Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,148 members, 7,807,475 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:57 PM

How To Reduce Hook-ups In Nigeria - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How To Reduce Hook-ups In Nigeria (34256 Views)

With Hook Ups,runs Girls, Oloshos.does Guys Still Keep Girlfriends? / I Need A Sweet Female Fúck Buddy At Ajah, Lekki, Lagos State (no Hook Ups Pls) / How Can I Reduce The Love I Have For This Lady? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Reduce Hook-ups In Nigeria by Karleb(m): 7:33pm On May 14, 2023
Are you a prostitute?

If no, by your logic you must have said no to a lot of sexual advances.

If yes, how many times have you been raped?

It's really hard arguing with dishonest people. I'd rather celebrate the loss of Arsenal.

11 Likes

Re: How To Reduce Hook-ups In Nigeria by folake4u(f): 7:33pm On May 14, 2023
Persephone1:
Honestly Pan just irk me now. You know when you see something annoying but you no react then person still come push am for your face.
I intentionally didn't comment on this topic first because I know nah blame shift go full am, I come drop comment somebody come jump on it. Them just like to silent contrary opinion from ladies, while him no quote Lord wey no reason along with him?

You dey mind these ones? 😂😂😂 as if them don find solutions to their raging hormones cheesy Something wey they control them.

Lol. Of course, it is obvious there'd be blame game especially those Baby, let me put just the tip indisciplined men grin grin

About this hookup thing ehn, I believe when there's no demand, there won't be supply also. Ceteris paribus.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Reduce Hook-ups In Nigeria by Kaycee54321(m): 7:45pm On May 14, 2023
Prostitution is one of the oldest gigs in the world. It'll probably be the last gig to die off before the world ends.

And it's neither the fault of men nor women 🙄

(Some) men need to f.uck without the hassle of commitment ; (Some) women have no problem satisfying that need for economic gain and sometimes, sexual gratification.

Wallahi, this is not even in the list of our problems as a society. It's like chasing rats in a burning house instead of quenching the fire.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Reduce Hook-ups In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:47pm On May 14, 2023
folake4u:

Lol. Of course, it is obvious there'd be blame game especially those Baby, let me put just the tip indisciplined men grin grin

About this hookup thing ehn, I believe when there's no demand, there won't be supply also. Ceteris paribus.

Funny enough Men started this prostitution business just like slavery centuries ago. But nah women them go dey blame for everything.

No demand, no supply, very simple logic. Naira land guys are something else especially romance section. Do they even know the length men go just to get intimate with a lady?

See make I just lock up because one don dey ask if him mama nah prostitute and I wouldn't want to turn this thread upside down grin grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Reduce Hook-ups In Nigeria by folake4u(f): 7:53pm On May 14, 2023
Persephone1:
Funny enough Men started this prostitution business just like slavery centuries ago. But nah women them go dey blame for everything.

No demand, no supply, very simple logic. Naira land guys are something else especially romance section. Do they even know the length men go just to get intimate with a lady?

See make I just lock up because one don dey ask if him mama nah prostitute and I wouldn't want to turn this thread upside down grin grin

Lmao. For real oh. Na men really start this prostitution business but as usual, Straybullet touch women. Na we be scapegoat for their hands. They also blame us for their inability to build African empires like their white counterparts.

Very simple and underrated logic. Look at the Sexuality section of Nairaland (that Ashewo thread), you should sometimes read the comments there, you'd be amazed.

Please turn the thread upside down. I didn't buy data for peace. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Reduce Hook-ups In Nigeria by CaveAdullam: 7:59pm On May 14, 2023
pansophist:
Gerrard59

In a bid to simplify this, I will ask you a few questions.

1. Can you name anything you know of, either a trade, substances (eg drugs), events (e.g. abortion performance), etc, that the government trying to ban it allows the dealers to go free, but arrest/punish only the buyers?

So for example, if I sell harmful drugs, I am free to distribute, manufacture, and advertise, but the government only punishes my customers, not me?

