Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,956 members, 7,806,771 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:13 PM

Family Intending To Move To Abuja Needs Advice - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Family Intending To Move To Abuja Needs Advice (21641 Views)

Nairalander Needs Advice Regarding Mum And Wife / Married Man Confused After Marriage, Needs Advice / I Resigned From Work In Lagos, Relocated To Abuja To Be With My Girl & Get A Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Family Intending To Move To Abuja Needs Advice by frank33(m): 7:58am On Apr 26, 2023
Hi guys. I really need some advice on this please.

We are a family of 6 and I want to relocate my family from Onitsha to Abuja in order to hopefully have a better life and expose to kids to more.

But I am bothered by the uncertainty of this move.

Is this this good idea?

If you live or have lived in Abuja can you please advice me on where we can live and afford an average life in Abuja in terms of accommodation, feeding and transport.

Also what kind of business can one start up in Abuja as a newcomer with about 10m to survive.

27 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Family Intending To Move To Abuja Needs Advice by naijapikin2(m): 8:10am On Apr 26, 2023
frank33:

We are a family of 6 and I want to relocate my family from Onitsha to Abuja in order to hopefully have a better life and expose to kids to more.

Is this this good idea?

If you live or have lived in Abuja can you please advice me on where we can live and afford an average life in Abuja in terms of accommodation, feeding and transport.

Also what kind of business can one start up in Abuja as a newcomer with about 10m to survive.
I live in Abuja. It's ok here, you may struggle at first just like many of us did, but when the land opens up you will enjoy it. The indigenes are very hospitable. And business here is ok too. You will do well to locate a place where there is constant power supply like apo, some parts of Mpape, arab road in kubwa, and other areas. The best advice I can give you however is...

Hold enough money before coming: at least the amount that will see you through till you stabilize. Money is not picked on the streets of ABUJA o.

Here is my ABUJA story in summary. After NYSC my brother kept pressing me to come, I didn't know he was a squarter
With someone till I landed.today am very ok.
Ciao

147 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Family Intending To Move To Abuja Needs Advice by Nobody: 8:13am On Apr 26, 2023
It depends on your capability, just know your level and don't live in places that'll drain you financially.

44 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Family Intending To Move To Abuja Needs Advice by Nice2023(m): 8:32am On Apr 26, 2023
Abuja is a place meant for descent people and seriously, agbero can't survive here.

I came to this town in 2007 as an IT student and returned after my NYSC in 2010. Man,this town is fantastic with good road and cheapest food ever. I am a family man of 3chidren.

With that budget,u will need to first of all rent a two bedroom or three depending on ur choice area then find other things u can do to survive.

One thing is very sure here,if u are a hardworking person,in 5years u will see how successful u will be.

U can hit me up in case of any assistance of any sort...if u are igbo,yoruba or hausa or any tribe..I can drive u round for free just to make u feel welcome.

Good luck to u.

264 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Family Intending To Move To Abuja Needs Advice by Obi3icebaba(m): 8:34am On Apr 26, 2023
If you want an affordable and secured environment with good facilities and good neighbors for you your kids , get a house in Navy Estate orozo. Get a nice car and start Uber for the main time while you learn more about Abuja and what business you can do

127 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Family Intending To Move To Abuja Needs Advice by Mindlog: 9:54am On Apr 26, 2023
frank33:

Is this this good idea?

It is not advisable to move with your family, immediately. You alone have to go first, to survey what is on ground in terms of business opportunities, accommodation etc with less pressure. If you are okay with your findings then you can rent an accommodation and go back to the East to get your family.

259 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Family Intending To Move To Abuja Needs Advice by Famundpropertie: 10:22am On Apr 26, 2023
Mindlog:

It is not advisable to move with your family, immediately. You alone have to go first, to survey what is on ground in terms of business opportunities, accommodation etc with less pressure. If you are okay with your findings then you can rent an accommodation and go back to the East to get your family.

Supported.

