Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,452 members, 7,781,309 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 12:12 PM

*‘I Watched In Horror As They Slaughtered My Daughter Like An Animal’ (picture)* - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / *‘I Watched In Horror As They Slaughtered My Daughter Like An Animal’ (picture)* (1970 Views)

You Acted Like An Errand Boy: Court Dismisses Keyamo's SPV Suit Against Atiku / Charly Boy Blasts Willie Obiano: You Look Like An Old Drunk Palmwine Tapper (Pix / Buhari Watches As Sallah Ram Is Being Slaughtered (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

*‘I Watched In Horror As They Slaughtered My Daughter Like An Animal’ (picture)* by greenermodels: 9:29am On Apr 24, 2023
*‘I Watched In Horror As They Slaughtered My Daughter Like An Animal’ (Picture)*

Not a few are still in shock and alarmed by Good Friday’s horrendous armed herdsmen murder of about 40 Internally Displaced Persons, IDPs, and members of their host community in a camp at the LGEA Primary School Mgban, in Nyiev Council Ward of Guma Local Government Area, LGA, of Benue State.

On that fateful day, according to an eyewitness, the armed marauders stormed the community, which had a police checkpoint located directly opposite the camp on the stretch of the Makurdi-Lafia road, at about 9 pm.

They came shooting sporadically after obviously overpowering the police personnel on stop-and-search duty at the time.
The invasion took the entire community unawares and left in its trail the death of women, many of them pregnant, children and the elderly in the IDP camp and host community who could not flee before the gunmen got to them.

Not spared by the invaders was the traditional ruler of the community, the Tyoor Nyiev, Chief Bernard Shawa, who, aside losing his two children, also had his cars and motorcycles vandalised and burnt.

Findings indicated that the majority of those killed were mowed down by the armed men in one of the classrooms which was converted to a sleeping space for the IDPs.

They were reportedly shot and killed in their sleep like common criminals on death row.

Just few of them actually made it out of the classroom alive but the majority of those are battling for their lives in the hospital.
The attack also left about 40 others in critical condition with many of them suffering bullet and machete wounds.

Ordeal
Some of the IDPs who survived the attack, including the District Head of the community who lost two children, Shawa,, narrated their ordeal and gave a heart-rending account of how they miraculously survived the attack and how their loved ones were gunned down by the marauders in their presence.

In his account, Shawa, amid wailing and crying from families in the community, narrated how the armed herdsmen stormed the community between 9 and 10 pm on the said day, saying, “I was sitting outside with my children when we started hearing gunshots from across the road.

“We were all shocked and we started running to escape from the armed men. Unfortunately, two of my children, a boy and a girl, did not make it, they could not escape; they were gunned down by the attackers.

“And because we have a point checkpoint on the road, displaced persons normally take shelter at the LGEA Primary School. The gunmen also opened fire on the IDPs and people in the community, shooting and killing our people as they spoke their language.

“Before this particular invasion, they had also attacked our community on February 25, 2023. On that day they killed 12 of our people.”

Throat cut

On her part, a 35-year-old nursing mother of three, Mnena Okega, narrated how her daughter, 10, had her throat slashed by the daredevil marauders.

“We had all gone to sleep inside the classrooms where we sleep when we suddenly started hearing gunshots”, Okega said.

“Nobody knew what was happening, there was pandemonium, I started shouting he names of my children and urging them to wake up and run.

“My first daughter, who was 10 years old, was among the first to escape from the window. But, unfortunately, while she was running away thinking that she was escaping, she ran into the armed men who were moving around searching for who to kill.

“One of them caught her, and even as she carried for help pleading that they should spare her, one of them pulled out his knife and slashed the throat of my innocent daughter.

“It was a sight no mother would want to see. That was what they did to me. They killed my daughter who cried and begged for her live. They cut her throat like an animal.

“I could not help her because I was running with my other children and I thought that they will spare her, seeing that she was a small girl.

“I was wrong, they killed her in cold blood. I will live with the trauma all my life and it will be difficult to forgive the herdsmen and I know that the blood of my daughter will cry to God for justice.”

Another victim, 50 years old mother of four, Yina Jime, on her part, said she successful escaped with her children through divine intervention.

She said it was still a miracle that she was able to escape alive with her children after being chased into the bush by the marauders.

She said, “When the shooting started, we all started running. My children and I dashed into the nearby bush, but as we ran the invaders where chasing after us.

“We kept running but when we could not go any further, we decided to hide ourselves with dried bush and grass.

“At that point the attackers lost sight of us and could not trace many of us anymore. We remained under the grass till it was safe to come out after they had retreated. “Unfortunately several of our friends especially women and children were not spared, they were killed. And in some instances we had mothers killed with their children.

“It was a sad Good Friday for us at Mgban. They killed women and children who ran from their ancestral homes to seek refuge were killed in cold blood. And the only way to ensure that they did not die in vain is for the Federal Government to ensure that their killers are arrested and prosecuted.”
https://www.vanguardngr.com/2023/04/i-watched-in-horror-as-they-slaughtered-my-10-yr-old-daughter-like-an-animal/
Re: *‘I Watched In Horror As They Slaughtered My Daughter Like An Animal’ (picture)* by socialmediaman: 9:30am On Apr 24, 2023
Watch as the people who will NEVER investigate and give justice to the victims will start telling you how Peter Obi is causing a religious crisis and how “the north” should be teach him a political lesson

May the souls of the departed rest in peace
Re: *‘I Watched In Horror As They Slaughtered My Daughter Like An Animal’ (picture)* by greenermodels: 9:42am On Apr 24, 2023
As Benue is overrun, the marauding herdsmen would eventually attack the south.

