Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,363 members, 7,808,269 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:38 AM

Why Are Most Nigerian Girls Not Technically Savvy? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Are Most Nigerian Girls Not Technically Savvy? (3459 Views)

Why Are Nigerian Girls Not Simping And Crushing On This Man? (photo) / This Girl & I Are Dating Technically but she'll not admit it / Lady Advises Girls Not To Marry Poor Guys. See Why (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are Most Nigerian Girls Not Technically Savvy? by DeJoeee(m): 7:21pm On May 12, 2023
Just because I forgot to change over my switch from generator to NEPA, my banny have been in darkness from yesterday evening She came around till this evening I came back from a work travel.
Even in this technology age, my PhD educated neighbor still calls me around for simple technical glitches when her children is not around. Things as simple as fixing new bulbs and changing generator plugs

To even switch on generator na wahala for most of our girls.

6 Likes

Re: Why Are Most Nigerian Girls Not Technically Savvy? by Nobody: 7:42pm On May 12, 2023
Women are not the type that are inquisitive in learning how things work

Right now companies are still begging them to take up tech and engineering jobs

18 Likes

Re: Why Are Most Nigerian Girls Not Technically Savvy? by almarthins(m): 7:48pm On May 12, 2023
DeJoeee:
Just because I forgot to change over my switch from generator to NEPA.
My banny have been in darkness from yesterday evening She came around till this evening I came back from a work travel.
Even in this technology age, my PhD educated neighbor still calls me around for simple technical glitches when her children is not around.
Things as simple as fixing new bulbs and changing generator plugs
To even on generator na wahala for most of our girls.

Dick effect is the reason. Most of them hate stress but love bedroom gbola for easy gain. Some of them are even brilliant and intelligent. But the wind of tiktok and Instagram don reprogram dem to be less of their self.

29 Likes

Re: Why Are Most Nigerian Girls Not Technically Savvy? by Kobojunkie: 7:49pm On May 12, 2023
DeJoeee:
Just because I forgot to change over my switch from generator to NEPA.
My banny have been in darkness from yesterday evening She came around till this evening I came back from a work travel.
Even in this technology age, my PhD educated neighbor still calls me around for simple technical glitches when her children is not around.
Things as simple as fixing new bulbs and changing generator plugs
To even on generator na wahala for most of our girls.
The year is almost half gone and you still reason like one with screws loose in his head? please endeavor to get a book on logical/critical reasoning/thinking so you can grow your mind and as such become able to logically analyze your decisions, and the world around you, including your relationships for yourself. I recommend the book being logical but any other text that you are more comfortable with will work too. the key is to put into regular(continuous) practice what you learn so you become a more logical being than you are today. undecided

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Most Nigerian Girls Not Technically Savvy? by Nobody: 7:54pm On May 12, 2023
I have no business with all these things too. I hate stress in this life ehn and besides all these are masculine duties .
Re: Why Are Most Nigerian Girls Not Technically Savvy? by Autobot05: 7:55pm On May 12, 2023
Kobojunkie:
The year is almost half gone [s]and you still reason like one with screws loosein his head? please endeavor to get a book[/s] on logical/critical reasoning/thinking so you can grow your mind and as such become able to logically analyze your decisions, and the world around you, including your relationships for yourself. I recommend the book being logical but any other text that you are more comfortable with will work [s]too. the key is to put into regular(continuous).[/s] [s]practice what you learn so you become a more logical[/s] being than you are today. undecided

Trash .. how does it concern this post
I can testify to OP point ..

There is no need to be bitter cheesy

29 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Are Most Nigerian Girls Not Technically Savvy? by DeJoeee(m): 7:55pm On May 12, 2023
Are you the F gender ?
Come out clean and stop hiding under male moniker.
It's only in Nigeria that a 45 year old aunty will be begging a 15 year old boy to replace dead light bulb for her

Kobojunkie:
The year is almost half gone and you still reason like one with screws loose in his head? please endeavor to get a book on logical/critical reasoning/thinking so you can grow your mind and as such become able to logically analyze your decisions, and the world around you, including your relationships for yourself. I recommend the book being logical but any other text that you are more comfortable with will work too. the key is to put into regular(continuous) practice what you learn so you become a more logical being than you are today. undecided

21 Likes

Re: Why Are Most Nigerian Girls Not Technically Savvy? by Nobody: 7:56pm On May 12, 2023
It's not a Nigerian thing.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Most Nigerian Girls Not Technically Savvy? by kelspinall(m): 8:00pm On May 12, 2023
wahala dey oooo,my man teach them some or continue doing the job... good luck shaaa...

lastly....

