Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,190 members, 7,780,317 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 12:16 PM

Military Officers Raise Alarm Over Corruption, Ethnic And Religious Bigots - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Military Officers Raise Alarm Over Corruption, Ethnic And Religious Bigots (28086 Views)

Meet The Real Religious BIGOTS Who Are STILL In Power TODAY. / Emefiele: Nigeria Under Buhari Has Defeated Ethnic And Religious Bigotry – Group / CIA Revision Of Nigeria's Ethnic And Religious Statistics. Shock Alert!! ... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Military Officers Raise Alarm Over Corruption, Ethnic And Religious Bigots by iwaeda: 2:36pm On May 14, 2023
Some military officers under the aegis of Concerned Patriotic Military Officers have raised the alarm over the state of the nation which it said has become increasingly impossible to guarantee the survival of Nigeria as a country.

The group raised its concerns in an open letter addressed to the Presidency, Senate and Service Chiefs titled: "The Military Promoting Grave Injustice And Unprofessionalism To Destroy Nigeria."

It described the Nigerian Army as a place with religious bigots and injustice.

In the letter obtained by SaharaReporters on Sunday, the group warned that if the situation must be changed, there must be a radical response to destroy the evil roots that have made the country Nigeria a failed nation.

The group said, "There was a time when Nigerians could live in full satisfaction from fundamental provisions of the state such as security, safety, means of livelihood and all-inclusiveness. These provisions have been killed by few enemies of the state who seek to advance only their interests. This is an open letter to those who care to force the wind of change from all spheres of life in Nigeria.

"The main glue or unifying force that has kept Nigeria afloat is the military. Unfortunately, the Military has been ravaged by selfish, evil, unprofessional, greedy, sentimental, unpatriotic ethnic and religious bigots who are determined to grow and nurture like-minded successors all to the detriment of this beloved nation.

"Now imagine that Nigeria has been at war for over 13 years and the country has less than 250,000 officers and soldiers but only a fraction of them have participated genuinely in this war. The Nigerian Army is the most guilty of the services that will catalyse the destruction of Nigeria. The kind of evil in the army is beyond comprehension."

The group added, "There are soldiers who have served in army headquarters in Abuja for 10 to 15 years and beyond, all permanented in Abuja without going for any war. While others continue to remain at war or are rotated and taken back after a short period. The same army but different treatments because of sentiments. The generals keep soldiers with them who they only send for foreign missions to make money while the god fatherless continue to fight for the country. Even entitlements are not paid correctly.

"The ones fighting are not useless but are the heroes receiving bad treatment due to lack of godfathers. Soldiers prepare to throw this country into confusion because the few that are enjoying are the cowards and can’t face the ones suffering."

Accusing Nigeria military officers of corruption, the group explained that during the 2023 elections, funds made available for the welfare of soldiers were siphoned by army headquarters, adding that those monies were shared with their commanders who conducted the elections.

The group alleged that some officers used the stolen funds to buy estates and assets all over Nigeria.

It said, "The officers too, some will never take part in war but they enjoy the most. Imagine the army becoming a regional army where officers and soldiers are sent to serve in their states because they can afford to pay for postings.

“Some soldiers and officers will serve in places to make money. Then when they finish, they pay money to return to Abuja and serve.

"Some officers will dodge, then as Colonel or General, they will go as chief of staff to the war zone because at that level they will not take part just to appear on record that they have served there. Some even go as MA to hide. Enough is enough. There are many things these injustices can cause."

They, however, warned that unless these issues are addressed immediately and squarely, "selling of ammunition cannot stop in the army".

"Again this country should know that the soldiers and officers who are treated badly can create confusion within and outside the army," the group said.

While calling on Nigerians to wake up and seize the country now before it is too late, the group disclosed that foreigners are even coming to collect "our lands in the face of wicked selfish leaders and their selfish few followers."

They advised that if there is any part of Nigeria considered irrelevant, that region should be allowed to go their way.

"Nigerians, wake up and seize your destinies by yourselves because no one will do it for you. If there is any section of the country that is considered not relevant then let them leave. The constitution provides for federalism and all-inclusiveness but even the army is regional, religious and ethnic now," the group advised.

https://saharareporters.com/2023/05/14/military-officers-raise-alarm-over-corruption-ethnic-and-religious-bigots-nigerian-army

55 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Military Officers Raise Alarm Over Corruption, Ethnic And Religious Bigots by LeoDeKing: 2:39pm On May 14, 2023
Nigerians, wake up and seize your destinies by yourselves because no one will do it for you.

