Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,306 members, 7,808,039 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:24 AM

Addressing The Misconceptions Regarding The Great Bini Empire By Yorubas - Culture (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Addressing The Misconceptions Regarding The Great Bini Empire By Yorubas (4015 Views)

Addressing The Menace Called African Time / The Invasion Of Oyo Empire By Tsoede,The King Of Nupe In 1457 / Bini Are Original Owners Of Lagos, Not Yoruba – Layi Ajayi-Bembe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Addressing The Misconceptions Regarding The Great Bini Empire By Yorubas by freshkpomo(m): 10:07am On May 15, 2023
Creeper:

That wasn’t Yoruba history or Yoruba perspective - it’s the real history of Benin, written by a Benin prince who was a historian/academic. His book on Benin kingdom is the universally accepted one that’s kept at Cambridge Uni, Oxford Uni, Harvard, Yale, etc. I actually read the book at SOAS. You can do your Google to confirm what I wrote.

I actually used to think Benin kingdom was an imperial empire, especially because of the moat and how it’s heavily referenced - until I started reading deeper into its history. Benin kingdom was basically the Nigerian version of the British empire - loud name but very vacuous in ingenuity and achievements. British empire was nothing more than a lot of very cunning, manipulative and marauding pirates that mastered divide and conquer - for looting.

Benin kingdom never really had a strong military due to how it was a victim of so many defeats by smaller kingdoms. Its knowledge of arts - terracotta, bronze and brass - came from Ife and Owo. Its crown was from Ife and the titles for a lot of its chiefs came from Owo. Most of its gods are also Yoruba gods.

I think Benin mostly benefited from its proximity to Itsekiris and the fact that it produced so many great artworks that were stolen and taken to European museums. Those artworks are what gave Benin kingdom the notoriety it enjoys today. But once you take that off - Owo and Itsekiri kingdoms were greater. And don’t ever put Benin and Oyo in the same sentence - imperial Oyo was in a different stratosphere.

Anyway, Eweka was a Yoruba prince and Ekaladerhan died in Ughoton (I believe that’s a town in Benin).

Can you explain the part that eweka A Yoruba prince became a king in Benin? Why do you still have Benin names scattered around Yoruba lands but you can't say such in reverse? In the whole of the southern region when empires are been mentioned no one know if there is something like OYO empire. If you ask a White man about kingdoms in Nigeria, first thing that will go to their mind is either the sultanate or the Edo Kingdom. Edo lost a war to esan was more like an internal conflict but the Idah war was won by a female soldier funny enough. Go to OGIDA and ask the family there and stop spilling trash. Everyone in Nigeria know Yoruba are good liars but I never expected people to lie about history . Tell me how eweka came to be king in Benin, did he conquer Benin or what?

1 Like

Re: Addressing The Misconceptions Regarding The Great Bini Empire By Yorubas by Evboesi: 10:45am On May 15, 2023
freshkpomo:

An average Benin man does not give birth to more than 3 or 4 children maximum and it has been like that for years. Go across Nigeria and you will see families having 8 to 10 children which seems normal to them. But here in Benin You will be called a rabbit or pig for doing that. It's like saying Greece was not at a time Great because of how it is today and Smaller countries of today that are now Great are a proof that Greece was not in the past Great.
who is the average Bini man when none of my fathers generation got married to one wife. Who is the average Bini man. Is it Bob Izua that has over 70 children or Osula that had over 62 children as at the time of his death. And several other Bini chiefs with large number of children in Benin.

In the last three generations, even what you will define as average , gave birth to multiple number of children with multiple number of wives. Only a minuscule minority gave birth through one woman. So what you term as average is a function of this era where the economy is not smiling. And even at that, many Bini men with means will get married to one wife and have children through other women outside, even the one you termed average, many have children outside. Ask them, many of them have children outside. Speak for your family my brother.

