Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,770 members, 7,802,357 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:59 PM

Why There Are No Jobs In Nigeria. - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Why There Are No Jobs In Nigeria. (1525 Views)

No Jobs In Government Anymore, Buhari Tells Youths / No Jobs, Or Most Are Unemployable? See This Job / Are There No Jobs In Nigeria For ND Holders? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why There Are No Jobs In Nigeria. by KingofHearts(m): 5:56am On May 06, 2023
Copied

*Document written by a former CEO*.

I used to criticize owners of private companies like Dangote Group *who hire so many Indians while there are many unemployed Nigerians*, but now I understand their painful decision.

The biggest challenge in our manufacturing businesses is not power or infrastructure, *the biggest challenge is getting an honest workforce*.

Everyone we hire *seems to be on a mission to steal as much as possible* from inflated invoices, recording less than the actual number of units produced.

*The worst part of this is that all of the fraud we've uncovered is not committed by one person, it's usually multiple staff members colluding with each other*, from production to sales to finance, even management.

I reviewed management 3 times in one year.

It got so bad at one point that *my main criteria for hiring staff was no longer competence or certificates, but honesty.*

At least *skills and abilities can be acquired, but once you're dishonest, you're beyond repair.*

We always complain about the economy and the fact that there are no jobs. I know people abroad who would love to start job-creating businesses in Nigeria and Africa, but they can't because they can't get someone they trust to run it.

I know people in Nigeria with so much money, they want to start factories and other job-creating businesses, but they can't because they are busy elsewhere and can't get someone they trust to run the business. So instead of investing in the real sector and creating jobs, they will just buy treasury bills, while the thieves scream no jobs and no food.

I bet big Nigerian organizations like Dangote can set up shop in any African country and create millions of jobs, but I bet corruption and dishonesty at the top of government is what keeps them from helping Nigeria and Africa.

Many great companies, would be born in Nigeria *if we could engage in partnerships*but we can't* because you can't trust anyone.

This is an advantage that the Indians and Lebanese have over us in Nigeria and Africa. They can pool resources and do mega-businesses, unlike the Nigerians. One person has to do everything because we can't partner, so we end up with small and very small businesses.

Even siblings CANNOT run a business together. The dying or dead super stores in Nigeria that would have become the Walmarts...are a great example.

Start a poultry farm and they will steal your eggs. Some will even go ahead and kill the chickens so that they are allowed to take them home.

Start an entertainment/viewing/gaming center and they will pocket your money. On the days you are in the business, the money made will be 10 times more than when you are not there. Because they are eating your money and eating their future.

Buy and lease a vehicle to a driver to use and watch as they finish you off.

Start a restaurant, the same thing will happen. More than half of the total food ingredients will end up in their personal kitchens.

Even the regular grocery store or kiosk attendants will find a way to steal from the small investors.

You will see them *quoting their perversity by saying, "The goat grazes where it is tied, "* Hmmmm" or “Na where man they work, na there man they chop” (Workshop)

Imagine people justifying theft at work, killing their own jobs and the development of Nigeria.

You will see these people poking their twisted fingers at politicians when they are no different.

I usually say that the reason most Nigerians haven't stolen billions of government money is simply lack of opportunity.

The few honest Nigerians, both in government and in the private sector, are *considered stupid.*

You are not stupid. You are what Nigeria desperately and painfully needs.

How are we going to evolve when those who are supposed to oversee and manage stores, kiosks, supermarkets, factories, schools, hospitals, water works, road construction, street cleaning, power plants, bus fleets, parking collections, building construction, etc., are the ones who conspire to steal from small local investors, large local investors, governments and foreign investors?

How will we evolve when our school principals are the ones plotting to steal school supplies, school fees and school food, etc.?

How will we evolve when our hospital officials are the ones who plot to steal medicine, beds, sheets, blankets, food, consultation fees, etc.?

How? How? Cry our beloved country.

How will we evolve when the officials responsible for ensuring and enforcing standards and reducing cost estimates are those who conspire with local and foreign contractors to inflate costs and reduce work standards to steal public money for personal gain.

At all levels, "Nigerians are Nigeria's problem.

In my opinion, the simple reason, which can be replicated across the country, why Rwanda is a rising star in Africa is that Rwandans and foreign development partners and investors know that the country's top leadership cannot accept dishonesty in both public and private service.

Imagine 36 states plus Abuja will have a person like Paul Kagame at the head!!!