I was agreeing with the report until I got to this.

Maybe biafuro military.

109 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Military Officers Raise Alarm Over Corruption, Ethnic And Religious Bigots by DMerciful(m): 2:55pm On May 14, 2023
Obi is coming

52 Likes 1 Share

Re: Military Officers Raise Alarm Over Corruption, Ethnic And Religious Bigots by Tntsi: 2:56pm On May 14, 2023
Injustice, nepotism, robbery, fraudulent activities, tribalism etc resides in many fabrics and departments of our nation.

There is nothing an electoral robber can do about it.

The only hope of Nigeria is the coming obedient new Nigeria.

The obedient Nigeria will reset the nation.

143 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Military Officers Raise Alarm Over Corruption, Ethnic And Religious Bigots by VeryWickedPrick: 2:58pm On May 14, 2023
Tribal bigotry is part of Nigerian culture.

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: Military Officers Raise Alarm Over Corruption, Ethnic And Religious Bigots by seunmsg(m): 2:59pm On May 14, 2023
Under President Bola Ahmed Tinubu, the military will be restructured for better service delivery. All the issues raised by the aggrieved soldiers will be addressed and the army will be fully professionalized.

The best among the officers cadre will lead the military irrespective of religion and ethnic background while 50,000 young Nigerians will be recruited to boost the fighting capacity of the military forces.

95 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Military Officers Raise Alarm Over Corruption, Ethnic And Religious Bigots by KingOfIsoko1: 3:01pm On May 14, 2023
Sad truth about what is going on

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Military Officers Raise Alarm Over Corruption, Ethnic And Religious Bigots by OneCandleAway(f): 3:03pm On May 14, 2023
seunmsg:
Under President Bola Ahmed Tinubu, the military will be restructured for better service delivery.

Let him deal with senate and house of repes leadership issues forst.

Then I'll know if he can control the caliphate

59 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Military Officers Raise Alarm Over Corruption, Ethnic And Religious Bigots by Odin13: 3:03pm On May 14, 2023
Nigeria as a country is built on tribal and religious sentiments

… not even restructuring will change this .. as longs it’s Nigeria

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Military Officers Raise Alarm Over Corruption, Ethnic And Religious Bigots by gaby(m): 3:31pm On May 14, 2023
If these sets were truly patriotic and with any modicum of guts, one of them would have rallied co-patriots to seize power, build a gargantuan zoo, and go on an arrest spree of these present corrupt and thieving politicians...all of them.

Force them to point out and vomit all the looted and stashed-up funds before marching them one after another to any of the beaches to send them back to their makers.

Demons.

Political soldiers..

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Military Officers Raise Alarm Over Corruption, Ethnic And Religious Bigots by onumadu: 3:35pm On May 14, 2023
iwaeda:

"The main glue or unifying force that has kept Nigeria afloat is the military. Unfortunately, the Military has been ravaged by selfish, evil, unprofessional, greedy, sentimental, unpatriotic ethnic and religious bigots who are determined to grow and nurture like-minded successors all to the detriment of this beloved nation.

"Now imagine that Nigeria has been at war for over 13 years and the country has less than 250,000 officers and soldiers but only a fraction of them have participated genuinely in this war. The Nigerian Army is the most guilty of the services that will catalyse the destruction of Nigeria. The kind of evil in the army is beyond comprehension."

The group added, "There are soldiers who have served in army headquarters in Abuja for 10 to 15 years and beyond, all permanented in Abuja without going for any war. While others continue to remain at war or are rotated and taken back after a short period. The same army but different treatments because of sentiments. The generals keep soldiers with them who they only send for foreign missions to make money while the god fatherless continue to fight for the country. Even entitlements are not paid correctly.

"The ones fighting are not useless but are the heroes receiving bad treatment due to lack of godfathers. Soldiers prepare to throw this country into confusion because the few that are enjoying are the cowards and can’t face the ones suffering."

Hmm ...
I smell trouble.