Another factor is bunch of royalties and aristocrats that exist in Benin, we are talking of chiefs, Enogies, wealthy and a little above average Benin men, brothers to the Obas and so on. These people make up a substantial part of the population and they give birth in their numbers. The Osulas, bob izua Adun and several others that time will not permit me to mention here

My father gave birth to 33 children and got married to 7 wives. If I mention my families name, you will know it, some of my eldest brothers are also polygamous in nature today.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Addressing The Misconceptions Regarding The Great Bini Empire By Yorubas by Evboesi: 11:07am On May 15, 2023
Godjone:
The yoruba people cannot migrate from Benin and still be in control of Six states while bini exist only in four local government area
The Binis are in seven local government area not four, local government is never a yardstick for population, even the least numerous of the Bini Lga will take off the most numerous Lga of the Ekiti people, an entirely rural Bini Lga like Orhiowmon where I come from will close in on three to four local government in Ekiti state. Akwa ibom or Osun will be more numerous than Rivers state but that is not the case

Lgas in Edo south are on the average far more numerous than what you will have in the south west

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Addressing The Misconceptions Regarding The Great Bini Empire By Yorubas by freshkpomo(m): 11:18am On May 15, 2023
Evboesi:
who is the average Bini man when none of my fathers generation got married to one wife. Who is the average Bini man. Is it Bob Izua that has over 70 children or Osula that had over 62 children as at the time of his death. And several other Bini chiefs with large number of children in Benin.

In the last three generations, even what you will define as average , gave birth to multiple number of children with multiple number of wives. Only a minuscule minority gave birth through one woman. So what you term as average is a function of this era where the economy is not smiling. And even at that, many Bini men with means will get married to one wife and have children through other women outside, even the one you termed average, many have children outside. Ask them, many of them have children outside. Speak for your family my brother.

Another factor is bunch of royalties and aristocrats that exist in Benin, we are talking of chiefs, Enogies, wealthy and a little above average Benin men, brothers to the Obas and so on. These people make up a substantial part of the population and they give birth in their numbers. The Osulas, bob izua Adun and several others that time will not permit me to mention here

My father gave birth to 33 children and got married to 7 wives. If I mention my families name, you will know it, some of my eldest brothers are also polygamous in nature today.

How many family house you go waka enter for Benin 20 - 30 years back and see 8 - 10 children from same papa and mama? But I know many tribes that had that as a bragging right. If majority of the families in Benin were like the Osula family do you know how katge the bini tribe would have been? Benin people nor dey born planty even with the polygamy You mentioned

1 Like

Re: Addressing The Misconceptions Regarding The Great Bini Empire By Yorubas by Evboesi: 11:33am On May 15, 2023
freshkpomo:

How many family house you go waka enter for Benin 20 - 30 years back and see 8 - 10 children from same papa and mama? But I know many tribes that had that as a bragging right. If majority of the families in Benin were like the Osula family do you know how katge the bini tribe would have been? Benin people nor dey born planty even with the polygamy You mentioned
my brother speak for your family, if you read what I wrote, you will see that 20- 30 years ago, many people did not get married to one wife. The Binis did not get married to one wife and give birth to ten children, they will rather get married to 3 and give birth to 18. I can tell you for a fact that none of my father’s friends that I know and I am familiar with got married to less than 3 wives. If you are chanced I can take you round where I grew up in textile mill road and I am familiar with,let us go from house to house and ask how many children these men gave birth to. I don’t do online talk that is not in consonance with reality .Speak for your family

And also I for one hold the opinion that the Binis are fairly large enough. You can’t really tell of the population of Bini. For a tribe that was 180 thousand in 1952 that has risen to the number of about 3.8 to avbout 4.5 million, I think that number is fair enough, we are by far the most traveled minority in Nigeria. Our figures outside of the shores of Nigeria is scary

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51W_F-rGsf0

You can watch that video, it is a video of Akaba man I watched it and found out that 95% of the callers were outside the shores, they used Bini in speaking, if you are Bini, you would understand it. My brother your opinion does not reflect the reality on ground

Like I have told you before even those Bini men that get married to one wife today have two Babymamas outside that has given birth to two two children for them

3 Likes

Re: Addressing The Misconceptions Regarding The Great Bini Empire By Yorubas by freshkpomo(m): 1:09pm On May 15, 2023
Evboesi:
my brother speak for your family, if you read what I wrote, you will see that 20- 30 years ago, many people did not get married to one wife. The Binis did not get married to one wife and give birth to ten children, they will rather get married to 3 and give birth to 18. I can tell you for a fact that none of my father’s friends that I know and I am familiar with got married to less than 3 wives. If you are chanced I can take you round where I grew up in textile mill road and I am familiar with,let us go from house to house and ask how many children these men gave birth to. I don’t do online talk that is not in consonance with reality .Speak for your family

And also I for one hold the opinion that the Binis are fairly large enough. You can’t really tell of the population of Bini. For a tribe that was 180 thousand in 1952 that has risen to the number of about 3.8 to avbout 4.5 million, I think that number is fair enough, we are by far the most traveled minority in Nigeria. Our figures outside of the shores of Nigeria is scary

