Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,175 members, 7,807,564 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:21 PM

Policemen Involved In Money Scrambling At Tinubu’s Trial To Be Arrested - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Policemen Involved In Money Scrambling At Tinubu’s Trial To Be Arrested (7621 Views)

Saraki: Why Is Everyone Pointing Finger At Tinubu? / Osinbanjo Throws Jibes At Tinubu, Tinubu Fires Back; As He Dances To Eyo Steps / Osinbajo At Tinubu’s Residence To Celebrate With Him (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Policemen Involved In Money Scrambling At Tinubu’s Trial To Be Arrested by ak47mann(m): 2:22pm On Sep 24, 2011
Igp Orders Arrest Of Policemen •for Scrambling For Money During Tinubu’s Trial

Inspector-General of Police, Hafiz Ringim, has ordered the arrest and trial of policemen involved in scramble for money at the Code of Conduct Tribunal, venue of the trial of former Lagos State governor, Senator Bola Tinubu, on Wednesday.

Informed police sources disclosed to Saturday Tribune that Ringim had directed the Commissioner of Police in the Federal Capital Territory (FCT), Mike Zuokumor, to get those that were involved in the “show of shame.”

The IGP was said to have expressed resentment after telephone calls to him by concerned citizens over the photograph showing the policemen in the act, which he described an embarrassment to not only the force, but the nation.

Some national dailies had published the picture  on Thursday.

The force spokesman, Olusola Amore, a deputy commissioner of police, told Saturday Tribune that the photograph was an embarrassment to the force and that the IGP had directed the investigation of the case.

Meanwhile, there are strong indications that Senator Tinubu may be charged to a regular court for the criminal aspect of the charge preferred against him at the Code of Conduct Tribunal by the Federal Government.

A three-count charge was slammed on him for allegedly operating 16 foreign accounts while in office as governor between 1999 and 2007.

He was docked by the tribunal on Wednesday, but the trial could not go on due to the amendment made to the charge against him which required him to go and study it before coming back on 26 October for his plea.

He had consistently maintained his innocence.

A highly-placed source told Saturday Tribune that it was likely that he would still have his day in the regular court for the criminal aspect of the charge against him, which the tribunal could not handle due to its regimented statutory and constitutional powers.

The source noted that the trial at the tribunal may have to run to an end before the one in the regular court could take off, since the case before the tribunal would be used to determine the level of criminality involved in the alleged crime.

The source added that if he should be convicted of the counts, especially the first count which border on operating and maintaining foreign accounts, then he would be equally guilty of the second charge which border on false declaration on oath to the Code of Conduct Bureau, then it is certain that he would be charged to the regular court for perjury and criminal conduct trial.

http://www.tribune.com.ng/sat/index.php/front-page-articles/5327-igp-orders-arrest-of-policemen-for-scrambling-for-money-during-tinubus-trial-ex-lagos-gov-may-face-fresh-trial.html

Re: Policemen Involved In Money Scrambling At Tinubu’s Trial To Be Arrested by ak47mann(m): 2:24pm On Sep 24, 2011
SEE OUR SECURITIES SHAME AND WE THINK NIGERIA IS NOT IN A BIG TROUBLE angry angry angry

ACN still feeding them with corrupt money grin grin
Re: Policemen Involved In Money Scrambling At Tinubu’s Trial To Be Arrested by stormm: 3:57pm On Sep 24, 2011
ak47mann:

SEE OUR SECURITIES SHAME AND WE THINK NIGERIA IS NOT IN A BIG TROUBLE angry angry angry

But for your ignorance, so ACN is the government at the centre that impoverished and decimated the police force, abi? If your GEJ has turned the police force into hungry area boys, is that the making of ACN or is it so special when 'alayes' corner you at a function and start praise-singing? If Tinubu now responded by giving them 'something' to ameliorate their situation, it means he's stolen ACN money shocked

Is ignorance the same thing as stupidity?
Re: Policemen Involved In Money Scrambling At Tinubu’s Trial To Be Arrested by ak47mann(m): 4:04pm On Sep 24, 2011
stormm:

But for your ignorance, so ACN is the government at the centre that impoverished and decimated the police force, abi? If your GEJ has turned the police force into hungry area boys, is that the making of ACN or is it so special when 'alayes' corner you at a function and start praise-singing? If Tinubu now responded by giving them 'something' to ameliorate their situation, it means he's stolen ACN money shocked

Is ignorance the same thing as stupidity?
You can say that again to your ACN/tinumbu undecided cant you read?

quote The force spokesman, Olusola Amore, a deputy commissioner of police, told Saturday Tribune that the photograph was an embarrassment to the force and that the IGP had directed the investigation of the case.

second quote Meanwhile, there are strong indications that Senator Tinubu may be charged to a regular court for the criminal aspect of the charge preferred against him at the Code of Conduct Tribunal by the Federal Government.

A three-count charge was slammed on him for allegedly operating 16 foreign accounts while in office as governor between 1999 and 2007.

He was docked by the tribunal on Wednesday, but the trial could not go on due to the amendment made to the charge against him which required him to go and study it before coming back on 26 October for his plea.

as far as i know ACN runs 5 states in Nigeria so they are part of the problem,why fueling the problem to make GEJ govt look bad,
Re: Policemen Involved In Money Scrambling At Tinubu’s Trial To Be Arrested by stormm: 4:45pm On Sep 24, 2011
So to you ignorance is bliss, abi? goodluck.

Oh, you work with Tribune grin grin,

ak47mann:

as far as i know ACN runs 5 states in Nigeria so they are part of the problem,why fueling the problem to make GEJ govt look bad,

Your opinion betrayed your ignorance and bias.
Re: Policemen Involved In Money Scrambling At Tinubu’s Trial To Be Arrested by Pukkah: 8:01pm On Sep 24, 2011
The entire Police organization is a 'show of shame' in all ramifications. Where was the IG when his policemen were scrambling for Dame Patience Jonathan's bags of rice.

In essence, this is just a knee-jerk response. He must roll up his sleeves, though I doubt if he has the willingness and ability, and clean the Augean stable which the Police have become.
Re: Policemen Involved In Money Scrambling At Tinubu’s Trial To Be Arrested by JamesDoe: 8:26pm On Sep 24, 2011
The picture above doesn't really show any evidence of what the headline purports.

Where is the money being thrown around?
Is this in the grounds of the courts. Why then does it not show the court?
Where are the ACN chieftains throwing the money, unmask them!
The pix looks like police scrambling for something - beating someone up maybe?

I'm surprised that corruption in the NPF is news to the Inspector General. He sure is very slow,
Re: Policemen Involved In Money Scrambling At Tinubu’s Trial To Be Arrested by Nobody: 9:06pm On Sep 24, 2011
Chei! what a messe!

U can now see why boko haram has succeeded in infiltrating the force.

Which of these officers wouldn't sale his uniform and conscience if offered N500k!

No bi their faulty sha! Na result of GEJ's highly improved economy! lipsrsealed
Re: Policemen Involved In Money Scrambling At Tinubu’s Trial To Be Arrested by redsun(m): 9:26pm On Sep 24, 2011
Where did the money come from?Who sprayed the money?The last i heard,i heard money spraying is illegal in nigeria.
Re: Policemen Involved In Money Scrambling At Tinubu’s Trial To Be Arrested by Nobody: 3:33am On Sep 25, 2011
as long as we have stupid fools who will go to any extent to defend the tinubus and the GEJs and the Buhari's of this world(IBB,OBJ and co included) we will never move more than 1 inch every decade while other african countries are moving mountains we are busy praising or abusing the same people that have ruled us all our lives,go through all these names and tell me anyone who has never had anyone in high places before they also held offices
shame
Re: Policemen Involved In Money Scrambling At Tinubu’s Trial To Be Arrested by Nobody: 3:38am On Sep 25, 2011
Excuse me! I am sorry to say this!Are the police not really taken  care of by the government of Nigeria!? I can see their uniforms are rumpled and the quality like the trampoline! To be sincere, the Nigerian police are very scary. They look so haggard that you would run seeing them at first sight!
Re: Policemen Involved In Money Scrambling At Tinubu’s Trial To Be Arrested by aljharem3: 3:41am On Sep 25, 2011
milehigh06:

as long as we have silly fools who will go to any extent to defend the tinubus and the GEJs and the Buhari's of this world(IBB,OBJ and co included) we will never move more than 1 inch every decade while other african countries are moving mountains we are busy praising or abusing the same people that have ruled us all our lives,go through all these names and tell me anyone who has never had anyone in high places before they also held offices
shame