What is that guy called kobo junkie typing?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Most Nigerian Girls Not Technically Savvy? by anthonyuncle(m): 8:00pm On May 12, 2023
try to teach them while doing it.
Re: Why Are Most Nigerian Girls Not Technically Savvy? by nicerod(m): 8:05pm On May 12, 2023
All they know is urgent 2k

My data Wil Soo finish

Tomorrow is my birthday

Etc

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Most Nigerian Girls Not Technically Savvy? by Firstorderwizard(m): 8:13pm On May 12, 2023
I wanted to dismiss this thread as another nairaland redpillers stunt but sadly it's true.
Our girls are very poor in technology.
Simple home machines hard for them to manage.
Most of them can't operate ordinary water pumping machine at home

12 Likes

Re: Why Are Most Nigerian Girls Not Technically Savvy? by pocohantas(f): 8:50pm On May 12, 2023
The same reason most men can't cook or manage a kitchen/home effectively - GENDER ROLES. Any small thing women do, you guys would run to create thread and act like it is the worst thing to happen.

Growing up the guy watches his dad fix gen and change bulbs. The girl watches her mum cook.

The only oppportunity most ladies would have to learn these things is while living alone and again most do not like to live alone because of the belief it would scare "husbands" away. They would still go on not to acquire properties since they would most likely end up with a man that has these things. It is from father's house to husband house.

These core life and home management skills are picked up when alone. Ladies should embrace them. If I don't want to change my tyres or generator plug, it is because I don't want to. Not because I don't know how to.

Our girls are poor in technology indeed. You will think it is a NASA member typing.

20 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Are Most Nigerian Girls Not Technically Savvy? by 23jerryking(m): 9:23pm On May 12, 2023
pocohantas:
The same reason most men can't cook or manage a kitchen/home effectively - GENDER ROLES. Any small thing women do, you guys would run to create thread and act like it is the worst thing to happen.

Growing up the guy watches his dad fix gen and change bulbs. The girl watches her mum cook.

The only oppportunity most ladies would have to learn these things is while living alone and again most do not like to live alone because of the belief it would scare "husbands" away. They would still go on not to acquire properties since they would most likely end up with a man that has these things. It is from father's house to husband house.

These core life and home management skills are picked up when alone. Ladies should embrace them. If I don't want to change my tyres or generator plug, it is because I don't want to. Not because I don't know how to.

Our girls are poor in technology indeed. You will think it is a NASA member typing.
This is nowhere close to the truth, I cook better than most girls in my neighbourhood and I'm also a very techy and geeky guy. All my brothers and I are good cooks too as we learnt from a very young age, mama had no female child so we do virtually everything. We're both the boys and girls of the house so I say it's a matter of choice. Even through our influence a lot of girls here became tech-inclined too. You limit yourself to cooking only and that's your business, the modern world requires more than this from you girls.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Are Most Nigerian Girls Not Technically Savvy? by pocohantas(f): 9:27pm On May 12, 2023
23jerryking:
This is nowhere close to the truth, I cook better than most girls in my neighbourhood and I'm also a very techy and geeky guy. All my brothers and I are good cooks too as we learnt from a very young age, mama had no female child so we do virtually everything. We're both the boys and girls of the house so I say it's a matter of choice. Even through our influence a lot of girls here became tech-inclined too. You limit yourself to cooking only and that's your business, the modern world requires more than this from you girls.

Oga rest.
I cook, clean, service my gen, work, know and handle my car. If they put me and you for road, you fit no see brake light normally. But I am not the majority. You are just 1 in 100. Most men are not as home skilled as women. Rest! Chochocho!! My brother this, my grandfather that.

I wonder what you guys gain arguing open and shut cases.

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Are Most Nigerian Girls Not Technically Savvy? by Idonweak: 9:29pm On May 12, 2023
pocohantas:

Men are better cooks than women. Infact in almost all industries Men are leading Women. The only industry that women are leading men is the SEX INDUSTRY and that's because many men lack self control.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Most Nigerian Girls Not Technically Savvy? by pocohantas(f): 9:30pm On May 12, 2023
Idonweak:

Men are better cooks than women. Infact in almost all industries Men are leading Women. The only industry that women are leading men is the SEX INDUSTRY and that's because many men lack self control.

