Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,405 members, 7,781,180 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 10:16 AM

Assault: Seun Kuti Apologised, Gave Cop ₦‎12,000 To Repair Vehicle, Police Say - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Assault: Seun Kuti Apologised, Gave Cop ₦‎12,000 To Repair Vehicle, Police Say (35474 Views)

Assault: Seun Kuti Apologised, Gave Cop ₦‎12,000 To Repair Vehicle, Police Say / Drugs: India Police Say Rats Ate 200kg Of Siezed Cannabis / Three Missing Abuja Siblings Found, Police Say Victims Abandoned, Distressed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Assault: Seun Kuti Apologised, Gave Cop ₦‎12,000 To Repair Vehicle, Police Say by BRIMBRAM: 8:22am On May 16, 2023
Christistruth03:
We no gree
Seun must be jailed

The rich and Poor must be treated the same with no favourites

If a Poor man did what Seun did by now he for don nearly di

What about all the other Police officers Seun bragged he slapped

What did they get

This case is going to Court

If a poor man did what Seun did. That police man would not have remained calm I hope you know.

It is no more than what the reality of life is.
It's really about privileges. Some have it more than others.

Let me broaden your perspective. Had it been it wasn't Russia that invaded Ukraine you think the U.S that claim to be world police will sit down and be watching from afar?

3 Likes

Re: Assault: Seun Kuti Apologised, Gave Cop ₦‎12,000 To Repair Vehicle, Police Say by jelel6: 8:22am On May 16, 2023
Surprise! Surprise! So he can apologize for damaging a policeman's vehicle? Something he should have done immediately the incident happened.

The only way to encourage discipline policemen and women all over the country is to ensure people like Seun Kuti do the time for his assault.

3 Likes

Re: Assault: Seun Kuti Apologised, Gave Cop ₦‎12,000 To Repair Vehicle, Police Say by dfrost: 8:24am On May 16, 2023
cassette:

Lol impeccable and policemen for the same sentence ? 🤡

Some dey baba... Trust me. Just like the way outsiders see all of us as fraudsters, is really true?
Re: Assault: Seun Kuti Apologised, Gave Cop ₦‎12,000 To Repair Vehicle, Police Say by SavageResponse(m): 8:26am On May 16, 2023
They should use this fool as an example to others who think they are above the law in Nigeria!

2 Likes

Re: Assault: Seun Kuti Apologised, Gave Cop ₦‎12,000 To Repair Vehicle, Police Say by Nobody: 8:28am On May 16, 2023
Nigeria Police still need reform ... Someone came to submit himself ..shey the first thing you should do is give his tea or malt to chill for saving you the time and fuel to go trail him .. instead you carry your agbero and uncivilized way of handcuffs and pictures....
Re: Assault: Seun Kuti Apologised, Gave Cop ₦‎12,000 To Repair Vehicle, Police Say by Semaj77(m): 8:28am On May 16, 2023
Badguy77:
This one too thinks he is above the law... I spit on him, he shouldn't have been fela's son, he should have been Charlie boys son... Cos both of them are two spoilt brats of great parents

Charlie boy shouldn't be compared to Seun
Re: Assault: Seun Kuti Apologised, Gave Cop ₦‎12,000 To Repair Vehicle, Police Say by Bfly: 8:28am On May 16, 2023
If not for seun and the video, all these won't be.

I remember those years wey police dey chop beating for my hood and those guys still dey without ever serving any open punishment. Nigerian police sef need protection if not proper professionalism.

The policeman assaulted by Seun was simply unprofessional to me for allowing unarmed citizen to assualt him and get away with it on the spot. Such police will plead seun if he sees him doing thesame to an ordinary citizen. Rich popular people are above the law in Nigeria except it is caught on video.

If Ecowas could write UK to tamper justice with mercy as regard ekweremadus, then Ekweremadu will scape through if he committed such crime in Africa especially in Nigeria.

Social media is really an alternative to young Nigerians in finding relief to their predicament instead of fighting back. Maybe intellectually or other ways.

