Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,368 members, 7,800,740 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 05:08 AM

UK Stops Recruiting Healthcare Workers From Nigeria, 53 Others (Full List) - Health (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / UK Stops Recruiting Healthcare Workers From Nigeria, 53 Others (Full List) (58277 Views)

UK Bans Healthcare Workers From Bringing Families / Court Restrains Enugu Health Workers From Embarking On Strike Action / 195 New COVID-19 Cases, 5 Deaths, & 53 Discharged On May 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK Stops Recruiting Healthcare Workers From Nigeria, 53 Others (Full List) by Masterito(m): 1:31pm On Apr 10, 2023
How you guys blame your professionals and not the government baffles me.
Wodu89:

Stay home and develop your country is the message. Honestly the health care sector in Nigeria needs serious work
Re: UK Stops Recruiting Healthcare Workers From Nigeria, 53 Others (Full List) by hammerT: 1:33pm On Apr 10, 2023
Thegamingorca:

Don't mind the fools.
We will still be here when UK employs more Nigerians next month and you will see them wailing

HOW? WHEN ALL THEIR AGENCY WILL VET AND FILTER OUT NIGERIANS WITH A.I. TECHNOLOGY.

U THINK UK NEED NIGERIANS?

U ARE WRONG, IT IS NIGERIAN DOCTORS THAT NEED UK.

AS IT STANDS, THEY ARE BLOCKED.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: UK Stops Recruiting Healthcare Workers From Nigeria, 53 Others (Full List) by Masterito(m): 1:33pm On Apr 10, 2023
Lol, it has everything to do with APC. When APC politicians meet with UK ambassadors, what do you think they discuss?
nairalanda1:

I hate to inform you, but it has nothing to do with APC, and everything to do with the fact that the UK feels uncomfortable about poaching Nigerian and other developing countries doctors.

Also, why should you be happy if our doctors are going abroad? It puts strain on those left behind.

PLus, even if they voted Peter Obi, (and speaking as a medico, most of my colleagues voted for Obi)...would it stop doctors leaving for foregin shores.Were they not leaving before Buhari came along self?
Re: UK Stops Recruiting Healthcare Workers From Nigeria, 53 Others (Full List) by Iamzik: 1:33pm On Apr 10, 2023
casualobserver:
The British are the masters of double speak, corruption and loopholes. They also know most Nigerians do not understand English even though they supposedly speak it, which is why many countries require our students to pass English proficiency tests and also as exemplified in many prominent cases that have hit the headlines that are rooted in a failure of English comprehension. Examples being 1) a failure to understand the meaning “minimum qualifications” resulting in many politicians having their elections overturned for forging documents they never needed in the 1st place because they had legitimate higher qualifications or a whole former Vice President seeking to disqualify a candidate based on a school certificate he does not need , 2) failure to understand the meaning of “convicted” and “under sentence” hence a presidential candidate is seeking to disqualify his opponent based on arguments that are non-starters.

Anyway I digress, When the English speak, you have to pay attention to what they say and the words they use. “Will not actively seek” is not the same as “will no longer seek”. or “will no longer employ”. All it means is they will no longer come looking for Nigerian doctors. There is nothing in that statement that says they are not seeking or will no longer employ Nigerian doctors. The key word being “ actively” and it does not imply they will not “passively” seek. Long and short it does not mean they will no longer seek Nigerian doctors.

You have to understand the English man and the English language. In my native language Yoruba the words liar and thief have no ambiguity, it is “iro” and “ole”. A dishonest man is a liar and a thief is a thief but in English, you have words like embezzlement, corruption, looting, swindling etc that disguise what is ultimately stealing. Be wary of the English language, what you think you are hearing is not often what is being said especially from those whose language it is or truly understand the language and addresses to those who have a simplistic rudimentary, incomplete or naive comprehension of the language.

