Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,719 members, 7,802,170 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:22 AM

Marriage Has Failed Me! - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Marriage Has Failed Me! (41835 Views)

My Husband Has Failed To Satisfy Me Sexually Despite Taking Concoctions / My Marriage Has Finally Crashed! / My Marriage Has Finally Ended (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Marriage Has Failed Me! by Kbidi: 4:26pm On Apr 11, 2023
BrighterThanDay:
As a child from a broken home, I saw marriage as my happy ending of finally having a home filled with love and mutual understanding. After the death of my mom, growing up with my dad and stepmom was hell. I was treated as a stranger in my own home, so I thought starting my own family will be a lot better.

After I completed my education and got a good job. I had a lot of suitors willing to settle down with me. Most of them were rich and accomplished men, but there was no spark, I felt they weren't genuinely in love with me, and since I was never a materialistic person, I turned them down. I get easily content with what I have and I spend prudently. Then I met my husband. It happened that I was his crush back then in school, in fact, he even approached me as a student then, but I turned him down because I knew where I was coming from and I never wanted to gamble with my studies, it was my only hope to leave my father's house and fend for myself.

Fast forward to when I met my husband after school. He didn't even have a good job. But I could tell I meant a great deal to him, we'll speak for hours on the phone. I fell hopelessly in love with him, I could already picture a happy home with him and our kids. Then he proposed, and I accepted. I met his family, they were nice on the first visit.

After the introduction ceremony with my family, I started noticing certain things. I was taking pictures with his phone when I saw a message from his mom telling him I'm a stranger and he shouldn't allow me to come between them. I was surprised and wondered where all this was coming from, I asked him and he reassured me that it was nothing.

Then his father told me that hope I know that a son should love and care for his parents more than his kids. I kept pondering this statement. Then the worse of it all was his married sister, she hasn't even met me, but she rained insults and abuses on me on his phone and why he needs to make money first and allow his family to enjoy his money, before getting married. She said I was old, and just forcing him to marry me. I was just 26 then, but my education was very fast.

I had to speak to her dad about this and he cautioned her. I tried speaking to her myself but she rained insults again on me. I called off the wedding at a point but my then-fiance begged and involved my brother and so we went on with the wedding preparations. The wedding went well and his entire family stayed with us for a week before leaving.

My husband got a good job, I was working, we were fine and money wasn't our problem. A few months later, my father-in-law died. I sent messages and called hubby's siblings to comfort them. I couldn't travel with him immediately due to the nature of my job. I kept calling to check on him and inquire about the traditional rites I might need to be a part of. Hubby said his father was a pastor so he won't need to do anything, while we were yet speaking, his sister who hates me snatched the phone from him and said I have to do this and that or I should pack my things and leave the house and then she shouted at me.

I was so pissed and acted in a way that wasn't right considering that we were all mourning. I sent a message to her, telling her to be nice considering that we are all mourning but if she chooses to continue insulting and humiliating me for no reason, I won't take it. She forwarded the message to the entire family, including uncles, aunts, and grandchildren. On the day of the burial, I was treated as an outcast by the entire family, she told them not to give my birth family food, even though they came bearing gifts and comforting everyone. Hubby had to step in and ask the caterers to serve them.

She kept fighting and shouting at my hubby throughout the burial and tried denying him of things he was supposed to do as the first son and child. I was humiliated and she kept castigating my name and insulting me to hearings of everyone. I wasn't even allowed to eat. I was quiet all through, when family members were asked to sit behind the corpse, she asked me to excuse them.

For fear of my life after the burial, I had to go lodge in a hotel outside. The next morning she and her brother kept shouting and complaining that why did hubby allow me to lodge and that I should have been with their mom. They continued the humiliation, I couldn't take it anymore or hold back my tears so I left.

Hubby later told me that she held a meeting in my absence with the entire family and told them I'm a bad wife and needs to leave her brother. This was when hubby stood up for me and said I wasn't going anywhere.

Our marriage was never the same. Even when we had our daughter, no one called, hubby was ostracized from his own family and he blamed me sometimes. I couldn't concentrate at work, and my job is performance-based. I was scared that I'll be fired, so I resigned.

Hubby's income wasn't enough to sustain us, so we started facing financial difficulties. He had to even go meet the same sister to borrow money, even though I discouraged it. She always mocked him for it and I had to pay off the loan at a point.

When she saw that we are now broke, she stopped fighting with him and they are on talking terms now, of course, she still wants nothing to do with me. I know that they are family by blood and nothing is too hard to forgive, but each time she calls and they are happily discussing, Ican't help but feel angry for all she has caused us. I'm sometimes tempted to leave this marriage because this is not what I envisaged at all.

