Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,668 members, 7,801,928 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:10 AM

Should Christian Couples Confess Adultery To Their Partners? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Should Christian Couples Confess Adultery To Their Partners? (10953 Views)

Should Christian Couples Practise Other Styles Of Sex Apart Frm Conventionastyle / Do Christians Need To Confess Adultery To Their Partners? / Do Intending Christian Couples Really Hear From God Before Getting Married? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should Christian Couples Confess Adultery To Their Partners? by Kobicove(m): 11:46am On May 07, 2023
If it's a one-off occurrence and it did not result in pregnancy then I do not think confessing is necessary undecided
Re: Should Christian Couples Confess Adultery To Their Partners? by FireUpNow(m): 11:48am On May 07, 2023
Many marriages will be broken. Why cheat at all when you are married? Baba God will catch many on judgement day

1 Like

Re: Should Christian Couples Confess Adultery To Their Partners? by Onyinyechiugly1(f): 11:59am On May 07, 2023
Sure.

And if cheating is not a deal breaker for any of them, they can stay out and sort it out

As for me, cheating is a deal breaker.

NB forgiveness should be paramount.
Re: Should Christian Couples Confess Adultery To Their Partners? by Stevenbright(m): 12:03pm On May 07, 2023
cutecommend:
As a Christian who fears God, is their any need to confess Adultery to your partner? Or should someone just pray to God for forgiveness and move on? Assuming a secret child is involved, should the Adultery still be confessed or should it be sealed after prayers of forgiveness have been offered to God?
Confession to ones partner should be done after guidance from a good and mature Christian counselor.

Please contribute and advise.

"As a Christian who fears God", you should not commit adultery in the first place!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should Christian Couples Confess Adultery To Their Partners? by JoeEeL(m): 12:06pm On May 07, 2023
Obakoolex:

Hyena claiming alpha
What's wrong in complimenting a beautiful lady, am happily married so if am a simp to my wife it's all good.

Complimenting my foot. If she give u address now, u no go zoom go?

Married man simping on womens comments online on a sunday morning.

U are not even ashamed at ur age to even say it.

1 Like

Re: Should Christian Couples Confess Adultery To Their Partners? by Nigeriadondie: 12:16pm On May 07, 2023
UyaiIncomparabl:
I don't advise such. Take it to your graves. Especially for the woman.
I no trust u
Re: Should Christian Couples Confess Adultery To Their Partners? by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 12:18pm On May 07, 2023
maticar:

your advise doesnt matter, theres a command to 'confess our sins to one another'

But it doesn't work in reality. Confess your sins to your maker.

1 Like

Re: Should Christian Couples Confess Adultery To Their Partners? by obawinner(m): 12:23pm On May 07, 2023
MrPOTUS:

There are always exceptions to this things bro.

And, everyone should keep themselves till marriage, that's what God required, not just women.

Even God made a prophet marry an harlot.

I'm not suggesting that women should be promiscuous o, but, let's just trust God.
can you elaborate on this exception,? Thanks
Re: Should Christian Couples Confess Adultery To Their Partners? by blessedinnoma(m): 12:27pm On May 07, 2023
I was once in this shoe. I continued struggling in adultery for close to two years and everything came to an end the very day I confessed to my wife. A confess sin is rarely thrive.
Re: Should Christian Couples Confess Adultery To Their Partners? by efficiencie(m): 12:31pm On May 07, 2023
cutecommend:
As a Christian who fears God, is their any need to confess Adultery to your partner? Or should someone just pray to God for forgiveness and move on? Assuming a secret child is involved, should the Adultery still be confessed or should it be sealed after prayers of forgiveness have been offered to God?
Confession to ones partner should be done after guidance from a good and mature Christian counselor.

Was GOD the spouse that the adulterer got married to? Was it GOD that was cheated on? You are to confess your sins to the person you sinned against. So the adulterer must confess his or her sins to the partner first and foremost before going to GOD. Jesus said in Matthew 5: 22-24 that if you have unresolved issues with someone resolve it first before offering worship to GOD. So if you have sinned against your partner go and confess it to your partner. Failure to do so will provide the adversary with a tool with which he can give you depression, kill your conscience and endanger your standing before GOD. If you know a sin will likely not be forgiven by your partner due to the amount of hurt the sin caused and you will be tempted to not confess then don't commit such a sin. According to Paul, in Galatians 6:7, in other words, "who do anyhow go see anyhow"! So avoid doing anyhow, if you do not want to see anyhow.
Re: Should Christian Couples Confess Adultery To Their Partners? by Obakoolex(m): 12:33pm On May 07, 2023
JoeEeL:

Complimenting my foot. If she give u address now, u no go zoom go?

Married man simping on womens comments online on a sunday morning.

U are not even ashamed at ur age to even say it.
I no get your time aburo....

1 Like

Re: Should Christian Couples Confess Adultery To Their Partners? by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 12:33pm On May 07, 2023
Obakoolex:

Hyena claiming alpha
What's wrong in complimenting a beautiful lady, am happily married so if am a simp to my wife it's all good.