In your mind now you understand English comprehension better than everybody here. Smh
Re: UK Stops Recruiting Healthcare Workers From Nigeria, 53 Others (Full List) by Newnas(m): 1:34pm On Apr 10, 2023
scholarsfunding:
To Doctors that voted APC.. You go dey this country for the next 16 years
What of the ones that didn't?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: UK Stops Recruiting Healthcare Workers From Nigeria, 53 Others (Full List) by GorillaApp(m): 1:34pm On Apr 10, 2023
Gajagojo:
The headline of this thread is wrong.
Shame that people cannot understand simple English
Can you help break it down pls. It's confusing
Re: UK Stops Recruiting Healthcare Workers From Nigeria, 53 Others (Full List) by toyosiolamide(m): 1:35pm On Apr 10, 2023
emperorlaqrin:

Nigeria as been in the Red list before now and yet Uk employers are still recruiting people.

What the red list only means is that Uk cannot advertise jobs in the Red list countries but prospective employees can make a research on a recruiting company and if they deem you fit, they all sponsor you.
Please tell them.No be today..they can still employ from the countries but can go to these countries and actively recruit.

1 Like

Re: UK Stops Recruiting Healthcare Workers From Nigeria, 53 Others (Full List) by Thegamingorca(m): 1:35pm On Apr 10, 2023
ivolt:

I guess you only read the headline.
The headline is fake.
UK stopped "active" advertisement of health positions.
It didn't stop recruiting.
Any interested personnel can still apply to individual institutions.

They stopped since 2021 Sef when only 46 countries were listed. No be 2023 we dey now? grin
Re: UK Stops Recruiting Healthcare Workers From Nigeria, 53 Others (Full List) by lilyheaven: 1:35pm On Apr 10, 2023
African leaders , see what you have reduced your citizens to, object of mockery
kings59:
Almost all African countries

Haha
Re: UK Stops Recruiting Healthcare Workers From Nigeria, 53 Others (Full List) by madampresh(f): 1:35pm On Apr 10, 2023
This is not good at all, why is this bad omen following Nigerians? For crying out loud why are our own things negatively different?
Re: UK Stops Recruiting Healthcare Workers From Nigeria, 53 Others (Full List) by Angelfrost(m): 1:36pm On Apr 10, 2023
November1857:
UK and others should equally stop the treatment of our corrupts politicians , including the Drug lord, who is currently on medical tourism abroad..

Those English fools will never do such!

These nations like Canada, US, UK, etc, are only good at eye service!

They enjoy the poor leadership and corruption killing Africa! They simply love it!

It makes more money and provides cheap exploitable human capital for their own needs!

A developed and progressive Nigeria or Africa is a taboo to Western nations!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: UK Stops Recruiting Healthcare Workers From Nigeria, 53 Others (Full List) by Tookool(m): 1:36pm On Apr 10, 2023
They should have just said the whole of Africa
Re: UK Stops Recruiting Healthcare Workers From Nigeria, 53 Others (Full List) by Bigchristo: 1:37pm On Apr 10, 2023
scholarsfunding:
To Doctors that voted APC.. You go dey this country for the next 16 years
They think say dem wise whereas dem mumu, when we speak of the effects of bad governance some will highly recommend their incompetent people to hold office based on tribalism but in a long run the suffering and bad government don’t know tribe or religion we all suffer the consequences together 😂😂
Re: UK Stops Recruiting Healthcare Workers From Nigeria, 53 Others (Full List) by hammerT: 1:37pm On Apr 10, 2023
madampresh:
This is not good at all, why is this bad omen following Nigerians? For crying out loud why are our own things negatively different?

THE BASTARDS IN YOUR GOVERNMENT ARE THE ROOT CAUSE.

THEY ARE CLUELESS AND ENVIOUS OF CITIZEN PROGRESS.

THEY WANT A NATION OF SLAVES.
Re: UK Stops Recruiting Healthcare Workers From Nigeria, 53 Others (Full List) by Wodu89: 1:37pm On Apr 10, 2023
Masterito:
How you guys blame your professionals and not the government baffles me.

Improve on your reading and comprehension skills.

