Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,892 members, 7,798,982 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 01:22 PM

My Rent Was Increased Because I Bought A Car. - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Rent Was Increased Because I Bought A Car. (30017 Views)

My Wife Sold Her "Eggs " And Bought A Phone With It. / My Husband Nearly Beat Me To Death Because I Denied Him Sex - Happiness Omonogor / Woman Bought A Gate To Shut Her Baby Out Of The Kitchen, The Baby Did This (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Rent Was Increased Because I Bought A Car. by Nobody: 2:06pm On May 16, 2023
Lol... Disadvantages of living with some landlords.

3 Likes

Re: My Rent Was Increased Because I Bought A Car. by donbenz(m): 2:06pm On May 16, 2023
reduce the number of girls you knack in that house. Might even be the reason for the huge increment grin grin

3 Likes

Re: My Rent Was Increased Because I Bought A Car. by morikee: 2:06pm On May 16, 2023
Definition of wickedness by a wicked Landlord
Re: My Rent Was Increased Because I Bought A Car. by Jones4190(m): 2:07pm On May 16, 2023
CarNaWife:

My rent was increased 60% I think because i recently bought a car.

What I noticed about some landlord are 3 behaviours.

The first one is they will increase your rent if you achieve Anything or seems to be progressing. This one is common among the Igbos.

The second one is they will give you quit notice to pack out. This could be out of jealousy. They want to be apha and omega and don't want tenants to raise shoulder with them.

The third one is they will be happy that you are achieving things in their house and want people to see that their house had no problem. They can even reduce your rent or not bothered to ask you to pay urgently so you can pay at your convenient time.

maybe you brought a land cruiser, how can you part another on somebody's land?
Re: My Rent Was Increased Because I Bought A Car. by blueAgent(m): 2:07pm On May 16, 2023
ibechris:

I bought a car for my wife last year and the land lady called me that my next rent has increased from 650k to 1million. She is Yoruba woman here in Abuja.

Just to let u know that u are a pure tribalist.

And the so called woman lives above my flat.

You dey mind the clown grin

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Rent Was Increased Because I Bought A Car. by Ijaya123: 2:07pm On May 16, 2023
CarNaWife:

The first one is they will increase your rent if you achieve Anything or seems to be progressing. This one is common among the Igbos.

The second one is they will give you quit notice to pack out. This could be out of jealousy. They want to be apha and omega and don't want tenants to raise shoulder with them.

The third one is they will be happy that you are achieving things in their house and want people to see that their house had no problem. They can even reduce your rent or not bothered to ask you to pay urgently so you can pay at your convenient time.

Only 1% belong to the 3rd category

1 Like

Re: My Rent Was Increased Because I Bought A Car. by ahnie: 2:09pm On May 16, 2023
What exactly do you have against my in-laws?

1 Like

Re: My Rent Was Increased Because I Bought A Car. by izubext007: 2:10pm On May 16, 2023
bro hardly u see an igbo land lord stay with his rent

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Rent Was Increased Because I Bought A Car. by 4ormidable(m): 2:10pm On May 16, 2023
Your landlord fit be civil servant cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: My Rent Was Increased Because I Bought A Car. by sgtponzihater1(m): 2:12pm On May 16, 2023
CarNaWife:

It's better to find an apartment where you don't have direct access with the landlord. Your best option will be to start looking for another accommodation.

2 Likes

Re: My Rent Was Increased Because I Bought A Car. by Vatod(m): 2:14pm On May 16, 2023
CarNaWife:
yes I don't think others were increased. The landlord said my rent. He didn't say the whole house.

Except I will use style to ask others.
I’m in the shoe with you Bro, my landlord increased my rent too, and won’t even allow me to pack my truck inside the compound

3 Likes

Re: My Rent Was Increased Because I Bought A Car. by Shimran(m): 2:15pm On May 16, 2023
BigYash:
As you buy new ride,you suppose relocate to a new house make eyes no dey on you.. Even your co tenants go dey jealous you now,without you knowing. If you move into a new apartment with d new car,nobody go know if you just bought it,except na u go put Read letter L for front and back.. Tell d mumu landlord say,u wan park . Tell am say na Bigyash for nairaland talk am.. He no get level.. Go knock him door now.. Tell am wetin I talk.. If he talk anyhow ,let me know..

I admire your courage grin

1 Like

Re: My Rent Was Increased Because I Bought A Car. by chaiks: 2:16pm On May 16, 2023
BigYash:
As you buy new ride,you suppose relocate to a new house make eyes no dey on you.. Even your co tenants go dey jealous you now,without you knowing. If you move into a new apartment with d new car,nobody go know if you just bought it,except na u go put Read letter L for front and back.. Tell d mumu landlord say,u wan park . Tell am say na Bigyash for nairaland talk am.. He no get level.. Go knock him door now.. Tell am wetin I talk.. If he talk anyhow ,let me know..
big yaash! I like your ginger. Anyway, it's common among the igbo people mostly.

