Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,480 members, 7,808,750 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:20 PM

Gangs Of Lagos Film, A Mockery Of Our Heritage- Lagos Govt - TV/Movies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Gangs Of Lagos Film, A Mockery Of Our Heritage- Lagos Govt (37104 Views)

‘Gangs Of Lagos’: Oba Issues 14-Day Ultimatum To Producers Over Eyo Masquerade / "Gangs Of Lagos" Banner Torn On Third Mainland Bridge (Picture) / 'Gangs Of Lagos' Movie Review (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gangs Of Lagos Film, A Mockery Of Our Heritage- Lagos Govt by yahoodetector: 11:57am On Apr 13, 2023
Are the Eyo masquerades not known for molesting and maiming people with those their long sticks?

Were they not the ones sent out during the Oro festival which they deliberately slated during election day that had them kill about 5 persons in Lagos on that day?

What's the difference with them being depicted in a movie with guns?

Misrepresentation my black a*se!!

1 Like

Re: Gangs Of Lagos Film, A Mockery Of Our Heritage- Lagos Govt by Pastoshizzy(m): 11:57am On Apr 13, 2023
Yeye movie.
Overated.

1 Like

Re: Gangs Of Lagos Film, A Mockery Of Our Heritage- Lagos Govt by ukaface(f): 11:58am On Apr 13, 2023
Maybe y’all need to educate ‘ your people’ about what they need to do and not do.
Re: Gangs Of Lagos Film, A Mockery Of Our Heritage- Lagos Govt by justtoodark: 12:00pm On Apr 13, 2023
Pastoshizzy:
Yeye movie.
Overated.

they only care about money....the damage they cause dont consighn them....
na the same them will be complainin later that other races threat them bad abroad later....
Re: Gangs Of Lagos Film, A Mockery Of Our Heritage- Lagos Govt by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 12:00pm On Apr 13, 2023
Omooba77:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2023/04/gangs-of-lagos-film-a-mockery-of-our-heritage-lagos-govt/
Ethnic profiling kor…. Nonsense. Can a person from a region profile himself? If you don’t like it, go to court…… ban the movie if you like I already have watched it, i will keep sharing it. Jakara market that is a popular human parts market hub and that has been so for over 50 years, what has the government done about it? They think we don’t know the occult doings going on in and around Lagos especially at night.

2 Likes

Re: Gangs Of Lagos Film, A Mockery Of Our Heritage- Lagos Govt by justtoodark: 12:02pm On Apr 13, 2023
INDUSTRIALFAN:
Ethnic profiling kor…. Nonsense. Can a person from a region profile himself? If you don’t like it, go to court…… ban the movie if you like I already have watched it, i will keep sharing it. Jakara market that is a popular human parts market hub and that has been so for over 50 years, what has the government done about it? They think we don’t know the occult doings going on in and around Lagos especially at night.

evil is all around the world....dont blind yourself and think somehow else is better....
Re: Gangs Of Lagos Film, A Mockery Of Our Heritage- Lagos Govt by HNICEARTH: 12:02pm On Apr 13, 2023
Eyo wey dey attend political rally. These guys never talk Wetin dey give dem sleepless night about that movie

3 Likes

Re: Gangs Of Lagos Film, A Mockery Of Our Heritage- Lagos Govt by Tinububalls: 12:04pm On Apr 13, 2023
thaoriginator:
Na one flat headed okoro like that grin
I see a tribal foolishness in you.
Denying reality at will.
Re: Gangs Of Lagos Film, A Mockery Of Our Heritage- Lagos Govt by Raskimonojendor: 12:04pm On Apr 13, 2023
nedu666:
Which one is ethnic profiling, is it not Yoruba man and actors that made the movie
There was an "Omo ibo" character in the movie. He was hacked to death though.

