Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,133,830 members, 7,745,259 topics. Date: Friday, 23 February 2024 at 02:33 AM

Karma, Does It Exist? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Karma, Does It Exist? (10976 Views)

Juju Mirror! Does It Exist? / Seun Doesn't Exist / They Are Many Ways The THEIST God Can Prove It Exist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Karma, Does It Exist? by paxonel(m): 10:13am On May 07, 2023
correctguy101:

You used the word MAY. It already renders your example moot as to Karma.
yes!
Meaning, Karma may not occur or one can escape it if he is lucky. But mostly it usually occurs and one most times do not luckily escape it

And did you just say you'll become a new creature and the former actions are now rendered invalid?
yes!
according to the scripture in the bible i quoted, it is rendered invalid to the dead. But so long one is alife, infact you will have to face the consequences of the sins another person committed.

In society, depends on the extent of the degradable action else, jail terms await you if you're ever found out.

To be candid, any so-called born again should own up and report himself to the necessary authorities and see if the actions of the past creature will affect the new creature... shocked

Ah, if you mean when someone dies, it applies to everyone, Christian or not. Death ends it all. Only very few gets recycled with same elements.
christians do not believe that death ends it all, and that's a benefit

What does this ancestor even know about your belief systems? Since my disillusionment, I've never bothered to look back.
?
Re: Karma, Does It Exist? by Edusouls(m): 10:16am On May 07, 2023
yrhuhfy113:
wealth can cheat karma.
yes ur right just like the ekweremmadus cheated it with their wealth

1 Like

Re: Karma, Does It Exist? by correctguy101(m): 10:17am On May 07, 2023
paxonel:
yes!
Meaning, Karma may not occur or one can escape it if he is lucky. But mostly it usually occurs and one most times do not luckily escape it
yes!
according to the scripture in the bible i quoted, it is rendered invalid to the dead. But so long one is alife, infact you will have to face the consequences of the sins another person committed.
christians do not believe that death ends it all, and that's a benefit
?

I envy you believers... grin
Re: Karma, Does It Exist? by correctguy101(m): 10:19am On May 07, 2023
Edusouls:
yes ur right just like the ekweremmadus cheated it with their wealth

No mind am, the guy is suffering from Nigerian Syndrome
Re: Karma, Does It Exist? by chukkystar(m): 10:20am On May 07, 2023
Corridon:
It doesn't. Evil people keep progressing and succeeding in what they are doing while the righteous ones suffers.
depends on your definition of progress. Cos if it's only Financial then that isn't progress enough
Re: Karma, Does It Exist? by yrhuhfy113: 10:20am On May 07, 2023
Speedition:

You lie, In a sane clime your wealth can’t help.
What has wealth done for Sen. Ike Ekweremadu?

All of you shouting ekeweremadu really are not thinking well....... DO YOU KNOW HE WOULD HAVE GOTTEN AWAY WITH IT IN NIGERIA?

a WISE POLITICIAN IN NIGERIA... is a DUMBBBBASS FOOOOL in a first world country

their corrupt politicians there will be gods here.

so be calm. WEALTH CHEATS KARMA
Re: Karma, Does It Exist? by musicwriter(m): 10:21am On May 07, 2023
paxonel:
According to Merriam-webster, the word "Karma" was first used in 1827 by Buddhists and Hinduists whio described an ethical subjected principle that says "you reap what you sow ".
They held that there is a force generated by a person's actions which has ethical consequences to determine the nature of the person's next existence(even up to the person's after-life).

Certainly, going by human natural experiences, this ethical principle called Karma has been proven valid and is responsible for the many fortunes and misfortunes we go through today in our lives.
For instance, a man who send his child to school(formally or informally) may end up having the child becoming wealthy and knowledgeable, and the one who refuses to send his child to school may have the child battling poverty in the future and put the blame to some witches and wizards in village.

But what does the bible say about Karma, do Christians believe that this principle still have effect to their after-life even after they die?

2 Corinthians 5:17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

This also suggest that the old creature died away the day you died, and you are now a new being not having the sins of your past life inputed in you.

Paul says in Galatians 2:20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I NOW live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

Obviously,according these scriptures if Karma is anything to go by, it ends abruptly the day you die as a Christian, but the effects thereafter lives on even up to generations

Karma exists but it's not what religion is teaching. It means that people don't actually understand what it is.

Do you hear those mass shooting in Europe or America?
Those are descendants of those who murdered innocent people hundreds of years ago to take over land that doesn't belong to them. And though it happened hundreds or thousands of years ago but parents already passed the traits of mudderers to their children. Their children would continue to be blood thirsty until they free, redeem or save themselves.

This includes those Africans you see today selling their children. Those are descendants of those that participated in slave trade. Their descendants are doomed to want to sell or enslave another human being.

Yes, you shall reap what you sow.

Unfortunately, if such a descendant comes from a wealthy family, they'll oppress people with their wealth. And if they're politician and leaders, they'll sell you out and take money and put inside their pockets. Their bloodline would continue that way down the line, until they free, save, redeem themselves.

