Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,277 members, 7,807,932 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:01 PM

Do You Make Someone Your Enemy When You Are Generous To Them ? - Family (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Do You Make Someone Your Enemy When You Are Generous To Them ? (53282 Views)

Families In Africa Act As If They Own You When You Make Money- Mikel Obi Laments / What Mistakes Did You Make And You Don't Want Your Children To Make? / If Your Brother Is Still Generous To Your Family After Marriage, Thank His Wife’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Make Someone Your Enemy When You Are Generous To Them ? by Pacyrus(m): 7:51am On May 12, 2023
sukkot:
yeah lmao . Well no more. So many people would scheme to make you their work chop. Especially security guards. I saw the snake this morning unsolicitedly washing the BMW of the Neighbor. He has transferred to another person. I trust that other guy he is not civilised like me. You can wash his car 7 days a week and he will not drop shishi. Rich people are very stingy
Very very stingy. They find it really difficult to lending a helping hand. angry
Re: Do You Make Someone Your Enemy When You Are Generous To Them ? by NoBones: 8:04am On May 12, 2023
They are everywhere........I moved into an apartment the landlord was also staying there, the children were schooling somewhere in town very far from our home, so I decided on my own to be helping them to drop the children in School before I proceed to work.

On day I was not feeling fine and decided not to go to the office that's how the children came and were knocking on my door when I opened the door and told them I won't be dropping them because am sick.

The went and told their mother, throughout that day the woman was making face for me, to the extent she went and was telling one of our neighbors that I stopped dropping her children in School because of one of one single lady in our compound who was very good friends with me.
It will even amaze you to know that one day I was lying down inside and the landlord sent the children to come and tell me to give him keys to my car so that he would drop the children in School since I was very busy......some people can be very mean and funny, my dear Pastor friend cautioned me against starting what I can't finish

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Do You Make Someone Your Enemy When You Are Generous To Them ? by femmoy(m): 8:41am On May 12, 2023
ibkayee:

It’s a shame because not everyone is like this, people genuinely in need and not looking to fleece you miss out because of the entitled ones

So pathetic but it's for real.
Re: Do You Make Someone Your Enemy When You Are Generous To Them ? by Divoc19(f): 9:14am On May 12, 2023
I try to make peace but these people don't change. It's inbuilt. May God help us. Sometimes I just allow things beyond my control be
vastolord4:

It's almost nearly impossible!. If you stay with them it's worse.. if you don't, you'll see them once in a while and your kids will bond with theirs that's if they haven't poisoned their kids with toxicity.. best option is to educate your kids in time about it or make peace with them. wink

1 Like

Re: Do You Make Someone Your Enemy When You Are Generous To Them ? by Born2conquer: 9:23am On May 12, 2023
otipoju:

When I visited my
mum, she was upset and asked why I was dressing like that and not like a diasporan...I told her you don't know what Nigeria has become. I even book like 3 hotels staying in one for not more than a week...so the receptionists don get too familiar. One told me the quality of the simple t-shirt I wore gave me away.

I grew up knowing the streets and I still stay current My driver was frustrated one day and said why don't I go out in the night to enjoy life like other people. I sey were want make I drink and dey vulnerable and easier to kidnap.

Many Nigerians are devil incarnate. Once I finish wetin dey carry me come...I won't visit for a very very long time.

Life no too hard like that though, if you can't enjoy life in Nigeria, where can you na enjoy it?

There are several locations, lounges, restaurants that are strictly meant for Rich men, nobody will even look at you twice if you go to such locations.

Dress simple but don't dress haggard.

If you allow fear to override you, you will think everybody out there is trying to kill you when in the actual sense, everybody is minding their own business.

The KEY, Move and stay with things on your calibre.
-Lodge in hotels of high class, the staff won't harass you because they're well paid.
-Eat in restaurants for high class, you will have your privacy and also meet other rich men as you.
-Attend rich men church, and you will even feel down with doings that would oppress you.
-Go to lounges that would humble you, there is a lounge on the island that is only accessible by yatch, steamboat grin

Nigeria SWEETTTT

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do You Make Someone Your Enemy When You Are Generous To Them ? by sukkot: 9:24am On May 12, 2023
RPG2020:

Start thinking outside the box that's how i live my Life
can you be specific bro ? All these vague suggestions mean nothing
Re: Do You Make Someone Your Enemy When You Are Generous To Them ? by sukkot: 9:25am On May 12, 2023
Iamuk:

I dey tell you.
We all came alone and we all are going alone.
ashes to ashes and dust to dust

1 Like

Re: Do You Make Someone Your Enemy When You Are Generous To Them ? by sukkot: 9:28am On May 12, 2023
Klass99:

Well said 👍. Leave Sukkot make him dey form the guy is skinny, young and harmless. Some of his posts just made me smile.
hehe darling I am cooked. That guy can't see me talk less of touch me cheesy
Re: Do You Make Someone Your Enemy When You Are Generous To Them ? by sukkot: 9:29am On May 12, 2023
1Sharon:

You can't see my comment? 😧
nah Sharon but I think I saw someone with a quote of it. Something about I should have given him the indomie and moved on
Re: Do You Make Someone Your Enemy When You Are Generous To Them ? by sukkot: 9:34am On May 12, 2023
Klass99:

grin. Okay sweetheart I am happy for you. Stay cooked and guarded by the angels.

Once again thumbs up for respectful and interesting engagement with other users, I find your threads enjoyable because of that attitude.

thank you Klass. Much appreciated. I am not always perfect but I do try to be civilised . Without which we are just talking animals. wink
Re: Do You Make Someone Your Enemy When You Are Generous To Them ? by sukkot: 9:35am On May 12, 2023
godofuck231:
read the warning "do not feed the animals" when out of food , they turn on you
yeah lol
Re: Do You Make Someone Your Enemy When You Are Generous To Them ? by sukkot: 9:41am On May 12, 2023
slex:
@sukkot same thing too with the securities at my place and some others who are around you only because of what they can gain from you.

They are never there for you , it s all about themselves and ass licking . Once the sweets disappear, they will free you .

Once they stop getting free drinks , outings , food , money from u just know they will move into the next and they may even say bad things about you to people.

Just stop smiling unnecessarily from now on .
i don't even smile at all. I don't interact either. I don't talk to people like that. Everything I do with a straight face. So it's not a case of see finish. It's mostly cultural differences. He is a Fulani or kanuri guy and in that part of the world I am an infidel. So he probably just low key pissed off that he is the gateman to infidels . But that's his problem not mine. Left to me he would be fired. Let every man open his own gate. Are you crippled ? Opening gate is too much hard work for you ? Lol.

3 Likes

Re: Do You Make Someone Your Enemy When You Are Generous To Them ? by sukkot: 9:46am On May 12, 2023
Princewell2012:
You gave someone a goat but refused to release the rope, have you given him the goat
Whenever you gave out something don't expect a reward, either by kind or cash. Do it from the bottom of your heart.
Given and started regretting show that you re not doing it from the bottom of your heart.

It it like you wishing some good morning and the person did not reply you back or say anything, then you're offended. At that point you have withdrawn you're Good wishes from him.

Again you re also discouraging the good people to stop being benevolent to others because of your own experience .

A generous man is a generous man any time any day, and can never be changed from it.
If I became wicked because of you, then I'm a wicked person from onset I was only pretending all these while.
Character is a character, and can never be changed. God bless you.
who said I am expecting something from him ? He does nothing for me. I make sure he does nothing for me. He tried washing my car once and I told him never to wash my car that I enjoy washing it myself. And I do enjoy washing the car myself. So he does nothing for me and I expect nothing from him . I don't even want him opening the gate for me because I detect a Slave and master relationship in him doing that so most times I tell him chill don't worry I would open it myself
Re: Do You Make Someone Your Enemy When You Are Generous To Them ? by sukkot: 9:50am On May 12, 2023
Ubanz:
I once met a guy who voiced out that " if you like give me present every day the day u refuse giving me,I will forget all ur previous good deeds" isn't that insane?
i think they call it WHAT HAVE YOU DONE FOR ME LATELY lol

1 Like

Re: Do You Make Someone Your Enemy When You Are Generous To Them ? by sukkot: 9:54am On May 12, 2023
pacespot:
But your never told us how the guy become your sworn enemy, is it because he refused to take your trash to the bin?