My brother is also married and I have never felt the need to interfere in his marriage or fight his wife.

I don't know how long I can continue in this union, even my innocent beautiful daughter is hated by them.

The hubby is a sissy....Can't he be a man for once.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Marriage Has Failed Me! by GOVERNORR: 4:26pm On Apr 11, 2023
That's not true. Have you ever heard anyone say Maths failed them?

You hear I failed Maths,
Super eagles failed to qualify..

Oga na you fail marriage because no one is a master at it. Ask Bezos
Re: Marriage Has Failed Me! by joyd200: 4:27pm On Apr 11, 2023
I'm so pained.
Re: Marriage Has Failed Me! by VTJN(m): 4:27pm On Apr 11, 2023
frozen70:

Having read what you posted, I feel the emotional pains you are going through

The only place am going to blame you was the in ability to tolerate them your in laws from day one

They gave you heat and you returned the heat without thinking twice if really you can face them all

You dont really understand their family settings and why all of them are interested in their son

As it is now, you are not a threat to them but they are all a threat to you and your peace in the marriage

You have already prove to them that you are equally as crazy as they are

I think at this point, you have to drop the war weapons and start calming down for them

Talk to your husband if you can, so that he will reconcile you and them, by organizing a good reconciliation meeting for that peace to reign in your marriage, in laws and your life

Once that is done, you will experience absolute peace of mind and you will now be free to relate with them and see them as your own family

Pls look into it so that you too can have peace of mind and your child will have a good sense of feelings with them

If they all decides to gang against you and send you out, your husband will just be confused but will still stand with them because he alone can't marry you
only weak Men family can try such. Even if i get married to the most useless woman on planet earth, my family will not try that with me. They know the implications. As a single guy apart from the fact that i don't tolorate nonesense. They already know that i won't joke with my wife and kids in the future. The very day my family try this, they will all exit this life and i will stand for the consequences

Who does that? Anyway, they dey look face before they try shit sha

3 Likes

Re: Marriage Has Failed Me! by dawnomike(m): 4:29pm On Apr 11, 2023
BrighterThanDay:
As a child from a broken home, I saw marriage as my happy ending of finally having a home filled with love and mutual understanding. After the death of my mom, growing up with my dad and stepmom was hell. I was treated as a stranger in my own home, so I thought starting my own family will be a lot better.

After I completed my education and got a good job. I had a lot of suitors willing to settle down with me. Most of them were rich and accomplished men, but there was no spark, I felt they weren't genuinely in love with me, and since I was never a materialistic person, I turned them down. I get easily content with what I have and I spend prudently. Then I met my husband. It happened that I was his crush back then in school, in fact, he even approached me as a student then, but I turned him down because I knew where I was coming from and I never wanted to gamble with my studies, it was my only hope to leave my father's house and fend for myself.

Fast forward to when I met my husband after school. He didn't even have a good job. But I could tell I meant a great deal to him, we'll speak for hours on the phone. I fell hopelessly in love with him, I could already picture a happy home with him and our kids. Then he proposed, and I accepted. I met his family, they were nice on the first visit.

After the introduction ceremony with my family, I started noticing certain things. I was taking pictures with his phone when I saw a message from his mom telling him I'm a stranger and he shouldn't allow me to come between them. I was surprised and wondered where all this was coming from, I asked him and he reassured me that it was nothing.

Then his father told me that hope I know that a son should love and care for his parents more than his kids. I kept pondering this statement. Then the worse of it all was his married sister, she hasn't even met me, but she rained insults and abuses on me on his phone and why he needs to make money first and allow his family to enjoy his money, before getting married. She said I was old, and just forcing him to marry me. I was just 26 then, but my education was very fast.

I had to speak to her dad about this and he cautioned her. I tried speaking to her myself but she rained insults again on me. I called off the wedding at a point but my then-fiance begged and involved my brother and so we went on with the wedding preparations. The wedding went well and his entire family stayed with us for a week before leaving.

My husband got a good job, I was working, we were fine and money wasn't our problem. A few months later, my father-in-law died. I sent messages and called hubby's siblings to comfort them. I couldn't travel with him immediately due to the nature of my job. I kept calling to check on him and inquire about the traditional rites I might need to be a part of. Hubby said his father was a pastor so he won't need to do anything, while we were yet speaking, his sister who hates me snatched the phone from him and said I have to do this and that or I should pack my things and leave the house and then she shouted at me.