By the way, that's the true context for "you shall reap what you sow" and also being "saved" as understood by the ancients but which has unfortunately been misunderstood and bastardized by religions.

Nobody can redeem or save you but yourself.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Karma, Does It Exist? by Nobody: 10:25am On May 07, 2023
bolabadmus38:

Please, there's God. Please,do any menial jobs at least to feed yourself and pray to God. A lot of people are also passing through a lot too. I know of a friend who was sacked in a bank and couldn't get any meaningful thing for ten years. Very depressed but hoping in God. Today he's is over three years in US doing great. Everyone has his time to move. Sometimes a car get stuck in a mud but will later move either being removed or find it's way out. Believe in God Almighty.
Where is the menial job
Re: Karma, Does It Exist? by Zealag(m): 10:32am On May 07, 2023
Abacha is still doing transfer in foreign currencies anytime he likes from the grave,and Nigerians are still suffering daily bcz the transfers always enter the wrong hands and you believe karma exists?Stop playing,juz focus on ur life
Re: Karma, Does It Exist? by lolu2019: 10:34am On May 07, 2023
yrhuhfy113:
wealth can cheat karma.
big lie,karma goes along with reincarnation.so,u have no where to run to.
Re: Karma, Does It Exist? by jojothaiv(m): 10:35am On May 07, 2023
yrhuhfy113:
wealth can cheat karma.
The universe surely has it own way of balancing everything that happens.

Retribution and redistributive justice can't be hidden for long no matter the money one acquire.

2 Likes

Re: Karma, Does It Exist? by lolu2019: 10:36am On May 07, 2023
Corridon:
It doesn't. Evil people keep progressing and succeeding in what they are doing while the righteous ones suffers.
u don't have the right to call any one evil.
Re: Karma, Does It Exist? by lolu2019: 10:41am On May 07, 2023
RenegadeX:

Did you hear that one of his sons died all of a sudden?
everyone with their own Karma.because he is abacha son doesn't mean he should suffer from Abacha's fate.
Re: Karma, Does It Exist? by horgarzer(m): 10:50am On May 07, 2023
Corridon:
Why not wait a little bit to see the end of the evil person
Re: Karma, Does It Exist? by Shorty1980: 10:51am On May 07, 2023
Notting to prove is real, all are assumptions and imagination join with superstitious beliefs ..to my understanding all are stories..what ever you see in life is mysterious..just take it the way it comes…
Re: Karma, Does It Exist? by triplechoice(m): 10:51am On May 07, 2023
Karma is real, but not as it's understood or described in most rellgion.

Karma simply means the consequences,. not punishment, arising. from one's physical and mental activity.

There's no higher power or gods that dole out karma to anyone.

Everyone is responsible for his or her karma.
You reap what you sow ,whether good or bad

Nobody can take away one's karma or bear it for you. Religious people are misled into thinking another person can take away their sin or karma. It's not true, but a lie used for converting people

If you do something you experience the consequences yourself, if you don't do anything you also suffer the consequences if not doing anything yourself.

If you dwell on negative thoughts all the time, it won't be long before depression sets in. On the other hand,If you dwell on positive thoughts all the time,you also reap the benefits in the form of good mood, or happy feelings.

If you eat garlic and onions for some days and don't brush your mouth, the consequence is people not wanting to get close to you. If you deliberately offend another person all the time, it won't be long before the person start resenting you. You reap friendship or positive response when you do good to others.

The, depression, good mood, avoidance, friendship, and resentment are all karmic consequences that has come from some actions taken in the past. This is how karma works. It's not punishment from any God

However, most people only focus on the negative aspect of karma, without being aware that people also reap the good they have sown too, which helps to balance out bad karma and make it possible they don't get overwhelmed by it.

Nobody is completely bad and no one is completely good. The politicians some people use as excuse to dismiss the principle of karma are people who may have sown positive karma, which helps to balance out their negative karma. Too much of everything is bad. That's what they say.

Those who struggle to see the connection between the things they do and the consequences that naturally follow are for the most part operating from a very low level of awareness. They're not fully conscious of what's going on around them, hence they dismiss the principle of karma.

Karma is a fact of life.
Re: Karma, Does It Exist? by Fearyourcreator: 10:52am On May 07, 2023
Corridon:
It's because you see good people as bad and bad as good
Re: Karma, Does It Exist? by Fearyourcreator: 10:53am On May 07, 2023
Zonefree:
If Karma exists, Nigerian politicians for don die finish.

Hamza Al-Mustapha, Abacha's CSO is still alive and also contested for president with AA.

Karma works only on poor people.
That one serving jail in UK... Some people family bad pass many politicians
Re: Karma, Does It Exist? by bluefilm: 10:57am On May 07, 2023
Sermwell:
So you mean Ike Ekwerenmadu has done more evils than Buhari, Obasanjo, IBB, Barack Obama, Putin etc?