2. If I want to stop alomo bitters in the Nigerian market, Which method is more effective between these two scenarios? Scenario A. Ban importation and make it punishable for dealers to sell such services, AS well as make it punishable for customers to use such products.

Or scenario B, Punish only customers and let the dealers of alomo trade and conduct their business freely?

If you can answer both questions above correctly, then my point will be very clear.

Back to the issue, sellers/service providers always have more power to stop the circulation of a business. There are so many examples I can mention but is it necessary?

When Buhari doesn't want Twitter, he banned it, AND punish those using VPN to access it. That is more effective than just punishing Twitter users. In most countries, prostitution is illegal. If your method is correct, then it should be the other way around, right?

How can you ignore all the societal structures that encourage prostitution and punish only men? it makes no sense frankly. There are hotels specifically to house harlot, then nightclubs, then roadsides where the harlot stands, then hookup sites such as coded runs, and so much more.

You will ignore all these things and just go arrest men? Really? like REALLY? if you want to cut a tree, you do it from the root. You don't cut the fruits and declare success.

My point still stands. If prostitution has to stop, then women have to stop it, not men. Men could be punished for engaging in such services as trafficking girls, building hotels, and so much more.

But it is women, not men, that control sexual access. Not putting the blame on hungry girls that uses prostitution instead of hard work is infantilizing girls.

If the government bans prostitution, which means closing a lot of hotels, banning the site-coded runs, arresting any prostitutes found on junctions, and fining nightclubs heavily, prostitution will reduce overnight.

But to ignore all these and just go for men only? It won't end. A quick example. If I am the only one selling Amala in a city, I have the power to prevent everyone in that city not to eat amala if I refuse to sell. By the same analogy, only women, not men, have the power to stop it.

ANd about my saying that ´men create the society and women integrate into it´, creating a society also means banning prostitution. If men ban prostitution and also punish men luring girls for such services, it will end overnight.

cc. lordAdam16, CaveAdullam

1. Prostitution is an age-long profession. It can only be limited but can't be eradicated.

Prostitutes meet the demands for sex, both for men occupying the totem pole of society and the peasants fighting for crumbs at the bottom.
Prostitutes are for the lower men in the real sense since the men can't easily attract women because of their position in the hierarchy.

2. The proliferation of prostitution today is because of the liberal culture comprising people who have no religion and fear no GOD.
Religious laws have always helped checkmate human extremities.

Whether God exists or doesn't exists is not the debate here. The laws of God matter despite the fairy tales, myths, and allegories.

3. Societal decline takes various shapes. Prostitution is just a part of it.

What about cybercrime?
What about corrupt leaders?
What about sycophants?
What about vicious people?
What about weak-minded and complacent people?
What about the dumb and slug?
What about the drug dealers?
What about the transgressors?

4. Prostitution has a negative ripple effect in society, however, it poses less of a problem when compared with the aforementioned.

To be candid, prostitutes are not the problem of any decayed society; prostitution is a symptom and consequence of that decay, not the cause.

5. There is a moral deficiency in our society today. Immorality is being glorified. Integrity, truthfulness, humility, honesty, and braveness are being disdained.
Meanwhile, society shapes itself to what the people applaud and pass the batons to the next generation.

6. You can't tell the buyer not to buy fruit when you're selling fruits. And you sell fruits because you want the buyer's money. Prostitutes want money; men want sex. It is a simple exchange.

7. Sex is a common feature in the kingdom Animalia. No matter the restrictions placed, there will always be one man, one woman, one boy, or one girl that will still maneuver the restriction and have sex outside a defined relationship or marriage.
Drug dealers come to mind despite the jail sentences or death penalty if found culpable.

8. Prostitution is prolific in nations with poor economies; sex becomes a game of survival.

Prostitutes offer sex because they want money since no man can cater to their needs. Men want to have sex because of their high libido and it correlates with the act of passing their genes had it been they have their spouses they are cuddling by their bedsides.