I was so pissed and acted in a way that wasn't right considering that we were all mourning. I sent a message to her, telling her to be nice considering that we are all mourning but if she chooses to continue insulting and humiliating me for no reason, I won't take it. She forwarded the message to the entire family, including uncles, aunts, and grandchildren. On the day of the burial, I was treated as an outcast by the entire family, she told them not to give my birth family food, even though they came bearing gifts and comforting everyone. Hubby had to step in and ask the caterers to serve them.

She kept fighting and shouting at my hubby throughout the burial and tried denying him of things he was supposed to do as the first son and child. I was humiliated and she kept castigating my name and insulting me to hearings of everyone. I wasn't even allowed to eat. I was quiet all through, when family members were asked to sit behind the corpse, she asked me to excuse them.

For fear of my life after the burial, I had to go lodge in a hotel outside. The next morning she and her brother kept shouting and complaining that why did hubby allow me to lodge and that I should have been with their mom. They continued the humiliation, I couldn't take it anymore or hold back my tears so I left.

Hubby later told me that she held a meeting in my absence with the entire family and told them I'm a bad wife and needs to leave her brother. This was when hubby stood up for me and said I wasn't going anywhere.

Our marriage was never the same. Even when we had our daughter, no one called, hubby was ostracized from his own family and he blamed me sometimes. I couldn't concentrate at work, and my job is performance-based. I was scared that I'll be fired, so I resigned.

Hubby's income wasn't enough to sustain us, so we started facing financial difficulties. He had to even go meet the same sister to borrow money, even though I discouraged it. She always mocked him for it and I had to pay off the loan at a point.

When she saw that we are now broke, she stopped fighting with him and they are on talking terms now, of course, she still wants nothing to do with me. I know that they are family by blood and nothing is too hard to forgive, but each time she calls and they are happily discussing, Ican't help but feel angry for all she has caused us. I'm sometimes tempted to leave this marriage because this is not what I envisaged at all.

My brother is also married and I have never felt the need to interfere in his marriage or fight his wife.

I don't know how long I can continue in this union, even my innocent beautiful daughter is hated by them.
Your business right now, is your husband... He should do more to protect you and stop feeling somehow about her. Just ensure your own immediate family is happy and pls empower yourself
Re: Marriage Has Failed Me! by 12345baba(m): 4:30pm On Apr 11, 2023
Y u go go resign? U reason to resign no even make sense to me

1 Like

Re: Marriage Has Failed Me! by Nobody: 4:32pm On Apr 11, 2023
falcon01:
It's better to be single and happy than married and unhappy

Is that a fact?

I mean there are still happily married couples
out there.
Re: Marriage Has Failed Me! by cassyrooy(m): 4:32pm On Apr 11, 2023
BrighterThanDay:

This is the saddest thing I've read.

My dear, some people really enjoy seeing other people suffer for no just understandable reasons, so, don't let it deride you.

Brace up and navigate through life despite the indelible pain she has left in your heart.

Stand your ground dear.

As for your husband, he didn't get it right by preparing for this war on time.

I'll keep saying this, know the elements around you and prepare for war/peace which may arise should that elements gets to come for you.

Men must prepare for things like this or suffer everlasting defeat, even, from close family sources.

Once again, so sorry.
Re: Marriage Has Failed Me! by ejimatic: 4:32pm On Apr 11, 2023
BrighterThanDay:

It is painful you saw the problems coming yet you went ahead with the wedding. You have a good husband but bad inlws! They don't want the progress of thier brother who is yiur husband. Do you know the kind of woman your mother-in law is? May be she does not want the progress of her son and yiu now come as a saviour.The most painful thing you did is yiur resignayion from where you got yiur daily bread.Now they have achieved their aims of turning you to beggars in the family. .Be patient! Look for another job! Finally when situation is improved move away from them..When some people run away from families they knew what they saw .
Re: Marriage Has Failed Me! by Kinehap: 4:32pm On Apr 11, 2023
Your story is a sad one and I understand how you feel.

You see, your husband is the major player in this matter. Your happiness depends on him and he should know that. His wife and children should be his priorities before his bigger family. His inaction led to this and is high time he took a stance whether with you or his his siblings.

If it means relocating you guys to a different place for his marriage to work he better do that if not the marriage is a Gunner.

As for you, find happiness within yourself. Don't allow what is happening in your marriage overshadow you. Make yourself happy for your daughter's sake. Think less of them.

