Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,007 members, 7,806,926 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:08 AM

Nigerian Student Sentenced To 11-month Imprisonment For Assaulting Wife In UK - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerian Student Sentenced To 11-month Imprisonment For Assaulting Wife In UK (1421 Views)

Nigerian Student Killed By Propeller Of Private Plane He Rented For Dinner Date / A Nigerian Student Who Fled Ukraine To Germany Dies In A Swimming Accident (pic) / Diary Of A Nigerian Student living In Moscow, Russia. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Student Sentenced To 11-month Imprisonment For Assaulting Wife In UK by ednut1(m): 5:03pm On May 05, 2023
A Nigerian student at Bangor University, North Wales, United Kingdom, John Nwadiaju, was sentenced to 11 months imprisonment and suspended for one year for violently attacking and abusing his wife, Kosisochukwu Echem.

According to North Whales Chronicle, on Friday, the 34-year-old was handed the sentence, which included 250 hours of unpaid work, at the Caernarfon Crown Court.

The prosecutor, Paulinus Barnes, told the court that Nwadiaju and Echem married in Nigeria in April 2022 but separated in August 2022 over reported abuse and violence.

The wife, hoping for reconciliation, had visited him in Bangor, where he studied for his Master’s. Still, Nwadiaju was said to have taken her passport and Personal Independence Payment card and assaulted her repeatedly.

Nwadiaju was found guilty, despite stating that his actions were in self-defence.

Presiding Judge Nicola Saffman sentenced Nwadiaju to 11 months imprisonment and suspended him for one year, adding that Nwadiaju must also carry out 250 hours of unpaid work

https://punchng.com/nigerian-student-sentenced-to-11-month-imprisonment-for-assaulting-wife-in-uk/
Re: Nigerian Student Sentenced To 11-month Imprisonment For Assaulting Wife In UK by MrBrownJay1(m): 5:05pm On May 05, 2023
another Nigerian abroad who was thinking that he was above the law (like Ekweremadu)....

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Student Sentenced To 11-month Imprisonment For Assaulting Wife In UK by ednut1(m): 5:05pm On May 05, 2023
Deportation loading. some people are anti japa, because they want freedom to beat wife. Tufiakwa

11 Likes

Re: Nigerian Student Sentenced To 11-month Imprisonment For Assaulting Wife In UK by obi4eze(m): 5:06pm On May 05, 2023
Okay.
Re: Nigerian Student Sentenced To 11-month Imprisonment For Assaulting Wife In UK by Exc2000: 5:07pm On May 05, 2023
Nwadiaju Dem Dem

When Biafrans Japarian are done with UK , Nigeria would get visa ban
Re: Nigerian Student Sentenced To 11-month Imprisonment For Assaulting Wife In UK by JeffreyJunior: 5:17pm On May 05, 2023
Nwadiaju was found guilty, despite stating that his actions were in self-defence.

Na so, oga self defense.😄

There's more to the story though.

Nigerian wife visiting her separated husband hoping to reconcile with him sounds odd to me. If she deny say she no carry ulterior motive for mind go there, amadioha go definitely strike am dead.😄

My guess is that she visited him to set him up and get more evidence to build a case for divorce and the mumu fell for it by beating her as usual.

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Student Sentenced To 11-month Imprisonment For Assaulting Wife In UK by Nbote(m): 5:23pm On May 05, 2023
Hmmm.. He married her here in Nigeria and took her abroad. So many things we do here and get away with, if u try am for UK especially, U're done

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Student Sentenced To 11-month Imprisonment For Assaulting Wife In UK by Iamicekid(m): 6:05pm On May 05, 2023
U no even get brain, self defense and you are the one seizing her passport and stuff, unna go dey beat girl se watein happen if unna no fit sort am out instead for it to lead to domestic violence just file for divorce

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Student Sentenced To 11-month Imprisonment For Assaulting Wife In UK by 1Sharon(f): 6:14pm On May 05, 2023
This is why they come to the UK/US and wonder why they aren't getting any sexual attention from western women.

The women can sense their primitive mindset fresh from Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Student Sentenced To 11-month Imprisonment For Assaulting Wife In UK by justwise(m): 6:31pm On May 05, 2023
The whole marriage story is suspicious, married and separated and still travel to the UK together?

This is sounding like an asylum application loading...

