Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,055 members, 7,807,173 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:41 AM

Please Rate My Portfolio Website - Programming (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Please Rate My Portfolio Website (1819 Views)

Rate My Portfolio Website On A Scale Of 1-10 / Please Rate This: My First Data Visualization Project / My Portfolio Projects (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please Rate My Portfolio Website by DDayve: 1:41am On Jun 01, 2023
Edipet:
Bro. I will like to work with you, I'm also From mechanical engineering background, without a job yet, so frustrating. currently learning javascript. Please can you mentor me, my area of specialization in mechanical engineering is also air-conditioning and refrigeration.

Hi bro.
Sincerely, I don't think I have gotten to that status of mentoring people. Mentors are those who have started using software to put food on their table daily. Software is yet to start paying my bills so I can't start mentorship as at yet.
Check through programming comment section, you will find the big guns therein.
Re: Please Rate My Portfolio Website by Edipet(m): 1:47am On Jun 01, 2023
DDayve:

Hi bro.
Sincerely, I don't think I have gotten to that status of mentoring people. Mentors are those who have started using software to put food on their table daily. Software is yet to start paying my bills so I can't start mentorship as at yet.
Check through programming comment section, you will find the big guns therein.
thank, I will appreciate if you could recommend, video resources and books for me .
Re: Please Rate My Portfolio Website by DDayve: 9:08am On Jun 01, 2023
Edipet:
thank, I will appreciate if you could recommend, video resources and books for me .

Depends on the skill you wanna acquire. One of my go to resources is Udemy followed by w3schools for reference purposes.
For Udemy, each course I wanna buy,I check the ratings and read through the reviews seriously. Especially the most recent reviews. That is how you know if the course is outdated or not.
Re: Please Rate My Portfolio Website by silento(m): 9:48am On Jun 01, 2023
I will say 4/10

Elements no align well overflow
Bad color scheme
Bad font choice
And kind of not easy to navigate can be solved with a nice color for background so users will be able to sight it in time

1 Like

Re: Please Rate My Portfolio Website by Deicide: 6:02pm On Jun 01, 2023
niel63:

I remember when I was using hasura with postgres.. but then, I realised I didn't even need them if I could just go with mine using nestjs/typeorm or sequalize and building out my own graphql server or RestAPI endpoints. At the end of the day you'll find out you'll learn more as you come at crossroads of choosing the best route to actualize your desired goals... you can simply stick with prisma.
This shit has also happened to me, i had already completed both the front end and back end when i realized i could have just used prisma in the front end and interacted with the DB directly. chai e pain me!

1 Like

Re: Please Rate My Portfolio Website by Nobody: 6:14pm On Jun 01, 2023
Edipet:
Bro. I will like to work with you, I'm also From mechanical engineering background, without a job yet, so frustrating. currently learning javascript. Please can you mentor me, my area of specialization in mechanical engineering is also air-conditioning and refrigeration.

Jesus Christ

Nigeria is scary angry
Re: Please Rate My Portfolio Website by DDayve: 11:20pm On Jun 01, 2023
silento:
I will say 4/10

Elements no align well overflow
Bad color scheme
Bad font choice
And kind of not easy to navigate can be solved with a nice color for background so users will be able to sight it in time

Thank you very much boss.

I am surprise at the overflow thing, I personally hate things like that.
Which of the pages did you experience that cos it's not like that both on my mobile and system here.
Which of the browser are you using?

I will work on other stuff you have noticed once I finish what I am doing.

Thanks boss
Re: Please Rate My Portfolio Website by silento(m): 9:45am On Jun 02, 2023
DDayve:

Thank you very much boss.

I am surprise at the overflow thing, I personally hate things like that.
Which of the pages did you experience that cos it's not like that both on my mobile and system here.
Which of the browser are you using?

I will work on other stuff you have noticed once I finish what I am doing.

Thanks boss

Firefox , I think z-index the header to a higher number will fix it

1 Like

Re: Please Rate My Portfolio Website by DDayve: 2:23pm On Jun 02, 2023
silento:

Firefox , I think z-index the header to a higher number will fix it

Thanks boss
Re: Please Rate My Portfolio Website by Pclemenza: 4:53am On Nov 10, 2023
DDayve:

Thanks brother. I didn't even feel bad with what she said. Her comments has even helped me do some modifications.
U know stuff like this portfolio thing, when you show it to non-techs, they praise you and you feel on top of the world but when you bring it to fellow Devs, they see your error and possibly help you get better. My purpose of bringing it here is to get constructive criticism not even praise.
What did you use in building the page?

HTML, CSS. …
Please list all out. Thank you
Re: Please Rate My Portfolio Website by DDayve: 2:09pm On Nov 10, 2023
Pclemenza:

What did you use in building the page?

HTML, CSS. …
Please list all out. Thank you

It's a simple one.
React typescript, sass CSS, node express, MongoDb to collect visitors count, AOS, Nodemailer for email messaging. Deployed the simple backend with AWS lambda and the frontend on AWS amplify.
Re: Please Rate My Portfolio Website by Pclemenza: 9:32pm On Nov 10, 2023
DDayve:

It's a simple one.
React typescript, sass CSS, node express, MongoDb to collect visitors count, AOS, Nodemailer for email messaging. Deployed the simple backend with AWS lambda and the frontend on AWS amplify.
Thank you. Still in my learning phase, currently on Javascript