Wish you well

1 Like

Re: Marriage Has Failed Me! by CodeTemplar: 4:32pm On Apr 11, 2023
Marriage for a lady is like porting SIM from one network to another. As a sensitive person you were happy to escape the attacks from immediate family but met similar minded people where you ended up in. God is officially your strength from now on. Take it easy.
Re: Marriage Has Failed Me! by Darkandhandsom(m): 4:33pm On Apr 11, 2023
Super story. Are you the only person with marriage issue?
Re: Marriage Has Failed Me! by eedimo(m): 4:33pm On Apr 11, 2023
BrighterThanDay:

You story doesn't say the little things you do wrong.
Are you perfect?
Re: Marriage Has Failed Me! by RedpillAnalyst: 4:33pm On Apr 11, 2023
ChybuzzDD:

You seem to be giving excuses for this evidently weak husband.

How's it possible for your family members to send your wife out, and ''you will just be confused'' Nawaoo

If the guy had stood up like a man from the beginning when every family member was testing his/her 'superpower' status on his wife, things wouldn't have reached this ugly stage.

The guy didn't protect his wife/nuclear family enough and i must say that.

Not easy bro. Uneducated family first and family where women have too much say always end up being this.
Re: Marriage Has Failed Me! by Mom007(f): 4:33pm On Apr 11, 2023
Pack out, pack out... Is the mans house heaven that you will put up with all these insults and drama just to stay on? Look, issues between wife and in-laws must be stressed by the husband and husband alone and failure of him to do this shows complacency on his behalf. Never engage your hateful in-laws directly as anything you say and do will be used against u. You even went so far as to provide her with written evidence to use against you. In any case, I think this issue needs to be resolved once and for all even if it means you call their bluff and leave the house (not marriage). Staying on and being a dumping ground for insults and blames will not save your marriage. Decisive action will. Stop this your whining and crying and pick yourself up, look for a job and move on emotionally and physically if possible. Block those so called in-laws on all channels and focus on your own self.
Re: Marriage Has Failed Me! by juman(m): 4:33pm On Apr 11, 2023
Try to consult marriage expert.
You would get good advice from there.
Re: Marriage Has Failed Me! by Niyixt: 4:35pm On Apr 11, 2023
BrighterThanDay:

It’s obvious your husband and his sister are having an incestos affair that’s why she can’t stand you because you’re taking him away

1 Like

Re: Marriage Has Failed Me! by Novemberaura(m): 4:37pm On Apr 11, 2023
Walk the hell out
Re: Marriage Has Failed Me! by Trustedpronet: 4:39pm On Apr 11, 2023
I'm ready and prepare for everything in my marriage...good or bad anyone God give me I say thank you. One thing that has helped is the ability to ignore issues. If you love me or hate me as long as you are not holding my hands when eating no problem.
Re: Marriage Has Failed Me! by lakesider2006(m): 4:41pm On Apr 11, 2023
frozen70:

The only place am going to blame you was the in ability to tolerate them your in laws from day one

They gave you heat and you returned the heat without thinking twice if really you can face them all

You dont really understand their family settings and why all of them are interested in their son

As it is now, you are not a threat to them but they are all a threat to you and your peace in the marriage

I think at this point, you have to drop the war weapons and start calming down for them

Talk to your husband if you can, so that he will reconcile you and them, by organizing a good reconciliation meeting for that peace to reign in your marriage, in laws and your life

Once that is done, you will experience absolute peace of mind and you will now be free to relate with them and see them as your own family

Pls look into it so that you too can have peace of mind and your child will have a good sense of feelings with them

If they all decides to gang against you and send you out, your husband will just be confused but will still stand with them because he alone can't marry you
sensibe comments
Re: Marriage Has Failed Me! by lifenajeje(m): 4:43pm On Apr 11, 2023
frozen70:

May u continue to be blessed with wisdom ..

I don't need to read any other post

U have said it all..

Op take this advice ..

It's time for u to stoop and conquer ..

I adviced my cousin's wife whose record with the family was absolutely bad ..

She gives fire raise to power hell to issues and it caused her a lot ..

Following my advice she apologised to everyone ..

She no dey talk pass herself

Na them dey rush am now ..

Family whahala no be gra gra

Na sense them.dey use for the matter .

2 Likes

Re: Marriage Has Failed Me! by falcon01: 4:45pm On Apr 11, 2023
TheMaterialist:

Is that a fact?

I mean there are still happily married couples
out there.
What ever you choose to do, let it be the one that makes you happy
Re: Marriage Has Failed Me! by zedegit: 4:45pm On Apr 11, 2023
frozen70:

The Bible said, "Suffer not the witch to live."

Need anyone tell you that the sister in law is a witch?

