Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,295 members, 7,780,688 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 07:37 PM

Effects Of Charging Phones With Generator - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Effects Of Charging Phones With Generator (40695 Views)

5 Android Phones With 21MP Shooter For Camera Freaks This December / List Of All Tecno Android Phones With Their Prices And Specs In Nigeria (PICS) / Pictures Of People Charging Phones (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Effects Of Charging Phones With Generator by Contumely: 7:54pm On Sep 26, 2011
I have heard a couple of times that charging phone batteries damages or depletes the life of the battery. But I don't think it is possible and because of the misgivings I have concerning that I don't do it.
So please I want to confirm from you guyz the veracity of such claims.
Looking forward to hearing from you.
Re: Effects Of Charging Phones With Generator by Contumely: 8:47am On Sep 27, 2011
Where una dey na?
Re: Effects Of Charging Phones With Generator by Mcleo007(m): 3:46pm On Sep 27, 2011
Are u looking to start a discussion on the topic or you assume there are answers in the air.
Re: Effects Of Charging Phones With Generator by olagamalin(m): 5:44pm On Oct 06, 2011
embarassed who cares!!!
Re: Effects Of Charging Phones With Generator by sley4life(m): 5:55pm On Oct 06, 2011
help the poster
Re: Effects Of Charging Phones With Generator by virus2010(m): 6:05pm On Oct 06, 2011
if your phone battery is bad.go and get a new pls
Re: Effects Of Charging Phones With Generator by blank(f): 6:10pm On Oct 06, 2011
You are right. Hope you are happy?
Re: Effects Of Charging Phones With Generator by oladayo042: 6:11pm On Oct 06, 2011
When charged with generators, the battery runs down very quickly. Same applies to laptops. My HP battery of 100% will give me over 4 hours if charged with PHCN but close to 3 hours if charged with generator. Anyone can try this.

5 Likes

Re: Effects Of Charging Phones With Generator by sley4life(m): 6:24pm On Oct 06, 2011
charging with gen can blow off the battery and damage the phone when there is power surge

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Effects Of Charging Phones With Generator by freecocoa(f): 6:44pm On Oct 06, 2011
Its quite true that charging phone batteries with gen shortens the life span of the battery,I know this for a fact cos I've experienced it,but it seems like one doesn't have an option but to charge with gen given the state of power supply in the country.
What I do is that I buy a spare battery for my phone,that's the one I charge with gen.

4 Likes

Re: Effects Of Charging Phones With Generator by MrResource(m): 6:46pm On Oct 06, 2011
I support oladayo , i notice the difference

1 Like

Re: Effects Of Charging Phones With Generator by Akiika: 7:24pm On Oct 06, 2011
Guys, i disagree with this myth. If your generator produces a steady current and does not fluctuates as most small generator does, it shouldn't have any effect on your phone battery. You may want to adopt some best practices though;
1. Ensure the generator is on for a little while before plugging in your phone to power.
2. Ensure you unplug the phone before turning off the generator.
3. Unplug your phone as soon as it is fully charged, don't leave at the power source to forestall current surge when PHCN restore power.
4. It's a good idea to have power stabilizers at home.

Current is current as long as it does not fluctuate arbitrarily.

Finally, those batteries are not built to last forever. Even here in US, you may need to replace your phone batteries if you plan to use the phone for more than a year.

6 Likes

Re: Effects Of Charging Phones With Generator by Nobody: 7:52pm On Oct 06, 2011
Ok! From personal experience, it depends on he Generator you use!

If you regularly charge with the small "I pass my neighbor" types then yes, it depletes the battery life of not just phones, but laptops!
If you charge with larger generators, believe me you have no problems!
Try not to make it a habit of charging with the small generators all the time, and you'll be ok!

4 Likes

Re: Effects Of Charging Phones With Generator by Ayodhejjy(m): 8:11pm On Oct 06, 2011
who cares? Though Phcn is more better than gen. Bt can one do witout gen in this country? If ur batt damag go for another one nd stop this conversation
Re: Effects Of Charging Phones With Generator by chidyke77(m): 8:15pm On Oct 06, 2011
freecocoa:

Its quite true that charging phone batteries with gen shortens the life span of the battery,I know this for a fact cos I've experienced it,but it seems like one doesn't have an option but to charge with gen given the state of power supply in the country.
 What I do is that I buy a spare battery for my phone,that's the one I charge with gen.
you are quite right because my lappy battery has reduced its capacity since i started charging it regularly on small generator. It used to last up to 3hr b4 bt after steady charging wt gen for 3month it cn only last for 45mins. I plan to buy a new battery that i wl be charging wt nepa light only.

1 Like

Re: Effects Of Charging Phones With Generator by Nobody: 8:27pm On Oct 06, 2011
Three words, "Uninterrupted Power Supply", if you use this then it will condition the AC regardless of the source.

As far as the phones battery life, I have never ever purchased a battery for any of my cellular phones in over 15 years, maybe I have just been lucky.
Re: Effects Of Charging Phones With Generator by N101: 8:48pm On Oct 06, 2011
Why not charge using a stabilizer rather than direct?
Re: Effects Of Charging Phones With Generator by arsenefc: 9:32pm On Oct 06, 2011
What is a generator?

