Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,441 members, 7,808,578 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:40 PM

Should I Avoid My Mom? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should I Avoid My Mom? (22877 Views)

I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. / Help: My Father Is Killing My Mom Gradually / I'm Not Happy With My Mom's Behaviour Towards My Adopted Sister (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Avoid My Mom? by onlyboyson(m): 1:37pm On Apr 27, 2023
Why will you Avoid your second God who give birth to you
Re: Should I Avoid My Mom? by Coleskilo(m): 1:37pm On Apr 27, 2023
Why
Re: Should I Avoid My Mom? by theophorus(m): 1:39pm On Apr 27, 2023
Hmmm!
Women, Women, Women.

Either young or old, you need to manage dem.

Well, na small out of wetin your Papa suffer for her hand you dey see so ooo.

Imagine if that man was not patient enough, He would have married another Wife and complicate his own Life and you guys would have think He is a demon and would have join the Feminist crew.

6 Likes

Re: Should I Avoid My Mom? by Kellie069(m): 1:41pm On Apr 27, 2023
You already know the solution to your problem. Phone whahala is quite easy to avoid/deal with , pack out and get your peace. Lass lass, na you she go de call to report everybody to.

1 Like

Re: Should I Avoid My Mom? by Exmilitant(m): 1:41pm On Apr 27, 2023
They said there is a stark difference between a mom and a mother. cool

2 Likes

Re: Should I Avoid My Mom? by kelechi50: 1:42pm On Apr 27, 2023
grin
brain54:
Your mom is the real drama queen…

She sounds interesting.

I like her… never a dull moment!

Pls don’t query me oh… sh3 you know my blood pressure will rise?
Re: Should I Avoid My Mom? by Jerryherd: 1:43pm On Apr 27, 2023
grin

Why am I laughing reading this

Your mum definitely used to be a slayqueen that always have her ways

Just try and avoid her as much as possible... If your dad can survive, you can too, just keep your distance

5 Likes

Re: Should I Avoid My Mom? by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 1:43pm On Apr 27, 2023
mrblessed:
All these fault for one person? Who needs a mum like this?
you wan kill am?

2 Likes

Re: Should I Avoid My Mom? by pendragonbladgo(m): 1:44pm On Apr 27, 2023
whyteteeth:
It's draining dealing with my mom everytime she comes to the city to stay in the same house with me. I live in my elder sister's house but she (my sister) stays abroad with her family. I am the last child and I am not married. I work from home though. My mum visits here once in a while. Anytime she comes around she does a lot of things that spoils my mood. For instance, she doesn't like taking her children's advice no matter how important it is to them. She likes having her way all the time. And when we try to stop her, she guilt trips us and emotionally blackmails us.

I have other siblings who do not live with me but they used to come around with their children anytime mom is around. My father is back home and hardly visits. She doesn't listen to my dad if he advices her.

Mom will first and foremost get someone upset, and when the person complains, she will watch out for one negative word that will slip out from your mouth and use it to emotionally blackmail you. She will cry because of what you said to her until you feel guilty and beg her to forgive you. She also likes reporting her child to another of her child without minding if it would damage their relationship.

She likes making her child feel bad so long as she has her way and she is happy. She pays no attention to the feelings of her children anytime she wants anything. For instance, My mom can make you spend money on something that she already has. Sometimes she will drag for something that she doesn't even need. She feels as a mother all her children must make her happy else they don't like her.

Also, She is terrible with conversations both on phone and physically. If you try to have a one on one talk with her, she will make the conversation very unpleasant because she will keep interrupting, next thing she will cry or she will get up and leave you.

She never sees her fault. Even if she apologies, she would do the same thing again and blame you for making her do it.

If she comes around and everywhere is peaceful, after a short while argument will begin which may lead to a fight.

This is because she likes jamming one person with another person and eventually make them quarel. She enjoys adding words that was never in the conversation when she is reporting somebody to another perosn. Most times those words are very hurting and will lead to a fight. And when the fight begins, she will start crying. Sometimes she would intentionally fall on the ground while trying to separate a fight, just to make sure everybody runs helter-skelter trying to get her up on her feet.

She has blood pressure issues, hence she uses that as a weapon to guilt-trip her children so they can succumb to her demands. For instance, if she says things that are not true about her child to another of her child and the person finds out, once you confront her, she would say " don't query me oh, shey you know my blood pressure would soon go up. I didn't kill my mother, don't kill me oh." Or she will just start crying and say the person hates her and what was said isn't true, and that she never said anything like that. She denies the things she says that are bad soon after she says them.

Gosh, I am just tired of my mom. I feel like packing out of this house, blocking her and not letting her come close to me because of how emotionally draining it is everytime she comes around.