130 Likes 1 Share

Re: Family Intending To Move To Abuja Needs Advice by ecolime(m): 10:43am On Apr 26, 2023
Mindlog:

@OP: Follow this advise.

Go alone first. Establish yourself then bring your family over. 6 months after getting there is enough for you to make a final decision.

80 Likes 1 Share

Re: Family Intending To Move To Abuja Needs Advice by wunmi590(m): 11:10am On Apr 26, 2023

Abuja is expensive to live in terms of accommodation and navigating yourself from one city to the other...

The last time I went there was 2006, and things were not expensive then, but now things has really gone up...

I will advice that if you have somebody there you can stay with alone for like 1month to do your accessment before finally moving your family, it will be good...

Goodluck sir

41 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Family Intending To Move To Abuja Needs Advice by LuvSwollenPussy(m): 12:02pm On Apr 26, 2023
You go there first and invest your 10m wisely before you take your family. All of you can't just go at once nw.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Family Intending To Move To Abuja Needs Advice by 9JAFULLBREED(m): 1:48pm On Apr 26, 2023
Why not JAPA with your family to start afresh instead of moving from one state to another? My opinion tho

frank33:

Is this this good idea?

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Family Intending To Move To Abuja Needs Advice by Divoc19(f): 1:54pm On Apr 26, 2023
Abuja is ready to welcome you.
I'll suggest areas like Dutse, Bwari, Lugbe, Apo or Karu, Nyanya area.
Food business is a sure business too

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Family Intending To Move To Abuja Needs Advice by worried222: 1:57pm On Apr 26, 2023
9JAFULLBREED:
Why not JAPA with your family to start afresh instead of moving from one state to another? My opinion tho

They will come for your head ooo
“Ndi invest in Nigeria” 😆

5 Likes

Re: Family Intending To Move To Abuja Needs Advice by worried222: 1:58pm On Apr 26, 2023
Divoc19:
Your moniker…
Divorced?
Re: Family Intending To Move To Abuja Needs Advice by quincee88(f): 3:40pm On Apr 26, 2023
Abuja will fully and happily welcome you. You can stay in any if these areas: Orozo, jukwoyi, Karu. They are safe, with something close to stable electricity. Among these places, there are estates too, much more safer. You will be alright.

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Family Intending To Move To Abuja Needs Advice by Nemesis0147(m): 5:02pm On Apr 26, 2023
Obi3icebaba:
If you want an affordable and secured environment with good facilities and good neighbors for you your kids , get a house in Navy Estate orozo. Get a nice car and start Uber for the main time while you learn more about Abuja and what business you can do
I have been hearing a lot of good things about this orozo but my problem is it is very far from town and prone to holdup,,,,please do you live around that axis?

3 Likes

Re: Family Intending To Move To Abuja Needs Advice by Obi3icebaba(m): 5:22pm On Apr 26, 2023
Nemesis0147:
I have been hearing a lot of good things about this orozo but my problem is it is very far from town and prone to holdup,,,,please do you live around that axis?

I live at Navy Estate

3 Likes

Re: Family Intending To Move To Abuja Needs Advice by Nemesis0147(m): 5:25pm On Apr 26, 2023
Obi3icebaba:

I live at Navy Estate
how much is your rent

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Family Intending To Move To Abuja Needs Advice by Obi3icebaba(m): 5:44pm On Apr 26, 2023
Nemesis0147:
how much is your rent
300 one bedroom

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Family Intending To Move To Abuja Needs Advice by frank33(m): 5:44pm On Apr 26, 2023
Divoc19:

Thanks for the idea

5 Likes

Re: Family Intending To Move To Abuja Needs Advice by frank33(m): 5:46pm On Apr 26, 2023
quincee88:
Abuja will fully and happily welcome you. You can stay in any if these areas: Orozo, jukwoyi, Karu. They are safe, with something close to stable electricity. Among these places, there are estates too, much more safer. You will be alright.

