Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,353 members, 7,808,235 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:12 AM

Basket Of Tomatoes Now Costs N58,000 - Agriculture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Basket Of Tomatoes Now Costs N58,000 (39130 Views)

What Is The Current Price Of One Basket Of Tomatoes Up-north / Biggest Tomatoes Market In Kaduna, Nigeria: Basket Of Tomatoes Sold For โ‚ฆ2500 / A Basket Of Tomato Is 150naira In This Village (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Basket Of Tomatoes Now Costs N58,000 by sonnie10: 9:49pm On May 12, 2023
Flick490:
God, the inflation is a hyper kind of. Same basket used to be #350 some years back, not too long.
I'm already tired with life. Survival is too expensive, no one to call for help. If u commit suicide now, they will say u have sinned and that you're a weakling. We Hussle day and night, we don't even sleep. As I write this, I Hussle like a wounded lion looking for money but times are just too hard. I want to go to bed, sleep and never wake up. I don't want to use my hand to do this. I'm tired and God knows
What can 5k do for you?

1 Like

Re: Basket Of Tomatoes Now Costs N58,000 by AmazingELixir: 9:49pm On May 12, 2023
lipsrsealed

Nigerians will just wake up one day and decide to make life difficult for her fellow citizens. What in God's blue skies can justify this greed and wickedness.
Re: Basket Of Tomatoes Now Costs N58,000 by CSTRR: 9:50pm On May 12, 2023
All the apc bastards on nairaland, when your mothers and wives want to buy tomato in the market, give them your apc card.
They will buy it cheap.

Only ipob will buy tomatoes expensive.

6 Likes

Re: Basket Of Tomatoes Now Costs N58,000 by Flick490(m): 9:50pm On May 12, 2023
sonnie10:

What can 5k do for you?

A lot Sir. A lot.
Re: Basket Of Tomatoes Now Costs N58,000 by Kikky12(f): 9:55pm On May 12, 2023
It's true, I was at the market today
Re: Basket Of Tomatoes Now Costs N58,000 by jericco1(m): 9:56pm On May 12, 2023
Flick490:
God, the inflation is a hyper kind of. Same basket used to be #350 some years back, not too long.
I'm already tired with life. Survival is too expensive, no one to call for help. If u commit suicide now, they will say u have sinned and that you're a weakling. We Hussle day and night, we don't even sleep. As I write this, I Hussle like a wounded lion looking for money but times are just too hard. I want to go to bed, sleep and never wake up. I don't want to use my hand to do this. I'm tired and God knows

Hmm
Re: Basket Of Tomatoes Now Costs N58,000 by jericco1(m): 9:56pm On May 12, 2023
It is irritating. I am going to the market tomorrow and I am braced for impact because I know how expensive these things are.

It is well because things aren't just easy anywhere.

2 Likes

Re: Basket Of Tomatoes Now Costs N58,000 by ArcChu: 10:01pm On May 12, 2023
Re: Basket Of Tomatoes Now Costs N58,000 by Ken4Christ: 10:05pm On May 12, 2023
This is what happens when the government is not paying attention to the agricultural sector.

The white man will plan the same tomato and export it to us at a price far cheaper than what we sell it here.

When are we going to have leaders with brains?

2 Likes

Re: Basket Of Tomatoes Now Costs N58,000 by Kossyso: 10:06pm On May 12, 2023
Watch as the price will crash in a few months. It's better to find alternatives in the meantime.

1 Like

Re: Basket Of Tomatoes Now Costs N58,000 by Fuckyoumod: 10:07pm On May 12, 2023
Revolution2022:
You don't know that all the VAT increase by the buhari government will affect food items?
na lie, all Buhari and APC supporters will not be affected. Buhari will make it cheap for them

Only people who are tired of a failed and useless Buhari will be affected.
Re: Basket Of Tomatoes Now Costs N58,000 by MrBanner(m): 10:10pm On May 12, 2023
sonnie10:

What can 5k do for you?