9. To limit prostitution in underdeveloped nations, the economy of that nation must be improved. Then, men can live up to their standards and cater to their women and practice an agreed polygamous marriage. And women will choose better jobs or have resourceful men that will take care of them rather than opt for prostitution.

10. In developed nations, prostitutes reign because of a lack of morals. If there are more moral individuals who occupy top positions and know the effects of prostitution and promiscuity, especially on women, it will reduce.

11. No man can ban prostitution. The highest is haunting cathouses. And If it happens, trust me, many women will become sellers in the market while men will visit the market more. The church can be used as a place of contact and exchange. Even shopping malls, libraries, and event centers. The business is now stealthy and will become more expensive - compare this with hard drugs.

12. Incessant promiscuity damages both men and women and society at large.

Once society gets better by having better people just like Lee Kwan Yew, former prime minister of Singapore, and the people are enlightened about the long-term consequences of promiscuity and promiscuity not tolerated or applauded, prostitution will reduce to the ground.

Thanks.

7 Likes

Re: How To Reduce Hook-ups In Nigeria by Straybullet: 8:33pm On May 14, 2023
folake4u:

Lmao. For real oh. Na men really start this prostitution business but as usual, Straybullet touch women. Na we be scapegoat for their hands. They also blame us for their inability to build African empires like their white counterparts.

Very simple and underrated logic. Look at the Sexuality section of Nairaland (that Ashewo thread), you should sometimes read the comments there, you'd be amazed.

Please turn the thread upside down. I didn't buy data for peace. grin

Stop mentioning my name angry

4 Likes

Re: How To Reduce Hook-ups In Nigeria by folake4u(f): 8:38pm On May 14, 2023
Straybullet:

Stop mentioning my name angry

Oh my gosh, this monicker exists. 😂😂

1 Like

Re: How To Reduce Hook-ups In Nigeria by Straybullet: 8:44pm On May 14, 2023
folake4u:

Oh my gosh, this monicker exists. 😂😂
wink

3 Likes

Re: How To Reduce Hook-ups In Nigeria by Gerrard59(m): 3:37am On May 15, 2023
pansophist:
Gerrard59

In a bid to simplify this, I will ask you a few questions.

1. Can you name anything you know of, either a trade, substances (eg drugs), events (e.g. abortion performance), etc, that the government trying to ban it allows the dealers to go free, but arrest/punish only the buyers?

Policymakers know that dealing in drugs is not natural and the effects outweigh that of prostitution. In Singapore and Japan, prostitution is not illegal, but dealing in drugs is illegal and punishable by the death penalty in Singapore. Abortion is even more natural and permissible in most cases across the world. Mentioning illegal drugs and prostitution or abortion is an apple-oranges comparison.

2. If I want to stop alomo bitters in the Nigerian market, Which method is more effective between these two scenarios? Scenario A. Ban importation and make it punishable for dealers to sell such services, AS well as make it punishable for customers to use such products.

Or scenario B, Punish only customers and let the dealers of alomo trade and conduct their business freely?

You educate the buyers of Alomo of the dangers involved in drinking it. The aim is to reduce consumption because, you know, people like to drink. The same applies to smoking. Ban Alomo, and you would create a black market because there is always a demand. Again, the effects of consuming Alomo far-outweighs patronising hookers. Prostitution is as old as mankind. It cannot be banned.

If you can answer both questions above correctly, then my point will be very clear.

Back to the issue, sellers/service providers always have more power to stop the circulation of a business. There are so many examples I can mention but is it necessary?

When Buhari doesn't want Twitter, he banned it, AND punish those using VPN to access it. That is more effective than just punishing Twitter users. In most countries, prostitution is illegal. If your method is correct, then it should be the other way around, right?

There are alternatives to Twitter. Buhari banned it, and people moved to Koo, Instagram and Facebook. Ban hookup and what is the alternative for men with raging hormones known as testosterone? What is the alternative to a man who wants to release kongi? In countries where it is illegal, it still thrives because you cannot outlaw it. There are many places people can meet to exchange contacts and have sex. That singular monopoly by women and consistent and constant demand by men says it all - hookup is here to stay.