11 Likes

Re: Military Officers Raise Alarm Over Corruption, Ethnic And Religious Bigots by yarimo(m): 3:41pm On May 14, 2023
IPOB terrorist busy claiming Nigeria army

59 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Military Officers Raise Alarm Over Corruption, Ethnic And Religious Bigots by telleyway: 3:44pm On May 14, 2023
seunmsg:
Under President Bola Ahmed Tinubu, the military will be restructured for better service delivery. All the issues raised by the aggrieved soldiers will be addressed and the army will be fully professionalized.

The best among the officers cadre will lead the military irrespective of religion and ethnic background while 50,000 young Nigerians will be recruited to boost the fighting capacity of the military forces.

You forgot to add that they will be fed with agbado and cassava

55 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Military Officers Raise Alarm Over Corruption, Ethnic And Religious Bigots by Asswipemod: 4:31pm On May 14, 2023
seunmsg:

As per your caucus meeting, àbí? You and MushroomPikin et al. Àbí?😏😏 As abesin kawo now. On a Kadoso Mutairu level, shey? Oniyeye!

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Military Officers Raise Alarm Over Corruption, Ethnic And Religious Bigots by Racoon(m): 4:34pm On May 14, 2023
The Nigerian Army is the most guilty of the services that will catalyse the destruction of Nigeria. The kind of evil in the army is beyond comprehension."

6 Likes

Re: Military Officers Raise Alarm Over Corruption, Ethnic And Religious Bigots by Racoon(m): 4:54pm On May 14, 2023
seunmsg:
Under President Bola Ahmed Tinubu, the military will be restructured for better service delivery.The best among the officers cadre will lead the military irrespective of religion and ethnic background while 50,000 young Nigerians will be recruited to boost the fighting capacity of the military forces.
As par using the cassava and agbado rhetoric.The "best irrespective of religion"? Guess you want him to continue the ethno-religious supremacist agenda and not balancing?

You better pray the military does not even revolt before then because the drug baron and corruption personified can never professionalise a military filled with equally corrupt hausa-fulani fella entrenched in high places by the Buhari regime

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Military Officers Raise Alarm Over Corruption, Ethnic And Religious Bigots by khalling2008: 5:05pm On May 14, 2023
Reading all the stories I concluded that;
1. The writer must be from the Ipob region
2. The group is looking at all means to paint our gallant soldiers bad

We will not grant you your Biafra and we will not allow you to be the president of this country. I will advise the president-elect not to allow any securities from the Ipob region near his securities because all of them are agitating for Biafra. Can you see one pastor from Biafra land that wants to instigate the wife of the president-elect to poison him? I'm very sure if the wife of the president-elect was from Biafra, they will instigate her to kill her husband.

I will advise our gallant soldiers not to relent in their battle against terrorists in this country especially from the Ipob region because they will want to find all means to cause unrest in this country after May 29.

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Military Officers Raise Alarm Over Corruption, Ethnic And Religious Bigots by DatNiggaDaz: 5:14pm On May 14, 2023
Some peoole are only interested in Buhari's and Tinubu's juicy positions in government while their ancestral land is gone

18 Likes

Re: Military Officers Raise Alarm Over Corruption, Ethnic And Religious Bigots by RealGandalf: 5:29pm On May 14, 2023
Hmm...
Re: Military Officers Raise Alarm Over Corruption, Ethnic And Religious Bigots by Skillsnigeria: 6:26pm On May 14, 2023
Hmmm
Re: Military Officers Raise Alarm Over Corruption, Ethnic And Religious Bigots by 00FFT00(m): 7:01pm On May 14, 2023
seunmsg:

And fed corn and cassava.

7 Likes

Re: Military Officers Raise Alarm Over Corruption, Ethnic And Religious Bigots by Godfullsam(m): 7:12pm On May 14, 2023
LeoDeKing:
[b][/b]
I was agreeing with the report until I got to this.

Maybe biafuro military.

Everything is not always about Biafra, yoruba Igbo etc.

The level of corruption and religious sentiment going on in this country is alarming.
We are simply not one country, I don't know why people find it difficult to understand this..

There is no way you will convince me that a yoruba man is not different from a fulani or an Igbo man in terms of ethnicity, language, culture, mindset etc even in appearance sef.

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Military Officers Raise Alarm Over Corruption, Ethnic And Religious Bigots by Godfullsam(m): 7:14pm On May 14, 2023
Tntsi:
The only hope of Nigeria is the coming obedient new Nigeria.

