Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,639 members, 7,801,858 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:22 AM

Worldly Targets Set By Churches: How My Friend Began Preaching Rubbish - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Worldly Targets Set By Churches: How My Friend Began Preaching Rubbish (31568 Views)

2023: Prayers Of Intercession By Churches Keeping Nigeria Together - Kumuyi / Have Worldly, Crazy Dance Steps Crept Into Churches? / See The Church Where A Reverend Father Was Spotted Preaching That Has Gone Viral (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Worldly Targets Set By Churches: How My Friend Began Preaching Rubbish by fasho01(m): 9:50am On May 14, 2023
The truth is church is now a business venture and is been run as a business

4 Likes

Re: Worldly Targets Set By Churches: How My Friend Began Preaching Rubbish by Kukutenla: 9:51am On May 14, 2023
I don't know what you mean by worldly targets
Are you talking in terms of winning souls or increase in money remitted?
Is winning souls a worldly target?
And if a church win souls, should the financial remittance of the church not naturally increase?
I think you just want to criticize without having any serious ground other than to feel holier than thou.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Worldly Targets Set By Churches: How My Friend Began Preaching Rubbish by pek(m): 9:52am On May 14, 2023
The church is becoming 'worldy' and the world is becoming 'churchous'.

3 Likes

Re: Worldly Targets Set By Churches: How My Friend Began Preaching Rubbish by Jefferyhi86(m): 9:52am On May 14, 2023
Dis idiottt after exile ur hear again to scam people abi. U no longer advertise hacking again.. Flee from this infidel
9xvvavxr:
Let me teach you how to make $30 - $70 daily dealing with greedy white clients. It's an easy scam update with no traces using your mobile phone alone.....
Proofs available!!

2 Likes

Re: Worldly Targets Set By Churches: How My Friend Began Preaching Rubbish by Wisebliss1(m): 9:55am On May 14, 2023
God bless you real good for this.

4 Likes

Re: Worldly Targets Set By Churches: How My Friend Began Preaching Rubbish by wittydee: 10:03am On May 14, 2023
Brother, you are right. It is wrong to set targets in the house of God. Most believers are blinded by worldly standards.
It will be most appropriate for discerning believers to put their observations in prayer to God for healing of the body of Christ in these end times. Open criticism will do little or no good. The scriptures tells us in Jàmes 5:16, that 'the prayer of a righteous person has great power as it is working'. If it is possible to meet and speak to the church leadership about it, please do so, weather they listen or not, is not you problem, God will handle the rest. Don't relent in your effort to prayer for the Church and her leaders, we are in the end times already. It was foretold that such things will happen.

5 Likes

Re: Worldly Targets Set By Churches: How My Friend Began Preaching Rubbish by juman(m): 10:05am On May 14, 2023
They are business centers.

1 Like

Re: Worldly Targets Set By Churches: How My Friend Began Preaching Rubbish by Nobody: 10:08am On May 14, 2023
The real reason I stopped going to church. I pray at home. No pastor, No preacher.

7 Likes

Re: Worldly Targets Set By Churches: How My Friend Began Preaching Rubbish by iHart(m): 10:14am On May 14, 2023
jesusjnr2020:
Worldly Targets Set By Churches: How My Friend Began Preaching Rubbish

Ever since I became born-again and began to walk closely with God, I have always thought the practice of setting attendance or financial targets by churches and their leaders for those under their leadership was erroneous.

I believed it was a worldly practice that had nothing to do with God, hence if the church embraced such it would only end up derailing the church from its original values and standard.

I once had a friend who was a dedicated member of Christ Embassy, one of the denominations guilty of this practice, so when this topic came up during our conversations, I expressed my disapproval of such a policy in the church. But despite being a very devoted and committed member of the Church, he honestly admitted that such targets made him to start preaching what he ought not when he held a leadership position under the church.

He bowed to the pressure of meeting such targets set for him by his leaders and began preaching something else which he thought would enable him meet those targets when preaching the right thing couldn't.

I wasn't much surprised though about that because I knew very well that such was inevitable, considering that such targets were worldly and not of God, so it was only going to lead to compromising and going contrary to the things of God, since the things of this world were opposed to the things of God.

