Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,752 members, 7,806,068 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:56 AM

Which Model Of Blackberry Has The Best Camera Quality? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Which Model Of Blackberry Has The Best Camera Quality? (23400 Views)

Tecno Camon C8 Vs Tecno Boom J8 Which One Is Better in terms of Camera Quality? / Etisalat Reduces Price Of Blackberry Plan / Internet Connection Using Phone - Which Model Of Nokia Phone Is The Best? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Model Of Blackberry Has The Best Camera Quality? by george31(m): 3:47pm On Sep 24, 2011
Which Model of Blackberry has the best camera quality??

I need it for my site jobs so as to update my blogs and threads on nairaland.

Anyone with info pls drop it here.

Thanks good people,
Re: Which Model Of Blackberry Has The Best Camera Quality? by Nobody: 6:19pm On Sep 24, 2011
My dear sir, google is your friend. It took me less than 100 seconds (slow internet connection) to find out that the Blackberry Torch 9810 arguably has the best camera quality in comparison with other Blackberry devices.
Re: Which Model Of Blackberry Has The Best Camera Quality? by texazzpete(m): 9:01am On Sep 25, 2011
Fortissimo:

My dear sir, google is your friend. It took me less than 100 seconds (slow internet connection) to find out that the Blackberry Torch 9810 arguably has the best camera quality in comparison with other Blackberry devices.

All the top tier OS7 handsets (9900, 9930, 9810 etc) have the same camera module and are thus at par at the top of the BB camera chart
Re: Which Model Of Blackberry Has The Best Camera Quality? by bimbor(m): 2:39pm On Sep 25, 2011
Yeah, the new 9810 got d best BB camera quality, !
Re: Which Model Of Blackberry Has The Best Camera Quality? by Nobody: 3:21pm On Sep 25, 2011
texazzpete:

All the top tier OS7 handsets (9900, 9930, 9810 etc) have the same camera module and are thus at par at the top of the BB camera chart

Yeah they are more or less the same, but based on Engadget reviews, that which I mentioned takes slightly better pictures.
Re: Which Model Of Blackberry Has The Best Camera Quality? by Nobody: 3:37pm On Sep 25, 2011
texazzpete:

Sorry, I can't modify my initial post.

Yeah they are more or less the same, but based on Engadget reviews, that which I mentioned takes slightly better pictures. Here is some text quoted from the venerable Engadget:

BOLD

In theory the camera has clear focus out to infinity, but the reality is EDoF makes macro shots impossible. In our sample gallery you'll see up-close shots of the flowers are blurred, and while your average executive won't be pulling this phone out of his trouser pocket to catch a passing daffodil in bloom, he probably will want to take close-up snaps of the business cards handed to him at last week's sales mixer. The 9900's camera isn't particularly well suited for the job.

TORCH 9850

Like the new Bold, the Torch 9850 packs a five-megapixel camera on the back, but unlike that one we have a proper autofocus lens here. This means you have the risk of capturing a genuinely out-of-focus image, but the camera does a far better job at grabbing macros than the EDoF lens on the 9930. You can see that in the close-up flower shots in the gallery below. Overall, we found images to look decent here, showing good color reproduction in general, but none succeeded in knocking our dress socks off.

Video capture is at 720p and our footage looks reasonably good, with only a bit of focus-hunting on display. The only notable issue is some jiggle distortion that serves to make things a little livelier than they should. Finally, with no front-facing webcam, video chat is left completely out of the equation.

TORCH 9810

There's a lot more to it than just megapixel count, however. The digital zoom was extended from 2X to 4X, and geotagging and Face Detection were also added to the 9810's still camera. The continuous autofocus on the Torch 9810 gives us the opportunity to enjoy little to no lag when snapping image -- a boon when trying to take pictures of moving objects or smiling babies. If it doesn't fit your needs, though, there are options for single-shot and zero autofocus for your choosing. Macro shots turned out much better than those taken on the 9930's EDoF lens. The camera took respectable photos at all times of day -- a cloudy morning, high noon and low-light evenings all offered the right amounts of exposure.