+50
Re: Policemen Involved In Money Scrambling At Tinubu’s Trial To Be Arrested by clip: 3:48am On Sep 25, 2011
It is lack of proper training that is the problem of the Nigeria Police
Re: Policemen Involved In Money Scrambling At Tinubu’s Trial To Be Arrested by ideylaff: 4:17am On Sep 25, 2011
The IGP has made no comment on the ABSU rape yet he his out to talk about wan yeye daily policemen chasing money, based on a newspaper picture,

what a SMELLY BUNCH OF IDIOTS RUNNING THE COUNTRY,
Re: Policemen Involved In Money Scrambling At Tinubu’s Trial To Be Arrested by mrewe: 4:23am On Sep 25, 2011
what do you expect in a country like Nigeria?
Re: Policemen Involved In Money Scrambling At Tinubu’s Trial To Be Arrested by cold(m): 4:29am On Sep 25, 2011
I don't get this. Who was doing the spraying?Tinubu or who?
Re: Policemen Involved In Money Scrambling At Tinubu’s Trial To Be Arrested by clip: 5:39am On Sep 25, 2011
When are we all going to stop the complaining take action against every for injustice.
Re: Policemen Involved In Money Scrambling At Tinubu’s Trial To Be Arrested by TenKobo1: 6:52am On Sep 25, 2011
And they still call this police!!!
Re: Policemen Involved In Money Scrambling At Tinubu’s Trial To Be Arrested by werepeLeri: 7:28am On Sep 25, 2011
So Tinubu - a public officer - throws money at the police?

Na wa o.

and what is it in the picture to suggest those men were scrambling for money?

We all know there is nowhere in the Code of Conduct tribunal that looks like that in the picture. And what were the officers doing emerging from the bush when in actual fact there is no bush around the CoC premises as shown in the picture?
Re: Policemen Involved In Money Scrambling At Tinubu’s Trial To Be Arrested by doctokwus: 7:36am On Sep 25, 2011
D pix evidence is inconclusive.I can't find d 'Sprayer',d 'item(mony)',d only tin here are d 'sprayees'.As far as I c it,d IGP has no case dt can stand in any court worth its salt
Re: Policemen Involved In Money Scrambling At Tinubu’s Trial To Be Arrested by fjjc(m): 7:44am On Sep 25, 2011
that tells you that the police force in nigeria are not well paid if not you will not find a security agent scramble for money in that situation.god help us in this country
Re: Policemen Involved In Money Scrambling At Tinubu’s Trial To Be Arrested by kamikazzi(m): 8:13am On Sep 25, 2011
The IGP should shut up. He wud av joined the struggle if he was there. He's only arresting them for not sending his share. All 9ja cops r thieves
Re: Policemen Involved In Money Scrambling At Tinubu’s Trial To Be Arrested by Nobody: 9:05am On Sep 25, 2011
Na wa o, People should take a deep look at the picture before posting comment. Those officers are not in anyway scrambling for money. They are beating up somebody on the floor (check well) & besides where is the money?
Re: Policemen Involved In Money Scrambling At Tinubu’s Trial To Be Arrested by slap1(m): 9:21am On Sep 25, 2011
There's no money as far as I can see. Given the surrounding, it's even fair to conclude that the officers are after a bush meat.
Re: Policemen Involved In Money Scrambling At Tinubu’s Trial To Be Arrested by Anvaller: 9:38am On Sep 25, 2011
I am laughing at some here trying to argue like lawyers.

@Jamesdoe [/b]who argued that the pix can not prove that the police were scrambling for money because he did not see any money. He now went ahead to believe that the police were probably beating up someone. What a very flat and biased argument!!! Did he see who the police were beating in the picture just like he didn't see the money they were scrambling for?