Seun must also pay for this.

2 Likes

Re: Assault: Seun Kuti Apologised, Gave Cop ₦‎12,000 To Repair Vehicle, Police Say by RALPHOW(m): 8:30am On May 16, 2023
The most interesting part of the epistle is " musician in handcuffs " , however we need pictures to believe that the stupid boy was truly handcuffed and jailed for at least 3 to 6 months.
Manner less boy!!
Baba Fela will never do or support such nonsense.
Re: Assault: Seun Kuti Apologised, Gave Cop ₦‎12,000 To Repair Vehicle, Police Say by Nobody: 8:30am On May 16, 2023
Ever8090:
But Seun say na d police man apologize to am naa. ..e even say make people no allow the poor man loose him job.. grin...which one we go believe now?...

Police is a disgrace. Why should they accept the 12,000 naira? Is it that there is no agency to repair the car for the police man or the police doesn't have insurance?

They way they said it as if is an honorable act?
Re: Assault: Seun Kuti Apologised, Gave Cop ₦‎12,000 To Repair Vehicle, Police Say by Bigchristo: 8:32am On May 16, 2023
Ofunaofu:

https://punchng.com/assault-seun-kuti-apologised-gave-policeman-%e2%82%a6%e2%80%8e12000-to-repair-vehicle/?amp
I will not buy this story until I hear from Seun Kuti, however all those being maltreated by police are joining forces to use their voice in calling for his arrest, y’all have a very short memories, Endsars nobody get justice including all those people that are constantly being extorted harassed and killed by police none of them get justice but yeah it’s Seun Kuti everyone is screaming prosecute him but on a nutshell y’all will be at the receiving end of any gbas gbos coming from govt and authorities, the sets of people that makes me laugh in this matter is those Obidient youths hating on Seun because he make a comment about Peter Obi nor forget say police Dey always banta una oo just like embracing your oppressor just to make your enemies feel bad I just Dey look una.. I am Obidient to the core and strong Peter Obi supporter but I can never be so toxic to follow the part y’all heading to I know waiting my eyes see for Endsars police is not your friend
Re: Assault: Seun Kuti Apologised, Gave Cop ₦‎12,000 To Repair Vehicle, Police Say by OLOKOESHIN: 8:33am On May 16, 2023
Absuchat:
All those against Peter Obi are messing themselves up by their selves. From Ekweremmadu to Seun... More to go down
You will be the next
Re: Assault: Seun Kuti Apologised, Gave Cop ₦‎12,000 To Repair Vehicle, Police Say by SavageResponse(m): 8:34am On May 16, 2023
Ykc2:
i don talk am before i go still talk am again,if your fighting peter obi for nothing bad thing will start coming your ways,look at mbaka ,ekweremmadu, seun ,wike ,onanuga and many more to go

Go and take your medicine so you will stop hallucinating

1 Like

Re: Assault: Seun Kuti Apologised, Gave Cop ₦‎12,000 To Repair Vehicle, Police Say by 7arrows: 8:35am On May 16, 2023
Ever8090:
But Seun say na d police man apologize to am naa. ..e even say make people no allow the poor man loose him job.. grin...which one we go believe now?...

Na mouth he dey joor.
Re: Assault: Seun Kuti Apologised, Gave Cop ₦‎12,000 To Repair Vehicle, Police Say by casualobserver: 8:35am On May 16, 2023
Considering the family history with police brutality, I believe he will be let go with a caution. Even though he is clearly guilty ( he slapped a policeman ) Nigeria Police need to let this slide, maybe fine him 500k to the police officer for assault. Nigeria police does not need any headlines with Kuti family name. Police should take this one on the chin.

