Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,545 members, 7,809,000 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:52 PM

Gangs Of Lagos Film, A Mockery Of Our Heritage- Lagos Govt - TV/Movies (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Gangs Of Lagos Film, A Mockery Of Our Heritage- Lagos Govt (37107 Views)

‘Gangs Of Lagos’: Oba Issues 14-Day Ultimatum To Producers Over Eyo Masquerade / "Gangs Of Lagos" Banner Torn On Third Mainland Bridge (Picture) / 'Gangs Of Lagos' Movie Review (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gangs Of Lagos Film, A Mockery Of Our Heritage- Lagos Govt by OloyeVIII: 3:46pm On Apr 13, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
This film just disappointed me. It is so sad. All these young woke boys and girls could have done is get a feedback for review before releasing it. If you are tellling our story via film; we have a right to see it before you show the world.

All the offensive parts must be removed and the real names used replaced.
check my signature for free stuffs!
Why do you always type sh!t? is it something from birth or just you being stupid?
Re: Gangs Of Lagos Film, A Mockery Of Our Heritage- Lagos Govt by IJEYdiamond(f): 3:50pm On Apr 13, 2023
Why is it that when the truth is told.... the beneficiary of bad governance get very angry.. withdrawal kee una for there..

I am so happy that the youths r not reasoning the way this old goons r reasoning

U guys travel abroad and see good governance and find it hard to implement it in Nigeria... no be juju be that..

Owo mi dà.... empire is booming in Lagos... and they dont see anything wrong with it..

Is that not wickedness.... U will surly answer to God one day....

Make una continue... Monkey dey work Baboon dey chop!!
Re: Gangs Of Lagos Film, A Mockery Of Our Heritage- Lagos Govt by Horus(m): 4:01pm On Apr 13, 2023
The “Gang of Lagos”, an action movie shot at Isale Eko in Lagos Island and was produced and directed by Jade Osiberu

Re: Gangs Of Lagos Film, A Mockery Of Our Heritage- Lagos Govt by mediclife1987(m): 4:26pm On Apr 13, 2023
Re: Gangs Of Lagos Film, A Mockery Of Our Heritage- Lagos Govt by sassiemyk: 4:31pm On Apr 13, 2023
Everything in the movie is true. The movie didn't actually fully capture the barbaric nature of Lagos/Yoruba way of life. A sequel should be written...
Re: Gangs Of Lagos Film, A Mockery Of Our Heritage- Lagos Govt by freakz(m): 4:34pm On Apr 13, 2023
Omooba77:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2023/04/gangs-of-lagos-film-a-mockery-of-our-heritage-lagos-govt/
when the Chinese masquerade is used to assassinate in Chinese movies, we see them as genius now we see the use of Eyo as something else.

1 Like

Re: Gangs Of Lagos Film, A Mockery Of Our Heritage- Lagos Govt by CaptMarvel(m): 4:59pm On Apr 13, 2023
BobTarantino:

Enjoy the latest gbedu with with the JBL flip
5 multimedia speakers ?!

🔋 40 hours battery life
✴️ SD CARD
🔘 1 year warranty
⭕💯Brand new
🌊 AUX // USB
🔺 Reject poor quality
🔻 refuse expensive price

Nationwide delivery

Pay on delivery

Call or WhatsApp

How much
Re: Gangs Of Lagos Film, A Mockery Of Our Heritage- Lagos Govt by nesphil(m): 5:20pm On Apr 13, 2023
I just finished seeing this movie,
In my opinion, this movies depicts the stark reality of the evil and bad politics in our system esp in the state featured in this movie.

The movie has nothing to do with ethnic profiling, attack on any culture, and or person, but it reveals the evil behind bad politics in the places featured in the movie.

So players of bad politics should desist from it, instead of throwing tantrums.

Omooba77:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2023/04/gangs-of-lagos-film-a-mockery-of-our-heritage-lagos-govt/

1 Like

Re: Gangs Of Lagos Film, A Mockery Of Our Heritage- Lagos Govt by placeofallure(f): 5:26pm On Apr 13, 2023
Beremx:
I remember back in the late 80s and early 90s when as a kid in Festac Town, Eyo Festival was done and it was a sight to behold. The festival for almost three decades have stopped at festac. I think it only holds at Lagos Island. Such a beautiful rare event.

