Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,412 members, 7,808,465 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:22 PM

Court Grants Seun Kuti Bail, Allows Police To Remand Him For 48 Hours - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Court Grants Seun Kuti Bail, Allows Police To Remand Him For 48 Hours (28131 Views)

Court Grants Portable Bail / Abuja Courts Revokes Jaruma's Bail, Orders Her Re-Arrest And Remand / Court Grants Helen Prest-Ajayi 50% Of Late Husband’s Assets (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Court Grants Seun Kuti Bail, Allows Police To Remand Him For 48 Hours by jaybenugo: 5:47pm On May 16, 2023
The Magistrate Court sitting in Yaba, Lagos state has remanded Afrobeat musician, Seun Kuti, for 48 hours in police custody for allegedly assaulting a police officer, IGBERETV reports.

At his arraignment before Magistrate Adeola Olatunbosun, the prosecution led by S. A Adebese and Morufu Animashaun asked the court to remand the defendant for 21 days pending legal advice from the Directorate of Public Prosecutions. However, Kuti’s counsel, led by Femi Falana, SAN, asked the court to not remand his client, stating that they were not aware of the remand application.

The magistrate after listening to both parties requested five minutes of recess stating that she needed to deliberate on her own. Upon her return, the magistrate said she would not rely on police investigation hence she remanded the defendant for 48 hours in police custody.

Delivering her judgment, she ordered that the singer be remanded for 48 hours with the police and then be granted bail in the sum of N1 million.

“Court has decided to override any public opinion and pass the judgment of the court. Following the remand application presented before the court, I am advising that the case file be duplicated and sent to the Directorate of public prosecutions within 72 hours. The defendant is hereby remanded for 48 hours in police custody to allow the police to conclude their investigation. After 48 hours, the defendant will be granted bail in the sum of N1m with two responsible sureties, a three years tax payment receipt that is verifiable; one of the sureties must have a landed property within the court jurisdiction.”, she ruled.

She adjourned the case till May 23, 2023, for mention.

https://igberetvnews.com/1445204/court-grants-seun-kuti-bail-allows-police-remand-48-hours/

7 Likes

Re: Court Grants Seun Kuti Bail, Allows Police To Remand Him For 48 Hours by Nandoife: 5:48pm On May 16, 2023
At least there's hope for him

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Court Grants Seun Kuti Bail, Allows Police To Remand Him For 48 Hours by Nobody: 6:00pm On May 16, 2023
I said it here. Jamboree is over. He will settle out of court soon and pay fine instead of prison terms.
If you are nobody in this country, please don't try that at home, unless by the time they are done with you, you would have grown yellow beard.

66 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Court Grants Seun Kuti Bail, Allows Police To Remand Him For 48 Hours by Modifire(m): 6:02pm On May 16, 2023

3 Likes

Re: Court Grants Seun Kuti Bail, Allows Police To Remand Him For 48 Hours by Keep2gether(f): 6:23pm On May 16, 2023
Man has humbled. His new name is now Mr. Humble.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Grants Seun Kuti Bail, Allows Police To Remand Him For 48 Hours by NwaNimo1(m): 6:53pm On May 16, 2023
Powerless Man!

Why is this nonsense and non-entity still trending?

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Court Grants Seun Kuti Bail, Allows Police To Remand Him For 48 Hours by slawomir: 6:54pm On May 16, 2023
Damnnn niggar
Our police are annoying but you don't need to harass them
Stay calm and speak to them in a confident way

Heading to club on Sunday
They stopped my gadmnnn ass telling me to come down with boldness I stepped down and obeyed them...they searched my pockets no weed nothing nothing..they were disappointed...
They could not have the balls to tell me to open my two Samsung phones

55 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Court Grants Seun Kuti Bail, Allows Police To Remand Him For 48 Hours by ManWater: 6:54pm On May 16, 2023
Re: Court Grants Seun Kuti Bail, Allows Police To Remand Him For 48 Hours by Tboymessiah(m): 6:55pm On May 16, 2023
NasoLifeBe!!!

Direct or indirect, some ppu are above the law in some shit holes country
Re: Court Grants Seun Kuti Bail, Allows Police To Remand Him For 48 Hours by saphiere(f): 6:55pm On May 16, 2023
Please I need money. I'm ready to do anything. My education is at stake.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Court Grants Seun Kuti Bail, Allows Police To Remand Him For 48 Hours by Lanretoye(m): 6:55pm On May 16, 2023
E good to get good lawyer

1 Like

Re: Court Grants Seun Kuti Bail, Allows Police To Remand Him For 48 Hours by maziengr: 6:55pm On May 16, 2023
Drugs overdose have disappeared

1 Like

Re: Court Grants Seun Kuti Bail, Allows Police To Remand Him For 48 Hours by Ijaya123: 6:55pm On May 16, 2023
Just like I predicted earlier on.

