Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,493 members, 7,808,825 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:32 PM

London Court Jails Nigerian Three Years For Flogging Son - Family (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / London Court Jails Nigerian Three Years For Flogging Son (61223 Views)

Is Flogging A Part Of Good Parenting ? / Ogidi Youths Flog Man After He Was Filmed Flogging, Boxing, And Kicking His Mom / Adekunle Okunuga Suspended As A Doctor In 2015 For Flogging Son In UK Reinstated (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: London Court Jails Nigerian Three Years For Flogging Son by 1Sharon(f): 7:44pm On May 16, 2023
cococandy:

I thought your parents raised you so well you don’t cuss people you only bless those who curse you?

And just like that, the stinking hypocrite that you are is laid bare to the whole world.

Of course your parents can only raised a hypocrite who thinks he’s a better person because he was beaten as child not knowing how damaged he is. Gutter mouth himself with absolutely zero sense of self awareness. You should be ashamed of yourself. And this only the first page of your disgusting vile posts

Lmaoo..these people are all hypocrites

2 Likes

Re: London Court Jails Nigerian Three Years For Flogging Son by IamMobisola(f): 8:10pm On May 16, 2023
Kobojunkie:
I think it is more like these entities would have preferred that the woman take the blame for the abuse. undecided
Exactly.
Re: London Court Jails Nigerian Three Years For Flogging Son by being(m): 8:31pm On May 16, 2023
Proof is compare rate of juvenile delinquencies in d West versus Africa/Nigeria.

Kobojunkie:
1. My caning ended at age 14, and I turned out much more sane that a good number of those whose torture continued until even their twenties, and you are wanting me to believe that despite the fact that a handful of them still ended up on the wrong side of the law and life anyway, the caning is to praise for all of them not ending up there? undecided

2. What proof do you have for this by the way? undecided
Re: London Court Jails Nigerian Three Years For Flogging Son by donb06: 9:24pm On May 16, 2023
Kobojunkie:
God uses a literal cane to punish His people?, undecided
Which cane big pass loosing over 7,000 of your subjects in your kingdom in just one day because of what you did. Which cane big pass your son sleeping with ur babe in the public. Which cane big pass your son raping your daughter. See fear God cane ooo.

Secondly, Jesus use can flog madness from people selling in the temple. And for the Gospel Jesus is God, so God can use cane. GRACIAS.
Re: London Court Jails Nigerian Three Years For Flogging Son by Kobojunkie: 9:39pm On May 16, 2023
donb06:
■Which cane big pass loosing over 7,000 of your subjects in your kingdom in just one day because of what you did. Which cane big pass your son sleeping with ur babe in the public. Which cane big pass your son raping your daughter. See fear God cane ooo. Secondly, Jesus use can flog madness from people selling in the temple. And for the Gospel Jesus is God, so God can use cane. GRACIAS.
You do realize that none of what you typed up makes a lick of sense! undecided

1 Like

Re: London Court Jails Nigerian Three Years For Flogging Son by anthonyuncle(m): 9:51pm On May 16, 2023
Kobojunkie:
You are not making any sense. The man's stance is flogging. That much we know, and it is his flogging that led to the child being taken to the hospital two days after to be cared for. His wife na hospital abi police? Go read what the OP posed abeg! undecided

I pray you learn how to use your brain.
Re: London Court Jails Nigerian Three Years For Flogging Son by Kobojunkie: 10:08pm On May 16, 2023
anthonyuncle:
I pray you learn how to use your brain.
Pray for yourself instead! undecided
Re: London Court Jails Nigerian Three Years For Flogging Son by spiceadole: 4:25am On May 17, 2023
Keep2gether:
London court should be brought to Nigeria
99% of parents, especially father's would be jailed...Staring from my father who used to stone me as a form of discipline
Re: London Court Jails Nigerian Three Years For Flogging Son by Kobojunkie: 4:38am On May 17, 2023
spiceadole:

99% of parents, especially father's would be jailed...Staring from my father who used to stone me as a form of discipline
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

I can almost guess that your particular trauma up until now is someone trying to throw something at you even if for jokes. grin

1 Like

Re: London Court Jails Nigerian Three Years For Flogging Son by Fuckyoumod: 6:17am On May 17, 2023
cococandy:

I thought your parents raised you so well you don’t cuss people you only bless those who curse you?