End of quote

From the above, the Torch 9810's camera seems to be the best. I stand to be corrected.
Re: Which Model Of Blackberry Has The Best Camera Quality? by Nobody: 3:28pm On Sep 29, 2011
hahaha, it's nice to see that people are comparing the cameras in the BB. The technology for having such tiny cameras are based on what is called CMOS image sensors, and i am glad to be part of a design team of the company that provides the image sensors on all the recent Blackberry phones!
Re: Which Model Of Blackberry Has The Best Camera Quality? by tellwisdom: 3:59pm On Sep 29, 2011
Im using 9850 TORCH and the camera is madtttttttt and too clear, i just pray you cld afford it grin
Re: Which Model Of Blackberry Has The Best Camera Quality? by lanrefront1(m): 4:01pm On Sep 29, 2011
All those phones top blackberry phones guys are mentioning are like 70 or 80something thousand.

My first question is: is it essential that the phone must be a blackberry. If pinging is not really that important for you, but what you need really is a phone with a good camera, maybe you should consider other phones. The truth is, when it comes to camera and multimedia capabilites, blackberry phones are one of tie weakest. A phones like nokia 8 (king among them) or E72, E6 or E7 will do a much better job for u in this department.

And maybe you already have a blackberry and not satisfied with tie camera; just get any of this old Nokia S60 phones 5mp phone. Any of them take better than most blackberry phones. The old Nokia N82, 5mp with the strongest Xenon flash which is now so cheap will take better pictures than even the most expensive blackberry, especially for taking inside shots of sites where the light may be low.

But if it must really be a blackberry and no other, then I guess u really have to get tie most expensive ones.

Generally, nowadays, no matter what phone you hold, even if it's samsung galaxy SII, girls believe a blackberry phone is more expensive or a better phone. Infact I no just undertand the craze of girls with blackberry in this times.
Re: Which Model Of Blackberry Has The Best Camera Quality? by Nobody: 4:02pm On Sep 29, 2011
iTouch has a very good image quality. The resolution is equivalent to iPhone 3gx camera pixel.
Re: Which Model Of Blackberry Has The Best Camera Quality? by Nobody: 4:31pm On Sep 29, 2011
didnt know people buy bb for camera i tot it was only for pingy dude get a nokia phone 5mp to 8 or 12
Re: Which Model Of Blackberry Has The Best Camera Quality? by lanrefront1(m): 4:31pm On Sep 29, 2011
tellwisdom:

Im using 9850 TORCH and the camera is madtttttttt and too clear, i just pray you cld afford it grin

Most people that use blackberry phones have never used a top notch nokia or samsung phone, that's why they will think a blackberry camera is extra-ordinary. It's okay. That's it. Nothing more.

People don't even knows that their emails can enter automatically on nokia, htc, and Samsung smartphones, just like it does on blackberry. The only different thing about blackberry is Pinging.
Re: Which Model Of Blackberry Has The Best Camera Quality? by Alorauk(m): 4:32pm On Sep 29, 2011
Am using both the Blackberry Bold 9900 and Blackberry Bold 9930, in all honesty, Blackberry Bold 9930 is the best among all the blackberry models.
If you don't believe me, try and buy the two and then compare them, ( if only you can afford it)
Re: Which Model Of Blackberry Has The Best Camera Quality? by Okijajuju1(m): 4:47pm On Sep 29, 2011
Uncle, We know you can afford to go and collect a phone from any of the network providers for 30 pounds on a 5 year plan, that dosent mean you could afford it, but rather that you could finance it, angry
Re: Which Model Of Blackberry Has The Best Camera Quality? by lanrefront1(m): 4:50pm On Sep 29, 2011
Alorauk:

Am using both the Blackberry Bold 9900 and Blackberry Bold 9930, in all honesty, Blackberry Bold 9930 is the best among all the blackberry models.
If you don't believe me, try and buy the two and then compare them, ( if only you can afford it)

What a very funny statement. Even if he can afford it, you mean he should get up, leave home, go to the stores and buy two very expensive phones just for the sake of comparison. Even those running tie popular phone websites don't buy the phones.

Why not advise the guy to go and check out and compare both on net.
Re: Which Model Of Blackberry Has The Best Camera Quality? by Andrew3(m): 5:02pm On Sep 29, 2011
watchout for playbook 2, in beta test now.
Re: Which Model Of Blackberry Has The Best Camera Quality? by TeskyMan(m): 5:18pm On Sep 29, 2011
Alorauk:

Guy,

Why people they use 2 Black Berry Phones? I just wan know?
Re: Which Model Of Blackberry Has The Best Camera Quality? by nodullin(m): 5:39pm On Sep 29, 2011

^^^^^^^^^^^^
@ alorauk>>> sick ass talk,   angry angry angry

Re: Which Model Of Blackberry Has The Best Camera Quality? by tellwisdom: 5:50pm On Sep 29, 2011
Most people that use blackberry phones have never used a top notch nokia or samsung phone, that's why they will think a blackberry camera is extra-ordinary. It's okay. That's it. Nothing more.

