Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,184 members, 7,807,605 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:05 PM

‘I Watched In Horror As They Slaughtered My Daughter Like An Animal’ (Picture) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / ‘I Watched In Horror As They Slaughtered My Daughter Like An Animal’ (Picture) (38822 Views)

Undergraduate Slaughtered Girlfriend For Seizing His Phone In Ogun / I Watched A Thief Vandalised A Kiosk And I Couldn't Do Anything! / I Watched Helplessly As My Husband’s Siblings Beat Him To Death Over Inheritance (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

‘I Watched In Horror As They Slaughtered My Daughter Like An Animal’ (Picture) by Odewaleadesoye(m): 8:01am On Apr 23, 2023
‘I watched in horror as they slaughtered my 10-yr-old daughter like an animal’

Not a few are still in shock and alarmed by Good Friday’s horrendous armed herdsmen murder of about 40 Internally Displaced Persons, IDPs, and members of their host community in a camp at the LGEA Primary School Mgban, in Nyiev Council Ward of Guma Local Government Area, LGA, of Benue State.

On that fateful day, according to an eyewitness, the armed marauders stormed the community, which had a police checkpoint located directly opposite the camp on the stretch of the Makurdi-Lafia road, at about 9 pm.

They came shooting sporadically after obviously overpowering the police personnel on stop-and-search duty at the time.
The invasion took the entire community unawares and left in its trail the death of women, many of them pregnant, children and the elderly in the IDP camp and host community who could not flee before the gunmen got to them.

Not spared by the invaders was the traditional ruler of the community, the Tyoor Nyiev, Chief Bernard Shawa, who, aside losing his two children, also had his cars and motorcycles vandalised and burnt.

Findings indicated that the majority of those killed were mowed down by the armed men in one of the classrooms which was converted to a sleeping space for the IDPs.

They were reportedly shot and killed in their sleep like common criminals on death row.

Just few of them actually made it out of the classroom alive but the majority of those are battling for their lives in the hospital.
The attack also left about 40 others in critical condition with many of them suffering bullet and machete wounds.

Ordeal
Some of the IDPs who survived the attack, including the District Head of the community who lost two children, Shawa,, narrated their ordeal and gave a heart-rending account of how they miraculously survived the attack and how their loved ones were gunned down by the marauders in their presence.

In his account, Shawa, amid wailing and crying from families in the community, narrated how the armed herdsmen stormed the community between 9 and 10 pm on the said day, saying, “I was sitting outside with my children when we started hearing gunshots from across the road.

“We were all shocked and we started running to escape from the armed men. Unfortunately, two of my children, a boy and a girl, did not make it, they could not escape; they were gunned down by the attackers.

“And because we have a point checkpoint on the road, displaced persons normally take shelter at the LGEA Primary School. The gunmen also opened fire on the IDPs and people in the community, shooting and killing our people as they spoke their language.

“Before this particular invasion, they had also attacked our community on February 25, 2023. On that day they killed 12 of our people.”

Throat cut

On her part, a 35-year-old nursing mother of three, Mnena Okega, narrated how her daughter, 10, had her throat slashed by the daredevil marauders.

“We had all gone to sleep inside the classrooms where we sleep when we suddenly started hearing gunshots”, Okega said.

“Nobody knew what was happening, there was pandemonium, I started shouting he names of my children and urging them to wake up and run.

“My first daughter, who was 10 years old, was among the first to escape from the window. But, unfortunately, while she was running away thinking that she was escaping, she ran into the armed men who were moving around searching for who to kill.

“One of them caught her, and even as she carried for help pleading that they should spare her, one of them pulled out his knife and slashed the throat of my innocent daughter.

“It was a sight no mother would want to see. That was what they did to me. They killed my daughter who cried and begged for her live. They cut her throat like an animal.

“I could not help her because I was running with my other children and I thought that they will spare her, seeing that she was a small girl.

“I was wrong, they killed her in cold blood. I will live with the trauma all my life and it will be difficult to forgive the herdsmen and I know that the blood of my daughter will cry to God for justice.”

Another victim, 50 years old mother of four, Yina Jime, on her part, said she successful escaped with her children through divine intervention.

She said it was still a miracle that she was able to escape alive with her children after being chased into the bush by the marauders.

She said, “When the shooting started, we all started running. My children and I dashed into the nearby bush, but as we ran the invaders where chasing after us.

“We kept running but when we could not go any further, we decided to hide ourselves with dried bush and grass.

“At that point the attackers lost sight of us and could not trace many of us anymore. We remained under the grass till it was safe to come out after they had retreated. “Unfortunately several of our friends especially women and children were not spared, they were killed. And in some instances we had mothers killed with their children.

“It was a sad Good Friday for us at Mgban. They killed women and children who ran from their ancestral homes to seek refuge were killed in cold blood. And the only way to ensure that they did not die in vain is for the Federal Government to ensure that their killers are arrested and prosecuted.”