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51W_F-rGsf0

You can watch that video, it is a video of Akaba man I watched it and found out that 95% of the callers were outside the shores, they used Bini in speaking, if you are Bini, you would understand it. My brother your opinion does not reflect the reality on ground

Like I have told you before even those Bini men that get married to one wife today have two Babymamas outside that has given birth to two two children for them

You call one man birthing 18 children from 3 wives it? My grand father, great grand,and even my father practiced polygamy and so does everyone around I grew up to meet but these women won't birth you up to 10 children at a go in most cases. I grew up in midst of urhobos, Ijaws, tsekiris and I have traveled so many places in Nigeria and I can't tell you that many of these tribes you can't even tell who is senior amongst their children because they can give birth to 4 children in 5 years if they so want to. Even ijaws cover more States than the binis and so does Ibibio and their population continue to surge. My man Go to the creek and see people producing children. That 18 children you mentioned can come from just 2 women and they will add Jara to it for you. The most travelled tribe is Igbo and we the binis hold the second position, but does that stop them from been amongst the too 3 ethnic groups?

I once discussed this with a friend that the way it is, the palace should start encouraging people to give birth. Even our language is fading away. It is only in Benin you will love for 7 years and still don't know how to speak the language. Go to the east, west and North you Will just have to learn even within a year you must be familiar with how to purchase from the market already. You may argue this but it's the reality on ground
Re: Addressing The Misconceptions Regarding The Great Bini Empire By Yorubas by Evboesi: 2:21pm On May 15, 2023
freshkpomo:

You call one man birthing 18 children from 3 wives it? My grand father, great grand,and even my father practiced polygamy and so does everyone around I grew up to meet but these women won't birth you up to 10 children at a go in most cases. I grew up in midst of urhobos, Ijaws, tsekiris and I have traveled so many places in Nigeria and I can't tell you that many of these tribes you can't even tell who is senior amongst their children because they can give birth to 4 children in 5 years if they so want to. Even ijaws cover more States than the binis and so does Ibibio and their population continue to surge. My man Go to the creek and see people producing children. That 18 children you mentioned can come from just 2 women and they will add Jara to it for you. The most travelled tribe is Igbo and we the binis hold the second position, but does that stop them from been amongst the too 3 ethnic groups?

I once discussed this with a friend that the way it is, the palace should start encouraging people to give birth. Even our language is fading away. It is only in Benin you will love for 7 years and still don't know how to speak the language. Go to the east, west and North you Will just have to learn even within a year you must be familiar with how to purchase from the market already. You may argue this but it's the reality on ground
that 3 I told you about is about the least I know in my father’s generation, go and ask about Chief Aragua, Ogida and the others, majority get married to 5 wives- 25 children, some 7 some 9 with over 40 children, go to Bini villages in Urhonigbe, Iguobazuwa, Udo, Evboesi, go and ask for the Edegbe family in Evboesi.

Giving birth that way does not mean the Ijaws are more polygamous than the Binis, it is only a function of poverty, giving that way, many of them returns as in fact, (infant mortality)they would want to get more children from two women because they cannot afford more than two while a Bini man on the other hand will get married to 6 giving birth to 30 children.

Even the Binis still practice subtle polygamy, those girls you see in their father’s house with three, two,four kids unmarried, their baby papas are most times married to other women while he comes around to see them and offer financial support and they are in their numbers except you are not being sincere with yourself. Is this not the creek, nothing is there my Ijaw brother

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5sWKmIKBg5c

2 Likes

Re: Addressing The Misconceptions Regarding The Great Bini Empire By Yorubas by freshkpomo(m): 3:51pm On May 15, 2023
Evboesi:
that 3 I told you about is about the least I know in my father’s generation, go and ask about Chief Aragua, Ogida and the others, majority get married to 5 wives- 25 children, some 7 some 9 with over 40 children, go to Bini villages in Urhonigbe, Iguobazuwa, Udo, Evboesi, go and ask for the Edegbe family in Evboesi.

Giving birth that way does not mean the Ijaws are more polygamous than the Binis, it is only a function of poverty, giving that way, many of them returns as in fact, (infant mortality)they would want to get more children from two women because they cannot afford more than two while a Bini man on the other hand will get married to 6 giving birth to 30 children.