This is the same kind of targets set by some financial institutions to their employees that would make them to start going to ridiculous lengths, including sleeping with some of their clients, to meet them.

This is what has being embraced by a significant part of the church which ought to be in this world but not to the world.

That's why I don't get impressed with the mammoth crowds attending some churches and the amount of money they generate as a result.

It's much easier to achieve similar results by preaching the nonsense people want to hear rather than the Truth and Words of the Spirit.

If it were by preaching rubbish as it is the case in most of such churches, many of the disciples who left Jesus because of the Words of the Spirit He preached, would have never left Him.

They would have remained in the church at the expense of spiritual quality, which is more or less the result of the church we have today.

That's why I don't judge a church by the amount of members or riches they have, but how much they follow the example and teachings of Christ, because that's the only true standard that determines how successful a church is in the sight of God.

God bless.
You did not give us example of the rubbish he preached
Re: Worldly Targets Set By Churches: How My Friend Began Preaching Rubbish by denzel231: 10:15am On May 14, 2023
The only pastor I listen to is Apostle Arome Osayi.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Worldly Targets Set By Churches: How My Friend Began Preaching Rubbish by mployer(m): 10:23am On May 14, 2023
Without such targets many church leaders will be lackadaisical in discharging their duties.

The target makes it possible to discover and appropriately reward hardworking leaders.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Worldly Targets Set By Churches: How My Friend Began Preaching Rubbish by rezzy: 10:23am On May 14, 2023
This is not far from the truth

But sometimes, it's not from the overseers of the church but the pastors who want promotion by all means.

In my former parish where my husband was the parish pastor, we didn't have many members, the few we had were struggling to eat. So many at times, there was no tithe coming from them.
During one of those days, usher took remittance to Area headquarters, and the head usher said he won't collect because there was no members' tithe.

My husband was called upon, he explained to head usher, the man said lai lai because province will not collect the remittance from him too , that my husband should drop something at least to cover up.
My husband blatantly refused telling him he has put his own tithe, he can't put for members. That province should summon him, he will explain.

It's one lady that later drop 1k as tithe for members.

13 Likes

Re: Worldly Targets Set By Churches: How My Friend Began Preaching Rubbish by FirmTR(m): 10:27am On May 14, 2023
Trustedpronet:

And that is why I like Jehovah witness. Give according to your heart.

Jehovah witness na still another rubbish..

1 Like

Re: Worldly Targets Set By Churches: How My Friend Began Preaching Rubbish by Risingsunn: 10:33am On May 14, 2023
ukaface:
😂😂🤣😂😂🤣🤣🤣
Wait fess o
What is the target suppose to do? Increase tithe and offering??😮
if the church is not growing, the headquarters may replace the pastor. And you know our people like that tittle pastor. Someone close to me self is a pastor in our of the popular churches I won't mention the name of the church, infarct he use to add money to the church remittance, I asked him why? He said if the remittance is low they will replace him. I told him why are you so intrested in this pastor position? He couldn't give me any meaningful answer. He is not even a paid pastor.

4 Likes

Re: Worldly Targets Set By Churches: How My Friend Began Preaching Rubbish by Majesty7: 10:35am On May 14, 2023
Kukutenla:
And if a church win souls, should the financial remittance of the church not naturally increase?
I think you just want to criticize without having any serious ground other than to feel holier than thou.

Where do you get the preaching that wining souls should increase financial remittance of a church? No insult, we are all here to learn

10 Likes

Re: Worldly Targets Set By Churches: How My Friend Began Preaching Rubbish by mployer(m): 10:36am On May 14, 2023
rezzy:
This is not far from the truth

But sometimes, it's not from the overseers of the church but the pastors who want promotion by all means.

In my former parish where my husband was the parish pastor, we didn't have many members, the few we had were struggling to eat. So many at times, there was no tithe coming from them.
During one of those days, usher took remittance to Area headquarters, and the head usher said he won't collect because there was no members' tithe.

My husband was called upon, he explained to head usher, the man said lai lai because province will not collect the remittance from him too , that my husband should drop something at least to cover up.
My husband blatantly refused telling him he has put his own tithe, he can't put for members. That province should summon him, he will explain.