If I were you, I would have ignored his existence like the worthless non-entity that he is. His cranium is filled with dust and dirt and as such, he's not worth engaging. Engaging him is a stain on you. Never suffer fools the attention that they seek.

3 Likes

Re: Should Christian Couples Confess Adultery To Their Partners? by Nobody: 12:40pm On May 07, 2023
Every fvckup called sin has a price tag u gats pay which is the consequence of what u have done option 1: u can tell ur spouse, free ur mind from such burden and face the consequences which might come in form of divorce,
option 2: u can keep it to ursef, +1 burden on ur mind, e sure me things like dat no dey leave, but for how long will u continue? the consequences sef go come in any form in folds..

U made an oath to someone in the presence of God, u break the oath, u ran to God for forgiveness, u no rate God at all, God will always be there with an open arm and he ain't bias, but wetin wan xup with the oath wey u break, what about the other party? So, with that ur filthy mind, u and ur spouse go still dey pray to that same God, una just dey amuse am, both of u can't agree on one thing coz what tied u guys together has been broken...
Face ur consequence now or cause more wahala for ursef
Re: Should Christian Couples Confess Adultery To Their Partners? by achorladey: 12:45pm On May 07, 2023
cutecommend:

James 5: 16 Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective.
Re: Should Christian Couples Confess Adultery To Their Partners? by OBTOREPA(m): 12:49pm On May 07, 2023
cutecommend:

Yes very important
Re: Should Christian Couples Confess Adultery To Their Partners? by AUTOCRATIC(m): 12:50pm On May 07, 2023
I don't think we were told anywhere in the bible to confess our sins to human except God Almighty
Re: Should Christian Couples Confess Adultery To Their Partners? by Walamide: 1:01pm On May 07, 2023
Why should a Christian be thinking of adultery if you truly have the fear of God? Op, if you have committed this, well, first is to confess your sins to God, Know your partner (if she's has been a forgiving type, matured mind and Co, you can tell her) but if she not please don't set your house on fire. After praying to God, you could even add fasting, then let it go. Our God is a merciful but don't return to your vomit afterwards.
Re: Should Christian Couples Confess Adultery To Their Partners? by ekenehosen: 1:03pm On May 07, 2023
for me yes but it have a limit to an extent.Hence the point is made concerning the unfaithfulness, too many details might hurt more
THE BENEFITS
*It's a beginning process of re-dedicating your marriage back to God
*it helps reinforces your resistance to not to go back there
*you will receive the forgiveness of your spouse and thereby close all the doors satan might use it destroy the family
Re: Should Christian Couples Confess Adultery To Their Partners? by Pimine: 1:09pm On May 07, 2023
OneCandleAway:
No.

Pray for forgiveness from God and no one else.
Keep deceiving yourself. You made a vow unto that man and unto God. If you cheat that man, you have sinned against God, against your body, and against your husband.

Pray to God for mercy, forgive yourself, and ask for the grace and strength to face the man you have sinned against and confess. Until you do that, your repentance is not genuine because you are trying to avoid the consequences of your actions.

Confess and submit yourself to discipline. There's no other way.

1 Peter 2:20
20 For what credit is it if, when you sin and are beaten for it, you endure? But if when you do good and suffer for it you endure, this is a gracious thing in the sight of God.

The problem with christians is that they want to eat their cakes and have it, too: Sin and ask God for mercy everyday. Rinse and repeat. And they claim to be children of God. How can you be a child of God when you are a slave to sin?

You think you want to be smart, but everyday you wake up and look into his eyes while saying good morning, you know you are lying and living a lie. My dear, you can deceive the world, but you can't deceive yourself.
Re: Should Christian Couples Confess Adultery To Their Partners? by TollinsN: 1:10pm On May 07, 2023
Sometimes, you have to be out of order, to be in order
Re: Should Christian Couples Confess Adultery To Their Partners? by ogascomax: 1:16pm On May 07, 2023
SenatePresdo:

So if you hurt someone, you would rather ask God for forgiveness than to ask the person?

Was it God you offended or the person?

If both, then why not ask both for forgiveness?

Nobody was offended. A crime that you know nothing about how is that an offense to you. Wisdom is profitable to direct. You get brain use it before starting to regret tomorrow that I should have kept it secret.
Re: Should Christian Couples Confess Adultery To Their Partners? by legba1(m): 1:29pm On May 07, 2023
Hmnnnnn confessing such a sensitive matter to a " human" can be tricky. I for one would not want to KNOW! We might just not end up well if i get to know. It has happened before, i was chanced to know and that spell the end of the union.(marriage ooo).

