Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,864 members, 7,802,773 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:17 PM

London Court Jails Nigerian Three Years For Flogging Son - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / London Court Jails Nigerian Three Years For Flogging Son (61178 Views)

Is Flogging A Part Of Good Parenting ? / Ogidi Youths Flog Man After He Was Filmed Flogging, Boxing, And Kicking His Mom / Adekunle Okunuga Suspended As A Doctor In 2015 For Flogging Son In UK Reinstated (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: London Court Jails Nigerian Three Years For Flogging Son by Blitzking: 9:10pm On May 15, 2023
dre11:

The Nigerian man, before he was jailed for three years, had told the London court that his action was a move to instil standards in his son.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/598578-exclusive-london-court-jails-nigerian-three-years-for-flogging-son.html

Nlfpmod

2 Likes

Re: London Court Jails Nigerian Three Years For Flogging Son by Nobody: 9:10pm On May 15, 2023
Ireportlive:
Na why their kids are wayward
If Nigerian kids are so great, why is the UK better than Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: London Court Jails Nigerian Three Years For Flogging Son by mabea: 9:10pm On May 15, 2023
ZIMDRILL:

it doesnt work like that hear

what i mean is this, if the child reports thats it, who ever did the act is in trouble with authority

In this case the mum had to explain the bruises at the hospital, most likely she failed to explain the bruise at the hospital

here kids are protected any bruise that takes a child to hospital u are i trouble

I would have agreed completely with you but then part of the judgement cited a text message sent to the wife and the child. Who could have revealed it if not the wife.

3 Likes

Re: London Court Jails Nigerian Three Years For Flogging Son by Shokoloko(f): 9:10pm On May 15, 2023
abbey621:
This is a case of marrying a bad wife and having bad kids! Clearly the issue wouldn't have escalated if those bruises were treated at home, ordinary bruise, mama don reach hospital, she even provided the incriminating weapon.....Ki la gbe ki le ju shocked

Abroad no be beans, your spouse, your kids, neighbors, government, everything will frustrate you as a man, be careful the type of woman you chose to marry, she could be the difference between jail or thanksgiving!
Why will she treat bruises at home? Why didnt the man treat the bruises at home?
You are taxed heavily for healthcare. So why will you pay taxes for healthcare and still pay privately for healthcare?
Isn't it dumb to pay for one product twice? By the way, the woman did not report that man. The hospital did
Re: London Court Jails Nigerian Three Years For Flogging Son by SavageResponse(m): 9:11pm On May 15, 2023
techbroX:
Well, it seems more like abuse than beating cos he was reported to have beaten his kid with a "metal stick."

At the same time, the mother and the child should be ready to take care of themselves without the husband because that man may not forget that incarceration... It's not gonna be easy to reconcile after 3 years in prison. embarassed

I'm sure they exaggerated the intensity of the beating the boy got
Re: London Court Jails Nigerian Three Years For Flogging Son by WannaHowzit(m): 9:11pm On May 15, 2023
I should know - Nigerians have 1970s mindset.

Sentence should be extended to 10 years in a Nigerian prison - not comfy London.
Re: London Court Jails Nigerian Three Years For Flogging Son by Shokoloko(f): 9:11pm On May 15, 2023
blaquemyc:
The bible they brought to us said "spare the rod and spoil the child".
The rod and the staff, they COMFORT me.
Comfort not hurt

1 Like

Re: London Court Jails Nigerian Three Years For Flogging Son by Nobody: 9:12pm On May 15, 2023
webcrafty:
Well, that explains why kids in the UK are so rotten and busy stabbing each other about.
Re: London Court Jails Nigerian Three Years For Flogging Son by Kobojunkie: 9:12pm On May 15, 2023
Blitzking:
■ Omoh na to dey save beating come naija oo..just buy diary dey record am...when offence don plenty say junior we are going to Nigeria for you to "collect" once junior collect finish fly am back go youkay
And when you come back with the child and he goes swimming with others kids and people, his mates, or teachers, and they now see the marks wey you leave for him body, na then you go tell your own story. grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: London Court Jails Nigerian Three Years For Flogging Son by Kobojunkie: 9:13pm On May 15, 2023
mabea:
I would have agreed completely with you but then part of the judgement cited a text message sent to the wife and the child. Who could have revealed it if not the wife.
The hospital! They are obligated to report any suspicious bruises irrespective of the explanations given to them by the suspect. undecided