It's one lady that later drop 1k as tithe for members.

I know this is RCCG.

It's not easy to pastor a small church but that is the real test of true calling.

We have a parish under our zone presently that is not holding any service, but we still send remittance on their behalf just because their data is on RCCG database.

The Usher was right, they might not be able to submit the remittance form online if the space for members tithe is left blank.

3 Likes

Re: Worldly Targets Set By Churches: How My Friend Began Preaching Rubbish by ukaface(f): 10:38am On May 14, 2023
Risingsunn:
if the church is not growing, the headquarters may replace the pastor. And you know our people like that tittle pastor. Someone close to me self is a pastor in our of the popular churches I won't mention the name of the church, infarct he use to add money to the church remittance, I asked him why? He said if the remittance is low they will replace him. I told him why are you so intrested in this pastor position? He couldn't give me any meaningful answer. He is not even a paid pastor.
Aaaaaahhhhhhh😮😮😮are you kidding?
How come I’ve never heard of this?
I can’t wrap my head around this information wey I don hear this morning o, for inside church?
It is well with them and their targets o

2 Likes

Re: Worldly Targets Set By Churches: How My Friend Began Preaching Rubbish by blahc007: 10:40am On May 14, 2023
HomeTutorsPro:
You are born again and you are attacking a particular church?
You need to check your birth again 'cos I think the placenta didn't drop.
The issue of rubbish teaching is a characteristic of all religious organisations.
Religion is focused on mind control by default.
You can't condemn one church and vindicate another. Mosques are not left out.
A lot of churches operate a franchise.
Sign an agreement, open a church in their name, and deliver a certain amount monthly.
If you fail, they take over your church.
Until Christians understand that they don't need no pastor to access God, the nonsense continues.

You were making sense until the @bolded.
Let me assume I don't understand what you mean.

Nobody needs a pastor to access God, maybe you should find out the purpose of Pastors and other spiritual offices here Eph.4:10-13

Forgive me if I derailed...but still read the scripture
Re: Worldly Targets Set By Churches: How My Friend Began Preaching Rubbish by rezzy: 10:46am On May 14, 2023
mployer:

I know this is RCCG.

It's not easy to pastor a small church but that is the real test of true calling.

We have a parish under our zone presently that is not holding any service, but we still send remittance on their behalf just because their data is on RCCG database.

The Usher was right, they might not be able to submit the remittance form online if the space for members tithe is left blank.

Just wow,
But to me, it doesn't make sense nau.

Reporting to the province about a closed down parish would have been better sha, instead of pretending to have the parish still in existence.

Or there should be a way on the database where such parish can be removed

I believe those pastors know what to do, but it must never be heard that a parish closed down in their time. At least, i have heard a Zonal pastor say this

2 Likes

Re: Worldly Targets Set By Churches: How My Friend Began Preaching Rubbish by FirmTR(m): 10:50am On May 14, 2023
Kukutenla:

Target for what exactly, is the church a business enterprise? Winning souls is by the grace of God and the willingness of your prospect.

So, there is no reason to mandate someone to meet a target.

3 Likes

Re: Worldly Targets Set By Churches: How My Friend Began Preaching Rubbish by CheapHomes1: 10:52am On May 14, 2023
HomeTutorsPro:
You are born again and you are attacking a particular church?
You need to check your birth again 'cos I think the placenta didn't drop.
The issue of rubbish teaching is a characteristic of all religious organisations.
Religion is focused on mind control by default.
You can't condemn one church and vindicate another. Mosques are not left out.
A lot of churches operate a franchise.
Sign an agreement, open a church in their name, and deliver a certain amount monthly.
If you fail, they take over your church.
Until Christians understand that they don't need no pastor to access God, the nonsense continues.

how does all you said relate to the write up by the OP?

2 Likes

Re: Worldly Targets Set By Churches: How My Friend Began Preaching Rubbish by Jokerman(m): 10:53am On May 14, 2023
rezzy:

Just wow,

Reporting to the province about a closed down parish would have been better sha, instead of pretending to have the parish still in existence.

