Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,443 members, 7,808,585 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:47 PM

This Married Woman Needs Your Advice - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / This Married Woman Needs Your Advice (1614 Views)

This 35 Year-old Lady Needs Your Advice As She Plans To Get Married / Every Woman Needs A Husband Like This (photo) / A Brother Needs Your Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This Married Woman Needs Your Advice by frozen70(f): 3:42am On May 17, 2023
Fineman2:
My name is Funsho. I am 35 years old. My husband and I have been married for six years and we have a son together. Two years ago, my job transferred me to Abuja. Since my husband and son are in Lagos, I come home at the end of every month.

My husband was in total support because the transfer came with a better salary and a senior position. I love and trust my husband so much, however I really don't know what he thinks of me. I was able to save up last year, and since we are still in a rented apartment

I sent him the money to get us a landed property so we can start building our home. Since, I trusted him so much, I didn't even ask him for the evidence of payment, he only sent me the pictures. I recently came home as usual and while I was arranging the house, I stumbled on the documents and deeds of agreement for the land. I got the shock of my life when I discovered that it was only my husband's name that was written.

He didn't deem it fit to include my name or simply buy it in our son’s name, he bought the land in his name with my hard earned money. I couldn't hide my disappointment, so I asked him. In his defence, he said he bought it in his name because he is the man and he didn't think I would read so much meaning to it since we are married. This has given me a lot of sleepless nights and I find it really hard to believe he could do this to me.

Please, is this something I should be worried about or am I just overreacting? Advise me.

Insist that he changed it to detailed your name and his name

If he refuse, then just your son name alone, when you have other children, you change it to bear the children names

I don't like what he did, if he wants a land in his name let him get one and write his name

He should have asked you what name will be there instead this disappointment and embarrassment

1 Like

Re: This Married Woman Needs Your Advice by Houseontherock1: 4:21am On May 17, 2023
It's all shades of wrong! Mr Yemi Ajayi and Mrs Kemi Ajayi is even different from Mr and Mrs Yemi Ajayi... make sure your name is included or it gets changed to your name only or your son's name!

1 Like

Re: This Married Woman Needs Your Advice by ObiaboAdoka(m): 5:13am On May 17, 2023
Madam u and the land belong to the man period.

1 Like

Re: This Married Woman Needs Your Advice by anslemarinze52(m): 6:02am On May 17, 2023
Fineman2:
My name is Funsho. I am 35 years old. My husband and I have been married for six years and we have a son together. Two years ago, my job transferred me to Abuja. Since my husband and son are in Lagos, I come home at the end of every month.

My husband was in total support because the transfer came with a better salary and a senior position. I love and trust my husband so much, however I really don't know what he thinks of me. I was able to save up last year, and since we are still in a rented apartment

I sent him the money to get us a landed property so we can start building our home. Since, I trusted him so much, I didn't even ask him for the evidence of payment, he only sent me the pictures. I recently came home as usual and while I was arranging the house, I stumbled on the documents and deeds of agreement for the land. I got the shock of my life when I discovered that it was only my husband's name that was written.

He didn't deem it fit to include my name or simply buy it in our son’s name, he bought the land in his name with my hard earned money. I couldn't hide my disappointment, so I asked him. In his defence, he said he bought it in his name because he is the man and he didn't think I would read so much meaning to it since we are married. This has given me a lot of sleepless nights and I find it really hard to believe he could do this to me.

Please, is this something I should be worried about or am I just overreacting? Advise me.

I'm not married so I can't have an input....buh I'll advice you don't start thinking negatively or else that negative thinking will come to manifestation.
In essence that, your husband will starts to misbehave(trynna be in control and also cheating) and you'll want to also have your say and then you remember you'll be homeless as the house is in he's name.
Re: This Married Woman Needs Your Advice by Khyrvxjzy: 10:39am On May 17, 2023
no 1 we shouldn't hear one side of story
ok i continue

no 2 what kind of man do you marry, i mean do u trust him

no 3 me ooo as case study i or my wife cant stay apart for a whole full month continuously for almost ever... forget the money issue that alone na problem

no 4 which will still be like my number 2 is how do you guys run your home... if your home is put to order then he sud put your name on it but God knows your home then man put the name on it see if na 21century marriage of who wise pass kuku divorce am na
Re: This Married Woman Needs Your Advice by seetomorrow: 3:05pm On May 17, 2023
MrHighSea:
Just imagine he bought it in your name alone.
Both of you would've felt more awkward.

Your son is still a kid, either way, it'll be in care of your husband.

IF you have a happy home, no start that tin wey dey your mind, if not na ground breaking for divorce you don start so.

But men without much thoughts buy things and hands off for their women.

You have finished talk my dude. One bottle of Origin beer.

(1) (2) (Reply)

What If He Cheats? / Finally My Sins Have Caught Up. The Gods Really Disgraced Me / Looking Beautiful Or Ugly During Pregnancy, What Do You Do?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.