Your own is better, I praise my late father for marrying my mother.
Because of my mum, I fear marriage because you don't know what that pretty girl will turn into

8 Likes

Re: Should I Avoid My Mom? by chukwuoke(m): 1:44pm On Apr 27, 2023
whyteteeth:
It's draining dealing with my mom everytime she comes to the city to stay in the same house with me. I live in my elder sister's house but she (my sister) stays abroad with her family. I am the last child and I am not married. I work from home though. My mum visits here once in a while. Anytime she comes around she does a lot of things that spoils my mood. For instance, she doesn't like taking her children's advice no matter how important it is to them. She likes having her way all the time. And when we try to stop her, she guilt trips us and emotionally blackmails us.

I have other siblings who do not live with me but they used to come around with their children anytime mom is around. My father is back home and hardly visits. She doesn't listen to my dad if he advices her.

Mom will first and foremost get someone upset, and when the person complains, she will watch out for one negative word that will slip out from your mouth and use it to emotionally blackmail you. She will cry because of what you said to her until you feel guilty and beg her to forgive you. She also likes reporting her child to another of her child without minding if it would damage their relationship.

She likes making her child feel bad so long as she has her way and she is happy. She pays no attention to the feelings of her children anytime she wants anything. For instance, My mom can make you spend money on something that she already has. Sometimes she will drag for something that she doesn't even need. She feels as a mother all her children must make her happy else they don't like her.

Also, She is terrible with conversations both on phone and physically. If you try to have a one on one talk with her, she will make the conversation very unpleasant because she will keep interrupting, next thing she will cry or she will get up and leave you.

She never sees her fault. Even if she apologies, she would do the same thing again and blame you for making her do it.

If she comes around and everywhere is peaceful, after a short while argument will begin which may lead to a fight.

This is because she likes jamming one person with another person and eventually make them quarel. She enjoys adding words that was never in the conversation when she is reporting somebody to another perosn. Most times those words are very hurting and will lead to a fight. And when the fight begins, she will start crying. Sometimes she would intentionally fall on the ground while trying to separate a fight, just to make sure everybody runs helter-skelter trying to get her up on her feet.

She has blood pressure issues, hence she uses that as a weapon to guilt-trip her children so they can succumb to her demands. For instance, if she says things that are not true about her child to another of her child and the person finds out, once you confront her, she would say " don't query me oh, shey you know my blood pressure would soon go up. I didn't kill my mother, don't kill me oh." Or she will just start crying and say the person hates her and what was said isn't true, and that she never said anything like that. She denies the things she says that are bad soon after she says them.

Gosh, I am just tired of my mom. I feel like packing out of this house, blocking her and not letting her come close to me because of how emotionally draining it is everytime she comes around.

Guy all what you said above you didn't point out exactly what your mom did. Besides if you abandon your mom whose mom will be yours. Mom's degative way of talking sometimes have impact in one's live. Your are the last is the reason you have to listen to her for your progress. Strive to get your own no matter how small it is. Think we'll bros!
Re: Should I Avoid My Mom? by ElValiente(m): 1:45pm On Apr 27, 2023
African mothers na your mate? Sorry bro. Heart to heart talk may help.

1 Like

Re: Should I Avoid My Mom? by Slayar: 1:48pm On Apr 27, 2023
What you described here is normal African mum.

My own advice is to give her enough space as much as you can afford for your own sanity.

Don't ignore her totally she's your mother but keep her at arms length.

1 Like

Re: Should I Avoid My Mom? by Samguine: 1:48pm On Apr 27, 2023
moadxist2:
Patience is a virtue, and the Bible says "honour thy father and thy mother, that your days might be long on earth". You can't bless her, she can bless you. You choose...

Same chapter in Ephesians says parents should not provoke their children to wrath

8 Likes

Re: Should I Avoid My Mom? by starpower(m): 1:50pm On Apr 27, 2023
My dad married 3 out of not being patient. Life is funny.
theophorus:
Hmmm!
Women, Women, Women.

Either young or old, you need to manage dem.

Well, na small out of wetin your Papa suffer for her hand you dey see so ooo.

Imagine if that man was not patient enough, He would have married another Wife and complicate his own Life and you guys would have think He is a demon and would have join the Feminist crew.

4 Likes

Re: Should I Avoid My Mom? by Mitchy49(m): 1:50pm On Apr 27, 2023
moadxist2:
Patience is a virtue, and the Bible says "honour thy father and thy mother, that your days might be long on earth". You can't bless her, she can bless you. You choose...

Stop quoting all these scriptures. Same Ephesians also says parents shouldn't provoke their children to anger, but bring them up in the training and admonition of the Lord

4 Likes

Re: Should I Avoid My Mom? by SeriouslySense(m): 1:50pm On Apr 27, 2023
Just ignore her drama and and flee from her space all the time or go and do some activity, she might understand, although i highly doubt it better still, she will keep doing her drama, but you have to focus on other productive things.

When she sees that you are not responsive she will change her approach.