I believe those pastors know what to do, but it must never be heard that a parish closed down in their time. At least, i have heard a Zonal pastor say this

So the Zonal pastor can deceive both God and Man?

1 Like

Re: Worldly Targets Set By Churches: How My Friend Began Preaching Rubbish by LordReed(m): 10:55am On May 14, 2023
LoLz. As I saw this topic on FP I just knew it was jesusjnr2020, the mouthpiece of the god. Bwahahahahaha!
Re: Worldly Targets Set By Churches: How My Friend Began Preaching Rubbish by Emaprince: 10:56am On May 14, 2023
Menclothing:
What is your business with your friends goals and target live your life

Target without Jesus should not be followed
You are contradicting your self though.

Your last line is exactly what he was trying to pass across.

The whole target thing was designed to win more members which translates to financial influx.

Most churches only preach about breakthrough which pleases audiences. That's when they shout the most amen. Or preach about women getting married this year and watch them shout a deafening amen.

But preach only about lifestyles that will earn you a place in heaven..and watch your congregation get reduced drastically. People don't want you to tell them that they are making money the wrong way..and might end up in hell for it. They want you to tell them that this year they will become millionaires. Women don't want to hear you talking about the way they dress these days in their endless quest for attention from opposite sex. Just tell them that one's dress style doesn't matter, it is what she has in her heart. Lol.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Worldly Targets Set By Churches: How My Friend Began Preaching Rubbish by Majesty7: 10:56am On May 14, 2023
blahc007:

Nobody needs a pastor to access God, maybe you should find out the purpose of Pastors and other spiritual offices here Eph.4:10-13

"And the same one who descended is the one who ascended higher than all the heavens, so that he might fill the entire universe with himself. Now these are the gifts Christ gave to the church: the apostles, the prophets, the evangelists, and the pastors and teachers."

He still didn't say you need a pastor to access God. Can you explain further? Thank you
Re: Worldly Targets Set By Churches: How My Friend Began Preaching Rubbish by eroticecstasy: 11:01am On May 14, 2023
This is why a certain church had three branches in my estate back in Lagos, wtf

2 Likes

Re: Worldly Targets Set By Churches: How My Friend Began Preaching Rubbish by Forlardara(m): 11:08am On May 14, 2023
What do you expect when Daddy G. O has not even given his life to God through Jesus Christ?
Re: Worldly Targets Set By Churches: How My Friend Began Preaching Rubbish by mployer(m): 11:08am On May 14, 2023
rezzy:

Just wow,

Closing down Parish looks like conceding defeat to the devil, at least that is how they see it .
Re: Worldly Targets Set By Churches: How My Friend Began Preaching Rubbish by DJInfluence: 11:11am On May 14, 2023
Your argument would have been stronger if you mentioned or give examples of some of the rubbish the churches (including your friend) was preaching.
Otherwise it sounds just like a rant to me.
Re: Worldly Targets Set By Churches: How My Friend Began Preaching Rubbish by AngelicBeing: 11:21am On May 14, 2023
hopefulLandlord:
churches are businesses that are created to make money and profit for the owners. know this and know peace
You have started again, l will ban this account for 400 years and l will ask Buhari to arrest you and detain you in Katsina for another 400 years, get ready to be arrested today shocked
Re: Worldly Targets Set By Churches: How My Friend Began Preaching Rubbish by GreatAchiever1: 11:22am On May 14, 2023
blahc007:

I think you misunderstood, but I agree with him, the text there said to equip them in the building up of the body of Christ and not to take you to have access to God, that was the work of the priest in the old testament which is no longer valid because Christ became our high priest and we Christian being dead and risen in Christ becomes a royal priesthood through Christ hence we have Avenue at any time or place to access God through Christ.

1 Like

Re: Worldly Targets Set By Churches: How My Friend Began Preaching Rubbish by Buffalo2(m): 11:22am On May 14, 2023
They have a word for it. "CHURCH GROWTH". If you tell them otherwise they tag you a candidate of hell

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Joyce Meyer Defends Tattoos, Says She Might Get One To Make Religious People Mad / Catholic Church Collapses In Enugu, Five Dead / Pastor Thaddeus Matthews Makes Women Twerk In Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.