Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,412 members, 7,808,467 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:25 PM

UPDATE: Snake In My Roof - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / UPDATE: Snake In My Roof (50099 Views)

Tattoo: Not Under My Roof — Ireland-Based Nigerian Mum Scolds Daughter (Video) / A Giant Snake In My Roof. I Need A Snake Charmer To Remove It / Snake In My Roof (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

UPDATE: Snake In My Roof by xavuv: 8:53pm On May 14, 2023
Here is an update about the snake that took abode in my roof. Here is the link to the first thread i created about it in 2019.

https://www.nairaland.com/5186645/snake-roof

UPDATE
•••••••••

I will try to be detailed as much as possible. You might draw one or two lessons from it, or you can simply discard it altogether.

___
After a heavy fumigation in 2019, my family and i left the house for a few days. Upon returning, i thought there is no way in hell that the reptile up there in my roof would survive this fumigation.

Since returning home, we live easy and slept peacefully without any funny sound or movement in the roof, so we thought the snake is probably dead or something.

Even up to 3 months after the fumigation i still throw away dead lizards in my compound, meaning that the fumigation was very strong. And still no sound in my roof, nothing.

A little while later and towards ending of 2019 and through out 2020, lo and behold the snake is still living and thriving up there. Again we began hearing the sound of it's movement, slithering movement/sound. One can tell that it's big snake just hearing how it slithers around with joy.

Snake is Mostly active at night. During daytime it usually stays in a certain location inside roof, and changes location during night time. Just as if it has room and parlour up there.

The reality of the situation became registered in our minds. Real fear began setting in.

I threw powdered garlic, several hard boiled eggs inside the ceiling, and this certain leaf that repels snake (i have forgotten its name), all inside the ceiling but it seems none worked.

Reasons for the fear:

1. Constant nightmares experienced by myself and my wife.

2. Other private things i can't mention here.

Regarding the constant nightmares, i contacted a man here on nairaland, Ebankole, he has his own website now. I told him some of these dreams which he interpreted saying there is a stranger in our home ( didn't even mention about the snake to him), he even told me some other things regarding my family (wife, kids and i) which i never mentioned to him and all he said checked out correct!.

He's true seer.

Note that i have never met him in person, we only communicate on nairaland but mostly through his website.

That was when i started serious praying & fasting as advised by Ebankole. A xtian family here anyway but i l rarely go to church except on Dec 31st, but my wife goes every Sundays and other days.

Talking to fellow landlords.

Towards mid 2021, its beginning to dawn on me that i have a Very serious issue at hand. I approached a fellow landlord just opposite my home. He's a very elderly man. I told him about what i have been grappling with. He queried why i kept quite for long. Well, im a very quite person in our community. I mind my business.

We went to see an Islamic cleric in a nearby town. After briefing and debriefing, this is what the cleric told me verbatim: you have been sleeping and waking up with dark unseen entities/demons.

Eventually he said he and other clerics would have to come to my house to pray and recite Quranic verses and that the snake and other dark entities would leave thereafter.

I didn't go back.

Soon after, I approached my CDA chairman on a Saturday after a landlord's meeting, i told him about the guest in my roof. He was surprised that how could it be.

He came to my home, inspected and saw that truly that snake can't get down into the house because of the POP ceiling everywhere, but what's the snake eating all these while?

He also noted the following:

1. that could the snake be leaving the roof to go hunt for food outside and return inside the roof when ever it so wishes. And that if this so then its not natural.

2. that Is there a way lizards or rats gain entrance into the roof, thereby making themselves easy snacks for the snake? But this is most unlikely because i have since blocked all tiny crevices that tiny lizards can use to gain entrance into the roof, and i showed it to him.

Oh i almost forgot, he advised that i cut a small part of the outside ceilng, that maybe the snake can have a easy way out. I used PVC for outside ceiling, so i removed a small plastic from the PVC ceiling outside.

Eventually, he promised to get intouch with a snake charmer, maybe they can help call the snake out from the roof. I called our chairman again a few times to ask about the Charmer he said he's Gonna bring to my home but he kept posting me.