1 Like

Re: Please Rate My Portfolio Website by DDayve: 4:29am On Nov 11, 2023
TastyFriedPussy:
When you think you have seen the worst and ugliest looking website an acclaimed nairaland web dev can design in the name of a porfolio website, fiam, an even greater nonentity will pop up. Shebi if them ask this one now, he will say he is a web dev. Later him go they shout "bring me all your web development jobs, bring me jobs". with this rubbish wey him dey design. OP let me just tell you the truth, that your website na nonsense. Better go and look for a hard skill to learn like barbing or shoe making, you will not go far in this web dev path with this calamity you call website. Don't listen to all those fools above like that Greatigbowoman prasing you for this nonsense you designed, they are just trying to make you feel good, they don't like saying the truth but me, i go talk am as e dey hot. You designed nonsense, if i see better thing, i go talk say na better thing. This your work na pure bull sh*t tongue

My bullshit portfolio finally got me a job oo. What do you think happened?
Re: Please Rate My Portfolio Website by steno1: 6:27am On Nov 11, 2023
TastyFriedPussy:
When you think you have seen the worst and ugliest looking website an acclaimed nairaland web dev can design in the name of a porfolio website, fiam, an even greater nonentity will pop up. Shebi if them ask this one now, he will say he is a web dev. Later him go they shout "bring me all your web development jobs, bring me jobs". with this rubbish wey him dey design. OP let me just tell you the truth, that your website na nonsense. Better go and look for a hard skill to learn like barbing or shoe making, you will not go far in this web dev path with this calamity you call website. Don't listen to all those fools above like that Greatigbowoman prasing you for this nonsense you designed, they are just trying to make you feel good, they don't like saying the truth but me, i go talk am as e dey hot. You designed nonsense, if i see better thing, i go talk say na better thing. This your work na pure bull sh*t tongue
.Nairaland is the worst place I have seen for developers. Many bitter people here. Do you know the amount of effort, skills , sleeplessness night it took that guy to develop this, and all you could say is this? My brother don't mind anybody. Infact stop showing your work in nairaland. If u need people to review your work, go to reddit

1 Like

Re: Please Rate My Portfolio Website by steno1: 6:29am On Nov 11, 2023
DDayve:

My bullshit portfolio finally got me a job oo. What do you think happened?
.Wow. nice one bro.. was that your first job? Please how did you do it? Will like to have your personal contact pls

1 Like

Re: Please Rate My Portfolio Website by steno1: 6:31am On Nov 11, 2023
Devdevdev:
This clown went to copy and paste code.

Your portfolio website was" built the frontend with React TypeScript, Sass CSS and deployed on AWS Amplify and serverless backend with NodeJs, ExpressJs, MongoDb, AWS Lambda and AWS API Gateway." Lol. What nonsense. The stupid portfolio site doesn't even have any functionality and links don't go anywhere. Can you prove he copied it. Even if he did, is still part of the game. Why must you be very negative when you see good things

It is rubbish junior devs like this copy and paste clown that have made the job market oversaturated and difficult to get into.

Re: Please Rate My Portfolio Website by steno1: 6:44am On Nov 11, 2023
DDayve:
www.okafordavid.com
your portfolio site is very nice. Good job. But I would personally preferred lighter background with darker text. Also some of your projects look like the are static pages and you still have lorem Ipsum in some. Another thing is this, I may be wrong, but some of your works look like some projects in Udemy. Like Natour, Trillo. I think I have come across such project, by a CSS guy. He was teaching CSS. My advice is to try and change the name of the project, and change one or two things so that, by mere hearing the name or looking at it, the person won't noticed if it was a tutorial. Nice one. Am also a self taught, looking to break through in getting a job, but I don't know where to start. My portfolio was rubbished here. So I removed all my css and currently building a new one. Here is my WhatsApp 08142534211. Pls let align
Re: Please Rate My Portfolio Website by DDayve: 7:14am On Nov 11, 2023
steno1:
your portfolio site is very nice. Good job. But I would personally preferred lighter background with darker text. Also some of your projects look like the are static pages and you still have lorem Ipsum in some. Another thing is this, I may be wrong, but some of your works look like some projects in Udemy. Like Natour, Trillo. I think I have come across such project, by a CSS guy. He was teaching CSS. My advice is to try and change the name of the project, and change one or two things so that, by mere hearing the name or looking at it, the person won't noticed if it was a tutorial. Nice one. Am also a self taught, looking to break through in getting a job, but I don't know where to start. My portfolio was rubbished here. So I removed all my css and currently building a new one. Here is my WhatsApp 08142534211. Pls let align

You are correct with the static sites for Trillo and Natour. They are just there to add numbers. I have no intention of changing the names except removing them entirely in the near future.
The hosting of one of my strong projects just got expired, so I had to remove it. I also had to remove some of my works I used to host on heroku when heroku was free. This greatly reduced the amount of project on my portfolio so I had no choice than to increase the numbers with them.

Infact, 2 of the projects there are job test projects, I had no choice but to add them to increase numbers. I have one e-commerce project I was working on with next Js, it's working perfectly fine on my machine but misbehaves with dynamic call to single products, I believe the free vercel hosting is the fault cos I have no issue when I next build it on my development server. I implemented NextAuth in that project. Very sweet on my machine but misbehaves on free vercel hosting. I had to also remove and discontinue the project.

At the end of the day, the question is, can you do the job? I can do more than you see on my portfolio.

1 Like

Re: Please Rate My Portfolio Website by DDayve: 10:27pm On Jan 07
steno1:
.Wow. nice one bro.. was that your first job? Please how did you do it? Will like to have your personal contact pls

Yeah! And performing excellently well.

Got the job via linkedin. I have been very close multiple times, but this time, God said it's my time.

By Gods grace, it didn't take much effort to earn the confidence of my employers. Good thing is that logic has never been an issue for me. So most of the logic based problem, I scale them quick enough

(1) (2) (Reply)

Learn Php Mysql The Wordpress Way / What Do Programmers Do In Airports?? / Bubblebrainer; An Open Source Game

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.