Even the so called western world and eastern world would not want that because Nigeria would be FIRST in 10 years.

We Nigerians need to wake up and rethink Nigeria.

Nigerians at all jobs from the sweeper to the craftsman, the salesman, the storekeeper, the driver, the tea/coffee maker, the purchasing manager, the governor, the minister, the commissioner, the accountant, the nurse, the doctor, the cook, the painter, the builder, the legislator, the minister must be honest for the sake of Nigeria.

By being dishonest, we violate Nigeria. Foreign elements know our dishonesty and so they come to Nigeria to steal our vast natural resources and give a few crumbs of bread to those Nigerians in charge of running our countries at the expense of our development and self-sufficiency.

Who will save us from ourselves?

Nigeria can rise again.Let Nigeria rise.Stand up and be counted as a people.

It is time to CHANGE...

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why There Are No Jobs In Nigeria. by Rushna27(f): 6:24am On May 06, 2023
Everybody ain't the same though.....need not generalize it....thanks

4 Likes

Re: Why There Are No Jobs In Nigeria. by coputa(m): 6:42am On May 06, 2023
Rushna27:
Majority of Nigerians are crooks, they are only good when they've not gotten the opportunity.

3 Likes

Re: Why There Are No Jobs In Nigeria. by coputa(m): 7:08am On May 06, 2023
KingofHearts:
Copied

*Document written by a former CEO*.

I used to criticize owners of private companies like Dangote Group *who hire so many Indians while there are many unemployed Nigerians*, but now I understand their painful decision.

The biggest challenge in our manufacturing businesses is not power or infrastructure, *the biggest challenge is getting an honest workforce*.

Everyone we hire *seems to be on a mission to steal as much as possible* from inflated invoices, recording less than the actual number of units produced.

*The worst part of this is that all of the fraud we've uncovered is not committed by one person, it's usually multiple staff members colluding with each other*, from production to sales to finance, even management.

I reviewed management 3 times in one year.

It got so bad at one point that *my main criteria for hiring staff was no longer competence or certificates, but honesty.*

At least *skills and abilities can be acquired, but once you're dishonest, you're beyond repair.*

We always complain about the economy and the fact that there are no jobs. I know people abroad who would love to start job-creating businesses in Nigeria and Africa, but they can't because they can't get someone they trust to run it.

I know people in Nigeria with so much money, they want to start factories and other job-creating businesses, but they can't because they are busy elsewhere and can't get someone they trust to run the business. So instead of investing in the real sector and creating jobs, they will just buy treasury bills, while the thieves scream no jobs and no food.

I bet big Nigerian organizations like Dangote can set up shop in any African country and create millions of jobs, but I bet corruption and dishonesty at the top of government is what keeps them from helping Nigeria and Africa.

Many great companies, would be born in Nigeria *if we could engage in partnerships*but we can't* because you can't trust anyone.

This is an advantage that the Indians and Lebanese have over us in Nigeria and Africa. They can pool resources and do mega-businesses, unlike the Nigerians. One person has to do everything because we can't partner, so we end up with small and very small businesses.

Even siblings CANNOT run a business together. The dying or dead super stores in Nigeria that would have become the Walmarts...are a great example.

Start a poultry farm and they will steal your eggs. Some will even go ahead and kill the chickens so that they are allowed to take them home.

Start an entertainment/viewing/gaming center and they will pocket your money. On the days you are in the business, the money made will be 10 times more than when you are not there. Because they are eating your money and eating their future.

Buy and lease a vehicle to a driver to use and watch as they finish you off.

Start a restaurant, the same thing will happen. More than half of the total food ingredients will end up in their personal kitchens.

Even the regular grocery store or kiosk attendants will find a way to steal from the small investors.

You will see them *quoting their perversity by saying, "The goat grazes where it is tied, "* Hmmmm"

Imagine people justifying theft at work, killing their own jobs and the development of Nigeria.

You will see these people poking their twisted fingers at politicians when they are no different.

I usually say that the reason most Nigerians haven't stolen billions of government money is simply lack of opportunity.

The few honest Nigerians, both in government and in the private sector, are *considered stupid.*

You are not stupid. You are what Nigeria desperately and painfully needs.

How are we going to evolve when those who are supposed to oversee and manage stores, kiosks, supermarkets, factories, schools, hospitals, water works, road construction, street cleaning, power plants, bus fleets, parking collections, building construction, etc., are the ones who conspire to steal from small local investors, large local investors, governments and foreign investors?