2 Likes

Re: *‘I Watched In Horror As They Slaughtered My Daughter Like An Animal’ (picture)* by Trapnews: 9:44am On Apr 24, 2023
shocked
Re: *‘I Watched In Horror As They Slaughtered My Daughter Like An Animal’ (picture)* by Blissful45(m): 9:49am On Apr 24, 2023
Benue is gone to the dogs

1 Like

Re: *‘I Watched In Horror As They Slaughtered My Daughter Like An Animal’ (picture)* by cktheluckyman: 9:54am On Apr 24, 2023
This sad situation must never be allowed to continue!!! What manner of wickedness is this for Christ sake!!
Re: *‘I Watched In Horror As They Slaughtered My Daughter Like An Animal’ (picture)* by CodeTemplar: 9:59am On Apr 24, 2023
Cow are more important than humans in APC Nigeria. Especially Fulani owned cows.
Re: *‘I Watched In Horror As They Slaughtered My Daughter Like An Animal’ (picture)* by gidgiddy: 10:04am On Apr 24, 2023
Nawah
Re: *‘I Watched In Horror As They Slaughtered My Daughter Like An Animal’ (picture)* by Muna4real(f): 11:15am On Apr 24, 2023
First of all, thank God this didn't happen in the south east, else ipob and nnamdi kanu will be blamed.

But wait oh, these people carrying out all the killings are they not the same? They are actually the same people but are given different names to label on innocent groups. Boko Haram,heardsmen, unknown gunmen,all are the same people.

1 Like

Re: *‘I Watched In Horror As They Slaughtered My Daughter Like An Animal’ (picture)* by JOemmy(m): 12:18pm On Apr 24, 2023
Very terrible the worst is the federal govt will come out and blame this same helpless people for these killings. I really wonder if these bloodthirsty fulani killers are really humans or aliens from another planet why do they not have any human feelings whatsoever?
Re: *‘I Watched In Horror As They Slaughtered My Daughter Like An Animal’ (picture)* by gidgiddy: 12:33pm On Apr 24, 2023
Muna4real:
First of all, thank God this didn't happen in the south east, else ipob and nnamdi kanu will be blamed.

But wait oh, these people carrying out all the killings are they not the same? They are actually the same people but are given different names to label on innocent groups. Boko Haram,heardsmen, unknown gunmen,all are the same people.

And the group that loves to blame IPOB for everything will never be seen on this thread, they only remember that there is insecurity in Nigeria if it is the South East, so they can falsely blame IPOB
Re: *‘I Watched In Horror As They Slaughtered My Daughter Like An Animal’ (picture)* by OloYeOfEgbE: 1:50pm On Apr 24, 2023
Bandana Lori mi bi ti 2pac....

Dem never see me coming...news wey dey give joy. NA SO.

War Don shele for Sudan,more influx of terrorist and refugees via the Sahara desert.. wahala for North ..

We will die defending igbolands,wailers can increase the volume now

1 Like 1 Share

Re: *‘I Watched In Horror As They Slaughtered My Daughter Like An Animal’ (picture)* by Jomonix: 2:37pm On Apr 24, 2023
socialmediaman:
Watch as the people who will NEVER investigate and give justice to the victims will start telling you how Peter Obi is causing a religious crisis and how “the north” should be teach him a political lesson

May the souls of the departed rest in peace

So so sad
Re: *‘I Watched In Horror As They Slaughtered My Daughter Like An Animal’ (picture)* by slimfit1(m): 2:48pm On Apr 24, 2023
If Buhari does not go to Hague, after may Hague should just park up their things.
Re: *‘I Watched In Horror As They Slaughtered My Daughter Like An Animal’ (picture)* by pol23: 3:50pm On Apr 24, 2023
Story like this are not just sad but depressing even for the reader…. Now imagine how the mother will feel.

I pray I never experience anything like this…. There’re something’s I can never forgive or let go even if it’s going to cost me my life…

I might not see the perpetrator , but to anyone who looks like him or share the same belief…. Many of them will pay.

There’s a governor in that state telling people to be patient, there’s a president granting pardon to this criminals….

There’re things you just have to excuse government and go all out.
Re: *‘I Watched In Horror As They Slaughtered My Daughter Like An Animal’ (picture)* by Chibuezem(m): 6:43pm On May 21, 2023
greenermodels:
As Benue is overrun, the marauding herdsmen would eventually attack the south.
if this is a prophecy, prediction or analysis it won't work at all the herdsmen will move up north starting from sambisa forest
Re: *‘I Watched In Horror As They Slaughtered My Daughter Like An Animal’ (picture)* by Ruthless70: 6:43am On May 22, 2023
CodeTemplar:
Cow are more important than humans in APC Nigeria. Especially Fulani owned cows.

You have been commenting well until u mentioned Apc, thousands died too during Jonathan, what I see is that they r pampering this killers cos dey r Fulanis
Re: *‘I Watched In Horror As They Slaughtered My Daughter Like An Animal’ (picture)* by Ruthless70: 6:45am On May 22, 2023
JOemmy:
Very terrible the worst is the federal govt will come out and blame this same helpless people for these killings. I really wonder if these bloodthirsty fulani killers are really humans or aliens from another planet why do they not have any human feelings whatsoever?

They are monsters.
Re: *‘I Watched In Horror As They Slaughtered My Daughter Like An Animal’ (picture)* by MechanicMike: 12:31pm On Jun 02, 2023
Muna4real:

helo please are u intaressted in doin house girl work so u can earn a coool 20k a months becuz this s a goood shance to make moiney so please are u intaresssted please? smiley

(1) (Reply)

Igbo Kicks As Yoruba Lead The Tribe With Highest People In Tertiary Education. / Yoruba As Football: Enough Is Enough / Buhari Is A Goner

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.