VANGUARD

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ‘I Watched In Horror As They Slaughtered My Daughter Like An Animal’ (Picture) by Zonefree(m): 8:07am On Apr 23, 2023
In all these, what are Benue men and youths doing to curtail this menace? Are they sitting idly waiting for same Fulani government to intervene?

There was a thread here last year about how Fulani herdsmen attacked a community in Enugu. After two weeks of the attack, the youths set a roadblock. Unknown to the herdsmen, they came again to attack and met their waterloo. That was the last time we heard about herdsmen attack in Enugu.

https://www.nairaland.com/7470445/armed-herdsmen-intercepted-enugu-burnt#118994473

229 Likes 20 Shares

Re: ‘I Watched In Horror As They Slaughtered My Daughter Like An Animal’ (Picture) by Ihateheadslamer: 8:13am On Apr 23, 2023
Wahala no dey finish

Na person kill person

4 Likes

Re: ‘I Watched In Horror As They Slaughtered My Daughter Like An Animal’ (Picture) by obiekunie01: 8:21am On Apr 23, 2023
Buhari said you should forgive him for slaughtering you people.

148 Likes 13 Shares

Re: ‘I Watched In Horror As They Slaughtered My Daughter Like An Animal’ (Picture) by KingMack(m): 8:34am On Apr 23, 2023
Zonefree:
In all these, what are Benue men and youths doing to curtail this menace? Are they sitting idly waiting for same Fulani government to intervene?

There was a thread here last year about how Fulani herdsmen attacked a community in Enugu. After two weeks of the attack, the youths set a roadblock. Unknown to the herdsmen, they came again to attack and met their waterloo. That was the last time we heard about herdsmen attack in Enugu.

https://www.nairaland.com/7470445/armed-herdsmen-intercepted-enugu-burnt#118994473

Benue youths are wasted souls.. this guys only engage in one form of dirty cultism or the other while the girls have degree in prostitution undecided

122 Likes 13 Shares

Re: ‘I Watched In Horror As They Slaughtered My Daughter Like An Animal’ (Picture) by Curious345: 8:51am On Apr 23, 2023
Lazy fuuls.. get an AK 47 to defend yourselves or die in peace and stop disturbing us ..

81 Likes 11 Shares

Re: ‘I Watched In Horror As They Slaughtered My Daughter Like An Animal’ (Picture) by DSS1335: 9:00am On Apr 23, 2023
In a normal civilized climes, the governor of Benue state ought to have voluntarily resigned for failing to live up to his responsibility as a chief security officer of the state. Same applies to the commander in chief under whose watch thousands of Nigerian are loosing their lives daily. God punish all of them, including the rubber stamp leadership of the national assembly. E go reach all of them. May all those who supported this wicked administration suffer the fate of this unfortunate families... hordspy, manabbqgrill,yarimo, ngeneugwuenu and co will never condemn these atrocities but will be quick to comment on anything concerning the ipob

150 Likes 16 Shares

Re: ‘I Watched In Horror As They Slaughtered My Daughter Like An Animal’ (Picture) by RedPiller(m): 9:07am On Apr 23, 2023
HELLO SIR!!

This country need to be divided angry

Nigeria is not working.

I repeat, Nigeria is not working.

OVER

77 Likes 6 Shares

Re: ‘I Watched In Horror As They Slaughtered My Daughter Like An Animal’ (Picture) by Lovelyn451(f): 9:08am On Apr 23, 2023
They killed 3 of my friends family members...hmmm

11 Likes 5 Shares

Re: ‘I Watched In Horror As They Slaughtered My Daughter Like An Animal’ (Picture) by backtovillage: 9:08am On Apr 23, 2023
DSS1335:
In a normal civilized climes, the governor of Benue state the president ought to have voluntarily resigned for failing to live up to his responsibility as a chief security officer of the state. Same applies to the commander in chief under whose watch thousands of Nigerian are loosing their lives daily. God punish all of them, including the rubber stamp leadership of the national assembly. E go reach all of them. May all those supported this wicked administration suffer the fate of this unfortunate families... hordspy, manabbqgrill,yarimo, ngeneugwuenu and co will never condemn these atrocities but will be quick to comment on anything concerning the ipob
Reason why state governors are calling for state police

40 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘I Watched In Horror As They Slaughtered My Daughter Like An Animal’ (Picture) by xavuv: 9:09am On Apr 23, 2023
Just sad. Nationwide revolution is around the corner.

32 Likes 3 Shares

Re: ‘I Watched In Horror As They Slaughtered My Daughter Like An Animal’ (Picture) by nepapole(m): 9:09am On Apr 23, 2023
Useless govt failing its citizens yet again

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘I Watched In Horror As They Slaughtered My Daughter Like An Animal’ (Picture) by bigdammyj: 9:09am On Apr 23, 2023
Reading...
Re: ‘I Watched In Horror As They Slaughtered My Daughter Like An Animal’ (Picture) by Kharol1234: 9:09am On Apr 23, 2023
Zonefree:

if na cultism now them go they show there self., Stupid youths of Benue.