How will we evolve when our school principals are the ones plotting to steal school supplies, school fees and school food, etc.?

How will we evolve when our hospital officials are the ones who plot to steal medicine, beds, sheets, blankets, food, consultation fees, etc.?

How? How? Cry our beloved country.

How will we evolve when the officials responsible for ensuring and enforcing standards and reducing cost estimates are those who conspire with local and foreign contractors to inflate costs and reduce work standards to steal public money for personal gain.

At all levels, "Nigerians are Nigeria's problem.

In my opinion, the simple reason, which can be replicated across the country, why Rwanda is a rising star in Africa is that Rwandans and foreign development partners and investors know that the country's top leadership cannot accept dishonesty in both public and private service.

Imagine 36 states plus Abuja will have a person like Paul Kagame at the head!!!

Even the so called western world and eastern world would not want that because Nigeria would be FIRST in 10 years.

We Nigerians need to wake up and rethink Nigeria.

Nigerians at all jobs from the sweeper to the craftsman, the salesman, the storekeeper, the driver, the tea/coffee maker, the purchasing manager, the governor, the minister, the commissioner, the accountant, the nurse, the doctor, the cook, the painter, the builder, the legislator, the minister must be honest for the sake of Nigeria.

By being dishonest, we violate Nigeria. Foreign elements know our dishonesty and so they come to Nigeria to steal our vast natural resources and give a few crumbs of bread to those Nigerians in charge of running our countries at the expense of our development and self-sufficiency.

Who will save us from ourselves?

Nigeria can rise again.Let Nigeria rise.Stand up and be counted as a people.

It is time to CHANGE...
The genesis of the problem is the value system imbibed by Nigerians.If you are appointed into top government position, you will be celebrated by your tribesmen and given tittles in your community, encouraging you to bring the booty back home,if you didn't,you are considered a fool, even your wife and children will reject you.
Weath is highly revered in Nigeria, the person who is doing well in the society is considered wise and hardworking,nobody cares what he does to make it.These people are the role models of the youths.
So, when everyone wants to make it by all means, the result is always the display of dishonesty.
The government that are in the best position to sensitse the masses on good values are themselves neck deep in corruption.Is it our religious leaders,who has turned the house of God to business center.
Nigerians need reorientation, money and wealth is not everything, money is good but pursue it legitimately.

9 Likes

Re: Why There Are No Jobs In Nigeria. by DeeBaDan: 7:22am On May 06, 2023
Faulty value system. Everyone thinks it's God blessing them when they have an opportunity to steal from you.

I once managed a business for a certain man where we take in 15-20k as profit per day after daily fuel and running expenses. Myself and partner managed the feul purchases and all on a daily. The man only comes at the end of each day to count and collect his money. That was back before online business became the real deal.

I'm proud to be different

3 Likes

Re: Why There Are No Jobs In Nigeria. by Joseph1505(m): 7:50am On May 06, 2023
That there are no jobs in Nigeria does not mean you should keep waiting for the government to give you job.

Either you learn a skill but I advice learn a very lucrative one like Programming.
I can teach you that.
Re: Why There Are No Jobs In Nigeria. by KingofHearts(m): 8:03am On May 06, 2023
DeeBaDan:
Faulty value system. Everyone thinks it's God blessing them when they have an opportunity to steal from you.

I once managed a business for a certain man where we take in 15-20k as profit per day after daily fuel and running expenses. Myself and partner managed the feul purchases and all on a daily. The man only comes at the end of each day to count and collect his money. That was back before online business became the real deal.

I'm proud to be different

Thank you for being different!!
Re: Why There Are No Jobs In Nigeria. by KingofHearts(m): 8:52am On May 06, 2023
Rushna27:

True!! The problem is when the sample size is becoming humongous and appears it’s drowning the exceptions! We need to do better honestly. I can attest to the fact from first hand knowledge that there are fundings available and waiting for the Nigerian space to milk but the barriers of trust won’t allow.

What dishonesty and Yahoo is causing is yet to fully manifest and the innocent will suffer it too!

1 Like

Re: Why There Are No Jobs In Nigeria. by KingofHearts(m): 8:57am On May 06, 2023
Joseph1505:
That there are no jobs in Nigeria does not mean you should keep waiting for the government to give you job.

Either you learn a skill but I advice learn a very lucrative one like Programming.
I can teach you that.