How can you ignore all the societal structures that encourage prostitution and punish only men? it makes no sense frankly. There are hotels specifically to house harlot, then nightclubs, then roadsides where the harlot stands, then hookup sites such as coded runs, and so much more.

Men cause the societal structures that cause prostitution. It is men who develop societies, not women. In rich societies, hookup is minimal because there are jobs, penalties to discourage sex/jobs-for-grades and economic opportunities for people to par-take in. Even with those opportunities, there are women in the hookup trade because there is a demand for their services.

You will ignore all these things and just go arrest men? Really? like REALLY? if you want to cut a tree, you do it from the root. You don't cut the fruits and declare success.

I never advocated for arresting men for patronising hookers. It is akin to saying men should get married as means to stop patronising hookers, whereas the vast majority of patrons are married men. Arresting does not solve the problem. Actually, it exacerbates it because it will create an underground market.

My point still stands. If prostitution has to stop, then women have to stop it, not men. Men could be punished for engaging in such services as trafficking girls, building hotels, and so much more.

Why should prostitution stop when men are willing to sleep with ladies who offer house cleaning services? Why should it stop when men are willing to sleep with their domestic servants? Why should it stop when at every opportunity, men will want to access the inner parts of a woman's legs? Why should it stop when science says by the presence of testosterone, every man desires to fvck? There is already a demand, why should there not be supply? We have had young men write on Nairaland that if they had vaginas, they would enter the trade because of the huge amounts offered to these ladies? What does that tell you? It means they know there is money in there. Why not tap into the demand?

But it is women, not men, that control sexual access. Not putting the blame on hungry girls that uses prostitution instead of hard work is infantilizing girls.

That is the reason they are charging for that access. It is why countries develop their tourism industry to get money from visitors. Animals full everywhere, but when there is a rising demand by people to see exotic/rare animals, economics says create game reserves and charge visitors money to access it. When there is an enormous demand for a particular service, a way to discourage people is charging high prices. Before now, Japan did not allow foreign gambling, but after seeing the success by Singapore, she has approved the construction of two game gambling resorts. There is a demand. Economics says tap into it. Singapore continues to benefit from the demand, and she has approved the extension of the current Marina Bay Sands in order to maintain dominance. There is a demand. I don't have to like you before I sell services to you.

Women control access to sex, but having seen that there is this insatiable demand for sex by Nigerian men, they have decided it is better to charge them, and at very high prices to gain access to it. Even at these prices, the demand is rising. It simply means these men love sex and will spend any amount just to put the head inside. So charge them. The UAE is a conservative country but realised that there is money in accepting different people from different cultures. She tapped into it. She went further by decriminalising sexual intercourse and allowing unmarried couples to lodge in hotels and legalised the sale of alcohol. Did she say she likes alcohol? Did the UAE say she likes sexually liberal people entering the country and being carefree? No. But the money is too enticing and hard to reject, so why not accept it? Humans will always, in almost every situation, put their economic interests first before emotions. Now, Saudi Arabia aims to replicate the same thing.

That is the power of economics. Since they like sex and will spend money on it, charge them.

If the government bans prostitution, which means closing a lot of hotels, banning the site-coded runs, arresting any prostitutes found on junctions, and fining nightclubs heavily, prostitution will reduce overnight.

It cannot reduce because it is a natural phenomenon. People will create alternatives to meeting and exchanging contacts. Besides, closing hotels and associated businesses will lead to the loss of jobs and taxes. Even El-Rufai does not ban the sale of beer in Kaduna because of the taxes NBC pays the government. It is business. Even when you close those businesses, check very well, the people who will condemn it - men. Married women will be happy and even some girls too will be elated, but men will condemn it the most. Why? They are the consumers and know that an alternative to having releasing kongi does not exist outside the inner linings of a woman's legs.

But to ignore all these and just go for men only? It won't end. A quick example. If I am the only one selling Amala in a city, I have the power to prevent everyone in that city not to eat amala if I refuse to sell. By the same analogy, only women, not men, have the power to stop it.