1 Like

Re: London Court Jails Nigerian Three Years For Flogging Son by Shokoloko(f): 9:13pm On May 15, 2023
SavageResponse:

I'm sure they exaggerated the intensity of the beating the boy got
Hospitals abroad are not like Nigerian hospitals. Hospitals abroad do not exaggerate facts. Sometimes they downplay the actual extent of injury
Re: London Court Jails Nigerian Three Years For Flogging Son by kcbaba007: 9:14pm On May 15, 2023
That man's predicament was fully orchestrated by his wife..... Fear that gender

Ilspare the rod and spoil the child.....

If I have kids abroad, I will bring them back to naija to train them.....

My papa beat shege comot for my body, that's why I am who I am today, and my life is secured, with fear of God and great respect for my Dad deeply imbibed in me

I will beat shege out of any of my child that misbehaves..... That wan na sure banker, that pikin brain go dey always reset every five minutes

1 Like 1 Share

Re: London Court Jails Nigerian Three Years For Flogging Son by Reference(m): 9:16pm On May 15, 2023
abbey621:

Funny..... Upon all the talking and loving, being their friend and having an open mind, guess what? Kids living in the USA and the UK are 50 times more disobedient and wayward than Nigerian kids, this is pure undiluted fact! When all things are equal in terms of shelter, food and attention, Nigerian kids are angelic compared to those American kids calling their mom and dad, Joe & Betty!

Let's forget 9ja and focus on black Americans, households where at least one parent is a disciplinarian are often better off than one without a disciplined parent. You'll hear a black kid tell his friends, "my mama don't play that, big mama will slap you upside your head if you misbehave!"

If you do all these and cannot teach, instruct, guide and then task, assess, wash and wear again you still have not achieved anything. You don't graduate from school by your teachers just talking to you everyday in a lovable manner. There has to be a plan, there has to be a syllabus, there has to be instructions and there has to be a test. The quality of this determines how your kids will turn out.

I have always considered violence as the preserve of the ignorant.
When you have to use violence it means you are either not communicating well or communicating wrong.
The child is not receiving or understanding what you want or how you want it.
I cannot see what violence does to enhance this process.

When a parent is enraged at his child it simply says I am angry with myself for not being able to do it.

1 Like

Re: London Court Jails Nigerian Three Years For Flogging Son by machine606: 9:16pm On May 15, 2023
Ulunne777:
I used to do the disciplining before but when I noticed my kids tilting towards my husband and him even reporting them to me or asking them if I have seen what they did wrong,I stopped.

We must agree together on the punishment or watch them spoil together. cheesy grin shocked

Stop reporting your kids misdemeanor to the other spouse.The parent present should trash it out or wait for joint punishment.
It potrays the discipliner wicked before the kids

I just pray I marry someone with this thought. This is the main reason children see the father as wicked. Atimes I weigh this law and compare with the "divorce laws" for a young man intending to live in Europe and I just wonder what steps to take early.

If I were the man, once I leave that cell, the child must return to Nigeria and a "crude" village at that. He needs to experience Nigeria.

Re: London Court Jails Nigerian Three Years For Flogging Son by Shokoloko(f): 9:16pm On May 15, 2023
kcbaba007:
That man's predicament was fully orchestrated by his wife..... Fear that gender

Ilspare the rod and spoil the child.....

If I have kids abroad, I will bring them back to naija to train them.....

My papa beat shege comot for my body, that's why I am who I am today, and my life is secured, with fear of God and great respect for my Dad deeply imbibed in me

I will beat shege out of any of my child that misbehaves..... That wan na sure banker, that pikin brain go dey always reset every five minutes
Its not the beating that your dad gave you that made your life secure.
Some people in the prison were beaten till they almost as died as young kids.
Assaulting a child has nothing to do with building character.