Even the Binis still practice subtle polygamy, those girls you see in their father’s house with three, two,four kids unmarried, their baby papas are most times married to other women while he comes around to see them and offer financial support and they are in their numbers except you are not being sincere with yourself. Is this not the creek, nothing is there my Ijaw brother

All these families you mentioned no one I not know, Stella OGIDA a one time councillor in Egor was a very good friend, I once married from the edegbe family but backed out because of some reasons. Those uronigbe you mentioned I think you should check their ancestry and watch how they speak Benin language. Some tribe multiply so much that they send them away to Street begging or slavery and that practice did not start today and Benin cannot match that. Just travel out of Benin and see for yourself that even that your large family na one man household just from 2 generations.
Re: Addressing The Misconceptions Regarding The Great Bini Empire By Yorubas by Evboesi: 4:52pm On May 15, 2023
freshkpomo:

All these families you mentioned no one I not know, Stella OGIDA a one time councillor in Egor was a very good friend, I once married from the edegbe family but backed out because of some reasons. Those uronigbe you mentioned I think you should check their ancestry and watch how they speak Benin language. Some tribe multiply so much that they send them away to Street begging or slavery and that practice did not start today and Benin cannot match that. Just travel out of Benin and see for yourself that even that your large family na one man household just from 2 generations.
I first talk am say you nor be Bini man, Una go dae claim Bini for the sake of Una selfish aim. there are three major dialects in Benin, The central Bini language, Oza, Ehor . Urhonigbe is a pure Bini dialect, if you were a Bini man, you would have known this, I am talking about the fact that the villagers still reproduce like how they do in yesteryears, because of the “localness” of such places. While in the city, it has been modified to subtle polygamy as I have explained before.

That feature of slavery and begging is a feature of the northern people. I pride myself as belonging to a family system where a man will give birth to the number of children he can take care of and he will take care of them. That one that a man will now be giving birth to children he cannot take care of, they are usually exposed to harsh treatment and many of them die as infant or as teenagers. Thereby a man that gave birth to 18 children whereby all of them grow up to adulthood or at most lost one of them, as compared with a man who gave birth to 25 children through 2 women and they lost 9 of them is even or the man that gave birth to 25 children is at a loss. So giving birth like pigs is a factor, taking care of them to ensure that 95% of your 18 children get to adulthood is true polygamy

4 Likes

Re: Addressing The Misconceptions Regarding The Great Bini Empire By Yorubas by freshkpomo(m): 5:36pm On May 15, 2023
Evboesi:
I first talk am say you nor be Bini man, Una go dae claim Bini for the sake of Una selfish aim. there are three major dialects in Benin, The central Bini language, Oza, Ehor . Urhonigbe is a pure Bini dialect, if you were a Bini man, you would have known this, I am talking about the fact that the villagers still reproduce like how they do in yesteryears, because of the “localness” of such places. While in the city, it has been modified to subtle polygamy as I have explained before.

That feature of slavery and begging is a feature of the northern people. I pride myself as belonging to a family system where a man will give birth to the number of children he can take care of and he will take care of them. That one that a man will now be giving birth to children he cannot take care of, they are usually exposed to harsh treatment and many of them die as infant or as teenagers. Thereby a man that gave birth to 18 children whereby all of them grow up to adulthood or at most lost one of them, as compared with a man who gave birth to 25 children through 2 women and they lost 9 of them is even or the man that gave birth to 25 children is at a loss. So giving birth like pigs is a factor, taking care of them to ensure that 95% of your 18 children get to adulthood is true polygamy

Well I don't have to argue with you about been Benin, and not only northerners go out for slavery when they reproduce massively. Have a nice day!
Re: Addressing The Misconceptions Regarding The Great Bini Empire By Yorubas by Evboesi: 5:40pm On May 15, 2023
freshkpomo:

Well I don't have to argue with you about been Benin, and not only northerners go out for slavery when they reproduce massively. Have a nice day!
Accept your L and move on, you are not Bini and you know nothing about Benin, your comment about Urhonigbe exposed you, goodbye

3 Likes

Re: Addressing The Misconceptions Regarding The Great Bini Empire By Yorubas by freshkpomo(m): 9:17pm On May 15, 2023
Evboesi:
Accept your L and move on, you are not Bini and you know nothing about Benin, your comment about Urhonigbe exposed you, goodbye

Oga shut up make you Carry your nonsense near front, Benin na tribe to brag about? Wetin we get? Wetin we don achieve? Who takes us serious in national politics? And who be urhonigbe when dey speak Benin go back like who dey chop hot yam..m abeg shift go front go find who una want dey drag who be Benin or not together.
Re: Addressing The Misconceptions Regarding The Great Bini Empire By Yorubas by Evboesi: 1:49am On May 16, 2023
freshkpomo:

Oga shut up make you Carry your nonsense near front, Benin na tribe to brag about? Wetin we get? Wetin we don achieve? Who takes us serious in national politics? And who be urhonigbe when dey speak Benin go back like who dey chop hot yam..m abeg shift go front go find who una want dey drag who be Benin or not together.
shut up you uncivilized mudafucking Ijaw boy, you are an imposter and a low life Ijaw fool. No Bini man will insult the seat of Olokun in Edo state. Urhonigbe’s tongue is not seen as distinct enough to be classified as a separate tongue by any standard. Run along my regard to your Ijaw fools. The same Bini dae speak here, I want anyone who is Bini to judge, if they can’t hear what is spoken there, not only is it clear, it is also the central Bini tongue that is spoken there. Don’t tell an urhonigbe man, that he is not Bini o , you will not make it out alive, Evboesi is back door to Urhonigbe, they are damn proud and aggressive

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9Zpm8Dn-_k

This is your dead creek you brag about, my brother it is dry, no body is there, take your L and move on

2 Likes

Re: Addressing The Misconceptions Regarding The Great Bini Empire By Yorubas by AutomaticMotors: 2:31am On May 16, 2023
Evboesi:
shut up you uncivilized mudafucking Ijaw boy, you are an imposter and a low life Ijaw fool. No Bini man will insult the seat of Olokun in Edo state. Urhonigbe’s tongue is not seen as distinct enough to be classified as a separate tongue by any standard. Run along my regard to your Ijaw fools. The same Bini dae speak here, I want anyone who is Bini to judge, if they can’t hear what is spoken there, not only is it clear, it is also the central Bini tongue that is spoken there. Don’t tell an urhonigbe man, that he is not Bini o , you will not make it out alive, Evboesi is back door to Urhonigbe, they are damn proud and aggressive

This is your dead creek you brag about, my brother it is dry, no body is there, take your L and move on

grin grin grin ahh
Re: Addressing The Misconceptions Regarding The Great Bini Empire By Yorubas by AutomaticMotors: 2:32am On May 16, 2023
freshkpomo:

Oga shut up make you Carry your nonsense near front, Benin na tribe to brag about? Wetin we get? Wetin we don achieve?

Watch your mouth here make Ogun no Kee you!!

1 Like

Re: Addressing The Misconceptions Regarding The Great Bini Empire By Yorubas by Stoplying: 6:55am On May 16, 2023
Trizyd:

You need older records and as you said 'documents written by eyewitnesses'. It's like saying dinosaurs never existed because an explorer wrote it down during his exploration in year 1800.
You're lucky that I was sleep deprived during our exchange, dumb people seem smarter to me when I lack lots of sleeping hours and I miss some very obvious opportunities to show how dumb some people are.

Now tell me exactly how a person could witness "dinosaures never existing". Wouldn't that person need to be God himself in order to have kept a watching eye since the days of "creation" up to today ?

You clearly are of very little intelligence.
Re: Addressing The Misconceptions Regarding The Great Bini Empire By Yorubas by Stoplying: 8:41am On May 16, 2023
A few clarifications for all these Yoruba who know nothing about Benin but keep making claims about Benin:

1) It is not "Bini" it is Benin.
2) Benin city is not the same thing as Benin Kingdom, Benin city is only the capital of Benin kingdom
3) Benin kingdom is the same thing as Benin empire !
4) Oba is the title of the emperor of Benin just like Oni is the title of the Ife monarch/priest and Alafin is the title of the Oyo monarch.

In all Yoruba fairytales about Benin, they confuse Benin city with Benin kingdom. When you guys make your fairytales, then at least try and make less mistakes.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Addressing The Misconceptions Regarding The Great Bini Empire By Yorubas by freshkpomo(m): 9:47am On May 16, 2023
Evboesi:

The ijaws you abuse are currently way ahead of you in the pecking order, they produced a one time president and once they cough president dey shake, tell me what do you have to brag about? All these small children when nor know anything you dey open mouth waaaah dey spill trash because you dey nairaland. Cynthia Morgan one time wished she could deny been an Edo girl, Cynthia is partly and utekon girl. Mumu are you more Benin than An utekon girl? I rather be an ijaws boy and be making sense than to be one small Benin tribe that has no voice in national politics. Since Bendel was separated Edo looks like one village especially Benin. Each time I go to delta I am ashamed to say this was a place that we were once their boss and now look how rapidly it's developing. No road, nothing nothing. Tell me wetin we get to brag about, just tell me one Mr Benin boy.... Our only Glory rest on our Oba, remove oba from Benin it will be the most useless place ever.
Re: Addressing The Misconceptions Regarding The Great Bini Empire By Yorubas by freshkpomo(m): 9:50am On May 16, 2023
AutomaticMotors:

Watch your mouth here make Ogun no Kee you!!