I agree with you! They’re even more than programming. AI is the new god o! Beyond that we can unlock more opportunities by being honest,hardworking and stop cutting corners!!

Before I forget, unemployed graduates need to wrestle that transportation industry with those agbero..they can’t just be sitting on over 125Billion on a steady just like that!!

1 Like

Re: Why There Are No Jobs In Nigeria. by KingofHearts(m): 9:04am On May 06, 2023
coputa:
The genesis of the problem is the value system imbibed by Nigerians.If you are appointed into top government position, you will be celebrated by your tribesmen and given tittles in your community, encouraging you to bring home the booty back home,if you didn't,you are considered a fool, even your wife and children will reject you.
Weath is highly revered in Nigeria, the person who is doing well in the society is considered wise and hardworking,nobody cares what he does to make it.These people are the role models of the youths.
So, when everyone wants to make it by all means, the result is always the display of dishonesty.
The government that are in the best position to sensitse the masses on good values are themselves neck deep in corruption.Is it our religious leaders,who has turned the house of God to business center.
Nigerians need reorientation, money and wealth is not everything, money is good but pursue it legitimately.

How do we bring back the value systems? How in the face of corruption in the home,religious homes,society, workplace..everywhere!

Some of us as parents struggle to raise our kids with values only for some silly adults to send children they are unprepared to raise to the same schools,churches,mosques and public spaces to corrupt one’s hard work!!

A pastor once told me it’s hard to be born again in Nigeria (I think that’s relative crap but it appears that there some pain point there)

3 Likes

Re: Why There Are No Jobs In Nigeria. by KingofHearts(m): 9:05am On May 06, 2023
coputa:
Majority of Nigerians are crooks, they are only good when they've not gotten the opportunity.

Many are hibernating!!!! only waiting to activate “normal normal”
Re: Why There Are No Jobs In Nigeria. by DeeBaDan: 10:01am On May 06, 2023
KingofHearts:

How do we bring back the value systems? How in the face of corruption in the home,religious homes,society, workplace..everywhere!

Some of us as parents struggle to raise our kids with values only for some silly adults to send children they are unprepared to raise to the same schools,churches,mosques and public spaces to corrupt one’s hard work!!

A pastor once told me it’s hard to be born again in Nigeria (I think that’s relative crap but it appears that there some pain point there)

You're burning candles to study for exams, someone else is talking to the mum to buy your results

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why There Are No Jobs In Nigeria. by KingofHearts(m): 12:07pm On May 06, 2023
DeeBaDan:

You're burning candles to study for exams, someone else is talking to the mum to buy your results

Sad!!
Re: Why There Are No Jobs In Nigeria. by KingofHearts(m): 12:10pm On May 06, 2023
[quote author=Rubyjade post=122962973][/quote]

You see that barbing !! Capture an entire estate and offer home service at the same cost as In-shop service …..Booom!! You will be fine.The only ish is the association May come after you! Everything has an association here.

1 Like

Re: Why There Are No Jobs In Nigeria. by Elsueno: 12:17pm On May 06, 2023
I want to disagree with this,...but I have seen soo much with my own eyes to d extent that it has become extremely shocking for me to see an honest person in certain circumstances..

I have also seen a situation where a dying branch of a fed revenue agencies with very high debt was fixed by a single man...And immediately he finished his term & left dat branch, d next person destroyed everything...

5 Likes

Re: Why There Are No Jobs In Nigeria. by KingofHearts(m): 1:00pm On May 06, 2023
Elsueno:
I want to disagree with this,...but I have seen soo much with my own eyes to d extent that it has become extremely shocking for me to see an honest person in certain circumstances..

I have also seen a situation where a dying branch of a fed revenue agencies with very high debt was fixed by a single man...And immediately he finished his term & left dat branch, d next person destroyed everything...

I think you are still saying the same thing. Your examples is in support of the above except that you started with “I disagree”.

Maybe you haven’t presented it the best possible way you would have love to. I will be glad to know exactly what your thoughts are.
Re: Why There Are No Jobs In Nigeria. by Jokerman(m): 1:43pm On May 06, 2023
Maybe if you pay workers well, they'd stop being dishonest and stop stealing.