At the end of the case, he will be fine, being a first time offender and ordered to do community service.
Re: Court Grants Seun Kuti Bail, Allows Police To Remand Him For 48 Hours by oluwaseyi0: 6:55pm On May 16, 2023
the police have been waiting for this for years
they are ready to overflog it to any extent

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Grants Seun Kuti Bail, Allows Police To Remand Him For 48 Hours by Goodman2023: 6:55pm On May 16, 2023
..but why didn't the police say Seun was joking just like in the case of MC agbero threatening voters ?

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Grants Seun Kuti Bail, Allows Police To Remand Him For 48 Hours by Sebastine1994(m): 6:55pm On May 16, 2023
Naira Marley
Zazzu cronner
Nnamdi kanu
Sunday igboho
Seun kuti

Nigeria has a way to humble people. This guy would just be giving revisionist history, you can never be like your father, activism cannot be inherited

Children of musicians cannot inherit the singing genes, from frank Sinatra, to dimian Marley, to osadebes children. It is a gift. Whether in the movie industry or anything. Find your own path and stop acting ßtupid

2 Likes

Re: Court Grants Seun Kuti Bail, Allows Police To Remand Him For 48 Hours by MrPADDY(m): 6:56pm On May 16, 2023
If you are big, you can use your influence to make a policeman literally worship you, even if you are in jail. Slapping a policeman is unnecessary.

5 Likes

Re: Court Grants Seun Kuti Bail, Allows Police To Remand Him For 48 Hours by ROYALMAXCLEANER: 6:56pm On May 16, 2023
Stay out of trouble if you no get ground

Mehn see as E come humble.... grin

Re: Court Grants Seun Kuti Bail, Allows Police To Remand Him For 48 Hours by Zico5(m): 6:56pm On May 16, 2023
Thank God he has been granted bail. I dont know why these people from that side always feel happiness whenever something bad happen to us. I have been seen some of their reactions since yesterday. Seun may be flawed but he is ours and we love him even in his ultimate weakness. Thank God he has been granted bail. He will use the opportunity to think over and make good decision as from now on. We are not all perfect, everyone is prone to errors. We must never laugh at another person's predicament cos we dont know what tomorrow hold for us. God bless all omoluwabi

28 Likes

Re: Court Grants Seun Kuti Bail, Allows Police To Remand Him For 48 Hours by ImoleNaija: 6:56pm On May 16, 2023
He deserves whatever he goes through. It's a slap in the govt's face.

5 Likes

Re: Court Grants Seun Kuti Bail, Allows Police To Remand Him For 48 Hours by Theactor(m): 6:57pm On May 16, 2023
any one with work opportunities abeg
nothing bad reach to be unemploy in this country kaii
Re: Court Grants Seun Kuti Bail, Allows Police To Remand Him For 48 Hours by timefarm(m): 6:57pm On May 16, 2023
I hope that police guy that beats a man like a child has been remanded also.

I only hear he was sacked or demoted.
Was he arraigned like this?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Court Grants Seun Kuti Bail, Allows Police To Remand Him For 48 Hours by shortgun(m): 6:58pm On May 16, 2023
The judge quickly entered her chambers to call her superiors before delivering judgement.

Meanwhile, the uncouth uncivilised drug induced old for nothing will learn one or two lessons from this.
Nobody is above the law

6 Likes

Re: Court Grants Seun Kuti Bail, Allows Police To Remand Him For 48 Hours by Ipih: 6:58pm On May 16, 2023
undecidedq
Re: Court Grants Seun Kuti Bail, Allows Police To Remand Him For 48 Hours by easyfem(m): 6:58pm On May 16, 2023
make hin head corect

1 Like

Re: Court Grants Seun Kuti Bail, Allows Police To Remand Him For 48 Hours by tiswell(m): 6:58pm On May 16, 2023
All the media show na staged,no be today fa!
Re: Court Grants Seun Kuti Bail, Allows Police To Remand Him For 48 Hours by Vopopoc: 7:00pm On May 16, 2023
Okay
Re: Court Grants Seun Kuti Bail, Allows Police To Remand Him For 48 Hours by juman(m): 7:01pm On May 16, 2023
I know he will be released on bail.
It's bailable offence.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Eliana Ameh: Kaffy Celebrates Her Daughter's 4th Birthday / Kelechi Amadi-Obi Recreates Old Family Portrait (Photos) / Movie Stars Who Released One Album And Disappeared(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.