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Student Sentenced To 11-month Imprisonment For Assaulting Wife In UK by dawnomike(m): 6:39pm On May 05, 2023
His village people got him finally through the woman
Re: Nigerian Student Sentenced To 11-month Imprisonment For Assaulting Wife In UK by yarimo(m): 7:27pm On May 05, 2023
John NWADIAJU undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Nigerian Student Sentenced To 11-month Imprisonment For Assaulting Wife In UK by Airlord2030: 8:57pm On May 05, 2023
Another afghaneasterner again undecided
Re: Nigerian Student Sentenced To 11-month Imprisonment For Assaulting Wife In UK by Idiotmod: 9:16pm On May 05, 2023
Nbote:
Hmmm.. He married her here in Nigeria and took her abroad. So many things we do here and get away with, if u try am for UK especially, U're done
U no sabi read?
Re: Nigerian Student Sentenced To 11-month Imprisonment For Assaulting Wife In UK by Idiotmod: 9:17pm On May 05, 2023
Ogbanje girl. U guys are separated wetin u dey find
Re: Nigerian Student Sentenced To 11-month Imprisonment For Assaulting Wife In UK by aieromon(m): 10:57pm On May 05, 2023
https://www.northwaleschronicle.co.uk/news/23503342.bangor-student-attacked-wife-came-visit-nigeria/

https://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/bangor-university-student-assaulted-wife-26850870#amp-readmore-target

Prosecuting, Paulinus Barnes told the court that Nwadiaju and Mrs Echem married in Nigeria in April 2022, having been in a relationship since the previous October.

But they separated in August 2022, with Mrs Echem having reported abuse and violence inflicted upon her by Nwadiaju in Nigeria previously.

He then came to the UK to study a masters course in environmental and business management in Bangor.

But, on October 13, his wife Kosisochukwu Stella Echem - known as Stella - travelled from Nigeria to Bangor, hoping for a reconciliation.

The court heard he told her that she would have to come with him to Edinburgh and get two jobs. But she said she was going to live with her uncle in Manchester.

Stella had brought a friend to Bangor and was going to the friend's contact's house, but the prosecutor Mr Barnes said Nwadiaju became abusive.

He pushed her into a room and locked the door, the court heard.

However, the woman managed to turn the lock from the inside. She took some belongings and left, but then realised her husband still had her passport.

She reached into Nwadiaju's pocket but, as she did so, he punched her forehead and mouth with both hands. A few days later, she went to hospital for treatment.

He is in the UK on a 12-month student visa which expires in January 2024. He is taking a Masters degree in Environmental and Business Management at Bangor University and has an excellent work record.

He has been offered a job in Edinburgh but has put his application for a work visa on hold pending these criminal proceedings.

Too many holes in the story.
Re: Nigerian Student Sentenced To 11-month Imprisonment For Assaulting Wife In UK by ednut1(m): 11:12am On May 06, 2023
Re: Nigerian Student Sentenced To 11-month Imprisonment For Assaulting Wife In UK by Gerrard59(m): 5:15pm On May 06, 2023
1Sharon:
This is why they come to the UK/US and wonder why they aren't getting any sexual attention from western women.

The women can sense their primitive mindset fresh from Nigeria.

But these men say Nigerian men are loved all over the world. In fact, we are the best black men since sliced bread.

optimusprime2:

The good thing I love about the dating scene outside Nigeria is the fact that, you don't need as much money or riches to run game, just the essentials are ok, but you need to have your confidence in tonnes and you need to know how to use the "black" clout to your advantage, if you don't, then you'd probably endup writing about white privilege in picking up women yada yada yada... Oga I did point N kill, top specifications, location and language was not a barrier.

Infact in Japan, running game was the easiest because the ladies are naturally timid and reserved so your confidence and kindness goes a super long way until when you shift pant. Infact I was like a celebrity that time, because they barely saw black people in Japan.

In Europe I let them know the stereotype about African gbola is true, From France to Czech Republic to Scandinavian regions, I was a legend, I shifted wombs for free during winters due to popular demand.

In the US sir chai... mheeeeen Infact lemme stop here because although I have hung my boots, I never barb my dada.

So oga, I don't know what you are talking about. If you are the calm one, just say it, Don't generalise all brothers sir, because some of us have conquered.

pacespot:

Cacophony of buffoonery. Black men are loved by women across races all over the world, Nigerian men now add their own on top for being romantic.

I've watched many videos online where women of all races were asked to pick their preferred man for dating in other races, I was surprised to see Nigerian men rank top for most of the interviews, Asian men especially Koreans also rank high. Na that time I know say Nigeria is popular than Africa, because none of other African countries' men got mentioned.

JastSiryin:
Dude! You lost me at "most Nigerian men are ugly". Are you serious? What would you now say about South African men? And I'm talking native ones, not the mixed. We're not Greek gods by any stretch, but we're good looking in a more rounded way. Dude speak for yourself!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Student Sentenced To 11-month Imprisonment For Assaulting Wife In UK by Raalsalghul: 6:43pm On May 06, 2023
Gerrard59:

But these men say Nigerian men are loved all over the world. In fact, we are the best black men since sliced bread.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

You never ever miss an opportunity to lampoon Nigerian men.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Student Sentenced To 11-month Imprisonment For Assaulting Wife In UK by PrestigeAnya: 7:56pm On May 11, 2023
Do anyone have unconditional offer Bangor university

(1) (Reply)

A Nigerian Applying for a UK Student Visa in the US / Travel To Canada,uk,france,england&london Visa Needed Urgently / How To Prepare Documents For Submission

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.