Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,395 members, 7,808,403 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:31 AM

. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / . (453 Views)

Advice Needed, My Wife Is Driving Me Crazy / Should We Really Ignore Dysfunctional Families? / Man Impregnates His Sister In-law To Punish His "Abusive" Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

. by Nobody: 1:26am On Apr 26, 2023

1 Like

Re: . by woginid967: 1:31am On Apr 26, 2023
Timisilver777:
I must thank God for the opportunity to live today while still growing up, living through these experiences with my family, especially my elder brother.
This might be a very long read, but in order to understand where I am coming from, please read patiently.
I am the third out of four children by my mother, whom my brother is the eldest, with two sisters, one being my immediate elder, and the other who is the youngest. My brother is currently in the university and my sister is about to graduate. My father has not been living with us as a "family", not even for a single day since when I was six, as he is still alive and well. Mind you, my mum and dad where married in a church.
Now the position of my family has always been my mum, with my 3 other siblings. My brother started his bullying and show of "seniority" when he came back from boarding school at Abuja when he was 14, and he uses physical and verbal forms of violence at home, and in front of his "friends". That time, my mum goes to her shop, leaving us in his custody everyday.
There is a time he started his theft. He stole from my mum's shop, and from my aunt, which my mum reported him to the school and had him flogged at the assembly. You won't believe he stole (embezzled) again from that shop to buy "PS2". That said, my mum later close that shop down, and we move to Lagos.
His physical and verbal attacks to my sisters and I worsen, that he would sometimes take our belongings and hide them where it would be out of reach, and later claim as his own.
Meanwhile my father has this abusive antagonist attitude towards my mum.
We later moved to my paternal grandma's place, where the complications became very clear, hurting and has very negative impact on me till this day.
It's was my grandma's owned compound of "face-to-face" two rooms apartment in a slum in Lagos.
Luckily for my sisters, the youngest was living away with my maternal grandmother, and my elder sister later joined her in other to accompany her. But for them, it was another very uncomfortable situation dealing with my boredom, harsh and irritable grandma in the village.
I suffered serious domestic abuse by my brother physically and verbally. I feel very hurt at this point because I couldn't look up to anyone for protection and worse of all, my own father was very much aware! The fellow tenants in that compound has often called to his awareness as his "informants".
Not only that, I was not used to growing up in a slum, dirty environment, poor and uncultured fellow kids as peers who are very manipulative, living with your family of 5 in two rooms.
My brother would belt me in order to "teach me mathematics". This is someone who eventually failed his waec 4 consecutive times, and had to combine results in order to gain admission, after struggling for 7 years.
For fast forward, we moved out from my grandma's place in to another house, then to a batcher and now a simple one room that has worse living conditions.
We all we living together at this point.

To be continued...

Send your email, let me teach you how to make money and how to humble your bro.

But you must be loyal o
Re: . by LikeAking: 2:10am On Apr 26, 2023
woginid967:

Send your email, let me teach you how to make money and how to humble your bro.

But you must be loyal o

Abeg teach me too.
Re: . by Nobody: 2:32am On Apr 26, 2023
Re: . by Nobody: 3:02am On Apr 26, 2023
Advice? It's simple, your dad and your brother doesn't like you. Distance yourself from them if possible. Your mom and sister are on your side, make una huddle together and focus on yourselves.

When you start making money, increase the distance because bullies don't like to see their prey flourishing.
Re: . by sisisioge: 3:21am On Apr 26, 2023
How old are you that your brother is still beating you and you're still crying till now? Yes, you surely had it rough but you're a man now, you need to stand up for yourself.

You passed waec and jamb but been home for 3 years now. You cant continue to be unlucky man!

You got a free ride sponsorship to a good secondary school yet you flunked it because you felt inferior to your peers and because your brother was nasty. Be like say you didnt understand what you went there to do.

Your brother that has been abusing you since you were a child is still doing so into your adulthood and it never occurred to you to go learn how to defend yourself?

Your father with the multitude of kids does not send you yet you still allow him to affect your psych?

Oga, you were unfortunate to be landed into the family you have but there is nothing you can do about that. The only thing within your control is what you can do with yourself. While waiting for Uni biko go learn a craft, learn to defend yourself against your bullying brother and learn to repel negativity. Please read this twice to get what I'm trying to say....All will be well with you.

2 Likes

Re: . by henrimoto(m): 7:14am On Apr 26, 2023
sisisioge:

Oga, you were unfortunate to be landed into the family you have but there is nothing you can do about that. The only thing within your control is what you can do with yourself. ase read this twice to get what I'm trying to ,While waiting for Uni biko go learn a craft, learn to defend yourself against your bullying brother and learn to repel negativity. Pleasa.be well with you.
You can't continue allowing your brother to kill your boldness like this. NA MAN YOU BE!! It's time you stand HEAD TO HEAD with your brother. TOE TO TOE, BLOW FOR BLOW, BLOOD FOR BLOOD.

Just as @sisisioge wrote above. LEARN TO DEFEND YOURSELF! You can't continue like this. You can't continue like this.

You are strong too. You are also Strong. It's time you fight for the libration of Your dignity from both you brother and your father.

1 Like

Re: . by Nemesis0147(m): 7:40am On Apr 26, 2023
Oh
You having seeking for admission for 3 years now and you can't stand up to your brother,,, he will beat you and you will cry....wetin you dy go university go do?

Bros you are man now!!

1 Like

Re: . by Foodqueen(f): 9:33am On Apr 26, 2023
What a family.
Re: . by Ginaz(f): 9:47am On Apr 26, 2023
What have you been doing for the 3yrs you haven't been able to get admission to university? are you working or learning a skill? find something doing to focus your mind on that will be profitable to you.

You haven't done anything substantial all this years, living under the shadow of pains and assaults.

you need to figure out who you are in this life. All you do is complain and complain. Get a Job or learn , do something different.

(1) (Reply)

World’s First Surviving Nonuplets On Excursion To Italy / Will 5k Assorted Meat Be Enough For A Pot Of Pepper Soup / Woman Who Had Her Ovaries Removed Learns That One Had GROWN BACK

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.