Tips:
1) avoid sitting to watch television with her, that is where drama will start. For instance, if you are an artist, bring your tools and start a drawing work, be focused on your work and with time, her talks will not be heard. grin grin grin

2) if you have a book, you planned to read, take it along, and read and take notes grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Should I Avoid My Mom? by alphaconde(m): 1:50pm On Apr 27, 2023
u go don post this ur mama pishure during womens day as best mum in the world abi?

6 Likes

Re: Should I Avoid My Mom? by easzypeaszy(m): 1:50pm On Apr 27, 2023
You see ehn..my Momsy no dey jam ppl head..but if i wan divide ur mom to 10 my momsy gt 2%
All of u alrdy kws d kind of mom u hv..if she says anytin mk una no dey value her talks again..tkcr of her but anytin she says no dey tk am personal but i kw its vry difficult n many outsiders wl nt undrstnd.
I use to hv frnds back den.der mama na street figher..but as der dey grow..dey no dey tell her to stop again na look

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should I Avoid My Mom? by Konjiboii: 1:52pm On Apr 27, 2023
God bless all the Mum's but thats part of the defect in women I keep preaching about, even at their old age they are still manipulative, many times they do it for no reason whatsoever other than just attention. When she's no more you will miss the other characters she has that you took for granted.

1 Like

Re: Should I Avoid My Mom? by jimmychang: 1:53pm On Apr 27, 2023
whyteteeth:

From someone who has a father like this.He is never satisfied.I am always at fault.Emotionally blackmail me when he is at fault.I suffered from low self esteem due to his constant emotional abuse it took me years to get myself back.Set me up and beat me blue black because I tolf my step mom that I saw him with another woman.Any time I look at pictures we took together either I was beaten or slapped before that moment so nothing memorable.He is the kind of person that expect everyone to be sad when he is angry.One day he slapped me because I didn't frown or made a sad face because he was angry lol.

I tried to forgive him and he kept making the same mistakes.He is the same person that claims that I am not close to him as if it is my fault.I cut away from him my dear.My step mum is also there too with her own wahala.Just understand them and find a way to ignore them when it is necessary.

3 Likes

Re: Should I Avoid My Mom? by akanfe30: 1:53pm On Apr 27, 2023
You failed to learn from your Dad! Ask yourself how he manages her.

1 Like

Re: Should I Avoid My Mom? by TUANKU(m): 1:54pm On Apr 27, 2023
Look at these idiots jumping to conclusions and blaming the mother after hearing one side of the story.
God knows i will never bring my private issues or family matters on NL, what do you aim to achieve with the opinions of a majority with the IQ of a potted plant.
You allow one idiot for NL dey call your mama "Toxic mom" grin
Re: Should I Avoid My Mom? by SeriouslySense(m): 1:56pm On Apr 27, 2023
smiley
Mitchy49:

Stop quoting all these scriptures. Same Ephesians also says parents shouldn't provoke their children to anger, but bring them up in the training and admonition of the Lord
Re: Should I Avoid My Mom? by GistFullGround: 1:57pm On Apr 27, 2023
whyteteeth:

Your mother must have learnt her character from Nollywood movies and she wants to be an actress just like this woman below; grin

2 Likes

Re: Should I Avoid My Mom? by abobote: 1:58pm On Apr 27, 2023
How can you avoid her when you still living in her daughter's house, get your own apartment first, and we can start from there

1 Like

Re: Should I Avoid My Mom? by tunwumi: 1:58pm On Apr 27, 2023
You are.ready for marriage now.

This is the concept of long lasting marriage your Dad has mastered. Just ignore her. If she like she can cry see it as exercise and ignore those emotional blackmail as if she's speaking a foreign language.

whyteteeth:

Re: Should I Avoid My Mom? by A2Gfather: 1:59pm On Apr 27, 2023
Sincerely, you need to seat down and observe her very well and know her temperament type, from all your complain, she might be Melancholy-Sanguine---

This set of people like to act like Choleric, no matter how it is, your mom is your mom, learn how to relate with her in a calm way, if she request for thing you think is not need by her, just tell her you will get it for her but not now as you are not buoyant at the moment, say it in a friendly manner.

always advice her with the world of God.
I pray she change for better as you hope IJN

1 Like

Re: Should I Avoid My Mom? by brain54(m): 2:00pm On Apr 27, 2023
Soylife:

It sounds interesting until you deal with someone like the mom in life.
This one you want to query me…

My BP will rise o!

Anyway the drama queen just needs love and ATTENTION.

I Don’t think drama queen does all of that out of hatred for her kids. She is just doing what she enjoys… DRAMA.

That’s all!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Avoid My Mom? by wealthpreach(m): 2:01pm On Apr 27, 2023
moadxist2:

Useless advice... Cause your mum isnst like that... You for see as e be first hand.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Different Kinds Of Nigerian/African Fathers And Their Characters (Meme) / Should I Allow My Wife To Leave Our 4 Month-Old-Baby And Start Work? / Why Do Poor People In Our Society Like Having Plenty Kids?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.