3 Likes

Re: My Rent Was Increased Because I Bought A Car. by Menclothing: 2:17pm On May 16, 2023
This is Nigeria
Re: My Rent Was Increased Because I Bought A Car. by DonClericuzo: 2:17pm On May 16, 2023
CarNaWife:

Your write up was good but you ruined it with your tribal sentiment, I am Urhobo ,I live in Lagos, my past 2 Yoruba landlords gave me hell, my current landlady is a Calabar woman, she has been an angel sent by God to me. We still have Yoruba landlords that are good, infact, the next compound to my house has a Yoruba landlords both are twins, they the most wonderful landlords I have seen,they are even Moslem,let us always be objective when presenting issues in public space.

24 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Rent Was Increased Because I Bought A Car. by easiest(m): 2:17pm On May 16, 2023
Hmm what do you expect na, since you have open your yash to your landlord then you have to live by his decision else ......
Re: My Rent Was Increased Because I Bought A Car. by vivalavida(m): 2:19pm On May 16, 2023
When they bash seun on twitter that his site is full of tribal innuendos, you can see why. A thread where someone is attacking a tribe was pushed to the front page. Just for traffic purposes. I spit on nairaland.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Rent Was Increased Because I Bought A Car. by DonClericuzo: 2:19pm On May 16, 2023
CarNaWife:

Your write up was good but you ruined it with your tribal sentiment, I am Urhobo ,I live in Lagos, my past 2 Yoruba landlords gave me hell, my current landlady is a Calabar woman, she has been an angel sent by God to me. We still have Yoruba landlords that are good, infact, the next compound to my house has a Yoruba landlords both are twins, they are the most wonderful landlords I have ever seen,they are even Moslem,let us always be objective when presenting issues in public space.

8 Likes

Re: My Rent Was Increased Because I Bought A Car. by SavageResponse(m): 2:19pm On May 16, 2023
How long have you been living in that apartment and when was the last time your rent was increased?

1 Like

Re: My Rent Was Increased Because I Bought A Car. by KwuoteYourFada: 2:20pm On May 16, 2023
CarNaWife:

Wetin concern Igbos here? Must you generalize? I have lived in Lagos also with other tribesmen as landlords and experienced worse but I wouldn't generalize it to a set of people

Grow up

18 Likes

Re: My Rent Was Increased Because I Bought A Car. by easiest(m): 2:21pm On May 16, 2023
Hmm what do you expect na, since you have open your yash to your landlord then you have to live by his decision else ......

but seriously you landlord is teaching you sense so you can think and buy piece of land and start working on your site, he is trying to push to you to greater hight.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Rent Was Increased Because I Bought A Car. by lucky4west: 2:21pm On May 16, 2023
you no lie, the moment i got a new car, rent was increased but na every body collect am...i also realized i cant be having two cars in a compound and still be tenant so i need to start working on owing a house but to buy car na him easy pass to build house...but we have to try

1 Like

Re: My Rent Was Increased Because I Bought A Car. by SLOVFO(m): 2:21pm On May 16, 2023
CarNaWife:

Clout chasing to say the least.

3 Likes

Re: My Rent Was Increased Because I Bought A Car. by Xggav8b: 2:22pm On May 16, 2023
Earn $30-$100 daily bombing Instagram using your phone
Proofs attached!!

Re: My Rent Was Increased Because I Bought A Car. by juman(m): 2:22pm On May 16, 2023
Even if the tenant buy expensive phone or television, it is enough for the landlord to increase rent.
Re: My Rent Was Increased Because I Bought A Car. by adverttrading: 2:23pm On May 16, 2023
There is inflation everywhere. If the cost of transport or even food in the market has increased, you should expect your landlord to increase rent over time.

Stop blaming your landlord, this thing is affecting everybody. Just wait till the next government remove fuel subsidy. That is when you will realize you should have bought land in Ogun state instead of buying car.

8 Likes

Re: My Rent Was Increased Because I Bought A Car. by clockwisereport: 2:24pm On May 16, 2023
CarNaWife:

You are an idiot

7 Likes

Re: My Rent Was Increased Because I Bought A Car. by Father4all: 2:25pm On May 16, 2023
Why must you buy car sef? Buhari no Affect you?
Re: My Rent Was Increased Because I Bought A Car. by ppogba: 2:26pm On May 16, 2023
[quote author=RecentHistory post=123140334]

Na tenants like you I dey like. Use you as a scapegoat for others to learn from. [/quotpe]

By their comments you shall know them.
When you read a comment saying sue, I will sue, I shall sue, you do not need an oracle to know the fellow is living rent free somewhere and has probably never had a landlord- tenant relationship before.

People have a way of shouting go to court, go to court as if the court na viewing center.

2 Likes

Re: My Rent Was Increased Because I Bought A Car. by Sensiblerealist: 2:28pm On May 16, 2023
Yes, I know that.
My dad used to giv quit notice. You are not progressing, especially if you are the type that spends on frivolous stuff instead of capital stuff like new land, new businesses, etc.
I once had an issue with that, anybody can decide what he wants to do with his money. Even a tenant who became my friend had to leave with almost 5 years unpaid rent cuz of that

fyzaila:

Are you sure this your last paragraph exists in this country?
Re: My Rent Was Increased Because I Bought A Car. by cheallo56: 2:29pm On May 16, 2023
see below

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Women With Rich Husbands Have Stronger Orgasm –study / Couple Who Welcomed 1ST Quintuplets In Cross River Celebrate Their Birthday.PICS / Mum Falls Pregnant Via IVF Then Discovers She Was Already Pregnant With Twins

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.