving can take further 6 months to 2 years before they begin filming!

Even casting can take them years too!

1 Like

Re: Gangs Of Lagos: Ratings And Review by Mubarakgano(m): 2:26pm On Apr 10, 2023
Haba nah, l can't waste my time reading this shit oo
Re: Gangs Of Lagos: Ratings And Review by Magnoliaa(f): 2:27pm On Apr 10, 2023
Persephone1:
I saw it after the hype was down, I was seeing a series so I completed that first before I reluctantly clicked on Shanty town. The movie was dragged, first four episodes seem like eternity of plot setting. At some point I almost stopped watching. LoL

Toyin was in the last episode, a little trailer for continuation. I guess there will be a part two. I enjoyed the martial arts though but that scene was terribly dragged. Sigh 😔 I don't want to refresh my memory of it. Make he just fade biko.

Sorry about your experience. 😂😂😂

LoL. A girl did that? For a movie? 😂😂😂😂

Swears o. E shock me.

And the funniest thing was that she wanted to appeal to people to watch.

Like, why would you insult people and then still expect them to show support in pushing the movie's ratings up?
Re: Gangs Of Lagos: Ratings And Review by folake4u(f): 2:27pm On Apr 10, 2023
Magnoliaa:

Well, it is a dicey subject to me, sha.

A very dicey subject with its pros and cons and gray areas.

But for now, as at now, without mincing words and dancing around, Toyin Abraham is someone that deserves legit canceling so long as she doesn't right her actions publicly, in my books.

Hmm. For the fact that you said it's a dicey subject, it has spiked my curiosity.

Let me know about the pros and cons either in your diary entry or the Pinkpill thread. I'd love to read your opinion on it. kiss

Lmao. As long as Nigerian youths live, Toyin Abraham is on the wrong side of history.

1 Like

Re: Gangs Of Lagos: Ratings And Review by Danniedpastor(m): 2:28pm On Apr 10, 2023
Please, what's the name of the albino guy in the movie?
Is he new in the industry?
Re: Gangs Of Lagos: Ratings And Review by Nobody: 2:28pm On Apr 10, 2023
folake4u:

Ah Perse. 🤣🤣🤣

After seeing "Chief Daddy" with its star studded cast, I learnt my lesson the bitter way.

I understand you dear. You go just weak for the movie plot.

Their action movies are wackyyyyy. They should just stick to their Lekki houses and Third Mainland movies scene instead.
Thank God I didn't see Chief Daddy , my big sis saved me 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 . I think that's one movie it's review gained popularity. It was widely trashed. cheesy cheesy

Honestly I love those their lekki and third mainland movies best. I saw "a simple lie" yesterday and I love it. Very simple movie with lots of laughs 😂 🤣 😂 🤣 😂

4 Likes

Re: Gangs Of Lagos: Ratings And Review by folake4u(f): 2:31pm On Apr 10, 2023
Angelfrost:

Shanty town started quite well but lost their way after the first episode! The story/plot was just too thin to keep up!

They need to quit rushing their script writing! It always shows in the quality and outcome of their movies!

Movies like Black Panther and Lord of the rings, the writing can take as long as 10 years to complete... Even after, editing and improving can take further 6 months to 2 years before they begin filming!

Even casting can take them years too!

I see.

But asides them rushing their script writing, they also need to hire qualified script writers. For real.

Yes, that is true about Hollywood movies. Even though they take up to 10years to complete their movie, it doesn't mean the movie will be a huge success though. It could either be a huge flop or success. lipsrsealed
Re: Gangs Of Lagos: Ratings And Review by Magnoliaa(f): 2:31pm On Apr 10, 2023
folake4u:
Apt!!!!!!! Too many ingredients itself spoil the meal and instead of the food to become savoury, it gives a slappy taste. lipsrsealed

As for the counter-productivity? I think they should stop hiring cheap creative writers but it's Nollywood, they do not want to pay money for quality script writers and that's why they keep churning out stupid movies.

God will help them.

If you said this on Twitter, I can already picture hoe they'll be dragging you for being against "our own" or call you an hater. grin

As for the cancel culture topic, I'll see.

I may write something on it in my diary.

1 Like

Re: Gangs Of Lagos: Ratings And Review by blowjohn(m): 2:33pm On Apr 10, 2023
Even sabinus script writing better pass this on3.

Take out his funny roles. Sabinus is a master in facial expressions of any kind. Same for his entire crew. All talented.
Re: Gangs Of Lagos: Ratings And Review by Magnoliaa(f): 2:36pm On Apr 10, 2023
ednut1:
Fighting scenes are not Nigerian like we use guns and knife here.