[b]@Yem-yem
He or she believe strongly that the police were beating up someone, yem-yem must be looking at a different picture. If it was the same picture, every one captured in it were police. Both guys under, kneeling and bending forward has police trousers and shoes, could they be civilian in police uniform, u may tell me about it if u have seen more than I have seen in this picture?

@doctokwus He believes that the image in the picture can not be taken as exhibit in any court but he is probably not aware that such can be taken as an exhibit if it is accompanied by eyewitnesses which is possible in this case. U may not know that eyewitness accounts are most times taken more seriously in the court than even pictures.

@slap 1 Although his argument looks sarcastic but if there are no eyewitnesses, it might be difficult for the other lawyer to strike out his argument just like I have struck out the argument of the 1st 3. Because th 1st 3 were arguing that they were not scrambling for money but the 3 failed to put up a good argument for what the police could be scrambling for which slap1 has done here. Can anyone strike out slap1's argument that they are not scrambling for bushmeat?
Re: Policemen Involved In Money Scrambling At Tinubu’s Trial To Be Arrested by werepeLeri: 9:47am On Sep 25, 2011
^^^

So whats your own argument.

The surroundings does not in any way look like the surroundings of the Code of Conduct Tribunal. Do you want pictures, I will go there right away and post.
Re: Policemen Involved In Money Scrambling At Tinubu’s Trial To Be Arrested by Anvaller: 9:56am On Sep 25, 2011
@Werepeleri

Sorry I have modified my post, u may check the last paragraph. I am leaning on slap 1's side. And I advised that some one may give a counter argument to slap 1's.
Re: Policemen Involved In Money Scrambling At Tinubu’s Trial To Be Arrested by meerkat(m): 10:35am On Sep 25, 2011
I was dia when d pix was taken. The police (men and women) where waiting for a truck that will take them to a riot scene when a huge bokoharamic snake slitherd out of the bush and bit one of the poliemen on the toe. So the policemen converged on the snake in anger and are trying to teach the snake the lesson of its life with clubs and battons before trowing it behind bars for attacking a uniformed man. grin grin grin grin And the ones coming out from the bush went to look for the snakes siblings when the xplosives tie to the snake's back detonated and all died except me. tongue tongue tongue

Olodos and otondos, money sprayer ko money sprayee ni. mtcheew lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Policemen Involved In Money Scrambling At Tinubu’s Trial To Be Arrested by JamesDoe: 10:46am On Sep 25, 2011
@ Anvallar

Go and look up the definition of "maybe" in an English dictionary.

OLODO!
Re: Policemen Involved In Money Scrambling At Tinubu’s Trial To Be Arrested by Anvaller: 11:13am On Sep 25, 2011
JamesDoe:

@ Anvallar

Go and look up the definition of "maybe" in an English dictionary.

OLODO!

U are are washing your dirty linen in the public. For that reason, I don't need to ask whats your level of education, I have already known it.  If u know the meaning of "maybe" I am sure you dont know the meaning of "probably" as reflected in my comment otherwise you wouldn't have written what u wrote. Look the word "probably" up in your dictionary and tell me the meaning.

Tell me how this is different from ur post's impresssion "He now went ahead to believe that the police were PROBABLY beating up someone." or did I make things difficult for u cos I did not copy your statement word for word?

U may also want to know what it means when words are synonymous to each other. I hate that I am giving u an elementary assignment but I have to if u need to be rescued.

Get your self busy with this home work.

Homie.
Re: Policemen Involved In Money Scrambling At Tinubu’s Trial To Be Arrested by bossinie: 11:38am On Sep 25, 2011
Why is it difficult for some of you guys boys to focus on issues without digressing into frivolous sentiments that will eventually not translate into any productive contributions to the post
Re: Policemen Involved In Money Scrambling At Tinubu’s Trial To Be Arrested by baslone: 11:38am On Sep 25, 2011
ak47mann:

And ACN also gave Dame Patient corrupt money to also feed them with bags of rice!

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-522694.0.html

(1) (2) (Reply)

Explosion In Lagos As Vandals Rupture NNPC Pipeline / FG Demands $62bn PSC Arrears From Oil Majors / Breaking News: President Buhari Accuses Obama Of Aiding Boko Haram

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.