Make una dey get sense Abeg grin grin

Karma is turn by turn.

When your turn comes; na your turn be dat.

Even you sef wey dey reply me, you cannot escape karma.

Karma awaits all of us.
Re: Karma, Does It Exist? by jjxxx: 11:06am On May 07, 2023
paxonel:
According to Merriam-webster, the word "Karma" was first used in 1827 by Buddhists and Hinduists whio described an ethical subjected principle that says "you reap what you sow ".
They held that there is a force generated by a person's actions which has ethical consequences to determine the nature of the person's next existence(even up to the person's after-life).

Certainly, going by human natural experiences, this ethical principle called Karma has been proven valid and is responsible for the many fortunes and misfortunes we go through today in our lives.
For instance, a man who send his child to school(formally or informally) may end up having the child becoming wealthy and knowledgeable, and the one who refuses to send his child to school may have the child battling poverty in the future and put the blame to some witches and wizards in village.

But what does the bible say about Karma, do Christians believe that this principle still have effect to their after-life even after they die?

2 Corinthians 5:17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

This also suggest that the old creature died away the day you died, and you are now a new being not having the sins of your past life inputed in you.

Paul says in Galatians 2:20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I NOW live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

Obviously,according these scriptures if Karma is anything to go by, it ends abruptly the day you die as a Christian, but the effects thereafter lives on even up to generations

You forgot to state how king David reaped wat he sew. Or u don’t remember wat his son did to him because of wat he did to another man’s wife? God forgave him but he reaped it still. Karma is so so real. Even around us, we see it all the time. God may not count or hold that sin against u after u repent but u still reap it on earth here most times.

1 Like

Re: Karma, Does It Exist? by adecz: 11:15am On May 07, 2023
Go and ask Ekweremadu who embezzled
the funds for establishing a kidney
centre in his Enugu home state ...👎👎👎

Today, he & his wife have been imprisoned
in a foreign land for kidney trafficking ..♻️♻️♻️

Nobody should exercise any sympathy
for such heartless, parasitic people😕😕😕

Karma is real, because what goes around,
finally comes around.

Re: Karma, Does It Exist? by hohafrank(m): 11:17am On May 07, 2023
Ask Ike Ekweremadu.
Re: Karma, Does It Exist? by Chidolalar: 11:52am On May 07, 2023
Hassanmaye:

Stop writing stupidly about religion, the slavery Africans suffered where is the repercussions? The western society that stole our resources and still stealing resources where is the repercussions or karma? The poor is still poor the Rich is becoming richer.

You have said it all. So many pple don't know that religious belief will make Dem blind to reality.
Re: Karma, Does It Exist? by Burgerlomo: 11:57am On May 07, 2023
cool
Re: Karma, Does It Exist? by Ucloaded01: 12:04pm On May 07, 2023
Corridon:

The karma is in the evil that is being propagated today.
Evil can only beget evil.
Re: Karma, Does It Exist? by AngelicBeing: 12:09pm On May 07, 2023
shocked
Re: Karma, Does It Exist? by AngelicBeing: 12:11pm On May 07, 2023
adecz:

Go and ask Ekweremadu who embezzled
the funds for establishing a kidney
centre in his Enugu home state ...👎👎👎

Today, he & his wife have been imprisoned
in a foreign land for kidney trafficking ..♻️♻️♻️

Nobody should exercise any sympathy
for such heartless, parasitic people😕😕😕

Karma is real, because what goes around,
finally comes around.
Hian , for posting this picture of the criminal called Ekweremadu, l will ask Buhari to arrest you and detain you for 1000 years tongue
Re: Karma, Does It Exist? by diogo23: 12:21pm On May 07, 2023
Corridon:
Watch out for their end
Re: Karma, Does It Exist? by diogo23: 12:21pm On May 07, 2023
Zonefree:
If Karma exists, Nigerian politicians for don die finish.

Hamza Al-Mustapha, Abacha's CSO is still alive and also contested for president with AA.

Karma works only on poor people.
How did they end up?
Re: Karma, Does It Exist? by Nobody: 12:25pm On May 07, 2023
lolu2019:
everyone with their own Karma.because he is abacha son doesn't mean he should suffer from Abacha's fate.

Children may suffer for what their dad or mum did. I am very sure you’ve heard about generational curse.
Re: Karma, Does It Exist? by Nobody: 12:26pm On May 07, 2023
diogo23:

Watch out for their end

Exactly. THE END is the major thing

1 Like

Re: Karma, Does It Exist? by Ucloaded01: 12:34pm On May 07, 2023
Corridon:

God cannot punish people for being hand working, doesn't matter whether they are good or evil because the reward for hard work is riches and not poverty.
The holy scripture say: whatever a man soweth that shall he reap.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Do You Subscribe To The Doctrine Of Trinity? If "Yes", Take This Challenge! / How My Crazy Love For A Girl Inspired The Extent Of My Love For God / How To Identify Satanic Churches

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.