Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,298 members, 7,808,012 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:22 AM

Rise In Divorce Among Nigerian Couples After Relocating To UK - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Rise In Divorce Among Nigerian Couples After Relocating To UK (41875 Views)

American Woman Sets Her Wedding Dress Ablaze In Divorce Photoshoot / Lottery Winner Transfers Millions To Mum So His Wife Won't Get Share In Divorce / How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rise In Divorce Among Nigerian Couples After Relocating To UK by ginggerxy: 11:31am On May 15, 2023
Jennyclay:
Biko, Someone should come and take me to U.k, honestly I wonโ€™t end the relationship/marriage
You can take yourself to the UK or Canada. If you survive on on your own without a man's help , you will value a man when you finally get one over there.

4 Likes

Re: Rise In Divorce Among Nigerian Couples After Relocating To UK by ufotunang: 11:32am On May 15, 2023
Jennyclay:
Biko, Someone should come and take me to U.k, honestly I wonโ€™t end the relationship/marriage
...hmmmm....I do not trust you ๐Ÿƒ๐Ÿฟโ€โ™‚๏ธ๐Ÿƒ๐Ÿฟโ€โ™‚๏ธ๐Ÿƒ๐Ÿฟโ€โ™‚๏ธ๐Ÿƒ๐Ÿฟโ€โ™‚๏ธ๐Ÿƒ๐Ÿฟโ€โ™‚๏ธ๐Ÿƒ๐Ÿฟโ€โ™‚๏ธ๐Ÿƒ๐Ÿฟโ€โ™‚๏ธ๐Ÿƒ๐Ÿฟโ€โ™‚๏ธ๐Ÿƒ๐Ÿปโ€โ™‚๏ธ
Re: Rise In Divorce Among Nigerian Couples After Relocating To UK by DrAkpamudehe: 11:34am On May 15, 2023
JovialJune:

Enough with the bs gaslighting and ad hominem

Women didn't abuse the privilege of any system, they left abusive marriages because they can, same way men leave too. Women didn't divorce themselves, their husbands also agreed to end their marriages.

And one simp will consider putting this one in his home? I pity the simp in advance

Modified

She is already married. I am sorry for the simp she kept at home,

4 Likes

Re: Rise In Divorce Among Nigerian Couples After Relocating To UK by AyomideOG01: 11:35am On May 15, 2023
Jennyclay:

So says a self advertising gold digger

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rise In Divorce Among Nigerian Couples After Relocating To UK by princeabdul(m): 11:35am On May 15, 2023
JovialJune:

Very funny

The problem with you Nigerian men is that you think all the nonsense permitted in our society which you get away with, also applies there when you travel out, very funny.

There are so many women earning their living in Nigeria because the economy permits it, there are so many women earning more than their husbands in this Nigeria, so what exactly is the difference between Nigeria and U.K?

The real reason why Nigeriaan women refuse to take your bullshit abroad is because you think you can eat your cake and have it, the constant polygamous in nature bs, treating her like she is nothing, cheating anyhow, controlling mindset with subjugation and dominance, will not be tolerated in a society where people's mental state and health especially that of women is important for a sane and functioning society, unlike here that it is expected of women to remain in abusive marriages because society says so.

If you like keep being pained that Nigerian women are on a fvcking spree same as you men that take pride in it, something that has been going on and rampant in Nigeria what exactly will be the difference abroad? How exactly is it a new found freedom?

You nl boys really over rate yourselves sha.
if at all you wrote this from your head ,then your head is a hollow tank .

6 Likes

Re: Rise In Divorce Among Nigerian Couples After Relocating To UK by blowjohn(m): 11:35am On May 15, 2023
Jennyclay:

Oya write out the agreement for here make slawormmi and seun sign as witnesses
Re: Rise In Divorce Among Nigerian Couples After Relocating To UK by Crafteck1: 11:35am On May 15, 2023
Righteousness2:
Real joy and satisfaction is not in travelling to the UK, America, France, etc.
Real peace is not in moving to Europe, asia, America, the middle east,

Anywhere you are in the world, real joy and Satisfaction is only available in JESUS Christ.
There must be a conscious effort to know JESUS, Obey His word and live for JESUS Christ.