You depend on your buyers to sell Amala. You did not start selling Amala because you wanted to. You did it because there is a demand by lovers of Amala. The demand by those people necessitated the supply of Amala. If those people did not exist, you would not sell Amala. Companies depend on their customers, not the other way round. But let's say you stop selling Amala, your customers can change to pounded yam or garri. But if women decide to prevent access to men for sex, there is no alternative. So, a category of men will offer higher sums to gain access. In return, some women will decide to follow economics and allow access. Even if the prices are raised, some men will still pay because the urge is there, thereby creating a constant demand. The demand does not fall. It is constant and consistent.

ANd about my saying that ´men create the society and women integrate into it´, creating a society also means banning prostitution. If men ban prostitution and also punish men luring girls for such services, it will end overnight.

Again, you cannot outlaw prostitution. Lee Kuan Yew, who I hold in high esteem, never did. Japanese politicians who I admire never did. You cannot ban prostitution. However, you can build a prosperous society so that the majority of your women will see no need to offer their bodies in order to make ends meet. Then if you create a conservative culture like the Emiratis, the number of your women offering their bodies will drastically reduce. I am willing to bet more Yemeni women are willing to trade their access to their bodies for cash than their Emirati counterparts. Prosperity aka economics trumps religion aka emotions.

Emirati men, Japanese men and Singaporean men NOT Emirati women, Japanese women and Singaporean women were at the forefront of making the UAE, Japan and Singapore prosperous. Nigerian men should do the same and stop the CCTV-ing of women's vaginas.

cc: Karleb

9 Likes 5 Shares

Re: How To Reduce Hook-ups In Nigeria by SavageBoy: 8:52am On May 15, 2023
CaveAdullam:

1. Prostitution is an age-long profession. It can only be limited but can't be eradicated.

Prostitutes meet the demands for sex, both for men occupying the totem pole of society and the peasants fighting for crumbs at the bottom.
Prostitutes are for the lower men in the real sense since the men can't easily attract women because of their position in the hierarchy.

2. The proliferation of prostitution today is because of the liberal culture comprising people who have no religion and fear no GOD.
Religious laws have always helped checkmate human extremities.

Whether God exists or doesn't exists is not the debate here. The laws of God matter despite the fairy tales, myths, and allegories.

3. Societal decline takes various shapes. Prostitution is just a part of it.

What about cybercrime?
What about corrupt leaders?
What about sycophants?
What about vicious people?
What about weak-minded and complacent people?
What about the dumb and slug?
What about the drug dealers?
What about the transgressors?

4. Prostitution has a negative ripple effect in society, however, it poses less of a problem when compared with the aforementioned.

To be candid, prostitutes are not the problem of any decayed society; prostitution is a symptom and consequence of that decay, not the cause.

5. There is a moral deficiency in our society today. Immorality is being glorified. Integrity, truthfulness, humility, honesty, and braveness are being disdained.
Meanwhile, society shapes itself to what the people applaud and pass the batons to the next generation.

6. You can't tell the buyer not to buy fruit when you're selling fruits. And you sell fruits because you want the buyer's money. Prostitutes want money; men want sex. It is a simple exchange.

7. Sex is a common feature in the kingdom Animalia. No matter the restrictions placed, there will always be one man, one woman, one boy, or one girl that will still maneuver the restriction and have sex outside a defined relationship or marriage.
Drug dealers come to mind despite the jail sentences or death penalty if found culpable.

8. Prostitution is prolific in nations with poor economies; sex becomes a game of survival.

Prostitutes offer sex because they want money since no man can cater to their needs. Men want to have sex because of their high libido and it correlates with the act of passing their genes had it been they have their spouses they are cuddling by their bedsides.

9. To limit prostitution in underdeveloped nations, the economy of that nation must be improved. Then, men can live up to their standards and cater to their women and practice an agreed polygamous marriage. And women will choose better jobs or have resourceful men that will take care of them rather than opt for prostitution.