Mind you, he is your security guard at the gate, not your domestic servant, it is within his right to reject taking your trash.
absolutely nothing to do with the trash. The demeanour when he sees me now, it's like he is scowling and frowning harder. But then again everybody is scowling and frowning harder now these days as everywhere done red grin. But yeah before he will have this meek sheepish smile when he sees me but now it's fighting face
Re: Do You Make Someone Your Enemy When You Are Generous To Them ? by sukkot: 10:02am On May 12, 2023
fancifulasuquo:
Oga this your story is one sided, aside the security job there are other thing the guy does for you which although you don’t want to mention. Am sure He washes your car, run errands, take out your trash (which you unknowingly mentioned) besides how much do you think His company pays him ? You want him to do extra work for u instead of adding some tips you want to blackmail him as a typical Nigerian that you are. Tufiakwa
he does absolutely nothing for me. I make sure he does nothing. He tried to wash my car once and I told him never to do it. Bro ? I don't use people. Some of you see people as disposable objects or entities to be used and abused, when I see people I say souls on a journey in the underworld called earth. It's a journey through the pit. A journey of pain and affliction. And I always make sure I am never the one increasing another souls pain and affliction in this journey. And so I make sure this guy does absolutely nothing for me. Even that thrash picking I already told him I do it on my own but he would just sneak and pick it up at night for which I always make sure I reciprocate in kind whenever he picks the thrash

1 Like

Re: Do You Make Someone Your Enemy When You Are Generous To Them ? by sukkot: 10:09am On May 12, 2023
NoBones:
They are everywhere........I moved into an apartment the landlord was also staying there, the children were schooling somewhere in town very far from our home, so I decided on my own to be helping them to drop the children in School before I proceed to work.

On day I was not feeling fine and decided not to go to the office that's how the children came and were knocking on my door when I opened the door and told them I won't be dropping them because am sick.

The went and told their mother, throughout that day the woman was making face for me, to the extent she went and was telling one of our neighbors that I stopped dropping her children in School because of one of one single lady in our compound who was very good friends with me.
It will even amaze you to know that one day I was lying down inside and the landlord sent the children to come and tell me to give him keys to my car so that he would drop the children in School since I was very busy......some people can be very mean and funny, my dear Pastor friend cautioned me against starting what I can't finish
he wanted your car keys too ? Wow the boldness and audacity shocked

1 Like

Re: Do You Make Someone Your Enemy When You Are Generous To Them ? by Ombudsman1: 10:26am On May 12, 2023
YOU GEH MIND SHA. PERSON STAY HIM OWN YOU CARRY SARDINES DEY GIVE AM.

YOU WAN START BUILDING WEY YOU FIT NO FINISH IN 20 YEARS

1 Like

Re: Do You Make Someone Your Enemy When You Are Generous To Them ? by karnap(m): 10:37am On May 12, 2023
GodWrites:

Your story is even vexing me self. Why would you put up with that? Warn him seriously and stop being Mr. Nice.

Its not bad,to treat someone nice,yeah!! But I'm put off with it lesson learned.
Re: Do You Make Someone Your Enemy When You Are Generous To Them ? by karnap(m): 10:38am On May 12, 2023
grin omo ,like eahhn am just feed up
sukkot:
lol that guy na winch ooo
Re: Do You Make Someone Your Enemy When You Are Generous To Them ? by RPG2020(m): 10:42am On May 12, 2023
sukkot:
can you be specific bro ? All these vague suggestions mean nothing

Then stay in your miserable circle ⭕🔴 grin
Re: Do You Make Someone Your Enemy When You Are Generous To Them ? by babaalagbo11(m): 10:49am On May 12, 2023
I think I'm the only one this thing bother on a daily basis,you can't help or have kind heart in Nigeria now without people seeing you like mumu or even using it against you...
Re: Do You Make Someone Your Enemy When You Are Generous To Them ? by syntekelite(m): 10:58am On May 12, 2023
Thats why the bible said " give to those who can not repay you nor have any means to " that way you expect nothing back while they are too grateful to be entitled..
Re: Do You Make Someone Your Enemy When You Are Generous To Them ? by babaalagbo11(m): 11:00am On May 12, 2023
sukkot:
See at this point I don't understand most Nigerians anymore. Every time I offer a helping hand to Nigerians they turn to your enemy. I don't understand the dynamics behind it. The whole interaction just gets very awkward after that . It's like they hate you for " humbling " them. It never fails.

But the ones who have a pure friendly relationship with you? Are the ones you haven't given anything yet. So in my everyday life person to person I try to do charity because charity covers a multitude of sins and givers never lack.

So this is a recent case study. This young guy , a security guard was sent by the company to guard the house I stay. I would say about 19 years old. One night I went grocery shopping and I was going through the gate he runs over from across the street and told me he was hungry. So I said what does he eat ? He said he likes indomie . So I went to my place and brought out like 5 indomie and 3 soft drinks and 2 sardines and gave it to him. He thanked me.