I just checked and saw this topic is in the Romance section. Now the quality of responses be adding up. Eish!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Most Nigerian Girls Not Technically Savvy? by 23jerryking(m): 9:30pm On May 12, 2023
pocohantas:

Oga rest.
I cook, clean, service my gen, work, know and handle my car. If they put me amd you for road, you fit no see brake light normally. But I am not the majority. You are just 1 in 100. Most men are not as home skilled as women. Rest! Chochocho!! My brother this, my grandfather that.
Is that pain speaking through you? Why do you appear to be getting unnecessarily worked up? You should travel a lot dear. The stats don't lie. Your gender members need to do better. I don't know how you get the "Most men are not as home skilled as women", travel more often and get a grasp on the reality of things rather than support an argument speculatively.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Most Nigerian Girls Not Technically Savvy? by pocohantas(f): 9:31pm On May 12, 2023
23jerryking:
Is that pain speaking through you? Why do you appear to be getting unnecessarily worked up? You should travel a lot dear. The stats don't lie. Your gender members need to do better. I don't know how you get the "Most men are not as home skilled as women", travel more often and get a grasp on the reality of things rather than support an argument speculatively.

Travel to your family house? Once again, rest!!
Naso!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Are Most Nigerian Girls Not Technically Savvy? by lilyheaven: 9:34pm On May 12, 2023
It’s not their fault, it’s because someone is getting it done for them.
Many times it’s upbringing too.
Don’t touch it , don’t it.
They will grow up with fears.
My momma no send us , while we were growing up, we took care of our responsibilities, like bathing eating, wearing our clothes, etc
If you like don’t eat, nobody cares, na stream we dey go bath sef .
I started climbing trees when I was small, even coconut trees.😃
Come to plumbing work, I fix .
Small small electrical work at home, I fix them.
meanwhile , my husband who is a man that should be doing all these things , will be doing sme-sme-.

I have visited a woman once, they had power supply ooo... madam switch on TV , she said she doesn’t know how to do it, she’s waiting for her husband 🙄
I just weak for her.
Firstorderwizard:
I wanted to dismiss this thread as another nairaland redpillers stunt but sadly it's true.
Our girls are very poor in technology.
Simple home machines hard for them to manage.
Most of them can't operate ordinary water pumping machine at home

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Most Nigerian Girls Not Technically Savvy? by akwesenana: 9:34pm On May 12, 2023
Percentage of men wey no sabi dey infinitesimal when compared to women wey no sabi operate basic electronic appliances.

This is a known fact and does not require a thread to be opened.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Most Nigerian Girls Not Technically Savvy? by GloriousGbola: 9:36pm On May 12, 2023
pocohantas:

parents also play their own part

i will always remember when i visited a classmates home. they were three children. senior sister in 400l law, the visited in 300l engineering, and her junior brother in 100l or maybe secondary school sef.

junior bro had a pc in his room. i asked my classmate where her pc was. she said she didn't have. but theres a pc in your brothers room? Dad got my brother the pc. he decided we [the older girls] dont need one

the guy may also have grown up unaware of his privilege saying girls no sabi use pc.

anyways, as i was reading this the gen went off so i went through the motions of taking my daughter [13 years] to top up and start the gen. and then to change the bulb in the kitchen store.

we are not quite there. but we will keep at it.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Most Nigerian Girls Not Technically Savvy? by 23jerryking(m): 9:40pm On May 12, 2023
pocohantas:

Travel to your family house? Once again, rest!!
Naso!
Usually this is what they say when they have no more facts. There's no need of you taking things too personal. You just have to backup your opinions with facts, it's not hard. The fact that you're getting angry already suggests that I'm 100% right all along.
So you too rest!!

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Are Most Nigerian Girls Not Technically Savvy? by livenija: 9:40pm On May 12, 2023
IyaebeTheGreat:
I have no business with all these things too. I hate stress in this life ehn and besides all these are masculine duties .
who ask u

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Most Nigerian Girls Not Technically Savvy? by pocohantas(f): 9:41pm On May 12, 2023
GloriousGbola:

parents also play their own part

i will always remember when i visited a classmates home. they were three children. senior sister in 400l law, the visited in 300l engineering, and her junior brother in 100l or maybe secondary school sef.

junior bro had a pc in his room. i asked my classmate where her pc was. she said she didn't have. but theres a pc in your brothers room? Dad got my brother the pc. he decided we [the older girls] dont need one

the guy may also have grown up unaware of his privilege saying girls no sabi use pc.

anyways, the gen went off so i went through the motions of taking my daughter [13 years] to top up the gen. and then to change the bulb in the kitchen store.

we are not quite there. but we will keep at it.

Exactly. It starts from the home which points back to gender roles/expectations. In our service year, my dad made my brother take two professional courses for his field. My dad is a girl child lover, but he found himself doing this. He also got my brother a laptop, but I got my first laptop myself.