10. In developed nations, prostitutes reign because of a lack of morals. If there are more moral individuals who occupy top positions and know the effects of prostitution and promiscuity, especially on women, it will reduce.

11. No man can ban prostitution. The highest is haunting cathouses. And If it happens, trust me, many women will become sellers in the market while men will visit the market more. The church can be used as a place of contact and exchange. Even shopping malls, libraries, and event centers. The business is now stealthy and will become more expensive - compare this with hard drugs.

12. Incessant promiscuity damages both men and women and society at large.

Once society gets better by having better people just like Lee Kwan Yew, former prime minister of Singapore, and the people are enlightened about the long-term consequences of promiscuity and promiscuity not tolerated or applauded, prostitution will reduce to the ground.

Thanks.

Hello boss, can you drop you drop the link to accessing z-library. Maybe you can drop your email address lemme message you. I need to download some books
Re: How To Reduce Hook-ups In Nigeria by seguno2: 4:20pm On May 15, 2023
Gerrard59:
Again, you cannot outlaw prostitution. Lee Kuan Yew, who I hold in high esteem, never did. Japanese politicians who I admire never did. You cannot ban prostitution. However, you can build a prosperous society so that the majority of your women will see no need to offer their bodies in order to make ends meet. Then if you create a conservative culture like the Emiratis, the number of your women offering their bodies will drastically reduce. I am willing to bet more Yemeni women are willing to trade their access to their bodies for cash than their Emirati counterparts. Prosperity aka economics trumps religion aka emotions.

Emirati men, Japanese men and Singaporean men NOT Emirati women, Japanese women and Singaporean women were at the forefront of making the UAE, Japan and Singapore prosperous. Nigerian men should do the same and stop the CCTV-ing of women's vaginas.

cc: Karleb

Excellent and detailed analysis built around a very good understanding of economics and human psychology.

There is some literature on Yemeni women being procured for marriage etc. You may find it useful.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Reduce Hook-ups In Nigeria by Gerrard59(m): 4:19am On May 16, 2023
seguno2:

Excellent and detailed analysis built around a very good understanding of economics and human psychology.

There is some literature on Yemeni women being procured for marriage etc. You may find it useful.

Thank you. I will check it out.

As for the bold, when people understand elementary economics and psychology, they will understand why humans do things. They will be less surprised. In fact, you can predict what people will do. This is why, these days, nothing surprises me.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Reduce Hook-ups In Nigeria by luminouz(m): 6:50am On May 18, 2023
Lolz!!!

Nothing new here. Same old, same old.
Re: How To Reduce Hook-ups In Nigeria by Sweetvie: 9:30am On May 18, 2023
folake4u:

[/b]About this hookup thing ehn, I believe when there's no demand, there won't be supply also[b]. Ceteris paribus.

Exactly!

1 Like

Re: How To Reduce Hook-ups In Nigeria by SonofGod231: 10:30am On May 18, 2023
Online dating is hookup in Nigeria.
Just say Hi" next thing is Short or Night?
Ask politely,if you guys can see next thing is How much are you giving me".
Anyways,my problem is with the fat and ugly raising their price way up...That's a fundamental problem.

2 Likes

Re: How To Reduce Hook-ups In Nigeria by TheCongo2: 3:26pm On May 18, 2023
Sweetvie:
Get a girlfriend cool

My sweetvie

1 Like

Re: How To Reduce Hook-ups In Nigeria by Sweetvie: 3:59pm On May 18, 2023
TheCongo2:

My sweetvie
Long time.
Where have you been?

1 Like

Re: How To Reduce Hook-ups In Nigeria by WorldRichest: 4:33pm On May 18, 2023
The person wey wan reduce am no go die better. The more they are the lower the price, it’s the law of demand and supply. I beg no increase the price for we the customers
Re: How To Reduce Hook-ups In Nigeria by finallybusy: 4:33pm On May 18, 2023
Make anybody wey read am complete help me summarize. Once original post pass one comment box, I dey tire.

