Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,645 members, 7,801,875 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:18 AM

Black Women Rocking Their Natural Hair - Fashion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Black Women Rocking Their Natural Hair (155036 Views)

My Natural Hair Wants To Kill Me Before My Time / Black Women: "Why Don’t You Wear Your Hair Natural?” / Video Tutorial : Download Free Makeup Tutorial For Black Women (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Black Women Rocking Their Natural Hair by anonymous6(f): 2:06am On Sep 26, 2011
[img]http://api.ning.com/files/EUfUOrZavl*xBMu6Eu1b25epESeQQx8mCoZoRLSMj8Sfbi8ikxwoTJE9JschDQr7DnJTWt-1fz9qpFNRLqHcGTdaEfqz6Ys5/tocarra.jpg[/img]
Re: Black Women Rocking Their Natural Hair by Lax75(m): 2:24am On Sep 26, 2011
anonymous6:

Ouch! Who is this? She can have my babies, I won't object.

For God!!!
Re: Black Women Rocking Their Natural Hair by anonymous6(f): 2:53am On Sep 26, 2011
Re: Black Women Rocking Their Natural Hair by kony1(m): 3:40am On Sep 26, 2011
I stand by what i said. The majority of black women promoted in hollywood are not lightskinned

[img]http://4.bp..com/_ND920tPjWkA/SSNq7TeReWI/AAAAAAAARCQ/AiCbZabMNM0/s400/sanaa+lathan+24+face.jpg[/img]

And much much more. I agree hip hop is lightskin washed but not hollywood. Halle berry is not even light skin

And nicole ari parker is not biracial
Re: Black Women Rocking Their Natural Hair by anonymous6(f): 4:18am On Sep 26, 2011
well I stand with my opinion but I am not denying that there are a prevalence of brown skinned african american women/actresses in hollywood

well some sites call Nicole Ari Parker biracial: http://ethnicelebs.com/nicole-ari-parker
Re: Black Women Rocking Their Natural Hair by kony1(m): 4:26am On Sep 26, 2011
All shes saying is that her mother was lightskin. Shes just a lightskin black women. Not biracial

And you said the majority were light skinned. Which they are not
Re: Black Women Rocking Their Natural Hair by Jenifa1: 4:39am On Sep 26, 2011
k.o.n.y:

All shes saying is that her mother was lightskin. Shes just a lightskin black women. Not biracial
And you said the majority were light skinned. Which they are not

I am assuming you are a light skinned guy yourself which explains why you consider those women you posted (and halle berry) to be dark skinned. maybe they are dark compared to you.
Re: Black Women Rocking Their Natural Hair by anonymous6(f): 4:40am On Sep 26, 2011
yes the majority are light skinned but I'm not denying that there is a prevalence of brown skinned african american women in hollywood
Re: Black Women Rocking Their Natural Hair by anonymous6(f): 4:45am On Sep 26, 2011
@jenifa
"I am assuming you are a light skinned guy yourself which explains why you consider those women you posted (and halle berry) to be dark skinned. maybe they are dark compared to you."

thank you
Re: Black Women Rocking Their Natural Hair by kony1(m): 4:52am On Sep 26, 2011
Those women have an average complexion amongst blacks. They are in no way light skin
Re: Black Women Rocking Their Natural Hair by anonymous6(f): 4:58am On Sep 26, 2011
we know those women you listed are brown skinned black, I mean who would think Angela Bassett is light skinned(I don't) but we are not talking about them though
Re: Black Women Rocking Their Natural Hair by Jenifa1: 5:03am On Sep 26, 2011
they are lighter than average imo.
but for hollywood standard, they are dark skinned.
Re: Black Women Rocking Their Natural Hair by anonymous6(f): 5:17am On Sep 26, 2011
Re: Black Women Rocking Their Natural Hair by Nobody: 5:20am On Sep 26, 2011
My hair is growing, but soooo hard to comb angry tongue

Hopes it looks like this ( the chic in Afro, green dress) in 2 yrs or so embarassed
Re: Black Women Rocking Their Natural Hair by anonymous6(f): 5:24am On Sep 26, 2011
@Jenifa
Yup, To hollywood all those females are dark skinned
Re: Black Women Rocking Their Natural Hair by anonymous6(f): 5:26am On Sep 26, 2011
@Ileki Idi
yeah that's the disadvantage when it comes to our hair, also the lady in the green is Erykah Badu
Re: Black Women Rocking Their Natural Hair by kony1(m): 5:32am On Sep 26, 2011
anonymous6:

we know those women you listed are brown skinned black, I mean who would think Angela Bassett is light skinned(I don't) but we are not talking about them though