Every 2 days when I go out I would do small grocery shopping for him. Indomie and biscuits and soft drinks sardine or bread. A few times when I go out to get bottled palmwine for myself I would get him palmwine or orijin beer he likes. But I started noticing his entitlement behaviour like on the days when I don't buy him anything he would time when I Am coming home and sit beside my door when he sees me carrying my own groceries and he would be looking at me like he is depressed. And he would Always be watching me to see if I am going grocery shopping and he would hang around the car to see if I would come out with grocery.

Let's just say this guy got ridiculously stalkerish and so I called him up 4 days ago and asked him has his salary being paid yet? He said yes. Because am thinking all these things he is doing because he is new on the job and has no money and is hungry so I put up with it for like a month.

But once he told me yes that he had being paid, I in a roundabout way told him I don't tolerate the stalking. That he doesn't need to be following me or waiting on me. Anyway since that day this guy just turned into an enemy. Someone who I have been buying groceries for for almost a whole month just turned hostile like that. Now all that time I was buying him grocery he would do ass kissing stuff like when I drop my black trash bag outside my door he would take it to the bin outside for me but since that day the guy just bone my trash bags lol.

Anyway the point here is this ? You create an enemy unknowingly out of those you help - not family members- because I think it is humiliating for them and they despise you for it, so if you are going to offer charity don't offer it to people you have to see on a daily basis. Just find a beggar in the street that you would never see again. Nigerians are funny, they beg you for money but they hate you for giving them that money especially if it is not a life changing amount.

It's like a guy I gave 5000 naira one time and he thought it was an insult, just a regular guy who I don't even know like that, God is my witness, which 5000 is no money but it was just for him to buy beer for the weekend, you can get 15 beers with 5000 when I gave it to him.

So out here on these streets you have to be savage. No more mr nice guy ooo lol. basically if you are not offering guys over 100k just forget it cuz they would hate you. look for a real beggar who would appreciate 5000 or 1000.
Thanks for sharing this....I'm going through this too,I don't know when being nice becomes the source of unnecessary hate
Re: Do You Make Someone Your Enemy When You Are Generous To Them ? by OvertheTop(m): 11:19am On May 12, 2023
sukkot:
See at this point I don't understand most Nigerians anymore. Every time I offer a helping hand to Nigerians they turn to your enemy. I don't understand the dynamics behind it. The whole interaction just gets very awkward after that . It's like they hate you for " humbling " them. It never fails.

But the ones who have a pure friendly relationship with you? Are the ones you haven't given anything yet. So in my everyday life person to person I try to do charity because charity covers a multitude of sins and givers never lack.

So this is a recent case study. This young guy , a security guard was sent by the company to guard the house I stay. I would say about 19 years old. One night I went grocery shopping and I was going through the gate he runs over from across the street and told me he was hungry. So I said what does he eat ? He said he likes indomie . So I went to my place and brought out like 5 indomie and 3 soft drinks and 2 sardines and gave it to him. He thanked me.

Every 2 days when I go out I would do small grocery shopping for him. Indomie and biscuits and soft drinks sardine or bread. A few times when I go out to get bottled palmwine for myself I would get him palmwine or orijin beer he likes. But I started noticing his entitlement behaviour like on the days when I don't buy him anything he would time when I Am coming home and sit beside my door when he sees me carrying my own groceries and he would be looking at me like he is depressed. And he would Always be watching me to see if I am going grocery shopping and he would hang around the car to see if I would come out with grocery.

Let's just say this guy got ridiculously stalkerish and so I called him up 4 days ago and asked him has his salary being paid yet? He said yes. Because am thinking all these things he is doing because he is new on the job and has no money and is hungry so I put up with it for like a month.

But once he told me yes that he had being paid, I in a roundabout way told him I don't tolerate the stalking. That he doesn't need to be following me or waiting on me. Anyway since that day this guy just turned into an enemy. Someone who I have been buying groceries for for almost a whole month just turned hostile like that. Now all that time I was buying him grocery he would do ass kissing stuff like when I drop my black trash bag outside my door he would take it to the bin outside for me but since that day the guy just bone my trash bags lol.

Anyway the point here is this ? You create an enemy unknowingly out of those you help - not family members- because I think it is humiliating for them and they despise you for it, so if you are going to offer charity don't offer it to people you have to see on a daily basis. Just find a beggar in the street that you would never see again. Nigerians are funny, they beg you for money but they hate you for giving them that money especially if it is not a life changing amount.