1 Like

Re: Gangs Of Lagos Film, A Mockery Of Our Heritage- Lagos Govt by SugarGirl44(f): 12:04pm On Apr 13, 2023
No need for stories, just ban the damn movie.
Silly producers with fish brain who can’t think of decent and meaningful storylines.
Re: Gangs Of Lagos Film, A Mockery Of Our Heritage- Lagos Govt by Horus(m): 12:05pm On Apr 13, 2023

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CciXkcGPij8

Gangs Of Lagos - Full Trailer
Re: Gangs Of Lagos Film, A Mockery Of Our Heritage- Lagos Govt by phemmyfour: 12:06pm On Apr 13, 2023
Beremx:
I remember back in the late 80s and early 90s when as a kid in Festac Town, Eyo Festival was done and it was a sight to behold. The festival for almost three decades have stopped at festac. I think it only holds at Lagos Island. Such a beautiful rare event.

If the film portrays Eyo Festival as bad, then the movie should be banned. That's a sacrilege to a culture people practice.
Watch the movie first before making hasty conclusion

1 Like

Re: Gangs Of Lagos Film, A Mockery Of Our Heritage- Lagos Govt by jaxxy(m): 12:08pm On Apr 13, 2023
alsudan:
I think the producers where even cautious not to project Lagos in its entirety because of young viewers.

I think the film is a wide exaggeration or a misrepresentation. Lagos culture in itself has no gangs neither does it entertain gangs.

the film should have been called agbero of lagos. These are the gangs that have infiltrated lagos culture and desecrated its traditions.
Re: Gangs Of Lagos Film, A Mockery Of Our Heritage- Lagos Govt by Raskimonojendor: 12:09pm On Apr 13, 2023
BobbieZion:
The first scenes I saw about Lagos as a kid.
Was the jungle justice they did to thieves who stole peanuts.....used to send shivers down my spine.
The second was the amount of thugs, destitutes and hoodlumps.
The third was the dirt and ghettos.

Lagos is a congested dead slump filled with aggressive mannerless beings walking around.
Animals in human skin.
Wild Wild West.

That's why Fashola deported some people back home to the SE. They keep coming on night buses everyday like refugees.
Re: Gangs Of Lagos Film, A Mockery Of Our Heritage- Lagos Govt by Menclothing: 12:10pm On Apr 13, 2023
Eyo carry gun is a no no kids in uk are asking uncle do masquerade carry gun and kill in Africa
Re: Gangs Of Lagos Film, A Mockery Of Our Heritage- Lagos Govt by SunMusk(m): 12:12pm On Apr 13, 2023
Call one country in the Western world or Asian that thy re killing people for voting. And if it is happening in other parts of the world thy re punish that is why you know about it. The Lagos refused to condemn the killing and intimidation during the last election but now thy have find their mouth, evil is evil and we should condemn it, bcs you don't know if it ur love one next it will affect. .
justtoodark:

and the same doesnt happen all over the world....??
everywhere else in the world is paradies only nigeria is bad....

you think....
Re: Gangs Of Lagos Film, A Mockery Of Our Heritage- Lagos Govt by sencekompis: 12:13pm On Apr 13, 2023
Awon omo ALEESS and few yorubas missed with whatever are behind this. Fish them out and put ban on the film in LAGOS

1 Like

Re: Gangs Of Lagos Film, A Mockery Of Our Heritage- Lagos Govt by BobbieZion(m): 12:16pm On Apr 13, 2023
Raskimonojendor:

That's why Fashola deported some people back home to the SE. They keep coming on night buses everyday like refugees.

Shataap.......Scallywag.
Agberos are indigenous to the South-West the way almajiri are synonymous with North and IPOB is to the East.

1 Like

Re: Gangs Of Lagos Film, A Mockery Of Our Heritage- Lagos Govt by uuzba(m): 12:17pm On Apr 13, 2023
PulaPower:

If you try it in China or north Korea, nah death..

Those are not blacks..
China and North Korea are dictatorship country.
Lagos is a one state in a country called Nigeria, under democracy.
You are comparing a complete country to only one state.
Re: Gangs Of Lagos Film, A Mockery Of Our Heritage- Lagos Govt by Raskimonojendor: 12:18pm On Apr 13, 2023
BobbieZion:

Shataap.......Scallywag.
Agberos are indigenous to the South-West the way almajiri are synonymous with North and IPOB is to the East.
E pain am. Fake Jew from the red mud sit at home region.