I won't be surprised if she has hand in their downfall.
Re: Marriage Has Failed Me! by Brownshoe: 4:46pm On Apr 11, 2023
Is your husband an errand boy in the family?

He can't even slap his sis.
Re: Marriage Has Failed Me! by harmony75: 4:46pm On Apr 11, 2023
My darling you're like me I don't know how to make trouble but you have been pushed to the wall so enough 🙅‍♂️ Now stand up for yourself and your marriage be far from them no friendship anymore as long as you're not @fault. Just pretend they don't exist focus on your man yourself and your kids! Don't tolerate any rubbish any more from them! May God keep and bless your home Ijn 🙏
Re: Marriage Has Failed Me! by MatrixCircle: 4:47pm On Apr 11, 2023
BrighterThanDay:

Many Nigerian parents invest so much in training thier first sons so that they will train the younger siblings and care for the aged parents in the future. When you got married to him, it was like blocking the source of thier upkeep or returns of investment.
Secondly, in Africa you marry into a family, you were expected to act as a mother to all since you were the first wife that was married into that family.
What you were supposed to do was to engage with more discussion with the younger sister and the mother more because they both are women like you and the source of your trouble.
Lastly, you made a mistake in resigning your job. Most times during job interviews people are asked if they can work under pressure, the answer is usually affirmative YES.
Re: Marriage Has Failed Me! by Sirmwill: 4:47pm On Apr 11, 2023
BrighterThanDay:

Ma'am

If you can really confirm that your husband loves you still...

Forget about his family members
Mostly,People decide to hold grudges with other people for reasons that are beyond the physical...I don't need to say more than this for this aspect

In most cases, if you are not spiritually negative and you are the prayerful type, they'll later come to apologize to you and even make friends with you in ways you won't expect...

Remember you said you are a child from a broken home... I'm not a pastor tho smiley but I know that things that happen to parents always tend to happen to the children and you shouldn't just allow it...

Just use heavenly wisdom and prayers and you are good to go

smiley
Re: Marriage Has Failed Me! by topeluvu(m): 4:47pm On Apr 11, 2023
BrighterThanDay:
Hi, in this kind of situation, always concentrate on your deals and never be worried by the distractions.
Re: Marriage Has Failed Me! by WantsandMore: 4:51pm On Apr 11, 2023
BrighterThanDay:

So sorry you've you're going through this trauma, but have you prayed?
Re: Marriage Has Failed Me! by 2mch(m): 4:51pm On Apr 11, 2023
Never resign your job because of anybody. Now you are struggling and she has won! Your best revenge would have been to succeed even more. It should be motivation for you. Even if your home is crumbling, hold on tight to your job and leave your baggages at the door when you come to work. Make sure you find another job and stop being obsessed with the woman. Ignore her and live your life.

1 Like

Re: Marriage Has Failed Me! by willarrie(m): 4:52pm On Apr 11, 2023
I'm really sorry u had to go through all of this,but pls note that "Marriage" didn't fail u but your husband did.
A man who wants to be a good husband must be able to PROVIDE, PROTECT & LOVE his wife dearly & going by ur story, he's neither here nor there.
May the Lord strengthen u for this journey.

1 Like

Re: Marriage Has Failed Me! by PrimadonnaO(f): 4:52pm On Apr 11, 2023
BrighterThanDay:

The truth is my husband is a good man. He chose me, I chose him, and we are happy together. Aside from the current financial issues and law problems we don't have any other problem.
He stood up for me countless times against his sister and asked her to leave me alone. But whenever he does this, the sister gets so mad and says I've come to scatter their family and she begins to report to elders, who now turn on my husband and ask him to draw his sister close as the father of the house after the demise of his father. If he doesn't oblige, he'll be totally isolated from the family, even if his mother is sick or God forbid dies, he won't be informed, nobody picks up his calls or when they answer they sound so cold. The worse part was when my daughter was born, aside my family, none of them congratulated him. This is what they use to get to him and it hurts him so bad, and he ends up blaming me. I hate seeing him in this mood and I'll always encourage him to go back to them. I'm sincerely tired of this vicious cycle, I don't know how long I can continue living like this. This his sister is married, but she doesn't want any of her brothers to be.

Her husband should call her to order.

Or he doesn't realise he's married to an unkind bitter woman?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

What Are The Pros And Cons Of Marrying A Single Lady That Already Has A Baby? / 5th Wedding Anniversary: "Coming To America" Themed Photoshoot Of Nigerian Coupl / My Husband Threatened To Divorce Me Because Of His Friend.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 265
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.