Na your house Ogun oba go take start useless pikin. Is there a thing to be proud about in Benin? Go to other states, even small delta that was once under us in Bendel go there and see transformation for yourself. You and that idiotic uronigbe boy when dey speak Benin like who dey choo Hot yam better keep quiet let's not disgrace ourselves....
Re: Addressing The Misconceptions Regarding The Great Bini Empire By Yorubas by Evboesi: 10:09am On May 16, 2023
freshkpomo:

The ijaws you abuse are currently way ahead of you in the pecking order, they produced a one time president and once they cough president dey shake, tell me what do you have to brag about? All these small children when nor know anything you dey open mouth waaaah dey spill trash because you dey nairaland. Cynthia Morgan one time wished she could deny been an Edo girl, Cynthia is partly and utekon girl. Mumu are you more Benin than An utekon girl? I rather be an ijaws boy and be making sense than to be one small Benin tribe that has no voice in national politics. Since Bendel was separated Edo looks like one village especially Benin. Each time I go to delta I am ashamed to say this was a place that we were once their boss and now look how rapidly it's developing. No road, nothing nothing. Tell me wetin we get to brag about, just tell me one Mr Benin boy.... Our only Glory rest on our Oba, remove oba from Benin it will be the most useless place ever.
Claim your tribe now if you are not a coward, you know if you say you are Ijaw, nobody will give you attention to carry out your worthless aim, with your worthless life. I have nothing against your tribe, face your inconquential tribe that nature gave relevance through Oil and luck shone on you in Jonathan becoming a president. Illiterate tribe that only savour her relevance through militancy.

Benin is not a small tribe. A tribe of about 4 million is in no small.

What is Cynthia’s Morgan relevance to Bini, Rema is Bini and is super proud of his Bini Identity. Who is Cynthia Morgan. Rema is unarguably among Nigeria’s first three biggest stars right now

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Addressing The Misconceptions Regarding The Great Bini Empire By Yorubas by freshkpomo(m): 10:23am On May 16, 2023
Evboesi:
Claim your tribe now if you are not a coward, you know if you say you are Ijaw, nobody will give you attention to carry out your worthless aim, with your worthless life. I have nothing against your tribe, face your inconquential tribe that nature gave relevance through Oil and luck shone on you in Jonathan becoming a president. Illiterate tribe that only savour her relevance through militancy.

Benin is not a small tribe. A tribe of about 4 million is in no small.

What is Cynthia’s Morgan relevance to Bini, Rema is Bini and is super proud of his Bini Identity. Who is Cynthia Morgan. Rema is unarguably among Nigeria’s first three biggest stars right now

Show me where rema house dey for Benin and how is rema proud of been Benin? How many times does he sing in his local dialet like influence, slizzy E and black IQ. Na now I comfim say na one local boy I dey follow talk when nor even know anything about Benin. You are the imposter here and na people like you make Benin dey backward till date because them dey live on oast Glory instead to embrace reality. Abiala and so many neighboring communities in riverine ekewan have been taken over by the ijaws you called cowards. They have chased the Benin indigenes away and taken over their lands. If not for the ikpako boys of ekewan who also had some support from the oil company who dealt with them, them for don overrun all the binis. Mind you it has not happened in that area alone. We have Benin ijaws, Ondo ijaws, delta ijaw,rivers ijaw and then in in bayelsa. Can you tell me which other state has Benin as an indegenous tribe? Even our esan we dey speak similar language dey deny us.

