Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,572 members, 7,809,082 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:39 PM

Total Oil And Gas Workers - Career (36) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Total Oil And Gas Workers (222711 Views)

I Need Your Urgent Advice Conserning Total Oil Limited Appointment / Job Vacancy At Total Oil Limited Nigeria / Total Oil And Gas Test (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (33) (34) (35) (36) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Total Oil And Gas Workers by NapoleonHill: 10:25am On Jun 25, 2022
Dreldee:

Do you have idea of their current salary

No.
Re: Total Oil And Gas Workers by Lala222: 6:31pm On Jun 25, 2022
I'm interested in working in an oil company as a Business Development officer or an entry level staff,
I'm available for opportunities.
Thank you.
I'm reachable via mail
Re: Total Oil And Gas Workers by ExpertNLer: 4:07pm On Jun 26, 2022
There is a current recruitment going on that will end July 7. Check careers.total.com for the latest vacancies
NapoleonHill:

Senior man, do you have already or you're at the negotiating stage? When did you apply or is it through referral?
Re: Total Oil And Gas Workers by ExpertNLer: 4:08pm On Jun 26, 2022
20m+ per annum for engineer as at 2018 recruitment
Dreldee:

Do you have idea of their current salary
Re: Total Oil And Gas Workers by Dreldee: 5:38pm On Jun 26, 2022
ExpertNLer:
20m+ per annum for engineer as at 2018 recruitment

Good one, thanks.
Buh is it for fresh graduate or experience hire engineer?
And by engineer you mean Information System Engineer or it goes for all engineers?
Plus is before tax I guess?
That reminds me, nice to see in this thread scholar.
Re: Total Oil And Gas Workers by ExpertNLer: 9:00pm On Jun 26, 2022
graduate. experience is much hire - I mean engineer in upstream e.g mechanical, process etc. Information systems should be slightly lower than the typical upstream ones
Dreldee:

Good one, thanks.
Buh is it for fresh graduate or experience hire engineer?
And by engineer you mean Information System Engineer or it goes for all engineers?
Plus is before tax I guess?
That reminds me, nice to see in this thread scholar.
Re: Total Oil And Gas Workers by Dreldee: 2:03pm On Jun 27, 2022
ExpertNLer:
graduate. experience is much hire - I mean engineer in upstream e.g mechanical, process etc. Information systems should be slightly lower than the typical upstream ones

oh I got it.
thank you Boss.
Re: Total Oil And Gas Workers by friffy: 9:17am On Jul 21, 2022
Good day Engineers,

Please what is the Daily net rate offshore . A client is in the negotiation stage.
Re: Total Oil And Gas Workers by Dreldee: 5:56pm On Jul 21, 2022
friffy:
Good day Engineers,

Please what is the Daily net rate offshore . A client is in the negotiation stage.
Which one come be daily net rate offshore
Re: Total Oil And Gas Workers by Polchiz(m): 12:49am On Jul 25, 2022
dayo1401:
Boy...you wanna know the truth....Biochemistry wont get you ur oil job...and forget this oil job u re talking about....you must have a career first before talking about oil...say forget you are an accountant..or biz analyst..or finance analyst..or hr professional..

but in your own case..you are a biochemist..oil companies dont need biochemist..thats the truth...( i am talking from experience..i have bsc in biochemistry just like you ok)...

look at it this way..its all about competition...where will you be able to compete and compete well...risk management hello no...someone with MBA with beat you to it...

off shore technology..what is that..what will you be working as...where off shore...on the rig>.thats the question...will you be able to compete with someone that read pipeline engineering ...??..remember its all about competition..unless you know someone

my advice..if you dont intend on being a lecturer...forget your biochemist ...if you want to be a lecturer..pursue your phd in biochemistry..you can compete well...cos u ve phd in ur field...otherwise...pursue and MBA..after that you can tailor it to whatever you want....e.g...do IT..mayb oracle/sap/ traing..and compete as a IT analyst/ manager/ it project manager/it business analyst....or you tailor or MBA to project management..do pmp/prince2..or tailor it to to anything you feel relevant or wanted....or maybe even risk as you rightly spotted...a certification in risk management wil do..with your MBA degree..you can compete as a risk manager..your biochemistry background can b overlooked

its all very simple...there is a lot of competition..ensure you stand out...by the way..make sure you grad with a distinction so you can compete..remember you are coming from norway..which isnt uk or us...there is alot of competition..

forget oil companies for now...tailor your career...come home take any job to build experience...tight it up with certification..and about 5 yrs experience..then you can face oil companiyes..