In JESUS Christ alone we find real peace in this troubled and sinking world.

Nonsense talk from nonsense individual, if not for tithes and offering Christianity for don die.
Re: Rise In Divorce Among Nigerian Couples After Relocating To UK by sowhatifiamibo(m): 11:35am On May 15, 2023
Righteousness2:
Real joy and satisfaction is not in travelling to the UK, America, France, etc.
Real peace is not in moving to Europe, asia, America, the middle east,

Anywhere you are in the world, real joy and Satisfaction is only available in JESUS Christ.
There must be a conscious effort to know JESUS, Obey His word and live for JESUS Christ.
In JESUS Christ alone we find real peace in this troubled and sinking world.
Rubbish!! Nigerians are overly religious to a fault!! Explain the cause of the situation the country is dealing with, till date, with all the "casting and binding" by the numerous prayer warriors, scattered all over the place?! [font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font][color=#990000][/color]
Re: Rise In Divorce Among Nigerian Couples After Relocating To UK by IJEYdiamond(f): 11:35am On May 15, 2023
[quote author=malcom1X post=123135411]The man fails to work on himself or improve himself. When he reaches there.

Indians, Chinese, Kenyans, people who are more educated than an average Nigerian do this same thing but you'll never hear them divorce. They settle their family issues.

But Nigerian women?

U dey mind complainants... Some Nigerian men their head no correct... at all... they have forgotten overs have laws and dont joke with human right..

Some idiots that dont value women and see them as toys instead of human beings... treating them like rags both verbally and emotionally .. when they get there they think its Nigeria as usual..

When dey get bleeped they will say the lady is an ingrate.... shioooooo

1 Like

Re: Rise In Divorce Among Nigerian Couples After Relocating To UK by Nobody: 11:36am On May 15, 2023
Jennyclay:

u fogot to commplete d statement with "immediately"
Re: Rise In Divorce Among Nigerian Couples After Relocating To UK by Blue86(m): 11:36am On May 15, 2023
The thing is, in every geo location, there is a ruler of darkness influencing and perpetrating the darknesses in that location.

In U.K for instance, divorce is one of the darknesses.
So don't be surprised, when a lady lands in there, and gets influenced or seduced to divorce, and actually do it.

Just like in The States ; where Homosexuality is one of the prevailing darkness in it.
So don't be surprised when a lady or young man gets into that place, and suddenly says he or she has found her truth ; that they were born gay.

Therefore, don't be influenced by whatever God is against, that is prevalent in the geographical location you find yourselves.

6 Likes

Re: Rise In Divorce Among Nigerian Couples After Relocating To UK by Bigmouth3: 11:37am On May 15, 2023
JovialJune:

Very funny

The problem with you Nigerian men is that you think all the nonsense permitted in our society which you get away with, also applies there when you travel out, very funny.

There are so many women earning their living in Nigeria because the economy permits it, there are so many women earning more than their husbands in this Nigeria, so what exactly is the difference between Nigeria and U.K?

The real reason why Nigeriaan women refuse to take your bullshit abroad is because you think you can eat your cake and have it, the constant polygamous in nature bs, treating her like she is nothing, cheating anyhow, controlling mindset with subjugation and dominance, will not be tolerated in a society where people's mental state and health especially that of women is important for a sane and functioning society, unlike here that it is expected of women to remain in abusive marriages because society says so.

If you like keep being pained that Nigerian women are on a fvcking spree same as you men that take pride in it, something that has been going on and rampant in Nigeria what exactly will be the difference abroad? How exactly is it a new found freedom?