2 Likes

Re: Gangs Of Lagos Film, A Mockery Of Our Heritage- Lagos Govt by GoldHorse(m): 12:19pm On Apr 13, 2023
Didn't the producers consult before going live?

The film is actually very well done but you need to consult and get "permissions" and insights from various quarters before doing such films.
Re: Gangs Of Lagos Film, A Mockery Of Our Heritage- Lagos Govt by Raskimonojendor: 12:20pm On Apr 13, 2023
GoldHorse:
Didn't the producers consult before going live?

The film is actually very well done but you need to consult and get "permissions" and insights from various quarters before doing such films.
They didn't. I watched an interview of the Olori Eyo and he said they weren't consulted.
Re: Gangs Of Lagos Film, A Mockery Of Our Heritage- Lagos Govt by Mrhonesty: 12:21pm On Apr 13, 2023
Igbos are monopolists, biased and selfish. All tribes are the same but Igbos are worse.

Omooba77:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2023/04/gangs-of-lagos-film-a-mockery-of-our-heritage-lagos-govt/

1 Like

Re: Gangs Of Lagos Film, A Mockery Of Our Heritage- Lagos Govt by BobbieZion(m): 12:21pm On Apr 13, 2023
Raskimonojendor:

E pain am. Fake Jew from the red mud sit at home region.

Stale.
Try again...bloody headlslammer from the red roof region.
Do the mudslinging with your Igbo enemies.
Not me.
🐐 🐐 🐐

1 Like

Re: Gangs Of Lagos Film, A Mockery Of Our Heritage- Lagos Govt by Raskimonojendor: 12:23pm On Apr 13, 2023
BobbieZion:

Stale.
Try again...bloody headlslammer.
🐐 🐐 🐐
Bloody nyanmiri Omo IPOB

1 Like

Re: Gangs Of Lagos Film, A Mockery Of Our Heritage- Lagos Govt by Kobicove(m): 12:29pm On Apr 13, 2023
Movie producers are in the habit of intentionally misrepresenting facts so as to cause uproar which will generate viewer interest in their movies angry
Re: Gangs Of Lagos Film, A Mockery Of Our Heritage- Lagos Govt by justtoodark: 12:31pm On Apr 13, 2023
SunMusk:
Call one country in the Western world or Asian that thy re killing people for voting. And if it is happening in other parts of the world thy re punish that is why you know about it. The Lagos refused to condemn the killing and intimidation during the last election but now thy have find their mouth, evil is evil and we should condemn it, bcs you don't know if it ur love one next it will affect. .

western nations are still not paradies....
nigeria is a young democracy....have you forgotin slavery and colonization....??
Re: Gangs Of Lagos Film, A Mockery Of Our Heritage- Lagos Govt by ACE1010: 12:41pm On Apr 13, 2023
I totally agree with Lagos State stance on this. It is indeed a "sacrilegious trash"
Re: Gangs Of Lagos Film, A Mockery Of Our Heritage- Lagos Govt by Oluwaseunomo: 12:42pm On Apr 13, 2023
kokoA:
Misplaced priority.. Everything about the black man na culture, tradition, abomination, sacrilege, blah blah, yet we cannot provide ordinary basic amenities for our people. Nonsense talk.
Mr English man that trash you typed there belong in the dustbin just like you
Re: Gangs Of Lagos Film, A Mockery Of Our Heritage- Lagos Govt by abidem4real: 12:46pm On Apr 13, 2023
Omooba77:

The truth, they say is bitter but it has to be told. Gangsterism we all know is the hallmark of Lagos. So, what is the fuss all about?
Re: Gangs Of Lagos Film, A Mockery Of Our Heritage- Lagos Govt by Reussite: 12:46pm On Apr 13, 2023
I knew Lagos State government will come after the movie seeing as it depicts entirely the current state of Lagos govt leadership.
I think the only misrepresentation was the use of Eyo to portray violence, other than that, the movie script was perfectly told.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Actress And Influencer Evanny Patrick Dazzles At 'glamour Girls' Premier In Abuj / Drop A Famous Line From A Popular Movie & Someone Will Guess The Movie Name! / Only In Nigerian Movies Will You See These..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.