WTH are you talking about? Those women and women around their complexion dominate hollywood not lightskin women. And no they are not lighter than the average black women on the street
Re: Black Women Rocking Their Natural Hair by anonymous6(f): 5:52am On Sep 26, 2011
"Those women and women around their complexion dominate hollywood not lightskin women. And no they are not lighter than the average black women on the street"

not in my eyes, I disagree & lets just leave it as that because angela basett(barely in many movies like when she was younger), jada pinkett smith(hasn't been in a movie for years; she is only mentioned cause her husband is will smith now a days), kerry washington, Sana Lathan(haven't seen her for a while) are barely in movies and when they are they are in a movie it's a Black hollywood movies. To hollywood they are dark skinned women, I keep hearing about Halle berry(after her best actress oscar win) & Zoe Saldana(after avatar, guess who & Star trek) from hollywood not these women you listed but I never call those women you listed light skinned. You brought those women up & I never said they are darker or lighter then the average black women in the street at least for angela basett and Kerry Washington but Jada pinkett smith & Sana Lathan to a extent it is debatable because I have heard some african americans call jada light skinned when I don't think she is.

PLEASE STOP DERAILING THIS THREAD
Re: Black Women Rocking Their Natural Hair by Nobody: 5:58am On Sep 26, 2011
anonymous6:

@Ileki Idi
yeah that's the disadvantage when it comes to our hair, also the lady in the green is Erykah Badu

Yes oh, i have to condition often to soften it since its growing longer and harder to maintain.

sad
Re: Black Women Rocking Their Natural Hair by anonymous6(f): 6:04am On Sep 26, 2011
@Ileki Idi
what black women go through to maintain our hair
Re: Black Women Rocking Their Natural Hair by anonymous6(f): 11:34pm On Sep 26, 2011
Re: Black Women Rocking Their Natural Hair by anonymous6(f): 11:42pm On Sep 26, 2011
Re: Black Women Rocking Their Natural Hair by anonymous6(f): 2:13pm On Sep 27, 2011
Re: Black Women Rocking Their Natural Hair by armyofone(m): 5:33pm On Sep 27, 2011
Ebony, what conditional brand do you use? i'm using Mizani shampoo and conditional. i stop Panthene for black hair.
what do you think about Mizani?

i'm growing my real hair too. i have micro braid right now.

OP, do you object to micro braids and long twist? i guess it is fake too grin
Re: Black Women Rocking Their Natural Hair by emofine(f): 6:15pm On Sep 27, 2011
. . .erm when I first stumbled across this thread I was intrigued mainly because I assumed it was going to be about black woman's hair in the original texture - that's how I interpreted "natural hair" to mean undecided . . . well anyway anonymous6 nice thread keep it up.

anonymous6:

[img]http://abagond.files./2008/10/bre06.jpg[/img]

she's gorgeous!
Re: Black Women Rocking Their Natural Hair by emofine(f): 6:21pm On Sep 27, 2011
[center]

[/center]
Re: Black Women Rocking Their Natural Hair by anonymous6(f): 9:55pm On Sep 27, 2011
@armyofone
"OP, do you object to micro braids and long twist? i guess it is fake too"

No, I see nothing wrong with micro braids or long twist; africans have been doing that for ages since the Nok & Egyptians Empires. So I don't have issues with braids or twist: http://csdt.rpi.edu/african/cornrow_curves/culture/african.origins.htm http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cornrows
http://www.danitadelimont.com/results.asp?txtkeys1=Braided+Hair

Plus when I was in the mid years of middle school to early years of high school I used to style my hair in micro braids

micro braids

Twist
Re: Black Women Rocking Their Natural Hair by anonymous6(f): 10:05pm On Sep 27, 2011
Re: Black Women Rocking Their Natural Hair by anonymous6(f): 10:34pm On Sep 27, 2011
Re: Black Women Rocking Their Natural Hair by Lax75(m): 3:29am On Sep 28, 2011
Love braids. I think they even make women look younger.
Re: Black Women Rocking Their Natural Hair by anonymous6(f): 11:52pm On Sep 28, 2011
@Lax75
I agree braids are beautiful
Re: Black Women Rocking Their Natural Hair by anonymous6(f): 11:53pm On Sep 28, 2011

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

My Gallery Of Beaded Jewellry / Hack - Game Of War Fire Age - GOW Hack MOD Apk Android Tested / Nigerian Girls Are The Most Beautiful In Africa!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.