You nl boys really over rate yourselves sha.
What makes you think women's mental state of health is expecially more important?
This is the same character that makes you guys become lonely at 40 and 50 , clutching on teddy bears and crying every night .
Me me me me will be the death of you all.
Normally I don't even see myself living in any western world , expecially the UK. A lady there has paid almost 40million naira to a male friend of mine ,all in the name of marriage cos she is lonely in the UK. They already did a wedding here and she went back ,now the guy is building a house ontop her head all in the name of our future . U go suffer like her if u no get sense

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rise In Divorce Among Nigerian Couples After Relocating To UK by edoairways: 11:37am On May 15, 2023
madridguy:
It is too much freedom.

Well, to me I still blame the men in such position, I no go sell my property, borrow money for us to travel you come reach foreign land make you come say you no do again. E no possible. We must talk am very well before we comot for Naija.
Have you bother to ask if those women were enjoying or enduring their marriage in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Rise In Divorce Among Nigerian Couples After Relocating To UK by vikstandon(m): 11:37am On May 15, 2023
Jennyclay:
if you also take me there is it a bad thing??

You go still call am broke guy finally... And ask him to stay away from relationship.
Re: Rise In Divorce Among Nigerian Couples After Relocating To UK by dafeoroyo: 11:37am On May 15, 2023
Jennyclay:

Are u sure? Can we sign a deal?
Re: Rise In Divorce Among Nigerian Couples After Relocating To UK by Crafteck1: 11:37am On May 15, 2023
wonder233:
The simple reason is that the UK, like most places in the west is a place of freedom and economic empowerment especially for females. This brings out the true nature of Nigerian females who have been married purely for economic reasons which originates from vacuous trado-religious beliefs.
So a lady who sees it as an anathema for a woman to earn money is suddenly in a clime where she earns her own money at par or even more than the man. She automatically disregards him and leaps to the new found freedom of sleeping around with different men, which has always been their true nature, but are forced to conceal with false modesty cos of the conservative Nigerian society

Loud it

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Rise In Divorce Among Nigerian Couples After Relocating To UK by RightToReject(m): 11:38am On May 15, 2023
It simply means that more than 95% of Nigerian couples, whether they're home or abroad-based, are just frenemies living together. The issue of most couples divorcing after they relocate to the UK isn't a new trend; it has been going on for decades. As much as I can recollect, starting from the late 1980s to date, more than 95% of the overseas-based Nigerian men I know that married in Nigeria and relocated their wives overseas, their marriages have always ended up in divorce, whether the men or women involved are the cause is a different subject matter.

In summary, relocation to a developed country, like the UK, simply hastens and/or aids divorce because of obvious factors.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rise In Divorce Among Nigerian Couples After Relocating To UK by kingthreat(m): 11:39am On May 15, 2023
Divorce is everywhere high. Even in Nigeria.
Going to the UK or US and getting divorced is like sponsoring your divorce.
Please read the red flags from your partner. Not many of them is worth japaing with.
On judgement day, it will be you alone. Not you and your wife.

5 Likes

Re: Rise In Divorce Among Nigerian Couples After Relocating To UK by Nairalander248: 11:39am On May 15, 2023
Jennyclay:

We no trust you... You love elderly people...

1 Like

Re: Rise In Divorce Among Nigerian Couples After Relocating To UK by ufotunang: 11:39am On May 15, 2023
sholatech:
Families need to decide and agree on so many issues before Japa anywhere
..it's mostly the women.. when the husband as finally taken them to UK....the woman/ wife now becomes a UK citizen and start mingling with other men ... white men...UK men .. and fall in love with the man... she will start cheating on the husband and misbehaving and not submissive to the husband , no love....and fight, quarrell, misunderstanding will happen between them which will lead to divorce

1 Like

Re: Rise In Divorce Among Nigerian Couples After Relocating To UK by zickyshey(m): 11:39am On May 15, 2023
Jennyclay:

Yea true ๐Ÿ‘
Your personal text says it all
Unapologetically feminist I hail ma ๐Ÿ™Œ

1 Like

Re: Rise In Divorce Among Nigerian Couples After Relocating To UK by OluMaighTee: 11:40am On May 15, 2023

Zealot S39 vibe machine massive bass

๐Ÿ”‹ 40 hours battery life
โœด๏ธ SD CARD
๐Ÿ”˜ 1 year warranty
โญ•๐Ÿ’ฏBrand new
๐ŸŒŠ AUX // USB
๐Ÿ”บ Touch Button
๐Ÿ”ป High Bass

Nationwide delivery

Pay on delivery

Call or WhatsApp

1 Share

Re: Rise In Divorce Among Nigerian Couples After Relocating To UK by phorget(m): 11:41am On May 15, 2023
Jennyclay:

Golddiggers are always insatiable,Just like Oliver Twist they will always ask for more.
Re: Rise In Divorce Among Nigerian Couples After Relocating To UK by TyroneP(m): 11:42am On May 15, 2023
One of many reasons is the fact that in a typical Nigerian family, the man shoulders more than 80% if not 100% financial responsibilities. The culture shock of adjusting to a situation in which both of them need to contribute immensely to the smooth running of the family could sometimes lead to domestic issues at home.

1 Like

Re: Rise In Divorce Among Nigerian Couples After Relocating To UK by Creamypie(m): 11:42am On May 15, 2023
Jennyclay:
lies.

1 Like

Re: Rise In Divorce Among Nigerian Couples After Relocating To UK by seeyounow: 11:42am On May 15, 2023
embarassed embarassed embarassed

1 Like

Re: Rise In Divorce Among Nigerian Couples After Relocating To UK by seeker121(m): 11:43am On May 15, 2023
Rest even Pastors and Pope do travel u carry this Jesus matter for head pass the country from which Jesus even originate from.
Re: Rise In Divorce Among Nigerian Couples After Relocating To UK by dfrost: 11:44am On May 15, 2023
Freedom, freedom, freedom... it is the freedom that Eve sought after that brought us into this mess.

There is no absolute freedom. Make una kontinu.
Re: Rise In Divorce Among Nigerian Couples After Relocating To UK by Stylz69(m): 11:44am On May 15, 2023
Scenario 1: Woman Studying, Man Working: she has the students visa and therefore she is sponsor. Man works 40 hours shifts minimum while she studies and probably works 20 hours (if at all). He pays the bills and her fees off, she begins to make friends, maybe some give bad advice. She ditches him after she gets the post study visa and a good job offerโ€ฆ after all he is just a warehouse operative or cleaner

Scenario 2: woman works, man studies- same as above except she wants to keep money for herself than pay the fees. She saves up, decides what is she doing with a struggling student and enters an arranged marriage to get a quicker route to becoming a permanent resident.

Scenario 3: Either of the two above except one partner begins to blame the other for their suffering . Perhaps one was forced into the japa and absolutely hates the life of working to pay the bills and decides they want to return to Nigeria. They separate

Scenario 4: they actually succeed and make a good life but the woman wants it all so she claims the man hit her and he is sent out of the house.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Rise In Divorce Among Nigerian Couples After Relocating To UK by princeabdul(m): 11:45am On May 15, 2023
JovialJune:

Enough with the bs gaslighting and ad hominem

Women didn't abuse the privilege of any system, they left abusive marriages because they can, same way men leave too. Women didn't divorce themselves, their husbands also agreed to end their marriages.
โ€œ their husband also agreed to end the their marriagesโ€ did you heard from these husbands ??

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

What Are The Pros And Cons Of Marrying A Single Lady That Already Has A Baby? / My Husband Threatened To Divorce Me Because Of His Friend. / Stop Having Sex In The Presence Of Your Kids โ€” Lady Advises Nigerian Parents

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.