58 Likes 6 Shares

Re: ‘I Watched In Horror As They Slaughtered My Daughter Like An Animal’ (Picture) by meolaniyi(m): 9:10am On Apr 23, 2023
But you voted for the people who have been killing you. Venue people are the most .. people on
earth
RIP to the dead

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘I Watched In Horror As They Slaughtered My Daughter Like An Animal’ (Picture) by propsad3: 9:10am On Apr 23, 2023
F
Re: ‘I Watched In Horror As They Slaughtered My Daughter Like An Animal’ (Picture) by AsomStructures: 9:10am On Apr 23, 2023
Pathetic. Quite sad how events in Nigeria has turned out into today as insecurity is now the order of the day.
See our just concluded 3bedroom bungalow construction if you're about starting your building project.. Link in my signature. Plus we offer building designs and construction services nationwide

2 Likes

Re: ‘I Watched In Horror As They Slaughtered My Daughter Like An Animal’ (Picture) by IkemChris(m): 9:10am On Apr 23, 2023
It's so painful people go through all these and still say they have a government .. Arise people and fight for your land..

21 Likes

Re: ‘I Watched In Horror As They Slaughtered My Daughter Like An Animal’ (Picture) by Nusooo: 9:10am On Apr 23, 2023
People should try and protect themselves, self defense is the solution

3 Likes

Re: ‘I Watched In Horror As They Slaughtered My Daughter Like An Animal’ (Picture) by 1950Mack: 9:10am On Apr 23, 2023
embarassed sorry... it will pass embarassed the herdsman in aso rock don de go... his kinsmen go become suya very soon tongue

4 Likes

Re: ‘I Watched In Horror As They Slaughtered My Daughter Like An Animal’ (Picture) by DevilSignature: 9:11am On Apr 23, 2023
angry

Now
The question is; will the soul of that innocent child killed also forgive Mohammadu Buhari?

Mr Buhari, the blood of innocent children, women and men murdered understand ur administration while u sat in Aso Rock doing nothing will forever hunt u and ur families. Those who are in support of ur administration,. The likes of , helineus, the order one eye bird whose lost name I've forgotten and every one who see nothing wrong with the ongoing ceaseless killing in our land shall never know peace
Ammeeeeeen!

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ‘I Watched In Horror As They Slaughtered My Daughter Like An Animal’ (Picture) by money121(m): 9:11am On Apr 23, 2023
But why
Re: ‘I Watched In Horror As They Slaughtered My Daughter Like An Animal’ (Picture) by nkemjacob2(m): 9:11am On Apr 23, 2023
Is it the same Benue state that voted APC that is still complaining?

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘I Watched In Horror As They Slaughtered My Daughter Like An Animal’ (Picture) by Savechild23: 9:11am On Apr 23, 2023
So bad
Re: ‘I Watched In Horror As They Slaughtered My Daughter Like An Animal’ (Picture) by njikoka(m): 9:11am On Apr 23, 2023

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘I Watched In Horror As They Slaughtered My Daughter Like An Animal’ (Picture) by DesChyko: 9:12am On Apr 23, 2023
Same old.. Same old

It's a pity some people have lost their lives in this FG and Benue State debacle but let's be factual here.

The security apparatus in the country is in firm control of the FG; no devolution whatsoever. In this state particularly, over 5000 persons have met their Waterloo in the past 7 years in the hands of the herdsmen or bandits or whatever fancy name they are designated.

The State put forward an anti grazing bill to protect the honest efforts of the farmers who toil under the sun in the state called 'The Food Basket of the Nation'. Since then, the herdsmen (or whatever fancy names they are called now and then) have been on rampage, doing the FG's bidding.

Countless times, the state called for FG's intervention and they didn't significantly get it. Oh, and I heard during this most recent elections, the state still aligned with the party at the centre despite being snubbed for years? Talk about Stockholm Syndrome. 🤦🏾‍♂️

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ‘I Watched In Horror As They Slaughtered My Daughter Like An Animal’ (Picture) by Enemyofpeace: 9:12am On Apr 23, 2023
E no go better for Buhari and all members of his satanic government. God punish them all

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘I Watched In Horror As They Slaughtered My Daughter Like An Animal’ (Picture) by atiku4President(m): 9:13am On Apr 23, 2023
And they gladly voted for the same govt that watched as their people were killed. What an irony

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘I Watched In Horror As They Slaughtered My Daughter Like An Animal’ (Picture) by Betanaija42moro: 9:13am On Apr 23, 2023
Is obvious that the government has failed to secure the Benue people and they don't care.

The communities should find a way to defend themselves.

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Sharia Police Storm Beer Parlors In Jigawa, Seize Alcohol Drinks. See Photos / 11 People Killed By Gunmen In Tai LGA, Rivers State (Graphic Photos) / Missing Franklyn Chioma-Blessing Found In Port Harcourt (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.