And just like that, the stinking hypocrite that you are is laid bare to the whole world.

Of course your parents can only raised a hypocrite who thinks he’s a better person because he was beaten as child not knowing how damaged he is. Gutter mouth himself with absolutely zero sense of self awareness. You should be ashamed of yourself. And this only the first page of your disgusting vile posts

Just imagine this brat, so you think you have the right to come here and be insulting men and expect them to bless you? Thunder fire you and your wayward mentality.

Let Satan bless you.... No man can bless you.

That's the failed training I'm talking about. You treat people with total disrespect and expect them to bless you.
Re: London Court Jails Nigerian Three Years For Flogging Son by obama99: 6:32am On May 17, 2023
IamMobisola:

You are making it sound like the woman is trying to set up the husband when the husband was the one who committed the crime here. Her crime was taking her child to the hospital after seeing the bruises and marks the husband inflicted on the kid. These things are frowned upon in developed countries. The other child already confirmed it to the authorities so there’s nothing the woman can do in this case unless she wants to loose custody of the children

You still haven't answered my question. Why did she have to search through her phone and look for another way to embarrass the man. The man only did what he felt was right and afterall it was the woman that reported the boy to his father. Well it's a lesson for all men . We all need to learn from this. The boy man will be in the prison custody now just because he is trying to correct his son who has shown no sign of discipline at all
Re: London Court Jails Nigerian Three Years For Flogging Son by takimsipho(m): 7:52am On May 17, 2023
All this woke Nigerians living in the UK, insulting the same system that aided them to move abroad. You think cos you speak English and live in the UK all of a sudden you guys are the most intelligent beings in earth? Anything done in excess is bad, flogging in moderation to instill discipline is OK. If that boy refuses to learn and tomorrow becomes a vagabond and criminal, the same UK government will jail him. The same Europeans we adore, less than 300 years ago were exactly like us. They did the same thing that we are doing. Family laws changed in the West in the 19th century, it's not as if that's how they have been since time immemorial. And a lot if Africans still suffer from post-colonial inferiority complex, where everything European is perfect and everything African is evil.
Re: London Court Jails Nigerian Three Years For Flogging Son by donb06: 9:23am On May 17, 2023
Kobojunkie:
You do realize that none of what you typed up makes a lick of sense! undecided
Same things were said to the wisests of men by mental peasants. I'm not surprised
Re: London Court Jails Nigerian Three Years For Flogging Son by IamMobisola(f): 9:24am On May 18, 2023
obama99:

You still haven't answered my question. Why did she have to search through her phone and look for another way to embarrass the man. The man only did what he felt was right and afterall it was the woman that reported the boy to his father. Well it's a lesson for all men . We all need to learn from this. The boy man will be in the prison custody now just because he is trying to correct his son who has shown no sign of discipline at all

Where did you read that she searched through her phone? She got a text from the husband during the investigation period.
“After all, it was the woman who reported the boy to his father”, this right here is not new in Nigeria as that has always been how mothers report their kids to their fathers when they do something bad. Don’t tell me your mom has never reported you to your dad whenever you erred?
Re: London Court Jails Nigerian Three Years For Flogging Son by obama99: 8:41pm On May 18, 2023
IamMobisola:

Where did you read that she searched through her phone? She got a text from the husband during the investigation period.
“After all, it was the woman who reported the boy to his father”, this right here is not new in Nigeria as that has always been how mothers report their kids to their fathers when they do something bad. Don’t tell me your mom has never reported you to your dad whenever you erred?

Go and read the piece again oga and stop messing the platform up with your aifarabale
Re: London Court Jails Nigerian Three Years For Flogging Son by bukatyne(f): 12:34pm On Jun 23, 2023
Shokoloko:

Why will she treat bruises at home? Why didnt the man treat the bruises at home?
You are taxed heavily for healthcare. So why will you pay taxes for healthcare and still pay privately for healthcare?
Isn't it dumb to pay for one product twice? By the way, the woman did not report that man. The hospital did

She added fuel to the fire by showing the authorities the text messages he sent to her to 'cover the case/cause of injury'.
Re: London Court Jails Nigerian Three Years For Flogging Son by bukatyne(f): 1:27pm On Jun 23, 2023
I am wondering if the court is really punishing the father for excessively beating his son or they want to meet their quota of one less family together grin

If their issue was really the excessive beating and their findings showed the kids were properly cared for and the father was not in the habit of beating them excessively, then they would have explored other means of resolving the issue.