They do militancy and that gives them relevance which makes them wiser than you. Do you even know why tony Kabaka protested the last time? Go to major oil companies or mines around Edo State. Na Yoruba people or Hausa Fulani people be their workers while we when get am dey jobless and here you are abusing people that stood up to fight for their right. You see wetin I dey talk since say you nor get sense!!! Cynthia Morgan dey greet LAMOGUN, wetin uronigbe people dey greet?
Re: Addressing The Misconceptions Regarding The Great Bini Empire By Yorubas by Evboesi: 10:27am On May 16, 2023
freshkpomo:

Na your house Ogun oba go take start useless pikin. Is there a thing to be proud about in Benin? Go to other states, even small delta that was once under us in Bendel go there and see transformation for yourself. You and that idiotic uronigbe boy when dey speak Benin like who dey choo Hot yam better keep quiet let's not disgrace ourselves....
Varieties of the Edo language are also spoken in other speech communities in Edo which according to Omoregbe (2012), include: Ozanogogo,Oza Aibiokunla,Oza-Nisi,Odiguetue,Errua, Ehor,Ikpe, Urhonigbe,among others. These varieties however show some differences in pronunciation and spelling although they are mutually intelligible

Title of the paperThe segmental phenomena of English and Edo: A contrastive analysis. Ikhiwmin Gladys Amenze. Page 67, second paragraph

2 Likes

Re: Addressing The Misconceptions Regarding The Great Bini Empire By Yorubas by Evboesi: 10:28am On May 16, 2023
freshkpomo:

Show me where rema house dey for Benin and how is rema proud of been Benin? How many times does he sing in his local dialet like influence, slizzy E and black IQ. Na now I comfim say na one local boy I dey follow talk when nor even know anything about Benin. You are the imposter here and na people like you make Benin dey backward till date because them dey live on oast Glory instead to embrace reality. Abiala and so many neighboring communities in riverine ekewan have been taken over by the ijaws you called cowards. They have chased the Benin indigenes away and taken over their lands. If not for the ikpako boys of ekewan who also had some support from the oil company who dealt with them, them for don overrun all the binis. Mind you it has not happened in that area alone. We have Benin ijaws, Ondo ijaws, delta ijaw,rivers ijaw and then in in bayelsa. Can you tell me which other state has Benin as an indegenous tribe? Even our esan we dey speak similar language dey deny us.

They do militancy and that gives them relevance which makes them wiser than you. Do you even know why tony Kabaka protested the last time? Go to major oil companies or mines around Edo State. Na Yoruba people or Hausa Fulani people be their workers while we when get am dey jobless and here you are abusing people that stood up to fight for their right. You see wetin I dey talk since say you nor get sense!!! Cynthia Morgan dey greet LAMOGUN, wetin uronigbe people dey greet?
Urhonigbe greet Lakun enmasse, as a result of the Olokun god there while some others greet lavbieze

So he must sing in Benin dialect before he is considered as proud to be a Benin boy, you are an ignorant fool and an imposter, Rema’s house is at ekenwan road, he schooled at Ighile secondary school, you are a renowned fool and an Illiterate, go and listen to Holiday by Rema, if you don’t have data,

First you go be the bad guy
Then you go be the actor
Because I wan feed my family
Na im make me thief my own guy laptop
Came out alive omo me I thank God
My money big, you go need tractor
If e be say you wan carry my weight
You go need new gym instructor
Straight out of Benin
I drop Rema EP 2019
They think say the gbedu go finish
My music is traveling
From India to Asia to Berlin
The thing wey bin pain me
Be say una no wan be believe
I will never forget the time
Wey bad belle dem cast us away
Fast forward to today
Every day na holiday
Every day say na holiday
Oya day, oya dey, dey, dey, dey owey
Me and my guys we dey chill we dey kpor kpor (kpor kpor)
Say we no dey ball o (ball o)
Say my circle chekele but we go give you last card check up
Make you no hate, make you pray for the abili, abili
Ability to catch up
No calculator fit count my surplus
Ema to jó mi mo nshako
Many nights wey I no sleep, wey I no sleep
One hit I go oversea
Still many people dey laugh me
But I steady believe, one favor please
Keep my family strong for me
God I dey on my knees
Straight out of Benin
I drop Rema EP 2019
They think say the gbedu go finish
My music is traveling
From India to Asia to Berlin
The thing wey bin pain me
Be say una no wan be believe

2 Likes

Re: Addressing The Misconceptions Regarding The Great Bini Empire By Yorubas by AutomaticMotors: 10:57am On May 16, 2023
freshkpomo:

Okay let me address you this last time! It is now very glaring you are an ogogoro guzzling M0R0N from the creeks ! As we don establish this fact this is the last reply you will get from me! You no reach, go fight with your mates for ojuelegba canteen ...
Re: Addressing The Misconceptions Regarding The Great Bini Empire By Yorubas by freshkpomo(m): 11:21am On May 16, 2023
AutomaticMotors:

Okay let me address you this last time! It is now very glaring you are an ogogoro guzzling M0R0N from the creeks ! As we don establish this fact this is the last reply you will get from me! You no reach, go fight with your mates for ojuelegba canteen ...