Oga, this guy is a popular scammer on nairaland
Re: Basket Of Tomatoes Now Costs N58,000 by lilyheaven: 10:11pm On May 12, 2023
Na carrot stew , I dey now.
adioolayi:
Na wa o...

Na to convert all cookings to concoctions...laced with red oil..

cheesy grin cheesy grin

On a serious note, it's time we embrace the local tomatoes, especially in the southwest...go for the southwest grown tomatoes and not the ones from the North..yes, the northern ones are better , fleshy and less watery..but then, situations like this...no kill yourself...Yoruba tomatoes is equally good. grin cheesy grin

It's well
Re: Basket Of Tomatoes Now Costs N58,000 by MrBanner(m): 10:13pm On May 12, 2023
sonnie10:

What can 5k do for you?

This guy is known for using false stories to whip up sentiments so that people can give him money. Don't say you weren't warned.

Cc" Seun mynd44 nlfpmod mukina2 oam4j rocktation dragnet
Re: Basket Of Tomatoes Now Costs N58,000 by Bigchristo: 10:13pm On May 12, 2023
IamAsiri:

Can you state the current amount of a basket of tomatoes?
Donโ€™t mind the guy, my wife told me now that she and my kids donโ€™t eat much of stew and rice anymore because of the expensiveness of tomatoes ๐Ÿ… in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Basket Of Tomatoes Now Costs N58,000 by Maryam1234(f): 10:28pm On May 12, 2023
Efreda:

Is Awarawa healthy for consumption
Yes Sir just that it's of a watery specie unlike Derica that's thick.Awarawa is the regular water water tomato that's common in the villages this is the season since Derica is phasing out.

1 Like

Re: Basket Of Tomatoes Now Costs N58,000 by evictor305: 10:31pm On May 12, 2023
It's not fake news. I was born in kwara and my parent reside there right now. Normally Big basket of tomatoes used to be around 17k in kwara. Here in FCT i got the same big basket for 4500 barely 2 months ago (can be between 6 or 7k sometimes) but now it's 36 or 38k.
jumper524:
Fake as Bleep news.
On top say tomato no get replacement ni?

1 Like

Re: Basket Of Tomatoes Now Costs N58,000 by Maryam1234(f): 10:31pm On May 12, 2023
Bigchristo:
Donโ€™t mind the guy, my wife told me now that she and my kids donโ€™t eat much of stew and rice anymore because of the expensiveness of tomatoes ๐Ÿ… in Nigeria
Buy dry tomatoes for her we can't do without tomato in the kitchen.Dry one is more healthy than Tin tomatoes no preservatives.

1 Like

Re: Basket Of Tomatoes Now Costs N58,000 by IyaTola: 10:35pm On May 12, 2023
Flick490:
I withdrew 5k today, I ate bought recharge card, transported myself to island and back my sister money remain 550 shocked
Re: Basket Of Tomatoes Now Costs N58,000 by Wasky101: 10:36pm On May 12, 2023
Beremx:
I love cooking fresh tomato stew without adding tomato puree. The scarcity of fresh tomatoes have made me to start using tomato puree to cook.
It is well with Nigeria
What is Nigeria's own in all of this, this is a seasonal vegetable and its out of season. This thing happens every year but u lots fail to plan for it nd quick to shout Nigeria.
I bought 2 baskets for 4k5 from Jos in March.
Tomatoes, pepper, onions cost me 16k plus 6k transportation cost.
I don't have any business with Tomatoes buying till November

1 Like

Re: Basket Of Tomatoes Now Costs N58,000 by Maryam1234(f): 10:39pm On May 12, 2023
If we can make out time to identify seasonal variations in relation to Agrocommodity we won't be finding ourselves in this kinda mess seasonally.We are just too busy to go with trend's;we're still coming back here same season next year to discuss tomato hike grin