4 Likes

Re: London Court Jails Nigerian Three Years For Flogging Son by mmsen: 9:16pm On May 15, 2023
Ireportlive:
Na why their kids are wayward

Are they any worse than the cultists and ashawo that you people raise?

1 Like

Re: London Court Jails Nigerian Three Years For Flogging Son by BobbieZion(m): 9:18pm On May 15, 2023
Pikin wey go spoil go spoil
If na by flogging, Nigeria and Nigerians would have been the most disciplined people and place.
But reverse is the case.
I remember when Miss Funmi asked us in class "Who do you think are more well behaved, the African children or the ones in the west"? we where all saying African, when Miss Funmi shocked us and said the European kids are more well behaved.
We think say na kneeling down and greeting your parents na him be respect.

FYI... Nigerians are some of the most ill-mannered people you will meet on the surface of the earth.
Sorry for you if you have an encounter with the Gen-z, those ones behave like donkies.
Re: London Court Jails Nigerian Three Years For Flogging Son by Kobojunkie: 9:19pm On May 15, 2023
mmsen:
Are they any worse than the cultists and ashawo that you people raise?
WOW shocked
Re: London Court Jails Nigerian Three Years For Flogging Son by Reference(m): 9:20pm On May 15, 2023
Shokoloko:

The rod and the staff, they COMFORT me.
Comfort not hurt

That is because 'the rod' in scriptures refers to the Word or the personality of Christ.
Not the dogonyaro tree my mum used to love to harvest for 'debugging' in those days..... grin

1 Like

Re: London Court Jails Nigerian Three Years For Flogging Son by SavageResponse(m): 9:21pm On May 15, 2023
ednut1:
Beating grown up kids

Since when did a 9 year old become a grown up?

If he's so grown up then he should go and rent his own apartment and start paying his bills
Re: London Court Jails Nigerian Three Years For Flogging Son by blunt1990: 9:21pm On May 15, 2023
It's funny how Nigerians claim they turned out well, despite the beating they received when they were young and yet the society/polity has continually failed to reflect it. The Nigerian system today is a mirror image of the beatings people received when they were young. If Nigerians turned out well as we claim, there won't be rampant yahoo-yahoo, prostitution, cheating, killing-cultism, unfazed lies in the country.

You can't turn out well and be a congenital liar. Lying is a sociopathic behaviour. Nigerians are just pretentious, pretend to be good around the parents, and monsters outside.

You know why western countries are progressing? People are thought to speak out at young age, hence the their stern challenge/stand-up to their politicians with bold faces. Nigerians have been beaten to submission/slave by their parents, the reason why we're dead scared of older ones (elders), even when they are evil. We need to wake up!

My stand on beating kids; there are a thousand ways to speak to your child without flogging him/her. Children are scared of lengthy conversational corrections, it makes them tear up and regret their actions. It's far more effective than beating. I've noticed that most Africans transfer their life frustrations/depressions to their poor kids.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: London Court Jails Nigerian Three Years For Flogging Son by richmond500: 9:22pm On May 15, 2023
MrBrownJay1:

the INFRASTRUCTURES in the UK are better, the yeye mentality of UK kids isnt.

there is a huge different between corporal punishment and abuse... sadly in the UK, screaming at your child can be considered abuse. children these days know that and will even have the audacity to now talk back and/or even insult their parents (because they know the law will protect them) ***over my dead body***
I have a video of a woman beating her 3year old child.
As in ehn, the video was gory as she just deh use the pikin head deh nak for wall.

You see ehn, when you give people a chance to discipline the child, they can go extra miles by abusing the child, so it's better to completely make beating illegal.

If you can't use words to train a child, then you are a failure as a parent.
If this generation of Nigerians that insults their patents were really flogged, then the flogging didn't do anything

2 Likes

Re: London Court Jails Nigerian Three Years For Flogging Son by Mindlog: 9:22pm On May 15, 2023
Blitzking:

Omoh na to dey save beating come naija oo..just buy diary dey record am...when offence don plenty say junior we are going to Nigeria for you to "collect" once junior collect finish fly am back go youkay

Just make sure you remain back in Nigeria.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: London Court Jails Nigerian Three Years For Flogging Son by correctguy101(m): 9:23pm On May 15, 2023
MrBrownJay1:
today flogging a child is considered abuse, even though majority of us are great human beings today because of these same "abuse"... so make sure that you A) have kids with a woman who follow your school of thought and B) live in a country where flogging is allowed-

no wonder kids in the UK (and all over the world) are now out of control!