It's like a guy I gave 5000 naira one time and he thought it was an insult, just a regular guy who I don't even know like that, God is my witness, which 5000 is no money but it was just for him to buy beer for the weekend, you can get 15 beers with 5000 when I gave it to him.

So out here on these streets you have to be savage. No more mr nice guy ooo lol. basically if you are not offering guys over 100k just forget it cuz they would hate you. look for a real beggar who would appreciate 5000 or 1000.

The Bolded is Actually a Book worth Reading.
Being nice all the Time Can be very Dangerous.

even Ladies will hate you for it.
People with Take you for a Fool and for Granted
Re: Do You Make Someone Your Enemy When You Are Generous To Them ? by OvertheTop(m): 11:30am On May 12, 2023
sisisioge:
Better that you know now to mind your kindness before someone will harm you for being kind. By the way, havent you heard of the mantra " dont start what you cant finish"? Bettwr mind yourself.

Meanwhile, any time you feel like giving money even if na small K, send am to me. I no dey alienate benefactors grin

Let me Tell You Something:
if Somebody gifts you 2k Daily. You will be Very Grateful the First few days....
But after like 20 days, BELIEVE ME, unconsciously, YOU WOULD HAVE BECOME ENTITLED to the MONEY.
you find yourself asking Questions like:
why hasn't he given me the Money Today?
why is the Money So small...
this Guy is too Stingy...ordinary 2ko

this thing happens to every human.

the Solution: Never help continuously (do it intermittently)
day 1....day5....i not get today....day 20, day50.....etc.....to avoid that Entitlement Growth in the person
Re: Do You Make Someone Your Enemy When You Are Generous To Them ? by EMREX02: 11:36am On May 12, 2023
sukkot:
hehe darling I am cooked. That guy can't see me talk less of touch me cheesy
I enjoy your thread, is lively. Please can you shed more light on Celestial Forces and being Cooked. I await your reply. Thanks
Re: Do You Make Someone Your Enemy When You Are Generous To Them ? by SPAMBOX7: 11:44am On May 12, 2023
sukkot:

Oga na you cause everything. Did he beg you for more food aside the first day?
Una go create problem for una sef still con dey complain cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Do You Make Someone Your Enemy When You Are Generous To Them ? by luluosas(m): 12:06pm On May 12, 2023
I don't fancy your narration because it speaks of so much arrogance. Who is a beggar in the first place? This is so belittling please. Thank you.

sukkot:

Re: Do You Make Someone Your Enemy When You Are Generous To Them ? by HellVictorinho6(m): 12:30pm On May 12, 2023
mariahAngel:

Very well, thank you.

cheesy
Another way of "helping" (if you feel the need to help) is by making someone earn the help, so that they don't start to feel too entitled.
Some people will gladly run some errands for you for extra cash (or food items)
angry
Re: Do You Make Someone Your Enemy When You Are Generous To Them ? by otipoju(m): 12:38pm On May 12, 2023
Born2conquer:

Life no too hard like that though, if you can't enjoy life in Nigeria, where can you na enjoy it?

There are several locations, lounges, restaurants that are strictly meant for Rich men, nobody will even look at you twice if you go to such locations.

Dress simple but don't dress haggard.

If you allow fear to override you, you will think everybody out there is trying to kill you when in the actual sense, everybody is minding their own business.

The KEY, Move and stay with things on your calibre.
-Lodge in hotels of high class, the staff won't harass you because they're well paid.
-Eat in restaurants for high class, you will have your privacy and also meet other rich men as you.
-Attend rich men church, and you will even feel down with doings that would oppress you.
-Go to lounges that would humble you, there is a lounge on the island that is only accessible by yatch, steamboat grin

Nigeria SWEETTTT

I understand what you are saying totally.

But when you leave home and return...you really want to see childhood friends, go to your childhood church and stuff like that.

Nigeria was not like this 10 years ago.
Now you have ritual killings, kidnapping for Ransom, herdsmen wahala, street cult killings and a lot of desperate people who will do anything for money.

Better safe than sorry men.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Caught My Neighbour's Kids Having Sex...should I Tell Their Parents? / I Have Been Having An Affair With My Elder Brother's Wife – Nigerian Man Reveals / When Women Lie That They Are Pregnant Just To Trap Guys Into Marrying Them

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 116
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.