They could have used a two pronged approach: punitive and corrective:

1. Punitive: mandatory anger management classes (paid by him) and community service. Also put the family through therapy (if required and funded by the husband). Could also report him to his employer so they are also on the watch during a stipulated period.

2. Corrective: teach him how to handle the issue of his son not doing his homework/ joining online classes and general child upbringing. Report the son to his school, tell him the corresponding punishment for missing classes/not doing his assignments and waiving it because of the beating he has received.
Re: London Court Jails Nigerian Three Years For Flogging Son by Shokoloko(f): 2:36pm On Jun 23, 2023
bukatyne:

She added fuel to the fire by showing the authorities the text messages he sent to her to 'cover the case/cause of injury'.
I assume you live in the diaspora, have you ever been visited by the police.
Before you know it you will start to sweat and you will tell them everything the history of your family beginning from your ancestry.
I have been wrongly held up at the US Canadian border. Even though I knew I had done no wrong, I was scared and did not even remember that I had my driver's license with me when I was asked for it. And over here you cannot drive without your drivers license. My sister searched my bag and pulled out my license.
Not everyone has the ability to be calm and think strategically when the police is all over you
Re: London Court Jails Nigerian Three Years For Flogging Son by Kobojunkie: 3:46pm On Jun 23, 2023
bukatyne:
■ She added fuel to the fire by showing the authorities the text messages he sent to her to 'cover the case/cause of injury'.
Over here, checking your text history with those related to the case is done as part of the investigation. They contact the Phone company for such things if you delete it from your phone. Abroad police no be Nigeria police at all. undecided
Re: London Court Jails Nigerian Three Years For Flogging Son by bukatyne(f): 7:07pm On Jun 23, 2023
Shokoloko:

I assume you live in the diaspora, have you ever been visited by the police.
Before you know it you will start to sweat and you will tell them everything the history of your family beginning from your ancestry.
I have been wrongly held up at the US Canadian border. Even though I knew I had done no wrong, I was scared and did not even remember that I had my driver's license with me when I was asked for it. And over here you cannot drive without your drivers license. My sister searched my bag and pulled out my license.
Not everyone has the ability to be calm and think strategically when the police is all over you

Kobojunkie:
Over here, checking your text history with those related to the case is done as part of the investigation. They contact the Phone company for such things if you delete it from your phone. Abroad police no be Nigeria police at all. undecided

Thanks for the clarifications, the man was doomed anyways.

I have

1 Like

Re: London Court Jails Nigerian Three Years For Flogging Son by efficiencie(m): 4:42am On Jun 24, 2023
Ulunne777:
I used to do the disciplining before but when I noticed my kids tilting towards my husband and him even reporting them to me or asking them if I have seen what they did wrong,I stopped.

We must agree together on the punishment or watch them spoil together. cheesy grin shocked

Stop reporting your kids misdemeanor to the other spouse.The parent present should trash it out or wait for joint punishment.
It potrays the discipliner wicked before the kids

Watching them spoil together is a horrendous strategy. It is better for you to keep disciplining them than to do nothing because those kids will forget the pain but remember the lessons learned.
Re: London Court Jails Nigerian Three Years For Flogging Son by emmanuelewumi(m): 3:00pm On Jun 25, 2023
[quote author=machine606 post=123157399][/quote]

How may I help you
Re: London Court Jails Nigerian Three Years For Flogging Son by machine606: 11:29pm On Jul 22, 2023
emmanuelewumi:

How may I help you

Sorry to reply so late, Despite been one that quoted you first. am kind of "new" to Naira Land communication modes. Lol. I intend to inquire more about the asset backed lines of some financial houses. It would be nice if I may have e-mail contacts of the persons in charge of such matters. Would love to know my eligibility for such services as I intend to build my credit ratings. Note, I haven't taken any kind of loans before and thus new to it. Thanks.

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Missing 20-Year-Old Precious Leonard Found In Lagos. Do You Know Her? (Pictures) / Father Asked His Son To Have A Haircut. Then The Son Did This (Photos) / See What I Killed In My Room(pictured)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.