No mind them. Later one of these dolts will kih himself trying to do TikTok challenge.

Their leaders know most of their population are total eediots.

But the boy never offend reach na. The man blood too hot, he's a typical African man...

We wey dey play our parents street back then. .. the beating when we were caught no be here.. shocked How about when I was caught learning to smoke [ tasted almost all the brands then] ...
Re: London Court Jails Nigerian Three Years For Flogging Son by RaptorX: 9:24pm On May 15, 2023
Lewisjohnson:

The UK being better than Nigeria is subjective.

1 Like

Re: London Court Jails Nigerian Three Years For Flogging Son by NinjaMetahuman: 9:25pm On May 15, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Both of them are fking inhumane! shocked

You can tell I am still traumatized from having seen the effects of wire-caning from my childhood... lipsrsealed
so which flogging is humane?
Re: London Court Jails Nigerian Three Years For Flogging Son by Kobojunkie: 9:27pm On May 15, 2023
NinjaMetahuman:
so which flogging is humane?
Must you flog at all? If a child says NO to you, then simply reduce access to your love or something instead, not descend on him as though you must rule at all cost. undecided
Re: London Court Jails Nigerian Three Years For Flogging Son by SavageResponse(m): 9:27pm On May 15, 2023
richmond500:
while flogging is legal, it makes most children dumb.
Some parents will physically abuse the child until the child breaks down.
So it's normal to criminalize flogging as a whole

Pikin wey no dey hear word dem suppose flog sense enter him brain!

1 Like

Re: London Court Jails Nigerian Three Years For Flogging Son by Kobojunkie: 9:28pm On May 15, 2023
SavageResponse:
■ Pikin wey no dey hear word dem suppose flog sense enter him brain!
Says who? undecided
Re: London Court Jails Nigerian Three Years For Flogging Son by Reference(m): 9:30pm On May 15, 2023
richmond500:
I have a video of a woman beating her 3year old child.
As in ehn, the video was gory as she just deh use the pikin head deh nak for wall.

You see ehn, when you give people a chance to discipline the child, they can go extra miles by abusing the child, so it's better to completely make beating illegal.

If you can't use words to train a child, then you are a failure as a parent.
If this generation of Nigerians that insults their patents were really flogged, then the flogging didn't do anything

And why this is so important is that it then moderates ones life in all other relationships as you grow up and advance in life.
You will learn to use words and not your fists when relating to your future spouse as is common in this part of the world.
You will learn to use words and not AR-15's or shotguns when relating to your boss or co-workers as is becoming common in that great nation we admire across the ocean.
Even leaders will be more comfortable communicating with citizens instead of what we see today. A little inquest and they take offence with law breaking retribution.
Re: London Court Jails Nigerian Three Years For Flogging Son by richmond500: 9:31pm On May 15, 2023
SavageResponse:

Pikin wey no dey hear word dem suppose flog sense enter him brain!
u can trained ur child with ur words
Re: London Court Jails Nigerian Three Years For Flogging Son by webcrafty: 9:31pm On May 15, 2023
Lewisjohnson:

To find the answer to your question, I suggest you one day visit UK as a teacher and experience their kids in first hand.
The reason UK and indeed the west is better than Nigeria and most African Nations, is not because of their kids, it's because of a system built (no small thanks to years of other nation's exploits of course).

But bliv me, not all that glitter is gold... Most UK residents are wishing they could somehow escape living there.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

My Father Disowned Me For Marrying A Disfigured Man { Photos } / Man Buys Brand New Benz For His Newborn Baby Girl (Photos) / Missing 20-Year-Old Precious Leonard Found In Lagos. Do You Know Her? (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.