See.

I HATE the way they portray those their fight scenes.

Ughhh.

Lai shey Chris Hemsworth abi Jamie Foxx.

Why are will they be fighting like that?

I have not seen the movie to know how the fight is like, but I can easily guess that it'll be like that nonsense they did in Merry Men.

1 Like

Re: Gangs Of Lagos: Ratings And Review by folake4u(f): 2:36pm On Apr 10, 2023
Persephone1:
Thank God I didn't see Chief Daddy , my big sis saved me 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 . I think that's one movie it's review gained popularity. It was widely trashed. cheesy cheesy

Honestly I love those their lekki and third mainland movies best. I saw "a simple lie" yesterday and I love it. Very simple movie with lots of laughs 😂 🤣 😂 🤣 😂

See ehn. I was pained oh cos one of my friends hyped the movie that time and we all went to watch it at the cinema. That day sef ehn, cinema full and tickets were sold out quickly.

After the movie ended, I was so angry and told her never to pick movie for us to watch again. I can never forget that day. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Na God just save you that day. Wallahi. 😆😆

You see!! I miss the days of those Iroko TV and Ibaka TV. The movies were enjoyable and plot nice as well.

1 Like

Re: Gangs Of Lagos: Ratings And Review by Angelfrost(m): 2:36pm On Apr 10, 2023
folake4u:

I see.

But asides them rushing their script writing, they also need to hire qualified script writers. For real.

Yes, that is true about Hollywood movies. Even though they take up to 10years to complete their movie, it doesn't mean the movie will be a huge success though. It could either be a huge flop or success. lipsrsealed

This is true... That's life, but most of the time it pays off big for them.

Nigerians just never take the time to do proper preparations. Everything is always a rush for us.

Look at the other terrible part of Nollywood! The one we call "Asaba Movies"! Where you have actors filming up to 4 movies in a week! Like WTF!!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gangs Of Lagos: Ratings And Review by Sweetvie: 2:37pm On Apr 10, 2023
With the comments here
Lemme not even bother myself grin
Re: Gangs Of Lagos: Ratings And Review by Magnoliaa(f): 2:38pm On Apr 10, 2023
Angelfrost:
Nigerians just never take the time to do proper preparations. Everything is always a rush for us.

Although, the kind of story being told too will determine the length of filming.

Something taking only a short time doesn't have to be rushed, and that's okay.
Re: Gangs Of Lagos: Ratings And Review by Angelfrost(m): 2:40pm On Apr 10, 2023
Magnoliaa:

Although, the kind of story being told too will determine the length of filming.

Something taking only a short time doesn't have to be rushed, and that's okay.

I agree totally!

But, 4 movies in a week?!! Come now!

My high school play of back in day of just 20 minutes took at least a month to fully prepare for! grin
Re: Gangs Of Lagos: Ratings And Review by folake4u(f): 2:40pm On Apr 10, 2023
Angelfrost:

This is true... That's life, but most of the time it pays off big for them.

Look at the other terrible part of Nollywood! The one we call "Asaba Movies"! Where you have actors filming up to 4 movies in a week! Like WTF!!!

Yes. It usually pays off for them in the long run.

One interesting way I rate their movies is by going to the Wikipedia page and check how much money they invested in the movie and also see if their profits matched their investments. I also check how well the movies faired in the Box Office in Asia, America and Europe.

EVERYTHING is rush for us. It is very annoying. They want to maximize quick profits at the expense of quality.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣you say?? 4 movies in a week? Are you serious right now? That's interesting.

1 Like

Re: Gangs Of Lagos: Ratings And Review by Angelfrost(m): 2:42pm On Apr 10, 2023
folake4u:

Yes. It usually pays off for them in the long run.

One interesting way I rate their movies is by going to the Wikipedia page and check how much money they invested in the movie and also see if their profits matched their investments. I also check how well the movies faired in the Box Office in Asia, America and Europe.

EVERYTHING is rush for us. It is very annoying. They want to maximize quick profits at the expense of quality.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣you say?? 4 movies in a week? Are you serious right now? That's interesting.

I kid you not!

One camera and a few clothes, and they are good to go.

I hear some are even shot with camera phones.
Re: Gangs Of Lagos: Ratings And Review by folake4u(f): 2:43pm On Apr 10, 2023
Magnoliaa:

God will help them.