SMH!!! Creek people when one time federal government sponsor many of them abroad, placed them on amnesty salary monthly without working. They were first class citizens and till date still have a voice in federal politics. No wonder that Yoruba idiot up there dey spill trash about Benin, na because of stupid people like una fit nairaland. The other one dey my mention dey copy and paste rubbish, I get time dey read him trash. As far as I am concerned Benin don lose him Glory and if idiots like you continue to beat your chest instead of us working to restore it, it will be too late. Imagine the heart beat of Nigeria looking like one local village, if you and that idiot nor dey shame, me dey shame!
Re: Addressing The Misconceptions Regarding The Great Bini Empire By Yorubas by freshkpomo(m): 11:23am On May 16, 2023
Evboesi:
Varieties of the Edo language are also spoken in other speech communities in Edo which according to Omoregbe (2012), include: Ozanogogo,Oza Aibiokunla,Oza-Nisi,Odiguetue,Errua, Ehor,Ikpe, Urhonigbe,among others. These varieties however show some differences in pronunciation and spelling although they are mutually intelligible

Title of the paperThe segmental phenomena of English and Edo: A contrastive analysis. Ikhiwmin Gladys Amenze. Page 67, second paragraph

From this write-up Esan is supposed to be a Benin clan too right?
Re: Addressing The Misconceptions Regarding The Great Bini Empire By Yorubas by Evboesi: 11:27am On May 16, 2023
freshkpomo:

From this write-up Esan is supposed to be a Benin clan too right?
Esan language is not there, was not studied, or you cannot read, the name of the book is there, you can check it out non-entity

2 Likes

Re: Addressing The Misconceptions Regarding The Great Bini Empire By Yorubas by freshkpomo(m): 11:36am On May 16, 2023
Evboesi:
Esan language is not there, was not studied, or you cannot read, the name of the book is there, you can check it out non-entity

Hope you know what comprehension is? Your write up say may different in pronunciation and spelling as in cases like Osa and Ose etc. As in the case of Esan and Benin. I did not put into consideration the demography but Rather the goals achieved from the study.
Re: Addressing The Misconceptions Regarding The Great Bini Empire By Yorubas by Evboesi: 11:39am On May 16, 2023
freshkpomo:

Hope you know what comprehension is? Your write up say may different in pronunciation and spelling as in cases like Osa and Ose etc. As in the case of Esan and Benin. I did not put into consideration the demography but Rather the goals achieved from the study.
Esan was not studied Ehoo Ozour, the fact that it said it may differ however not in all spellings and pronunciations certainly some of them and the communities that may differ were listed directly

The language that was studied is Edo proper which is Bini,Esan is not part of it

1 Like

Re: Addressing The Misconceptions Regarding The Great Bini Empire By Yorubas by freshkpomo(m): 11:45am On May 16, 2023
Evboesi:
Esan was not studied Ehoo Ozour, the fact that it said it may differ however not in all spellings and pronunciations certainly some of them and the communities that may differ were listed directly

The language that was studied is Edo proper which is Bini,Esan is not part of it

Can you then explain how Esan got a language similar to Benin?
Re: Addressing The Misconceptions Regarding The Great Bini Empire By Yorubas by Evboesi: 11:50am On May 16, 2023
[/b]
freshkpomo:

Can you then explain how Esan got a language similar to Benin?
My brother go and read, don’t ask me questions, you are not paying me, I only corrected your impression of Urhonigbe, trying to make you understand that it is not only Urhonigbe, there are other Bini communities which have dialectical peculiarities but they are all [b]mutually intelligible

2 Likes

Re: Addressing The Misconceptions Regarding The Great Bini Empire By Yorubas by freshkpomo(m): 12:01pm On May 16, 2023
Evboesi:
[/b]My brother go and read, don’t ask me questions, you are not paying me, I only corrected your impression of Urhonigbe, trying to make you understand that it is not only Urhonigbe, there are other Bini communities which have dialectical peculiarities but they are all [b]mutually intelligible

I thought I was an jiaw man (according to you), why will an ijaw man be reading about the origin of the diversity of languages amongst Benin clans. I should be busy ready about uzon people na tongue tongue... Have a nice day my friend, was nice engaging you.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Oyo Empire - 1300CE / 28 Year Old Man Marries 10 Year Old Girl In Kano (see Photos) / Suggest Good Igbo Movies On Youtube To Me please

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 110
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.