It's a yearly affair just that it came in geometrical progression this time around
Let's watch out for onion in few months from now kiss
Re: Basket Of Tomatoes Now Costs N58,000 by Maryam1234(f): 10:43pm On May 12, 2023
Wasky101:

What is Nigeria's own in all of this, this is a seasonal vegetable and its out of season. This thing happens every year but u lots fail to plan for it nd quick to shout Nigeria.
I bought 2 baskets for 4k5 from Jos in March.
Tomatoes, pepper, onions cost me 16k plus 6k transportation cost.
I don't have any business with Tomatoes buying till November

You're absolutely correct Sir,
They're just too busy to identify season of surplus and plan for rainy days kowai.

At the end of the day they Blame Buhari Thank God May 29 is here.

They're blaming Tinubu next year definitely grin
Re: Basket Of Tomatoes Now Costs N58,000 by lilrel(m): 10:55pm On May 12, 2023
Flick490:
Easy young man...no be only you things hard for. Look forward to better days ahead. You still get strength to hustle like wounded lion when some people wound no allow dem comot for house.

1 Like

Re: Basket Of Tomatoes Now Costs N58,000 by Jemex003: 11:03pm On May 12, 2023
HateBigots:
grin what APC cannot destroy does not exist.

APC supporters like LeoDeClown, Yarimo, and HelAnus buy it for #10,000 when they show the sellers their membership card grin grin grin.

Na APC dey plant tometoes? Na hausa people make una lazy to start farming Tomatoes instead of ugwu?
Re: Basket Of Tomatoes Now Costs N58,000 by twodee75: 11:03pm On May 12, 2023
adioolayi:
Na wa o...

Na to convert all cookings to concoctions...laced with red oil..

cheesy grin cheesy grin

On a serious note, it's time we embrace the local tomatoes, especially in the southwest...go for the southwest grown tomatoes and not the ones from the North..yes, the northern ones are better , fleshy and less watery..but then, situations like this...no kill yourself...Yoruba tomatoes is equally good. grin cheesy grin

Good point is now we consume our own farm products, but come to think of it, can what we produce here in south west be sufficient for our consumption in term of population, how many farm settlement do we have here, how many young guy are ready to go to farm? What are the agricultural programs and policies did our states and local governments have in place to encourage the farmers?
Bro we will still depends on farm products from the north for our survival

It's well
Re: Basket Of Tomatoes Now Costs N58,000 by Flick490(m): 11:04pm On May 12, 2023
IyaTola:
I withdrew 5k today, I ate bought recharge card, transported myself to island and back my sister money remain 550 shocked

U can imagine. How will some of us without helper survive?

1 Like

Re: Basket Of Tomatoes Now Costs N58,000 by twodee75: 11:09pm On May 12, 2023
Flick490:

U can imagine. How will some of us without helper survive?

You prudent in your spending
Re: Basket Of Tomatoes Now Costs N58,000 by ozo13(m): 11:11pm On May 12, 2023
IamAsiri:

Can you state the current amount of a basket of tomatoes?
I noticed the one I bought in the Market yesterday was small compared to the way it use to be.
Re: Basket Of Tomatoes Now Costs N58,000 by Flick490(m): 11:11pm On May 12, 2023
twodee75:

You prudent in your spending

I've been prudent so much
Re: Basket Of Tomatoes Now Costs N58,000 by owoshuyi(m): 11:21pm On May 12, 2023
So much for Darling ZADDY's agriculture infrastructure his administration said they improved abi developed ๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†. Can't wait for May 29th to come already.

What is development when ordinary Nigerians are not enjoying it's benefits?
Re: Basket Of Tomatoes Now Costs N58,000 by IJEYdiamond(f): 11:40pm On May 12, 2023
As of Monday a basket of tomatoes was 62k..... do kwara no dey loe

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Anambra Exports Vegetables To The US And Europe - Snapshot / Cowboy Escapes Death In Sokoto After Being Attacked By Angry Cow. Photos/video / Top 10 Producers Of Yam Globally 2022

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.