My journey into the CCC ( Celestial church)

Will continue tomorrow. Feeling sleepy now.

32 Likes 8 Shares

Re: UPDATE: Snake In My Roof by ahnie: 8:59pm On May 14, 2023
Now I m scared

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: UPDATE: Snake In My Roof by Typicool8(m): 9:01pm On May 14, 2023
Lovely but scary
Re: UPDATE: Snake In My Roof by Righteousness2(m): 9:09pm On May 14, 2023
Stop jumping up and down and here and there in the name of fighting a spiritual Force. You stand the risk of adding another force to the one you have already.

Go to THE LORD'S CHOSEN! No matter The Kingdom and force residing ontop your matter, they will by themself give you chance or they kiss the earth good bye.

70 Likes 8 Shares

Re: UPDATE: Snake In My Roof by garriAndsugar: 9:15pm On May 14, 2023
Have you tried removing some zincs?

3 Likes 4 Shares

Re: UPDATE: Snake In My Roof by God1000(m): 9:18pm On May 14, 2023
I hate snakes with passion

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: UPDATE: Snake In My Roof by Foodqueen(f): 9:33pm On May 14, 2023
I hope you didn't dip your hand into many things you aren't proud of during your quest.

Can't wait to read the remaining

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: UPDATE: Snake In My Roof by akinsto4ever(m): 9:50pm On May 14, 2023
I'm really interested in the final outcome of this your story

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: UPDATE: Snake In My Roof by slan87(m): 9:50pm On May 14, 2023
Patiently waiting for the update tomorrow, we learn everyday
Re: UPDATE: Snake In My Roof by fyzaila: 10:11pm On May 14, 2023
Okay come and continue sha

1 Like

Re: UPDATE: Snake In My Roof by sisisioge: 10:22pm On May 14, 2023
Na wa o...this same issue is now becoming spiritual. You didnt say anyone eventually went up onto your ceiling to actually inspect what was going on there.

Better get your family out and get people into your ceiling to see what's going on. Also invest in perimeter cameras to atleast see how it comes and go. It is well with you and yours o.

41 Likes 2 Shares

Re: UPDATE: Snake In My Roof by gaby(m): 10:23pm On May 14, 2023
Better advert for "seer Eba dey build house" " Ebankole.

41 Likes 2 Shares

Re: UPDATE: Snake In My Roof by ahnie: 10:25pm On May 14, 2023
gaby:
Advert...
Me'rigwe sir.
It haff tey o.hows pretty madam sage?

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: UPDATE: Snake In My Roof by gaby(m): 10:29pm On May 14, 2023
ahnie:

Me'rigwe sir.
It haff tey o.hows pretty madam sage?

Mama d mama....

I hail you oh...it haf tey truly.

Sage dey bam...jow my shidrens?

That your "wats" na same? I go buzz you morrow.

1 Like

Re: UPDATE: Snake In My Roof by Houseofglam7(f): 11:20pm On May 14, 2023
Wtf 😳

1 Like

Re: UPDATE: Snake In My Roof by Aurelius1(m): 11:36pm On May 14, 2023
Righteousness2:
Stop jumping up and down and here and there in the name of fighting a spiritual Force.

Go to THE LORD'S CHOSEN! No matter The Kingdom and force residing untop your matter, they will by themself give you chance or they kiss the earth good bye.
I'm beginning to suspect that you're Goddys , the guy who challenged Otem.
Re: UPDATE: Snake In My Roof by MasterJayJay: 11:54pm On May 14, 2023
Chai! To call a carpenter and remove the roof to get the snake killed but you are calling religious teachers

82 Likes 9 Shares

Re: UPDATE: Snake In My Roof by LikeAking: 11:54pm On May 14, 2023
Righteousness2:
Stop jumping up and down and here and there in the name of fighting a spiritual Force.

Go to THE LORD'S CHOSEN! No matter The Kingdom and force residing untop your matter, they will by themself give you chance or they kiss the earth good bye.