1 Like

Re: Assault: Seun Kuti Apologised, Gave Cop ₦‎12,000 To Repair Vehicle, Police Say by jaxxy(m): 8:37am On May 16, 2023
Let's hear both sides of the story.
Re: Assault: Seun Kuti Apologised, Gave Cop ₦‎12,000 To Repair Vehicle, Police Say by bassdow: 8:38am On May 16, 2023
Ofunaofu:

https://punchng.com/assault-seun-kuti-apologised-gave-policeman-%e2%82%a6%e2%80%8e12000-to-repair-vehicle/?amp

The Policeman involved, seems to be a responsible individual, not all those waste products on uniForm. See how maturely the issue was handled, even before we heard about it
Re: Assault: Seun Kuti Apologised, Gave Cop ₦‎12,000 To Repair Vehicle, Police Say by BennyDGreat: 8:39am On May 16, 2023
Ventura1:
Well, the officer is not on official duty.
It was a personal altercation between the two

The official report says otherwise
Re: Assault: Seun Kuti Apologised, Gave Cop ₦‎12,000 To Repair Vehicle, Police Say by obyrich(m): 8:40am On May 16, 2023
Absuchat:
All those against Peter Obi are messing themselves up by their selves. From Ekweremmadu to Seun... More to go down
The musician risks 3 years in prison. grin
Re: Assault: Seun Kuti Apologised, Gave Cop ₦‎12,000 To Repair Vehicle, Police Say by hush15: 8:41am On May 16, 2023
Ofunaofu:

See story here. Can anybody please tell them it doesn't make any sense to bash somebody in uniforms vehicle and then still go ahead to slap the person and from the pictures clips we saw, the Benz was in front and the police pick up hilux was at the back.

Nigerian Police, always unprofessional.
Re: Assault: Seun Kuti Apologised, Gave Cop ₦‎12,000 To Repair Vehicle, Police Say by sleek214(m): 8:42am On May 16, 2023
Absuchat:
What happened to the Obidient clown/idiot that tried to hijack a plane at the airport?
Re: Assault: Seun Kuti Apologised, Gave Cop ₦‎12,000 To Repair Vehicle, Police Say by blowjohn(m): 8:42am On May 16, 2023
ShaqFu:
they do this very often, this is why the Police command have made it their business to discipline, dismiss and prosecute those police officer who erred. We've seen this countless times on social media how many of them were demoted or even dismissed.

My disappointment is with Seun Kuti, he believes since he's Fela's son he can do and undo. I once read somewhere he once harassed his neighbours with a gun, now this is an uncalled for behaviour, Seun needs to be put in check.

I said it in the other thread. Pokicr usually deal with or dismiss erring officers.
Am a witness to one sef.
Re: Assault: Seun Kuti Apologised, Gave Cop ₦‎12,000 To Repair Vehicle, Police Say by Originalsly: 8:44am On May 16, 2023
[quote author=SavageResponse post=12316work!

They should use this fool as an example to others who think they are above the law in Nigeria!

[/quote]

Exactly. He should be facing at least two charges .... assaulting a uniformed Police officer (a felony ... which on record will affect his travels abroad) ... and hit and run. if he really did state he slapped Police before ... then he should be facing the maximum penalty ... 3 years imprisonment. He disrespected the officer twice ... with a slap and N12K to repair the damage. But he can afford to hire top lawyer.... who would be milking him. There is nothing the lawyer can do except help beg for leniency which will fall on deaf ears. This guy needs to be sentenced... made an example and send a warning to others like him.
Re: Assault: Seun Kuti Apologised, Gave Cop ₦‎12,000 To Repair Vehicle, Police Say by Mrfeel: 8:49am On May 16, 2023
mysticwarrior:
see this one, him papa no go jail?
His father went to jail under military rule
Re: Assault: Seun Kuti Apologised, Gave Cop ₦‎12,000 To Repair Vehicle, Police Say by Bfly: 8:49am On May 16, 2023
RALPHOW:
Our correspondent exclusively obtained a video clip and pictures showing the musician in handcuffs while being paraded by police officers at the SCID, Lagos.

Above is the best part of the epistle, however we need pictures to believe that the stupid boy was truly handcuffed and jailed for at least 3 to 6 months.
Manner less boy!!
Baba Fela will never do or support such nonsense.