BIOCHEMISTY IS A RUBBISH DEGREE...(by the way i now work as a project manager...did a msc degree IT management from a leading university in the uk)
You are wrong.

Shell employs Biochemists in the Technical business area of Innovation, Research and Development.
It is clearly stated.

In fact with the 2050 target for Zero carbon, they highly needed.

Additionally, any graduate can be trained for Downstream Commercial sector especially in Supply Chain and Logistics.
Re: Total Oil And Gas Workers by ExpertNLer: 9:13am On Jul 25, 2022
Not Shell NG sha - That's Shell US and Shell UK that are heavy on R&grin
Polchiz:

You are wrong.

Shell employs Biochemists in the Technical business area of Innovation, Research and Development.
It is clearly stated.

In fact with the 2050 target for Zero carbon, they highly needed.

Additionally, any graduate can be trained for Downstream Commercial sector especially in Supply Chain and Logistics.
Re: Total Oil And Gas Workers by Polchiz(m): 10:20am On Jul 25, 2022
ExpertNLer:
No wonder nothing good is happening in Nigeria.
Re: Total Oil And Gas Workers by Polchiz(m): 10:23am On Jul 25, 2022
ExpertNLer:

And you didn't tell the guy that he also has opportunity in DPR as an environmentalist.

Does that only exist in UK and USA?

Maybe DPR is not part of oil and gas.

Who do you employ in your Sales, Trading, Supply Chain and Logistics divisions?

We don't study that in Nigeria.
Re: Total Oil And Gas Workers by ExpertNLer: 11:42am On Jul 25, 2022
Oh definitely there's opportunities for environmentalist. I wasn't saying there isn't opportunity for environmentalist. Just that the opportunities are not as much vs traditional engineering
Polchiz:

And you didn't tell the guy that he also has opportunity in DPR as an environmentalist.

Does that only exist in UK and USA?

Maybe DPR is not part of oil and gas.

Who do you employ in your Sales, Trading, Supply Chain and Logistics divisions?

We don't study that in Nigeria.
Re: Total Oil And Gas Workers by Polchiz(m): 11:58am On Jul 25, 2022
ExpertNLer:
Oh definitely there's opportunities for environmentalist. I wasn't saying there isn't opportunity for environmentalist. Just that the opportunities are not as much vs traditional engineering

Only life sciences (Biochemistry, Microbiology, Biology, Zoology) are employed by DPR as Environmentalists.

Any graduate can be trained and employed in Supply Chain and Logistics.

NNPC also employed graduates of Biochemistry, Microbiology, Chemistry and Biology in their Pollution Control and Quality Assurance division.
Re: Total Oil And Gas Workers by LilyOg: 9:15pm On Jul 25, 2022
Abeg! are they recruiting?
Re: Total Oil And Gas Workers by SU50: 11:26am On Sep 08, 2022
Good day all,

This thread has been very insightful and revealing with regards the oil and gas industry. Kudos to the Creator and contributors, your submissions stood the test of time.

I am looking for information regarding IT roles (especially entry level) in the industry. I have. B.Sc and currently working towards a few courses in Fin/data and biz analysis.

What possible roles may one be employed into? What certifications are needed, and given the depth of IT, what particular 'niche' is most occuring and sought after by these coys.

Awaiting your response.
Re: Total Oil And Gas Workers by Dreldee: 12:01am On Sep 14, 2022
Total have started sending mails for aptitude test oo

1 Like

Re: Total Oil And Gas Workers by SU50: 7:19pm On Sep 15, 2022
SU50:
Good day all,

This thread has been very insightful and revealing with regards the oil and gas industry. Kudos to the Creator and contributors, your submissions stood the test of time.

I am looking for information regarding IT roles (especially entry level) in the industry. I have. B.Sc and currently working towards a few courses in Fin/data and biz analysis.

What possible roles may one be employed into? What certifications are needed, and given the depth of IT, what particular 'niche' is most occuring and sought after by these coys.

Awaiting your response.
Re: Total Oil And Gas Workers by Dreldee: 9:24am On Jul 07, 2023

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (33) (34) (35) (36) (Reply)

2022 Access Bank Graduate Trainee Recruitment Has Been Extended / ICAN May 2023 Diet Exam - Let's Meet Here / How Can An Employee Write A Letter To Ask For Leave To Write An Exam?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.