The only true way to stop hookups is to release gases which null people’s sex drive into the atmosphere. No libido means humans will focus on other aspects of survival. Such a situation will lead to regular lives since no male will feel the need to acquire excess wealth to impress females.

2 Likes

Re: How To Reduce Hook-ups In Nigeria by jeffsummers(m): 4:34pm On May 18, 2023
Good day to everyone on nairaland. Pls i want to use this medium to appeal to all nairalanders to help my uncle out. He has stroke for over 3 years now. He is currently recieving treatment and therapy at General Hospital, Kubwa, ABUJA.

The sickness has really drained his finances over these years. Currently he has been asked to purchase some drugs which cost 95,000 naira.

Pls we will be so grateful if anyone can assit us in whatever way they can. No amount is to small as it will go a long way in helping us purchase the drugs as we dont have money and cant bear the cost of the drugs alone.

God bless you all as you assist us. Below are pictures of my uncle and also his patient card at the hospital as proof that this is not a false claim. If anyone still needs any form of verification or proof, i am more than willing to provide such.

pls once again help my uncle. No amount is too small, GOD BLESS YOU ALL

Note... Am having difficulty posting the pics here on nairaland. anyone who wants to assits pls i will send you all proofs on whatsapp
Re: How To Reduce Hook-ups In Nigeria by Kingcalls: 4:35pm On May 18, 2023
cocolacec:
The way to reduce hook up is for the government to arrest the men patronising prostitutes on the streets and the web.

The Government should also fine the men heavily like N500,000 or jail term term of 2 years.
Most men will prefer to pay a fine ,the govt generates good money from these money wasting men and it is utilised back into the society.

Y do governments all over the world go after drug suppliers and not the users ??
Re: How To Reduce Hook-ups In Nigeria by WorldRichest: 4:35pm On May 18, 2023
cocolacec:
The way to reduce hook up is for the government to arrest the men patronising prostitutes on the streets and the web.

The Government should also fine the men heavily like N500,000 or jail term term of 2 years.
Most men will prefer to pay a fine ,the govt generates good money from these money wasting men and it is utilised back into the society.

Are you mentally okay? Shey ooo ya werey shaa?

1 Like

Re: How To Reduce Hook-ups In Nigeria by aspabay(m): 4:36pm On May 18, 2023
The only way to reduce hookups, adultery, and fornication is for people to genuinely know God.

There is a dearth of the knowledge of God in our society. People are just religious but have zero knowledge of God.

Only salvation through Christ can deliver the world

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Reduce Hook-ups In Nigeria by Ijaya123: 4:38pm On May 18, 2023
If hook up stops in Nigeria today, loads of female will die of hunger.

1 Like

Re: How To Reduce Hook-ups In Nigeria by obailala(m): 4:38pm On May 18, 2023
Gerrard59:
Sequel to these threads (https://www.nairaland.com/7678352/hookup-culture-nigeria-bad-even/1#122971617; https://www.nairaland.com/7680544/what-caused-hookup-culture/5#123045490) where Nairalanders, mostly males, keep complaining about the rise of hookup in Nigeria. I thought it pertinent to outline solutions that will REDUCE, not stop the trend.

The demand for sex by men is rising and consistent. As long as men crave sex and women are the only suppliers, nothing can be done. For hookups to reduce, Nigerian men should reduce their insatiable quest to have sex with random women. It is like having a department where male lecturers don’t do engage in sex for grades, ladies who are open to such will be forced to read their books whether they like it or not. Men create the system and women integrate into it. To buttress this, when women who have been doing hook-up attain 30+ years, there is a declining demand for their services because sexual service is tied to age and how young a woman is. As a result, she is either forced to retire or accept lower fees. This is because her customers – all men – have either stopped patronising her or are offering less cash. The men control the system.

It is a biological fact (https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/22552705/#:~:text=Sexual) for men to yearn for sex more than women. Women are literally the only people who can quench this thirst. Some will say it is because of greed, but c’mon! If you own something which is in high demand that is not regulated nor banned by the government, are you saying you won’t charge prices for it? Remember, this demand is consistent and persistent.