Any small thing they open thread and start arguing the known. Yea right. The women in my family also dismatle car engines. Men need to do better indeed. They think it is sweet being with a woman that knows it all? Wetin you go come use feel like a man? E dey sweet to talk na. One shouldn't be too clueless on these things, but they are what makes us dependent on our partners and keeps us going. If not... otilo!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Most Nigerian Girls Not Technically Savvy? by squash47(m): 9:48pm On May 12, 2023
livenija:
who ask u

😂😂😂 Baba u dey brutal.
Re: Why Are Most Nigerian Girls Not Technically Savvy? by Firstorderwizard(m): 9:48pm On May 12, 2023
They should get there acts right then.
Your gender people can't be forming feminists and at the same time delegating skilled roles to men.
Like someone said up there.
45 years old aunty begging 15 years old boy to fix bulb for her in this age and time

lilyheaven:
It’s not their fault, it’s because someone is getting it done for them.
Many times it’s upbringing too.
Don’t touch it , don’t it.
They will grow up with fears.
My momma no send us , while we were growing up, we took care of our responsibilities, like bathing eating, wearing our clothes, etc
If you like don’t eat, nobody cares, na stream we dey go bath sef .
I started climbing trees when I was small, even coconut trees.😃
Come to plumbing work, I fix .
Small small electrical work at home, I fix them.
meanwhile , my husband who is a man that should be doing all these things , will be doing sme-sme-.

I have visited a woman once, they had power supply ooo... madam switch on TV , she said she doesn’t know how to do it, she’s waiting for her husband 🙄
I just weak for her.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Most Nigerian Girls Not Technically Savvy? by VinnyBaba: 9:54pm On May 12, 2023
pocohantas:

If it's Cooking, Just Forget it. sad

Modern Naija Ladies currently are TERRIBLE cooks and
Many Guys Cook better Dan dem.
Particularly Girls from 25yrs Below.😕

If u Randomly Pick 10 Guys, and 10 ladies in the Street in this Naija for a Cooking competition,
U will see how ur Gender will DISGRACE Themselves. sad

These Young Girls only know about Instagram, Tiktok, iPhone and of course, Big Gbola! 🤨

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Most Nigerian Girls Not Technically Savvy? by lilyheaven: 10:08pm On May 12, 2023
It can be annoying !
Firstorderwizard:
They should get there acts right then.
Your gender people can't be forming feminists and at the same time delegating skilled roles to men.
Like someone said up there.
45 years old aunty begging 15 years old boy to fix bulb for her in this age and time

Re: Why Are Most Nigerian Girls Not Technically Savvy? by Nobody: 11:14pm On May 12, 2023
Tech savvy? To change over, fix bulb, and turn on generator nah tech savvy? Lol, nairaland is truly an enabler grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin I thought the thread is about some rocket science or engineering or programming. Ordinary fix bulb carry tech savvy grin grin grin grin grin Lmvfao.

Well anything electricity, count me out. I'm yet to get over the electric shock I experienced as a teen grin. I will change over if I am convinced that the fuse is not malfunctioning with that I will use the turning stick self. angry I hate switching on Gen because I'm fragile.No key, no gen.
Okay, I didn't give up on fixing the bulb even though I fell once. I try... I'm getting there.🤧🤧. I'm not Electrician savvy grin

9 Likes

Re: Why Are Most Nigerian Girls Not Technically Savvy? by Tenrack: 11:22pm On May 12, 2023
Persephone1:
Tech savvy? To change over, fix bulb, and turn on generator nah tech savvy? Lol, nairaland is truly an enabler grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin I thought the thread is about some rocket science or engineering or programming. Ordinary fix bulb carry tech savvy grin grin grin grin grin Lmvfao.

Well anything electricity, count me out. I'm yet to get over the electric shock I experienced as a teen grin. I will change over if I am convinced that the fuse is not malfunctioning with that I will use the turning stick self. angry I hate switching on Gen because I'm fragile.No key, no gen.
Okay, I didn't give up on fixing the bulb even though I fell once. I try... I'm getting there.🤧🤧. I'm not Electrician savvy grin
so you finally agree to being fragile. Wonders.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Most Nigerian Girls Not Technically Savvy? by Nobody: 11:24pm On May 12, 2023
Tenrack:
so you finally agree to being fragile. Wonders.
Have I ever claimed to be a Goliath on this forum,?

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Is This True About Women? / I Need To Know Why Majority Of Gals Hate To Kiss. / How Old Were You When You Had Your 1st Kiss

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.