Keep quiet!

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: UPDATE: Snake In My Roof by dominique(f): 1:32am On May 15, 2023
You've tried living like this for over 4 years fa! I for don pack comot tey tey. What you should have done since that 2019 is to seek the services of a professional snake catcher. They exist and work in snake farms like the one owned by former COAS Burutai. There should be a manhole in your ceiling where one can open and gain access to the inside the roof to do electrical or carpentry work. The snake catcher will go into the manhole and use his skills and tools to catch the snake or snakes. You've really tried sha

41 Likes 5 Shares

Re: UPDATE: Snake In My Roof by LikeAking: 1:38am On May 15, 2023
xavuv:
Here is an update about the snake that took abode in my roof. Here is the link to the first thread i created about it in 2019.

https://www.nairaland.com/5186645/snake-roof

UPDATE
•••••••••

I will try to be detailed as much as possible. You might draw one or two lessons from it, or you can simply discard it altogether.

___
After a heavy fumigation in 2019, my family and i left the house for a few days. Upon returning, i thought there is no way in hell that the reptile up there in my roof would survive this fumigation.

Since returning home, we live easy and slept peacefully without any funny sound or movement in the roof, so we thought the snake is probably dead or something.

Even up to 3 months after the fumigation i still throw away dead lizards in my compound, meaning that the fumigation was very strong. And still no sound in my roof, nothing.

A little while later and towards ending of 2019 and through out 2020, lo and behold the snake is still living and thriving up there. Again we began hearing the sound of it's movement, slithering movement/sound. One can tell that it's big snake just hearing how it slithers around with joy.

Snake is Mostly active at night. During daytime it usually stays in a certain location inside roof, and changes location during night time. Just as if it has room and parlour up there.

The reality of the situation became registered in our minds. Real fear began setting in.

I threw powdered garlic, several hard boiled eggs inside the ceiling, and this certain leaf that repels snake (i have forgotten its name), all inside the ceiling but it seems none worked.

Reasons for the fear:

1. Constant nightmares experienced by myself and my wife.

2. Other private things i can't mention here.

Regarding the constant nightmares, i contacted a man here on nairaland, Ebankole, he has his own website now. I told him some of these dreams which he interpreted saying there is a stranger in our home ( didn't even mention about the snake to him), he even told me some other things regarding my family (wife, kids and i) which i never mentioned to him and all he said checked out correct!.

He's true seer.

Note that i have never met him in person, we only communicate on nairaland but mostly through his website.

That was when i started serious praying & fasting as advised by Ebankole. A xtian family here anyway but i l rarely go to church except on Dec 31st, but my wife goes every Sundays and other days.

Talking to fellow landlords.

Towards mid 2021, its beginning to dawn on me that i have a Very serious issue at hand. I approached a fellow landlord just opposite my home. He's a very elderly man. I told him about what i have been grappling with. He queried why i kept quite for long. Well, im a very quite person in our community. I mind my business.

We went to see an Islamic cleric in a nearby town. After briefing and debriefing, this is what the cleric told me verbatim: you have been sleeping and waking up with dark unseen entities/demons.

Eventually he said he and other clerics would have to come to my house to pray and recite Quranic verses and that the snake and other dark entities would leave thereafter.

I didn't go back.

Soon after, I approached my CDA chairman on a Saturday after a landlord's meeting, i told him about the guest in my roof. He was surprised that how could it be.

He came to my home, inspected and saw that truly that snake can't get down into the house because of the POP ceiling everywhere, but what's the snake eating all these while?

He also noted the following:

1. that could the snake be leaving the roof to go hunt for food outside and return inside the roof when ever it so wishes. And that if this so then its not natural.

2. that Is there a way lizards or rats gain entrance into the roof, thereby making themselves easy snacks for the snake? But this is most unlikely because i have since blocked all tiny crevices that tiny lizards can use to gain entrance into the roof, and i showed it to him.

