Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,956 members, 7,806,768 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:07 PM

Husband Speaks Out – Man Beats German Based Wife - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Husband Speaks Out – Man Beats German Based Wife (962 Views)

Man Beats And Stabs Corper Wife In The Face In Lagos (photo) / Sugabelly Speaks Out: 'Surviving Mustapha Audu & His Rape Brigade' / Nigerian Man Beats His Mother To Death With A Chair In The US (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Husband Speaks Out – Man Beats German Based Wife by radiovibe: 8:25am On Sep 21, 2011
Exclusive phone interview with Mercyjohnson.com and Emmanuel Okwueto. There are two sides to a coin. Faced with allegations of wife battery and spousal abuse, Emmanuel Okwueto speaks out.

How are you doing today?

Yes. I am good. Thanks.

I would like to go over some questions with you over the accusations leveled against you from your wife.

Alright, no problem.

Thank you. Where are you right now?

I am at the village home in Anambra State.

So you are from Anambra?

Yes, exactly

Where are you based? Do you reside in Nigeria or overseas?

Currently, I have a Law program I am doing at the university here in Nigeria but aside from that, I am based in London, Uk.

Is your wife also based in London?

No, she is based in Germany

The two children she has, are they yours?

No. One of the children is mine. The younger one is mine. The older child belongs to my sister in-law. My wife's sister.

Are you the biological father of the younger one?

of course, Yes.

When did you get married?

It was October 2009. My two years anniversary will be next month.

So, what actually happened?

Well, I want to keep this as short as possible because of the present circumstance. Phone interviews are not a convenient way of interviewing.

In a nutshell, people have different misunderstandings of abuse and violence. In an environment like ours, it is often perceived that women are the ones mostly abused. Most times, men are also abused. Men go through psychological abuse and other forms of abuse.

My wife and I have a peculiar story. By the time we got married, I had not finished my degree and she already had two degrees. I noticed the gap in her character and orientation. Regardless, we agreed to stay together.

Over the years, what was happening in Europe started happening in Nigeria. She refused to cook unless she feels like. She did whatever she liked without regards for her husband. Till today,she still answers her ex-husband's name.

Was she married before?

She was married to a German know as Becker. She uses the name on all her documents till today and the only place she put my name is on her facebook profile. I don't know him and I have never met him but they still keep in contact with each other. This is a man she divorced in 2006.

Is that what started the fight?

No. It was part of the issue with a lot of disagreements. She still answers Becker which is supposed to be her ex-husband's name. I told her that if she was taking her father's name that I would understand but I can't have you answering your ex-husband's name.

This is a woman who clearly tells you, "it is my way or the highway". My family here in Nigeria warned me not to marry her because she is too stubborn and that I can't control her. I said to them that I am not looking for control here but understanding. I don't need to control my wife. All I need is for us to understand each other.

We have issues like all couples do but she said that it was over and that she could not take it anymore. I couldn't take it, we just couldn't take it anymore. At this point, the differences was just too much and irreconcilable.

We could part ways and still be friends for the baby's sake at least. My wife said because I happened to be down with my business when I bought most of the properties at home that she was going to destroy all the properties in the house. So that a new wife will not come and inherit her contribution.

She moved into the kitchen and brought out a hammer and knife. She insisted that I must live the house. I told her that we have two homes, one in Nigeria and one in Germany. Since you live in Germany and you are going back there with the children, why are you intending to kick me out.

She said that if I want to stay here that it's fine but she will break every single thing in this house before she lives. She started breaking things in the house, charged at me with a knife and hammer and as I was defending myself, she slipped and fell hard on the floor. This was how she hit her face on the floor given her a cut to the forehead and a swollen eye. That is it.

She is screaming murder and people are going around saying that I wanted to kill a nursing mother. That I tore her face with my fist. I am the last man that will beat a women. If any man does that to a women, I will be the first one to shout foul.

I have some pictures of cuts and bruises which I received from her on that fatal day. I wanted to publish the pictures but my family advised me not to meddle or get involved with her issues because I come from a conservative family. As I am currently speaking to you, I have a plastered hand (P.O.P) right now.

I took her to the hospital with my younger brother. She was told to stay back for treatment but she ran away to the police station to make a case against me. The police is aware of the current state of situation and have also taken pictures of my present condition.

So what happened next?

The next thing I knew, people were calling me on my phone, facebook and sending me all sorts of emails. People should not be in a hurry to pass judgment. They need to hear the other side of the story.

Before I live you, what would you like people to know?

I want people to know that domestic violence against men is on the rise. Some of our women who live in Europe or who have lived in Europe bring this ideas down to Nigeria. You can't say anything because you fear that you might get into trouble.

by http://www.mercyjohnson.com/exclusive-interviewhusband-speaks-out-man-beats-german-based-wife-to-pulp

Re: Husband Speaks Out – Man Beats German Based Wife by chiozor: 10:55am On Sep 21, 2011
wht can i say now shocked

(1) (Reply)

'We Are Coming Back To Kill More People', Cultist Who Drowned Friend Says / Ongoing Robbery On Eko Bridge By Costain / How I Was Duped Of N85,000 In Uyo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.