I live in America, so pardon my ignorance

1 Like

Re: Effects Of Charging Phones With Generator by maxtum(m): 9:47pm On Oct 06, 2011
@ arsenefc, Generator, is, emmm, that thing that makes noise to produce light!

can also be defined as , something that pollutes the air for light and light is that thing that you use to watch tv and on fan! chikena!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Effects Of Charging Phones With Generator by juman(m): 10:13pm On Oct 06, 2011
arsenefc:

What is a generator?

Brother "Akata" grin, generator is that "thing" our "leaders" forced on us to provide us electricity instead of electricity from Up NEPAgrin

1 Like

Re: Effects Of Charging Phones With Generator by Contumely: 10:28pm On Oct 06, 2011
Thank u all for the replies so far. I'm liking it,
Re: Effects Of Charging Phones With Generator by JASBROS(m): 3:20am On Oct 07, 2011
is anytin wrong with still charging a laptop wen it is full because ure still working wit it
Re: Effects Of Charging Phones With Generator by arsenefc: 3:52am On Oct 07, 2011
juman:

Brother "Akata" grin, generator is that "thing" our "leaders" forced on us to provide us electricity instead of electricity from Up NEPAgrin

maxtum:

@ arsenefc, Generator, is, emmm, that thing that makes noise to produce light!

can also be defined as , something that pollutes the air for light and light is that thing that you use to watch tv and on fan! chikena!!

Thank you guys. Thank you so so much for taking the time to explain basic stuff to this ignorant Americana.

My other question is: Can you use the light from this "generator" to have s3x with your GF/Wife/Concubine?
Re: Effects Of Charging Phones With Generator by itiswell1(m): 6:27am On Oct 07, 2011
arsenefc:

Thank you guys. Thank you so so much for taking the time to explain basic stuff to this ignorant Americana.

My other question is: Can you use the light from this "generator" to have s3x with your GF/Wife/Concubine?

Now i see your problem.
Re: Effects Of Charging Phones With Generator by Nobody: 7:52am On Oct 07, 2011
Oyibo people plenty here oo. When we talk naija wahala dem go dey form like say dem know naija pass us wey live inside. Mtseeeeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwww

arsenefc:

What is a generator?

Re: Effects Of Charging Phones With Generator by Sike(m): 8:00am On Oct 07, 2011
Hewo! See questions upon questions. U go fear fear!
Re: Effects Of Charging Phones With Generator by chakula: 8:19am On Oct 07, 2011
For over thousand and hundred days i have been charging my phone by the use of generator and to assure you nothing would have happen to it.

1 Like

Re: Effects Of Charging Phones With Generator by Nobody: 8:28am On Oct 07, 2011
arsenefc:

BUFALLO, As if dem no dey take light for US, And don't tell me any crap. Cuz i use to stay there, Eediot!!!
Re: Effects Of Charging Phones With Generator by N101: 10:21am On Oct 07, 2011
arsenefc:

You are seriously setting yourself up for insults with this kind of ill thought out comment. How old are you, seriously, to be asking a question like that? Why don't you just Google "generators and see what is available in your own country? Generators exist in the US, like they exist elsewhere. If you have never seen one I don't blame you.

Does someone need light to have s/e/x? Don't people have s/e/x when they go camping?

Answer those first, then reflect on the question you just asked.
Re: Effects Of Charging Phones With Generator by arsenefc: 9:41pm On Oct 07, 2011
Ijogz K:

BUFALLO, As if dem no dey take light for US, And don't tell me any crap. Cuz i use to stay there, Eediot!!!

So were you deported?

What did you do? Shoplift? Rape? or did you steal from a dollar store?

I am sorry for you situation. it must be really hard for you and your lazy family. No wonder you are so frustrated. Take care okay.
Re: Effects Of Charging Phones With Generator by arsenefc: 9:44pm On Oct 07, 2011
N101:

You are seriously setting yourself up for insults with this kind of ill thought out comment. How old are you, seriously, to be asking a question like that? Why don't you just Google "generators and see what is available in your own country? Generators exist in the US, like they exist elsewhere. If you have never seen one I don't blame you.

Does someone need light to have s/e/x? Don't people have s/e/x when they go camping?

Answer those first, then reflect on the question you just asked.

Honestly, I dont know what a generator looks like? Is it the same thing as a vibrator? My Sugar mummy has one of those and she allows me to play with it once in a while. Any difference? Is it enough to power a house? I know people get o/r/g/a/s/m from it, but not sure if it can generate enough power. please e/j/a/c/u/la/t/e me. I am here to learn.
Re: Effects Of Charging Phones With Generator by Nobody: 4:48am On Oct 08, 2011
FYI, we have generators here in the US and we call them just that so not sure where the other poster was coming from.

I have one here myself.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Could Be The Cause Of This On My Phone Screen / Twitter Is Down Too! Unable To Load Tweets (Photos) / MTN Gave Me 5k For Updating My Info.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.