People don't even knows that their emails can enter automatically on nokia, htc, and Samsung smartphones, just like it does on blackberry. The only different thing about blackberry is Pinging.

My brother, i must confess to you that the best photo phone is SONY ERICSON, i used sony ericson all my life(first 3 of the top ones) and i still remain no1 fan of it. But since the guy wanted BB, i've got no choice than to introduce him to the exact one im using presently. But i must tell you, SONY ERICSON is the best when it comes to picture taking. Trust me wink
Re: Which Model Of Blackberry Has The Best Camera Quality? by aieromon(m): 6:04pm On Sep 29, 2011
Do any of these crapberries carry a 8MP camera with Xenon flash
All i see are yellow tinted images.
Re: Which Model Of Blackberry Has The Best Camera Quality? by sejlo1: 7:07pm On Sep 29, 2011
i have got a Blackberry Torch for N65k, kindly check my last post for details and pictures.
Re: Which Model Of Blackberry Has The Best Camera Quality? by 3kay945(m): 7:18pm On Sep 29, 2011
Sonyericson still remain best., blackberry cant stand small SE,k770i
Re: Which Model Of Blackberry Has The Best Camera Quality? by lanrefront1(m): 8:01pm On Sep 29, 2011
Actually it's not Sonyericsson. Sony may be one of the best manufacturers of cameras, but when it comes to camera phones and optics, Nokia is King. From 2007, tie best camera phones have been N82, N86 and now N8 is the undisputed best camera phone in tie world. Infact, it's optics, sensor size and picture and video quality beats most handheld cameras, even cybershots. To get standalone cameras that can compete with the N8 specs, you have ve enter into the 300 dollar range.

Oh, yes. Make a research, like they say, google is your friend. Wikipedia too.
tellwisdom:

My brother, i must confess to you that the best photo phone is SONY ERICSON, i used sony ericson all my life(first 3 of the top ones) and i still remain no1 fan of it. But since the guy wanted BB, i've got no choice than to introduce him to the exact one im using presently. But i must tell you, SONY ERICSON is the best when it comes to picture taking. Trust me wink
Re: Which Model Of Blackberry Has The Best Camera Quality? by aieromon(m): 8:32pm On Sep 29, 2011
lanre_front:

Actually it's not Sonyericsson. Sony may be one of the best manufacturers of cameras, but when it comes to camera phones and optics, Nokia is King. From 2007, tie best camera phones have been N82, N86 and now N8 is the undisputed best camera phone in tie world. Infact, it's optics, sensor size and picture and video quality beats most handheld cameras, even cybershots. To get standalone cameras that can compete with the N8 specs, you have ve enter into the 300 dollar range.

Oh, yes. Make a research, like they say, google is your friend. Wikipedia too.

You sabi knack am akpako cool
Re: Which Model Of Blackberry Has The Best Camera Quality? by N101: 9:14pm On Sep 29, 2011
lanre_front:

Generally, nowadays, no matter what phone you hold, even if it's samsung galaxy SII, girls believe a blackberry phone is more expensive or a better phone. Infact I no just undertand the craze of girls with blackberry in this times.

Please please please, I beg  you, don't make them think otherwise.  It allows the rest of us to get the better phones at reasonable prices.  If they catch on that a BB is not a better phone we buyers will pay for it!  grin  grin
Re: Which Model Of Blackberry Has The Best Camera Quality? by Digriz(m): 10:16pm On Sep 29, 2011
wat abt lantern grin grin
lanre_front:

Re: Which Model Of Blackberry Has The Best Camera Quality? by lilkech(m): 12:02am On Sep 30, 2011
I cant believe u peeps have 4gotn nokia 3310, na wah oh
Re: Which Model Of Blackberry Has The Best Camera Quality? by antonion(m): 8:41am On Sep 30, 2011
I'll say just buy a camera Blackberry doesn't have a phone with good quality of photographs, i've tried Blackberry Curve 8520 , Blackberry 9500 ,Black berry Touch , all of them its rubbish when it come to the camera but they are the best phone that outplayed iPhone

(1) (2) (Reply)

Tecno Fans Outing At Tarkwa Bay, Lagos (Photos) / Tecno N7 Is Officially Out / How To You Remove The Tempar Mod On Phcn?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.