I said the message is to develop your country. I never directed it to professionals. If I'm one, I won't practice here. You people should learn to read before you respond abeg
Re: UK Stops Recruiting Healthcare Workers From Nigeria, 53 Others (Full List) by GorillaApp(m): 1:38pm On Apr 10, 2023
amerengues:

Many persons are not informed. They never stopped recruitment from Nigeria. This red list has been on since 2019. It doesn't affect you. It affects recruitment through agency.
Are you for real? I get people wey dey on this health care route o.
Hope this no affect them
Re: UK Stops Recruiting Healthcare Workers From Nigeria, 53 Others (Full List) by Gajagojo: 1:38pm On Apr 10, 2023
GorillaApp:

Can you help break it down pls. It's confusing
The key word is actively
The opposite is passively
If I say will no longer actively do something I can still do it passively
So a woman can fu ck actively or lie passively like a dead body she is still fuucked

Nigerian youth will understand that one
If a man marries an olosho and she says
"I will no longer do olosho actively"......
Re: UK Stops Recruiting Healthcare Workers From Nigeria, 53 Others (Full List) by Wodu89: 1:38pm On Apr 10, 2023
Angelfrost:

They should stay home and do what exactly?!!

They should buy x-ray equipment for their hospitals?!!
Provide uninterrupted power supply?!!
They should provide security?!!
They should create the enabling environment for medical research?!!

They should also pay themselves the acceptable and commensurate salaries or wages?!!

You think doctors and nurses just wake up and decide to leave Nigeria in numbers because they are bored or enjoy being called second class citizens in colonial and opportunistic nations like England?!!

Are the doctors to fix this nation or those embezzling money meant for social services?!

While people are taking INEC to the sword for messing up an electoral process, some of you are busy hailing them...!

Now, you want decent people whose voices can't be heard in national growth to stay back with bigoted never-do-wells and build a nation! How can that work?!!

Work on your comprehension skills

I said the message is to develop your country. I never directed it to professionals. If I'm one, I won't practice here. You people should learn to read before you respond abeg
Re: UK Stops Recruiting Healthcare Workers From Nigeria, 53 Others (Full List) by Emeskhalifa(m): 1:39pm On Apr 10, 2023
That's good news.

They should stay home and build their country.

You enjoyed subsidised tuition fee here then run abroad to work, where is the patriotism? Abi how much the country wey una dey run go dey charge medical students for school?
Re: UK Stops Recruiting Healthcare Workers From Nigeria, 53 Others (Full List) by hammerT: 1:39pm On Apr 10, 2023
A FRIEND OF MINE, VISITED KANO AND COULD NOT BELIEVE HIS EYE.

HE WAS ASKING IF THAT IS THE SAME KANO THAT PRODUCE DANGOTE.

HE SAID THE POVERTY WAS EXTREME AND WIDESPREAD.

I TOLD HIM THAT IS EXACTLY, HOW THEIR LEADERS LIKE AND WANT IT.
Re: UK Stops Recruiting Healthcare Workers From Nigeria, 53 Others (Full List) by ArewaNorth: 1:39pm On Apr 10, 2023
aswani:
Interesting that India is not on the list, the PM has Indian ancestry. Very interesting.
India doesn't fall in the category of countries with greater concern captured in the statement of the UK while Nigeria and others are experiencing serious drain of health personnels.

1 Like

Re: UK Stops Recruiting Healthcare Workers From Nigeria, 53 Others (Full List) by zed7: 1:40pm On Apr 10, 2023
One reason I ain't leaving my country is because these countries can just change policy overnight and send you to the trenches.

For those who have nothing even in naija, then by all means take your chances.
Re: UK Stops Recruiting Healthcare Workers From Nigeria, 53 Others (Full List) by ogelekpomgam(m): 1:40pm On Apr 10, 2023
emperorlaqrin:

Nigeria as been in the Red list before now and yet Uk employers are still recruiting people.