If the film portrays Eyo Festival as bad, then the movie should be banned. That's a sacrilege to a culture people practice.

Some Woke Shoyinka wannabes right above you thinks differently. Oga Thesis writer thinks it's ok to misrepresent the cultural heritage of a people. Sacrilege!
Re: Gangs Of Lagos Film, A Mockery Of Our Heritage- Lagos Govt by Nicolo360: 5:43pm On Apr 13, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
Face your village and state politics.

Lagos has a well tested system of electing its leaders from among the Yoruba. When non-Yoruba were theatening to declare Lagos no man's land and presented a Chinedu who with his wife keep insulting Yoruba on social media, you were causing your Yoruba host to resent the non Yoruba so the Yoruba only insisted that the natives vote first before non-natives will vote. You can not have even a Cross Rivers man rule your Akwa Ibom so stop the pretension.

I lived in Akwa Ibom for good 16yrs, they won’t even allow an Akwa ibomites that bears Igbo name to even contest any election. They even discriminate within themselves, Annange against the Ibibio or people from the Oro nation.
Re: Gangs Of Lagos Film, A Mockery Of Our Heritage- Lagos Govt by grandstar(m): 5:56pm On Apr 13, 2023
Even from the trailers I have seen so far, some bits are just preposterous

For instance, there's this scene a young goon about 10 yrs old, threatens a female motorist with a knife in traffic.

I'm 1,000% sure that doesn't happen in Lagos. What I know takes place in traffic jams are the snatching of phones in traffic from the hands of unsuspecting motorists or passengers while making calls or holding their phones and the thief scurrying off. This i have experienced this before.

M

1 Like

Re: Gangs Of Lagos Film, A Mockery Of Our Heritage- Lagos Govt by emperor863(m): 5:58pm On Apr 13, 2023
Beremx:
I remember back in the late 80s and early 90s when as a kid in Festac Town, Eyo Festival was done and it was a sight to behold. The festival for almost three decades have stopped at festac. I think it only holds at Lagos Island. Such a beautiful rare event.

If the film portrays Eyo Festival as bad, then the movie should be banned. That's a sacrilege to a culture people practice.

Do you mean at a time, Eyo festival was being held in festac town? Please confirm or deny this.
Re: Gangs Of Lagos Film, A Mockery Of Our Heritage- Lagos Govt by bitingcool: 6:03pm On Apr 13, 2023
SUPERPACK:
They have finished acting the film. If the government don't like it they should go to court.

lol. period

1 Like

Re: Gangs Of Lagos Film, A Mockery Of Our Heritage- Lagos Govt by ericoleon(m): 6:18pm On Apr 13, 2023
Please who is MC Oluomo again.
Re: Gangs Of Lagos Film, A Mockery Of Our Heritage- Lagos Govt by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 6:23pm On Apr 13, 2023
justtoodark:

evil is all around the world....dont blind yourself and think somehow else is better....
Where did you see me say there’s a better place? The truth of Lagos which was even diluted in Gangs of Lagos was put out for the world to see and Lagos is crying foul. If they so much hated the image what did they do to stop the crazy crimes happening there in the full glre of everyone? Atleast Isale eko.. we all know what has always happened there.
Re: Gangs Of Lagos Film, A Mockery Of Our Heritage- Lagos Govt by Odogwupedro(m): 9:45pm On Apr 13, 2023
kokoA:
Misplaced priority.. Everything about the black man na culture, tradition, abomination, sacrilege, blah blah, yet we cannot provide ordinary basic amenities for our people. Nonsense talk.

Yes. Mr Man that is our pride, culture. Instead of following the white like mumu. It is better we protect our heritage
Re: Gangs Of Lagos Film, A Mockery Of Our Heritage- Lagos Govt by Odogwupedro(m): 9:47pm On Apr 13, 2023
Okoroawusa:
I can't remember the last time I sat down to watch a Nollywood movie.

Please can someone help me summarize the movie...

Mtcheee, tell that to your wife
Re: Gangs Of Lagos Film, A Mockery Of Our Heritage- Lagos Govt by kokoA(m): 10:33pm On Apr 13, 2023
Odogwupedro:

Yes. Mr Man that is our pride, culture. Instead of following the white like mumu. It is better we protect our heritage
Heritage that has kept us in perpetual poverty..
Re: Gangs Of Lagos Film, A Mockery Of Our Heritage- Lagos Govt by Bfly: 10:49pm On Apr 13, 2023
They forgot that they are also up there misrepresenting the democracy that is the pride of the people.