I dont think i can still manage it well till now so dont bother telling me. Confess to God and HOPE and PRAY i dont get to find out.
Re: Should Christian Couples Confess Adultery To Their Partners? by amydulsia(f): 1:41pm On May 07, 2023
IgbosNIGHTMARE:
Yes!
Especially the women (it's women that USUALLY LIE about their sexual past, even the useless so-called feminists).
IF SEXUAL EXPERIENCE IS NOT A A BIG DEAL, WHY DO YOU WHÓRËS LIE ABOUT IT?
A GIRL THAT HER BODYCOUNT NUMBER IS GREATER THAN HER AGE WILL LIE AND TELL YOU THAT HER BODYCOUNT IS JUST TWO:
1, Her childhood lover or boyfriend WHO RAPED HER...
2, HER EX BOYFRIEND WHO CHEATED ON HER...
Imagine that from a 22 years old girl with 25-30 BODYCOUNT grin grin

IT'S WOMEN THAT THINGS ARE DEPOSITED IN...
IT'S WOMEN THAT CAN KEEP ṢPĒɌMS ALIVE IN THEIR HOLE FOR UP TO A WEEK AFTER SËX (i pity boys that give head... make una dey chop and swallow other people ṣpëɍmṣ out of these oloshos)

THROUGH DNA & GENETICS, ONE CAN DETERMINE THE BODYCOUNT OF A WOMAN, THROUGH DIFFERENT FOREIGN GENES FOUND IN HER DNA ...

SEX IS MORE THAN JUST THE PHYSICAL, ESPECIALLY RAW SEX, A LOT IS EXCHANGED...

- A woman who is not a virgin is LESS
- SHE'S NOT FIT FOR MARRIAGE, EXPECT IF SHE WAS CONFIRMED TO BE RAPED, A WIDOW OR DIVORCED.
CHECK YOUR BIBLE (old testament)

Any man who pays a full bride price on a woman with multiple sexual partners and history is a SIMP and a certified FÕÕL.

Everything is not about sex, but WHAT'S THERE TO CHERISH, LOVE, ADORE AND ENJOY IN A HOLE THAT VARIOUS MEN HAVE DEPOSITED THEIR GENETIC FLUIDS?

A girl that has gone through "A LOT"

A girl that "A LOT" has gone through...

A girl that has been passed around like football by multiple men...

GOD FORBID BAD THING!

PERSONAL, I CAN NEVER LOVE A GIRL THAT IT'S NOT ME THAT DEFLOWERED HER OR THAT OTHER MEN HAVE SLEPT WITH.

I can like and tolerate you but I can never ever love you genuinely.

You've actually said nothing. Hope your sisters married as virgins. And hope you've not slept with any girl and didn't marry her.
Re: Should Christian Couples Confess Adultery To Their Partners? by Nobody: 1:42pm On May 07, 2023
UyaiIncomparabl:
I don't advise such. Take it to your graves. Especially for the woman.
Chai una get heart sha!
Re: Should Christian Couples Confess Adultery To Their Partners? by Noaim: 1:45pm On May 07, 2023
cutecommend:

Just let your partner know about it. If they accept it, that’s fine else just ask for a divorce and move on with your damn life while you find a way to compensate your hurting partner. Why are you people so attached to religion to the point of refusing to face realities and think 🤔? Staying married is not compulsory and if it doesn’t work out especially when one’s peace of mind is threatened, just let go of it. The only important individuals here are the young offsprings who need parental guidance and support. Enslaved slowpokes.

Re: Should Christian Couples Confess Adultery To Their Partners? by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 1:58pm On May 07, 2023
Killbillz:

Chai una get heart sha!

I know.
Re: Should Christian Couples Confess Adultery To Their Partners? by orisa37: 2:01pm On May 07, 2023
VD IS VENGEANCE.
Re: Should Christian Couples Confess Adultery To Their Partners? by IgbosNIGHTMARE: 2:26pm On May 07, 2023
amydulsia:

You've actually said nothing. Hope your sisters married as virgins. And hope you've not slept with any girl and didn't marry her.
You're actually just miserable and pained.
Spreading legs for men is always a choice - A CHOICE THAT'S USUALLY ORCHESTRATED BY STUPIDITY AND/OR GREED!!! except in the case of rape...

It's nobody's fault that your might have lost your virginity due to stupidity and greedy to a low-lifer you no longer see. It's absolutely your fault!
Virginity is the greatest gift a girl can give to any man.
You can give numerous men sex, love, children and marriages, but you can only give one man your virginity. Unfortunately for you...
More so, God love sexual purity and that is why he didn't choose a WHORÈ to birth Jesus but a Virgin.
Re: Should Christian Couples Confess Adultery To Their Partners? by SenatePresdo(m): 3:58pm On May 07, 2023
Bahamas95:
I don't regard apology as a big deal, if I offend someone I would definitely seek for forgiveness but not in a sentitive issue like adultery.

I have this feeling that my wife would never trust me again even after forgiving me, I don't wanna find myself in a situation where I would be trying to get back her trust. Anytime I don't come home early I don't want her to be saying "I hope this man has not started cheating again?"

I would prefer to stop the act, confess to God and shower her with love.

The right thing to do is not always the best thing to do.

I personally would not tell my wife, neither would I ask anybody for forgiveness.

But in a Christian point of view confession is the right thing to do.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How Well Did I Understand Grace Before I Understood Grace? - Paul Ellis / Catholic Bishops Express Delight At The First Chapel In Enugu Govt House / Anambra Anglican Priest Makes U-Turn, Rescinds From His Pro-Polygamy Movement

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.