The obedient Nigeria will reset the nation.

Nobody is coming to reset any nation. Truth is, we are not supposed to be one indivisible nation in the first place

13 Likes

Re: Military Officers Raise Alarm Over Corruption, Ethnic And Religious Bigots by JOemmy(m): 7:18pm On May 14, 2023
This might be the reasons why some of those suffering and frustrated soildiers resort to killing their superiors and also killing themselves sometimes.

9 Likes

Re: Military Officers Raise Alarm Over Corruption, Ethnic And Religious Bigots by LeoDeKing: 7:19pm On May 14, 2023
Godfullsam:

Everything is not always about Biafra, yoruba Igbo etc.

The level of corruption and religious sentiment going on in this country is alarming.
We are simply not one country, I don't know why people find it difficult to understand this..

There is no way you will convince me that a yoruba man is not different from a fulani or an Igbo man in terms of ethnicity, language, culture, mindset etc even in appearance sef.

So what do you want me to do? I should help you carry placards and start screaming biafuro or what?

You have elected leaders at all levels of govt, tell them what you want and stop disturbing my mention.

Nobody is holding you down in Nigeria, you are free to tell your leaders what you want. Besides, nobody is forcing anyone to leave his village and start travelling to Lagos, Kano, Kaduna and Oyo state.

Personally, if I have my way, all these noise about biafuro would have been over about 20 years ago. We Nigerians would have been doing our things our own way very peacefully.

42 Likes

Re: Military Officers Raise Alarm Over Corruption, Ethnic And Religious Bigots by proeast(m): 7:22pm On May 14, 2023
The criminal drug lord has destroyed Nigeria. When the bastard openly stated he does not believe in Nigeria, many did not understand. Look at how the fool has reduced Nigeria to a war zone because of his rotten ambition.

His end will be worse than Abiola.

8 Likes

Re: Military Officers Raise Alarm Over Corruption, Ethnic And Religious Bigots by proeast(m): 7:36pm On May 14, 2023
Nigerian army used to be a unifying force but not anymore. For those saying that Nigeria can never break up, I hope you're now cleared.

Nigeria is fast breaking up and nothing is being done to stop it.

12 Likes

Re: Military Officers Raise Alarm Over Corruption, Ethnic And Religious Bigots by Bringbackmandat: 7:41pm On May 14, 2023
seunmsg:

fools paradise.
Continue expecting a drug lord to do any better.
Tinubu will be the worst president of this country
No president has ever divided Nigerians along religious line like Tinubu.

23 Likes

Re: Military Officers Raise Alarm Over Corruption, Ethnic And Religious Bigots by Bringbackmandat: 7:46pm On May 14, 2023
I am a proud northerner and I believe this country is not supposed to be together. We have different cultures, believes,religions and many other differences. Therefore, I suggest this country should be divided according to geo political zones.

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Military Officers Raise Alarm Over Corruption, Ethnic And Religious Bigots by Jomonix: 7:48pm On May 14, 2023
This hatefulness is growing by the day. It's time we put a stop to it. No one will benefit from a large scale conflict. We need to accommodate one another. Nigerians ronu.

1 Like

Re: Military Officers Raise Alarm Over Corruption, Ethnic And Religious Bigots by Godfullsam(m): 7:48pm On May 14, 2023
LeoDeKing:

So what do you want me to do? I should help you carry placards and start screaming biafuro or what?

You have elected leaders at all levels of govt, tell them what you want and stop disturbing my mention.

Nobody is holding you down in Nigeria, you are free to tell your leaders what you want. Besides, nobody is forcing anyone to leave his village and start travelling to Lagos, Kano, Kaduna and Oyo state.

Personally, if I have my way, all these noise about biafuro would have been over about 20 years ago. We Nigerians would have been doing our things our own way very peacefully.

I know something is already whispering you 'he one of those frustrated noisy igbos'. grin

Come off it grin

1 Like

Re: Military Officers Raise Alarm Over Corruption, Ethnic And Religious Bigots by eagleu: 8:05pm On May 14, 2023
B. U. H. A. R. I

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

PDP Campaign Rally In Gaya, Kano (Photos) / Governor Babajide Sanwo-olu Commissions New Police Command Complex. PICTURES. / Bayelsa: Protest Against Supreme Court Ruling, APC Supporters Set Bonfire

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.