Most Nigerians are hopeless opportunist. Do me i do u man no go vex.
Re: Gangs Of Lagos Film, A Mockery Of Our Heritage- Lagos Govt by omat20(m): 11:35pm On Apr 13, 2023
I have lived my 30 years in Lagos and truth be told. We have gangs in Lagos from ikorodu to ajegunle to shomolu to mushin to isolo to oshodi etc.
Re: Gangs Of Lagos Film, A Mockery Of Our Heritage- Lagos Govt by leo22(m): 12:31am On Apr 14, 2023
Government wey no get shame, using State resources to do their master's bidding. This is fiction and it is not a crime!
The movie makers didn't even do justice to the true Lagos story and Olorogun is crying 😂 na agberos dey run the town then they pay kickbacks to their egbons, it is a well organized sindicate run by the Olorogun himself.

Didn't we see how it played out in the last elections?

If you don't like the movie, GO TO COURT!

1 Like

Re: Gangs Of Lagos Film, A Mockery Of Our Heritage- Lagos Govt by Joecap(m): 7:44am On Apr 14, 2023

Re: Gangs Of Lagos Film, A Mockery Of Our Heritage- Lagos Govt by mkoabiola: 7:59am On Apr 14, 2023
renderme:
They should never have used the EYO masquerade in dt movie. First thing I said when I saw EYO with guns killing people.
Disgusting!

There have been many gang movies about Lagos and gangs in politics, starting with king of boys. The Lagos state government or Isale Eko descendants did not complain. It’s the EYO masquerade potrayed shooting guns they are talking about. Why do u guys keep gaslighting? Same way u disregarded the issue wt Gbadebo’s tweets, and started talking about yorubas hating intertribal children.
Really
Eyo was welding a gun

For real

That was barbaric

Eyo doesn't hold gun
Re: Gangs Of Lagos Film, A Mockery Of Our Heritage- Lagos Govt by 9jaWarrior: 10:40am On Apr 14, 2023
I never thought I would ever see people bitter than bitter leaf
Re: Gangs Of Lagos Film, A Mockery Of Our Heritage- Lagos Govt by Babysho(m): 5:03pm On Apr 14, 2023
Beremx:

But when our people desecrated our culture by carrying out Oro Festival in daylight because they were trying to disenfranchise people/win election, we kept mute.

There isn't much to be proud of anymore about our Yoruba culture because I know it can be bent to benefit specific people in positions of power.

Even, we all know it's not because of the Eyo thing they dislike it, it's because it exposes the underground gang syndicate in Lagos.

1 Like

Re: Gangs Of Lagos Film, A Mockery Of Our Heritage- Lagos Govt by GoldHorse(m): 6:57pm On Apr 16, 2023
Raskimonojendor:

They didn't. I watched an interview of the Olori Eyo and he said they weren't consulted.

That's not good at all. ...and that's why they are having issues.
Re: Gangs Of Lagos Film, A Mockery Of Our Heritage- Lagos Govt by Godsownfc(m): 5:58pm On Apr 17, 2023
But I really enjoyed the movie
Re: Gangs Of Lagos Film, A Mockery Of Our Heritage- Lagos Govt by DoxxAnon: 6:57pm On Apr 17, 2023
Godsownfc:

Good day sir. I'm very sorry for quoting you on this dead thread. Pls come to my aid sir. I'm a student very broke at school, believe me sir I have nothing left for me, I have called my people several times but still nothing, pls come to my aid with any small token to eat, I know you don't know me but pls help me because of God sir and I will never forget you. I don't feel entitled to your money but pls just consider me. Thank you so much sir.

Send me a PM and I will respond.
Re: Gangs Of Lagos Film, A Mockery Of Our Heritage- Lagos Govt by Godsownfc(m): 5:34pm On May 28, 2023
Lagos state government need to watch the movie too cos I guess they didn't
Re: Gangs Of Lagos Film, A Mockery Of Our Heritage- Lagos Govt by Obasempire(m): 8:35am On May 31, 2023

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Actress And Influencer Evanny Patrick Dazzles At 'glamour Girls' Premier In Abuj / Drop A Famous Line From A Popular Movie & Someone Will Guess The Movie Name! / Only In Nigerian Movies Will You See These..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.