Oh i almost forgot, he advised that i cut a small part of the outside ceilng, that maybe the snake can have a easy way out. I used PVC for outside ceiling, so i removed a small plastic from the PVC ceiling outside.

Eventually, he promised to get intouch with a snake charmer, maybe they can help call the snake out from the roof. I called our chairman again a few times to ask about the Charmer he said he's Gonna bring to my home but he kept posting me.

My journey into the CCC ( Celestial church)

Will continue tomorrow. Feeling sleepy now.

Rubbish!

47 Likes 6 Shares

Re: UPDATE: Snake In My Roof by Originalsly: 1:47am On May 15, 2023
It has to be taboo for you to kill a snake. If it is then you shouldn't be fearful of you... your family and snake living under the same roof.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: UPDATE: Snake In My Roof by Nobody: 5:13am On May 15, 2023
Since 2019. Why can't you move your family out of there or na by force to stay there?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: UPDATE: Snake In My Roof by xavuv: 6:05am On May 15, 2023
Exodus15v11:
Since 2019. Why can't you move your family out of there or na by force to stay there?
Its my own house.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: UPDATE: Snake In My Roof by xavuv: 6:06am On May 15, 2023
Exodus15v11:
Where else would i go. Can't be go and start paying rent. I left that life years ago

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: UPDATE: Snake In My Roof by Average9jaman: 6:42am On May 15, 2023
xavuv:

Where else would i go. Can't be go and start paying rent. I left that life years ago

Curious tale 🤔

Pls continue

1 Like

Re: UPDATE: Snake In My Roof by MrAgbako: 6:51am On May 15, 2023
On top this snake matter? Just get a professional to help remove the snake and stop troubling yourself

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: UPDATE: Snake In My Roof by skywalker240(m): 7:05am On May 15, 2023
dominique:
You've tried living like this for over 4 years fa! I for don pack comot tey tey. What you should have done since that 2019 is to seek the services of a professional snake catcher. They exist and work in snake farms like the one owned by former COAS Burutai. There should be a manhole in your ceiling where one can open and gain access to the inside the roof to do electrical or carpentry work. The snake catcher will go into the manhole and use his skills and tools to catch the snake or snakes. You've really tried sha
I been think say na only South Africa that kind stuff de oo

Nat Geo stuff

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: UPDATE: Snake In My Roof by ArchiLimited: 7:07am On May 15, 2023
Nigerians Sha. All these up and down because of 1 snake? It's ok to not like snakes, so if you notice one and are scared of removing it, why not make enquiries around for a snake catcher to simply come and remove the snake? Even all these hausa men around can offer to do it at no cost other than taking the dead snake to eat. But you had to attach all manner of spiritual connotation to a simple snake problem and now are dipping your hands into all sorts. Just smh

58 Likes 4 Shares

Re: UPDATE: Snake In My Roof by Collins4u1(m): 8:10am On May 15, 2023
wahala Wahala
Re: UPDATE: Snake In My Roof by Godwin4444: 8:19am On May 15, 2023
gaby:
Better advert for "seer Eba dey build house" " Ebankole.

God bless u

Na advert, y not fro everything now?
Y break it into segments?

I advice people not to fall for this cheap scam to avoid stories that touch

32 Likes 6 Shares

Re: UPDATE: Snake In My Roof by Godwin4444: 8:20am On May 15, 2023
MasterJayJay:
Chai! To call a carpenter and remoue the roof to get the snake killed but you are calling religious teachers
no mind d mumu

Even area boys go run am with less that 10k

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: UPDATE: Snake In My Roof by ahnie: 8:21am On May 15, 2023
gaby:

Mama d mama....

I hail you oh...it haf tey truly.

Sage dey bam...jow my shidrens?

That your "wats" na same? I go buzz you morrow.
You don throway mi number.... honestly you nor dey try again Sha,m happy say una dey bam,that's all that maras cheesy

2 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

My Aunty Always Comes Into My Room Without Excuse / Whose Name Should Come First On The Wedding Invitations? / Madam & Her Maid: This Happened In The Church Today.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.