What the red list only means is that Uk cannot advertise jobs in the Red list countries but prospective employees can make a research on a recruiting company and if they deem you fit, they all sponsor you.
Thank God ooo.. cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: UK Stops Recruiting Healthcare Workers From Nigeria, 53 Others (Full List) by Angelfrost(m): 1:40pm On Apr 10, 2023
LivingSage:
God bless them.

You can't be trained in Nigeria almost free of charge (because u paid chicken fee as tuition fee compared to Europe) without paying back to the Country, but using that knowledge to benefit European countries.

Please, what has Nigeria done to the healthcare sector to make it so vibrant and enterprising that these medics won't even think of leaving?!!

Even if you compel them to stay and practice for 5 years, it still won't keep them from taking off soon after. The 5 years won't improve the healthcare sector if proper investment is not done.

Think! Think!! Think!!!
Re: UK Stops Recruiting Healthcare Workers From Nigeria, 53 Others (Full List) by Angelfrost(m): 1:42pm On Apr 10, 2023
Wodu89:

Work on your comprehension skills

Maybe you should take your own advice sir. This was what you submitted below!

Wodu89:

Stay home and develop your country is the message. Honestly the health care sector in Nigeria needs serious work
Re: UK Stops Recruiting Healthcare Workers From Nigeria, 53 Others (Full List) by Nduzeal4life: 1:42pm On Apr 10, 2023
They should as a matter of fact start deporting those that they have employed so that they can come and taste Nigeria with others, some of us can't can't be outside Nigeria promoting ethnic bigotry
Re: UK Stops Recruiting Healthcare Workers From Nigeria, 53 Others (Full List) by BlackMan6969(m): 1:42pm On Apr 10, 2023
November1857:
UK and others should equally stop the treatment of our corrupts politicians , including the Drug lord, who is currently on medical tourism abroad..
I totally agree with you no this.
Re: UK Stops Recruiting Healthcare Workers From Nigeria, 53 Others (Full List) by sunbreaker: 1:42pm On Apr 10, 2023
mystery22:
But Nigeria has been on the red list for a while now
do you read at all? Blind man
Re: UK Stops Recruiting Healthcare Workers From Nigeria, 53 Others (Full List) by hammerT: 1:44pm On Apr 10, 2023
Angelfrost:

Please, what has Nigeria done to the healthcare sector to make it so vibrant and enterprising that these medics won't even think of leaving?!!

Even if you compel them to stay and practice for 5 years, it still won't keep them from taking off soon after. The 5 years won't improve the healthcare sector if proper investment is not done.

Think! Think!! Think!!!

THAT IS JUST IT, IN AS MUCH AS THEY ARE LEAVEING, IF NIGERIA TAKE A CHUNK OF THAT OIL MONEY THEY LOOT TO SWISS ACCOUNT AND TINUBU IS SHARING TO INVEST IN HEALTH SECTOR, ALOT OF THE DOCTORS WILL RETURN.

AS OF TODAY, NIGERIA SHOULD JUST LEAVE THE HEALTH WORKERS ALONE TO FIND THEIR WAY.

SINCE WE PREFER TO DIE FOR BUHARI AND TINUBU ELECTION,.

USELESS PEOPLE!
Re: UK Stops Recruiting Healthcare Workers From Nigeria, 53 Others (Full List) by Bobbiee: 1:44pm On Apr 10, 2023
LivingSage:
God bless them.

You can't be trained in Nigeria almost free of charge (because u paid chicken fee as tuition fee compared to Europe) without paying back to the Country, but using that knowledge to benefit European countries.

Zombie. Yet your leaders go outside for medical treatment
Re: UK Stops Recruiting Healthcare Workers From Nigeria, 53 Others (Full List) by lildush(m): 1:45pm On Apr 10, 2023
They should also stop treating public officials from Nigeria... Let the equation be balance.. let's all come home and develop our country..

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Okpaleke Doctors: 6 Nigerian Siblings Working As Medical Practitioners Go Viral / Teeth Whitening: Share Your Experience / Man Commits Suicide Over Erectile Dysfunction In Delta State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.