If you said this on Twitter, I can already picture hoe they'll be dragging you for being against "our own" or call you an hater. grin

As for the cancel culture topic, I'll see.

I may write something on it in my diary.

Amin!

Lmaooo. Nor be today them dey drag me for Twitter streets. I always maintain my I said what I said stance. 😂😂😂😂

Nigerians are funny to be honest. They'd tag you a hater when you tell them the truth without any iota of emotions.

Thank you baby girl. kiss

1 Like

Re: Gangs Of Lagos: Ratings And Review by Magnoliaa(f): 2:45pm On Apr 10, 2023
Angelfrost:
Sigh... This is what I'm talking about.

So many movie professionals that I know really slammed the flick.

Where do we keep getting it wrong?!!

Wedding Party, Omo Ghetto, Elevator Baby, October 1, etc, were able to pull it off... They did by keeping things original and simple in the Naija way!

When you try to go overboard, you better have the strong story, directing and stunt organization to pull it off!

Even all these Indian action movies don't seem to also get it!

It's not just about copying and pasting! Give the movie roles serious life! Haba!!

Maybe I will just pass after all! SMH!

I am just reading this well. grin grin

I been think say you classed EB as being amongst the nonsense movies.

And see, you're spot on with the analysis.

I don't know maybe it's because people have been telling them to emulate Hollywood, that is why there are literally going to bring other cultures and realities to replace our own here.

When we say "copy Hollywood", we are not saying in terms of stories.

I don't even need anything deep or fantastical, just give me something simplistically Naija.

While the old Nollywood had some fairly reasonable stories but lack a great cinematography, these new ones now have that, but lack stories.

Original stories.
Re: Gangs Of Lagos: Ratings And Review by folake4u(f): 2:46pm On Apr 10, 2023
Angelfrost:

I kid you not!

Wow. That's crazy oh.

Those movies would be nonsense as usual.

Lmao with camera phones?? 😂😂😂 And e nor go be better phone oh. The quality go be like say them pour oil for the phone camera lens.
Re: Gangs Of Lagos: Ratings And Review by Magnoliaa(f): 2:46pm On Apr 10, 2023
Angelfrost:
I kid you not!

Angel Frost, ma pa mi nau. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Damn, this is crazy.
Re: Gangs Of Lagos: Ratings And Review by folake4u(f): 2:48pm On Apr 10, 2023
Magnoliaa:

Angel Frost, ma pa mi nau. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Damn, this is crazy.

The thing weak me too. I was howling. 😆😆

1 Like

Re: Gangs Of Lagos: Ratings And Review by Magnoliaa(f): 2:48pm On Apr 10, 2023
Angelfrost:
I agree totally!

But, 4 movies in a week?!! Come now!

My high school play of back in day of just 20 minutes took at least a month to fully prepare for! grin

😅😅😅

Asabawood dey carry us go where we nor know.

(And even their Yorubawood counterpart are trashy trash too o, lol).
Re: Gangs Of Lagos: Ratings And Review by YoshihideSuga: 2:52pm On Apr 10, 2023
Safarigirl still dey this forum? shocked
Re: Gangs Of Lagos: Ratings And Review by Epistasis(m): 2:52pm On Apr 10, 2023
I enjoyed every bit of that movie, the best I have seen this year.
8.5/10
Re: Gangs Of Lagos: Ratings And Review by Angelfrost(m): 2:54pm On Apr 10, 2023
Magnoliaa:

I am just reading this well. grin grin

I been think say you classed EB as being amongst the nonsense movies.

And see, you're spot on with the analysis.

I don't know maybe it's because people have been telling them to emulate Hollywood, that is why there are literally going to bring other cultures and realities to replace our own here.

When we say "copy Hollywood", we are not saying in terms of stories.

I don't even need anything deep or fantastical, just give me something simplistically Naija.

While the old Nollywood had some fairly reasonable stories but lack a great cinematography, these new ones now have that, but lack stories.

Original stories.

You see that part in bold, that's all!!!

Improve the filming process (Cinematography) but quit fvcking around with the originality of our Naija stories!

How can this be too hard to understand?!! Shiorrr!

3 Likes

Re: Gangs Of Lagos: Ratings And Review by MeaslesMumpsRub: 2:54pm On Apr 10, 2023
Nice movie, Na Pana death pain me pass.
Small Pana

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

BBNaija: Ceec Wins Innoson Car / Download [suicide Squad] Full Movie HD!! / Ugandan Bride Attacked By "Ghosts" On Her Wedding Day Is A Movie (picture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.