But errm, hook-up is the same with yahoo yahoo or drugs trading.

That is not true. Cybercrime, like the name implies, is a crime in almost every part of the world. Some governments legalise sex work and even offer health care services and tax them. But no government has legalised defrauding people online. This is because policymakers realise that sex is a natural phenomenon in which humans and animals indulge. You cannot outlaw people having sex. It is not possible. Even in conservative Dubai (https://www.economist.com/middle-east-and-africa/2023/01/05/women-in-the-middle-east-are-leading-a-revolt-against-prudish-men), women are going behind the corners to import intimacy gadgets. The government by law bans it, but does not arrest those who import it. But try importing guns into the country and see the government’s reaction. Dealing with hard drugs is not a natural concept for humans. It is acquired, so governments ban it or regulate it tightly compared to sex work.

For instance, in Geylang, Singapore, young women mostly from China engage in hookups under regulation from the Singaporean government. But if you transport drugs to Singapore, you get the death penalty, no ifs or buts. Japan has the second biggest porn industry globally, but you will be arrested, denied a lawyer for 21 days and detained or deported if you transport drugs into the country. The UAE restricted Nigerians’ entry, mostly men. The UAE would rather have Nigerian girls doing hookups in Dubai than her men committing cybercrime. There has not been a break-in by the Emirati police to arrest hookers compared to bursting cyber criminals.
Whether we like it or not, the hook-up culture has come to stay. Prostitution is as old as mankind itself; it can't be stopped but can be reduced.

3 factors that led to the hookup pandemic:
1. GREED
2. Erosion of morals
3. POVERTY...

Before now people had a bit more self-value and would feel embarassed to sell themselves for money. But all that has changed; our value system as a people is totally eroded. Old men and women alike, without any iota of self respect or shame, brazenly stealing and behaving like imbeciles just for financial gain once they find themselves in positions of authority. Then we have young boys fully soaked into the Yahoo-Yahoo culture. Even the adults have lost the moral right to chastise the younger ones; previously respectable members of society such as Pastors, Imams etc. can't even chastise these guys any more cos they are also involved. Was only a matter of time before our younger girls (who for a long time have felt left out) would catch-up on the shameless parade.

From the 3 factors I listed above, only 1 can be controlled = POVERTY. Greed is already a part of our lives and our lost morals are already lost for good; the only thing that can be changed is the poverty pandemic. If the people were economically empowered, our girls would place a higher value on their kpekus and the inflation would lead to lower patronage from men, which in-turn would reduce the prevalence of the problem.
Re: How To Reduce Hook-ups In Nigeria by Jennyclay(f): 4:39pm On May 18, 2023
Mtcheww!!!!
Re: How To Reduce Hook-ups In Nigeria by Brownshoe: 4:39pm On May 18, 2023
cocolacec:

hmm correction centre will be full to the bream .
Re: How To Reduce Hook-ups In Nigeria by MeaslesMumpsRub: 4:40pm On May 18, 2023
The Dick of Men think independently of the Man Himself. Take this as a thumb rule though there may be exceptions.
Re: How To Reduce Hook-ups In Nigeria by New007: 4:40pm On May 18, 2023
I'm surprised you didn't add a functioning government that understands the plight of Nigerians as one of the solutions. That is the major problem.
Re: How To Reduce Hook-ups In Nigeria by Ola4lead(m): 4:40pm On May 18, 2023
People will just wake up jobless and find something useless to write on

Demand for Sex have been from onset and so shall it continue. Amen

3 Likes

Re: How To Reduce Hook-ups In Nigeria by lexy2014: 4:41pm On May 18, 2023
Regex:

Sometimes you still pay for sex on Tinder abroad.

Have you paid for sex on tinder?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Why Are Men Losing Interest In Settling Down? / How To Be A Real Lagos Big Girl / How Do I Control The Urge To Have Sex

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 130
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.