Thanks. From Google maps though, these places seem very far from town. I wonder if one will truly feel like he's living in Abuja

5 Likes

Re: Family Intending To Move To Abuja Needs Advice by frank33(m): 5:48pm On Apr 26, 2023
9JAFULLBREED:

Can a family relocate to Canada with 10m.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Family Intending To Move To Abuja Needs Advice by Nobody: 6:43pm On Apr 26, 2023
frank33:

Can a family relocate to Canada with 10m.

I suggest you research about taxation in Canada and how the government over there is doing before taking your family there.

6 Likes

Re: Family Intending To Move To Abuja Needs Advice by Rubbiish(m): 7:26pm On Apr 26, 2023
Mindlog:

This is a very sensible advice!
God bless u

@ frank33
I am still trying to understand why anyone would move from any state with a family of 6 when nobody promised u a good job here in abuja? What brought this idea of relocation? You honestly need to review this decision of yours so u don't end up wasting your money here oh. I would have advice u start something in anambra & continue life there. Nothing dey abuja oh...

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Family Intending To Move To Abuja Needs Advice by quincee88(f): 7:44pm On Apr 26, 2023
Nemesis0147:

I stay in Orozo, not much hold up, an hour away from main town. Calm, serene, good electricity. I like it here

4 Likes

Re: Family Intending To Move To Abuja Needs Advice by Rubbiish(m): 8:00pm On Apr 26, 2023
frank33:

Thanks. From Google maps though, these places seem very far from town. I wonder if one will truly feel like he's living in Abuja
This is the reason it is not worth the relocation. These places mentioned are no different from your Onitsha. If u want to live around town or close to town, u are really going to spend hugely on accommodation.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Family Intending To Move To Abuja Needs Advice by Nemesis0147(m): 8:22pm On Apr 26, 2023
quincee88:

I stay in Orozo, not much hold up, an hour away from main town. Calm, serene, good electricity. I like it here
do bolt drivers usually turn up fast when you request for a ride?
Don't be offended please
Re: Family Intending To Move To Abuja Needs Advice by quincee88(f): 12:16am On Apr 27, 2023
Nemesis0147:
do bolt drivers usually turn up fast when you request for a ride?
Don't be offended please

Yes, I haven't experienced any bolt delay more than 5mins. I am equally surprised how fast I often see them. Perhaps there are just many of them this way.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Family Intending To Move To Abuja Needs Advice by frank33(m): 3:49pm On Apr 27, 2023
Rubbiish:

This is the reason it is not worth the relocation. These places mentioned are no different from your Onitsha. If u want to live around town or close to town, u are really going to spend hugely on accommodation.

So you are saying there aren't more opportunities for business or investments in like real estate.

Also what of more exposure for the kids, is it not worth it

5 Likes

Re: Family Intending To Move To Abuja Needs Advice by IyaTola: 4:44pm On Apr 27, 2023
People dey run leave Abj you dey run eneter Abuja, Na onitsha wey suppose reason business u dey run comot

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Family Intending To Move To Abuja Needs Advice by TyroneP(m): 4:51pm On Apr 27, 2023
Real talk... the best advice ever.
Mindlog:

1 Like

Re: Family Intending To Move To Abuja Needs Advice by Rubbiish(m): 4:53pm On Apr 27, 2023
frank33:

So you are saying there aren't more opportunities for business or investments in like real estate.

Also what of more exposure for the kids, is it not worth it
Hmm real estate in abuja?
Landed properties are now ridiculously expensive in outskirts, not even close to town.

The world is now a global village, so long the kids have access to internet, I don't see anything they will learn here that they can't learn in other states, except for those far northern states, because of their religion.

I won't advice anyone moving from one state to another, it is same thing every where. Investing your money in your current location will pay u more than coming to abuja & starting all over again trying to familiarize with the environment. Unless u have a personal reason for wanting to leave your current location.

29 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Golden Eagle Snatches Kid (Video) / My hubby want me to break my sim / What People Don't Know: Why We Pray With Alligator Pepper And Kolanut

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.