2 Likes

Re: Why There Are No Jobs In Nigeria. by Rubyjade: 2:00pm On May 06, 2023
KingofHearts:

You see that barbing !! Capture an entire estate and offer home service at the same cost as In-shop service …..Booom!! You will be fine.The only ish is the association May come after you! Everything has an association here.
The association is a toothless bull dog, Make your saloon classic and watch people pay for your service. On the mainland there is a place they barb for 5k, shaving is 1k5 and people they rush the guy.

1 Like

Re: Why There Are No Jobs In Nigeria. by Rubyjade: 2:01pm On May 06, 2023
Jokerman:
Maybe if you pay workers well, they'd stop being dishonest and stop stealing.

Not always so, give them all the benefits they usually will find a way to milk you
Re: Why There Are No Jobs In Nigeria. by Rubyjade: 2:02pm On May 06, 2023
Elsueno:

FIRS is a good example.
Re: Why There Are No Jobs In Nigeria. by Rubyjade: 2:02pm On May 06, 2023
DeeBaDan:

What a country.

3 Likes

Re: Why There Are No Jobs In Nigeria. by KingofHearts(m): 2:18pm On May 06, 2023
Rubyjade:
Not always so, give them all the benefits they usually will find a way to milk you

[b]True!!! Not always so!! there are sad testimonies from employers who have done thier best/b]

1 Like

Re: Why There Are No Jobs In Nigeria. by KingofHearts(m): 2:21pm On May 06, 2023
Rubyjade:
The association is a toothless bull dog, Make your saloon classic and watch people pay for your service. On the mainland there is a place they barb for 5k, shaving is 1k5 and people they rush the guy.

Do we open a barber training center to get people in this? I mean there are those just sleeping and waking up doing nothing and earning $0 month in and month out!!

1 Like

Re: Why There Are No Jobs In Nigeria. by Rubyjade: 2:37pm On May 06, 2023
KingofHearts:

Do we open a barber training center to get people in this? I mean there are those just sleeping and waking up doing nothing and earning $0 month in and month out!!
Yes, we can. What's your location?

1 Like

Re: Why There Are No Jobs In Nigeria. by Rubyjade: 2:37pm On May 06, 2023
KingofHearts:

[b]True!!! Not always so!! there are sad testimonies from employers who have done thier best/b]
The % is 0.2
Re: Why There Are No Jobs In Nigeria. by DeeBaDan: 3:02pm On May 06, 2023
KingofHearts:

I've been a job creator for at least five years now. My dear, Nigerian employees are evil people

2 Likes

Re: Why There Are No Jobs In Nigeria. by VTJN(m): 5:19pm On May 06, 2023
DeeBaDan:

you're right.

While in school, some students don't read and they bribe lecturers to pass them. I have them in my class then. They naturally bribe their way out of school. Sadly, some of these students are presently working in top federal government parastatals. I wonder how they got it. Most of these students are Yahoo guys. While we're busy reading, they parade themselves around the school laughing and making mockery of us.

Some of them had relocated to UK being one of the easiest country to get visa provided one has the fund.

They literally make hardwork somewhat useless seriously. They enjoy cutting corner.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why There Are No Jobs In Nigeria. by KingofHearts(m): 5:39pm On May 06, 2023
VTJN:
you're right.

While in school, some students don't read and they bribe lecturers to pass them. I have them in my class then. They naturally bribe their way out of school. Sadly, some of these students are presently working in top federal government parastatals. I wonder how they got it. Most of these students are Yahoo guys. While we're busy reading, they parade themselves around the school laughing and making mockery of us.

Some of them had relocated to UK being one of the easiest country to get visa provided one has the fund.

They literally make hardwork somewhat useless seriously. They enjoy cutting corner.

Very sad!! The problem is when people get away with crime they will resort to that method anytime they are confronted with a situation,similar situation or when they run out of patience for solution to a simple problem that requires hard work. They then use same method for their wards because that’s what they know and it has worked before without any consequences!!

1 Like

Re: Why There Are No Jobs In Nigeria. by KingofHearts(m): 5:42pm On May 06, 2023
DeeBaDan:

I've been a job creator for at least five years now. My dear, Nigerian employees are evil people

Hmmm!! I don’t even want to touch that part for now! Healing wounds will become fresh wounds again, better to leave it there.
Re: Why There Are No Jobs In Nigeria. by KingofHearts(m): 5:43pm On May 06, 2023
Rubyjade:
Yes, we can. What's your location?

Lagos,Nigeria for now!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nbplc Aptitude Test Of Today. / Vacancies@hydraenergyresources / Gateway 2 Oceanic Bank!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.