Fela will probably do it under a useless democratic government like this. And even have his own Army. Meanwhile Seun won't ever imagine slapping a policeman under a millitary regime.
Re: Assault: Seun Kuti Apologised, Gave Cop ₦‎12,000 To Repair Vehicle, Police Say by SavageResponse(m): 8:49am On May 16, 2023
Bigchristo:
I will not buy this story until I hear from Seun Kuti, however all those being maltreated by police are joining forces to use their voice in calling for his arrest, y’all have a very short memories, Endsars nobody get justice including all those people that are constantly being extorted harassed and killed by police none of them get justice but yeah it’s Seun Kuti everyone is screaming prosecute him but on a nutshell y’all will be at the receiving end of any gbas gbos coming from govt and authorities, the sets of people that makes me laugh in this matter is those Obidient youths hating on Seun because he make a comment about Peter Obi nor forget say police Dey always banta una oo just like embracing your oppressor just to make your enemies feel bad I just Dey look una.. I am Obidient to the core and strong Peter Obi supporter but I can never be so toxic to follow the part y’all heading to I know waiting my eyes see for Endsars police is not your friend

Listen my friend no matter the shortcomings of the police in Nigeria it remains a symbol of authority which should be respected and feared.

We cannot have a situation where citizens can think they can physically assault a uniformed police officer and get away with it.

So you expect the Lagos state government and the police command to sit back and allow the situation in Lagos to degenerate to the pitiful and lawless situation in the south east where gun wielding touts attack police checkpoints at will in broad daylight? Never!

1 Like

Re: Assault: Seun Kuti Apologised, Gave Cop ₦‎12,000 To Repair Vehicle, Police Say by Hussein035: 8:49am On May 16, 2023
ShaqFu:
they do this very often, this is why the Police command have made it their business to discipline, dismiss and prosecute those police officer who erred. We've seen this countless times on social media how many of them were demoted or even dismissed.

My disappointment is with Seun Kuti, he believes since he's Fela's son he can do and undo. I once read somewhere he once harassed his neighbours with a gun, now this is an uncalled for behaviour, Seun needs to be put in check.

Hope you have evidence of this neighbor and gun which you can present. Otherwise edit your comment and remove that nonsense before you will be invited
Re: Assault: Seun Kuti Apologised, Gave Cop ₦‎12,000 To Repair Vehicle, Police Say by Starhearts: 8:50am On May 16, 2023
Absuchat:

Who dey supply u weed 🤔
Re: Assault: Seun Kuti Apologised, Gave Cop ₦‎12,000 To Repair Vehicle, Police Say by blesboi(m): 8:51am On May 16, 2023
he gave over .. you will think the money is in millions ....
Re: Assault: Seun Kuti Apologised, Gave Cop ₦‎12,000 To Repair Vehicle, Police Say by OGHENAOGIE(m): 8:51am On May 16, 2023
Absuchat:
nonsense and ingredients Peter Obi remain a loser seun represent some idiotic elites who are full of themselves.. that they can't abide by simple rules or comport themselves... Who Obi epp...

1 Like

Re: Assault: Seun Kuti Apologised, Gave Cop ₦‎12,000 To Repair Vehicle, Police Say by Nobody: 8:52am On May 16, 2023
dfrost:

So you've not met impeccable policemen? Really?
Impeccable and Nigeria no gel.
Re: Assault: Seun Kuti Apologised, Gave Cop ₦‎12,000 To Repair Vehicle, Police Say by AlphaWolf27: 8:53am On May 16, 2023
If this story is true. SHAME TO THE NIGERIAN POLICE FORCE. SHAME ON ALL OF YOU.

I'm not even surprised, if the House of Reps can write to UK govt to pardon a criminal, this is small. Shame again.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Young Man Commits Suicide In Abuja (Disturbing Photo) / Missing 17-year-old Teenage Girl Found Stoned To Death In South Africa (photos) / How I Sneak Out Of Prison To Share Robbery Loot – Suspect (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.